SGTA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Chatbox
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» The AFK thread
by Tecuani Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:15 am

» Basic - Camouflage and spotting - 26th of November - 19:30UTC
by ZerONRNS Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:42 am

» SGTA is moving!
by Vallu01 Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:57 am

» Trying to understand the T-34...
by Vallu01 Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:53 am

» Hello from Prometheus
by Pendergast Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:15 am

» Repeat of peek-a-boo lesson?
by JosefSvejk Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:57 pm

» M46 Patton, wat to do .vs TD division
by Rajahz Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:46 am

» T-44 Patrol Duty
by Wen90 Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:45 am

» Peek a boo lesson
by Madhias Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:51 am

End game failure

3 posters

Go down

End game failure Empty End game failure

Post  AndyScouser Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:26 pm

hi there,

I havent been playing a great deal of late, but when i do im concentrating on surviving more whilst still doing as much damage as i can.  Ive now been in the situation several times where im pretty much last man standing, maybe an arty to support (and im normally top damage dealer!).  Any how, im finding its a 50/50 chance that i can win these situations, and I feel i can do a whole lot better.

I *think* im getting a big adreneline kick as I know the game result is down to me, but when I lose im kicking myself as ive rushed or something stupid.  

Does anybody else suffer the same?  Any advice?? shall i take up Yoga???
AndyScouser
AndyScouser

Back to top Go down

End game failure Empty Re: End game failure

Post  Boos B Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:48 pm

You are not alone and it also costs me a lot of energy. Making me doubt about the game even sometimes.
Boos B
Boos B
INSTRUCTOR
INSTRUCTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Daeworn Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:55 pm

The equation is simple: the longer you live the more dmg you can do => higher in dmg ladder.

And the odds, that you win at the end against superiority in numbers depends mostly how well enemy use it. I have seen so many top tiers wiping out our team even with odds 5,6 to 1, just because they came one by one (even with low health), from same direction, and on the ground that advantage the enemy. So if circumstances are in your favor, you can win, but sometimes there is just to many of them.

My advice is: chose your ground (where you think, you will do well), fight as well as you can and if you lose, enemy was simply better. No remorse. Press "battle button" again.

Daeworn

Back to top Go down

Post  AndyScouser Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:10 pm

Daeworn,

I know what you mean, and often i can play the game where ill take out the remaining enemy one by one, this for me is really exciting....second guessing where arty is going to come from as he thinks im totally focussed on the remaining IS-3 or whatever.   Where I really fail is when it truly is end game, 1v1.  

For example

I had a game the other night on El Halluf in my ISU-152,
[ONFIREMODE]I had a relatively noob arty left and a tiger who died with out the enemy spotted.  I went across the valley to the enemy side fully aware of an enemy ISU, IS-3 and T7 arty remaining,  I avoided the obvious route as that is where the tiger died.  I spotted the ISU straight away and finished him off.  Pressure building as i knew arty and IS-3 would be chasing me down.... I backed off down the valley edge to reappear 2 mins later, where I thought arty would be.. he wasnt but IS-3 was.  I move again to one of those little hills and playing cat and mouse with the IS-3, knowing that arty would try and flank me.  I spot and kill him as he did what i expected him too.  I get a shot off on IS-3, 700 odd dmg and im on 100%.
[/ONFIREMODE]
[NOOBMODE]I missing 3 shots (BL-10 so maybe not all my fault) but i end up dead all the same.  IS-3 finds our useless arty and game lost
[/NOOBMODE]

Sad bugger.... if only i could have held it together and be top of my game rather than turn into a noob.
AndyScouser
AndyScouser

Back to top Go down

Post  Daeworn Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:23 pm

When I get home, I will post here my replay with Kv-1s, standing last against I think 6 tanks on Fisherman's Bay defending the cap zone. At the end, they won on cap, because I failed 1 shot to reset cap circle. At that time, I thought wtf (9 kills, medals like hell and they won on cap!). But sometimes simply the luck sits on enemy, when you need it.

And I have second advice: stop making assumptions about your teammates, you spare yourself a lot disappointments.

EDIT: as promised : http://wotreplays.com/uploader/Daeworn/id/293675

Daeworn

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down