SGTA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Chatbox
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» The AFK thread
by Tecuani Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:15 am

» Basic - Camouflage and spotting - 26th of November - 19:30UTC
by ZerONRNS Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:42 am

» SGTA is moving!
by Vallu01 Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:57 am

» Trying to understand the T-34...
by Vallu01 Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:53 am

» Hello from Prometheus
by Pendergast Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:15 am

» Repeat of peek-a-boo lesson?
by JosefSvejk Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:57 pm

» M46 Patton, wat to do .vs TD division
by Rajahz Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:46 am

» T-44 Patrol Duty
by Wen90 Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:45 am

» Peek a boo lesson
by Madhias Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:51 am

Pearl River

+5
Brainfarter
vorlontank
RoninRage
Vallu01
ziggybass
9 posters

Go down

Pearl River Empty Pearl River

Post  ziggybass Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:25 am

Not long after I joined SGTA I described to Ping760 many moons ago my tactic for blocking the bridge at Pearl River.

3 experienced tankers on the cap side can easily stop a team crossing the bridge.

One the right side on the bridge at the end of the building light and medium tanks can
not only get behind the building but can either run along a paved area either side of the river or cross
after 4 to 5 point manouvering the smaller bridge and score hit points into the sides of tanks trying to cross.
An extra tank parked down river using the river bank as cover (a churchill can reek havok in this position!
There is also a hard standing just to the left of the bridge which allows another vantage point!
If the enemy rush the bridge they expose their bottom plate and floor pan beatifully and cannot depress
their gun enough once they are committed to the crossing!
17/10/2013 I successfully helped my team defend the bridge with an KV1S and a Tiger11 destroying 2 enemy tanks on their
1st meter of the bridge. The rest T9 did not fancy trying to squeeze past and turned on their heels. Being
destroyed from the rear by us!
Lower teirs being more manouverable can have a lot more fun with this tactic.

My main point is, that if you can use this tactic with say 3 Heavies you free up more tanks for the left flank
advance. It holds up the enemy for ages and they have to feed into a bottle neck. The more tanks the
enemy send that way the more confused and frustrated those tankers become.

Lastly if all looks lost falling on your own sword by blocking the bridge with your own tank might be another
option in a Company or CW battle it might be considered worth the sacrifice!

I have been promoting this strategy for this map from very early on. I hope it can become a set peice!
ziggybass
ziggybass

http://www.mulesspain.com

Back to top Go down

Pearl River Empty Re: Pearl River

Post  Vallu01 Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:40 am

Moved to General Discussion.
Vallu01
Vallu01
ADMIN
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post  RoninRage Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:49 am

Had a random battle where this worked pretty nice:
https://sgta.forumotion.com/t398p30-ronin-s-replays#10244

was not exactly what you discribed and don't watch too close I am not the experienced tanker your looking for ;-) but I have to say this was the first (and so far only time) it worked out in a random. On some other occasions we had the case that the whole team was camping at the bridge and got shot in the back by advancing tanks from the other flank. So there need to be a balance which is hard to get in a random battle.
RoninRage
RoninRage
Guide
Guide

Back to top Go down

Post  vorlontank Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:53 am

have to agree, its better to hold the bridge. first time it happend to a team i was on, 3 tanks got annihilated on the bridge, blocking it (i was the first)
been the defender there too, me in my su100y , two more tds on the other side. 'none shall pass!'

vorlontank

Back to top Go down

Post  Brainfarter Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:02 pm

When spawning from the north side, and people in general neglect to go through the valley, there is an alternative: CARRY!

(or use alternative positioning)

http://wotreplays.com/site/383409#self

/B

Brainfarter
Brainfarter
Lead Guide
Lead Guide

Back to top Go down

Pearl River Empty It really works!

Post  ziggybass Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:22 am

20/10/13 Pearl River, random battle. We were a bit rattled to see 7 enemy heavies and 2 TD's. up to T 1X. But that's was 9 enemy tanks destroyed! It cost us 4 destroyed. We won!

21/10/2013 <Pearl River, Random battle. This time my team were attacking the bridge. My team completely bottled out and so the defenders crossed the bridge. I was destroyed at the 3 way junction! Once one tank decided he didn't want to fight, well you know the rest. Most of us have been left by the runaways haven't we? we lost!

Conclusion: Weight of numbers is likely to bring turmoil to an attacking team. Unless one side or the other breaks the enemy line by using a fast hard hitting tank to cross the bridge to disrupt the enemy briefly. You can be stuck at the bridge for the whole game dead or alive!
It could be considered appropriate for both teams to send a token or holding force each side of the bridge, and let the rest of both sides fight the Omega loop! I always take the bridge route. I frequently die there! Patience and cool headedness brings it's own reward at Pearl River Bridge! But what a great game. see you on the battlefield. Z.
ziggybass
ziggybass

http://www.mulesspain.com

Back to top Go down

Post  godjira Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:33 am

Blocking just seems unnatural to me. Quickybaby's walkthrough for this map recommends securing the little hill in between the two bridges with the biggest baddest tank you have as quickly as possible, but that's no good if half the team wait outside the gates. It's a pretty rotten map for teamwork in randoms, so never go out alone!

godjira
godjira

http://www.godjira.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Bloodrave Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:32 pm

Quickybaby made that map tactic when Pearl river was still pretty new, that said it is still a valid tactic but personally I think that the North spawn has it easier to defend/push the North passage (if you follow that tactic).

The reason for that is that from the North spawn it feels more natural to push down into the forks, while from the East spawn people tend to defend just before the fork. In that situation North spawn get's better opportunities to keep their guns into play with less exposure, while East usually needs to expose them self to be able to shoot. This is what i see in most of my Pearl river games at least.

So it's my opinion that if East spawn will not make it in time to aggressively push the 3 lines of the fork (especially the Southern road of the fork) it's better to defend at the bridge. Around the bridge the North spawn has no reliable way to side scrape while East spawn is able to use and abuse the bridge and houses. But that said if East spawn defends the bridge area with too many tanks and North spawn wins the battle in the South then the "defenders of the bridge" will be very vulnerable (even if they are 8-10 against 2-3).

Personally, in the last weeks I tend to go South more and more because if your pubbies are able to hold the line in the North then South push is key to securing the win. I feel that one or 2 good players can have a bigger impact on the South compared to the North. North is more rock/paper/scissors because it's all about bouncing and avoiding hits and the average pubbie will usually do everything in their power to make it impossible for you to angle and side scrape properly.
Bloodrave
Bloodrave

Back to top Go down

Post  CountOfTuscany Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:45 pm

Havent viewed QB map tactic for pearl river yet. This is one I found some time ago on the WOT-forums:
http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/242193-guide-how-to-win-pearl-river-in-team-b-with-pictures/
CountOfTuscany
CountOfTuscany

Back to top Go down

Post  Gorritakid Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:48 pm

Relevant replay I guess:

http://wotreplays.com/site/397971#self

Pearl river in randoms in a nutshell.

Gorritakid

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content