SGTA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Chatbox
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» The AFK thread
by Tecuani Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:15 am

» Basic - Camouflage and spotting - 26th of November - 19:30UTC
by ZerONRNS Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:42 am

» SGTA is moving!
by Vallu01 Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:57 am

» Trying to understand the T-34...
by Vallu01 Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:53 am

» Hello from Prometheus
by Pendergast Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:15 am

» Repeat of peek-a-boo lesson?
by JosefSvejk Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:57 pm

» M46 Patton, wat to do .vs TD division
by Rajahz Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:46 am

» T-44 Patrol Duty
by Wen90 Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:45 am

» Peek a boo lesson
by Madhias Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:51 am

My preferred mods

5 posters

Go down

My preferred mods Empty My preferred mods

Post  Vallu01 Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:21 am

I just couldn't do recommended mods as everybody has their own preference. If you don't know how to install mods here's a quick guide.
I haven't had any problems with these mods and as far as I know all of them are legal to use, but I they are not mine so I can't promise anything.

Now I choose almost all of my mods based on 1 principle, information is power. So mods I've chosen give you more information.

J1mB0's crosshair mod
Can't play without it anymore, changes the crosshair to be bit more minimalistic and clearer also add reload timer and a shell travel time for artillery. Must have for me.

XVM
Some hate it, some love it. Has 2 parts, 1st changes the interface, 2nd add the efficiency ratings. You can configure it to your liking, which I have done. Why I use it? So I can roughly see how good everyone is and see damage I have dealt. Again somebody else might it use for something else, definitely recommend trying it out at least. Must have again!

XVM installer/updater
Easy to use XVM installer. XVM can be quite hard to install right and this let's you do it with one click.

Zoom out mod
First of all, artillery zoomout mod is illegal, this on is legal. Let's you zoom out more from your tank, giving you better view of the situation and letting you peek over corners. Must have for me these days.

Locastans enhanced HD minimap Gen 2
I'm so glad that I found this mod! It's your normal map on steroids. It adds 50m spotting circle, viewrange circle, artillery range circle, the game engines rendering/drawing limit (how far can you see tanks), lines for view line and hull direction, new tank icons for minimap, I hope I didn't forget something... oh yes, tank and player names in minimap next to tank icons. Information truly is power in this case. And! It's fully customisable via XML file with instructions. Must have also.

Locastans Damage Panel 1.3.4 int (8.4) centered and vanilla
Shows how much damage you taken with each shot and when, makes it easier to know what's shooting at you. Has also handy flashing warning when you're on fire (I drive German tanks...). Has 3 layout choices. For some reason version 1 doesn't work for me so I use version 3 with centered modules and crew icons.

Locastans Statistics Pack for 0.8.4
Add a lot of stats to Service record, Battle results and extra info in message box about your current session. For those who like to keep track of their stats.

Locastans 2 rowed tank carousel mod. (8.4)
Jury is still out on this one, it puts your tanks in 2 rows in you garage so you can have about 40 tanks showing in the bar at the same time. But I'm not sure if I like it yet, they are bit small and I have over 40 tanks so I still can't see all of them. Maybe after I get used to it.

Sixth Sense Audio - Portal Mod!
I wanted a sound effect for my Sixth Sense to make it impossible to miss, and I couldn't resist taking this one. There's a preview video and I cracked up on 1:01 and just had to take those sounds. There's 6 voice packs and all of them rotate between few sounds. It has icons also, but I only use sounds myself.

Last edited by Vallu01 on Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Vallu01
Vallu01
ADMIN
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

My preferred mods Empty Re: My preferred mods

Post  Wasp Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:28 pm

I use a similar setup myself and can really recommend the ones Vallu named Very Happy

But I disagree with the audio mod:
Vallu01 wrote:
I wanted a sound effect for my Sixth Sense to make it impossible to miss, and I couldn't resist taking this one. There's a preview video and I cracked up on 1:01 and just had to take those sounds. There's 6 voice packs and all of them rotate between few sounds. It has icons also, but I only use sounds myself.

You just use it to cheat in our hardcore mode battles on Himmelsdorf! :-P

o7 Wasp
Wasp
Wasp
DEP. COMMANDER
DEP. COMMANDER

Back to top Go down

Post  Boos B Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:33 pm

So that is how you won!

BTW: XVM no longer shows efficiency.
Boos B
Boos B
INSTRUCTOR
INSTRUCTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Vampir_Kifla Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:18 am

Boos B wrote:So that is how you won!

BTW: XVM no longer shows efficiency.
It does. Mine shows efficiency in numbers from 1 to 100. Try this to install XVM.
http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/196435-xvm-updater-20-one-click-installupdate-ready-for-084/
Vampir_Kifla
Vampir_Kifla
INSTRUCTOR
INSTRUCTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Vallu01 Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:20 am

Wasp wrote:I use a similar setup myself and can really recommend the ones Vallu named Very Happy

But I disagree with the audio mod:
Vallu01 wrote:

You just use it to cheat in our hardcore mode battles on Himmelsdorf! :-P

o7 Wasp

No no no, that's just happy side effect Smile I actually tried to install it that time while ingame, but it didn't work before I restarted. But the first time we did the hardcore mode I had that and it its useful Razz

XVM for also shows number between 1 and 100, fortunately they are still colour coded. I also added the XVM installer to the list, I use that myself.
Vallu01
Vallu01
ADMIN
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post  Boos B Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:19 pm

ow thanks! I do not miss the efficiency btw. Mine shows number of games + win rate and it already gives a fair picture.
Boos B
Boos B
INSTRUCTOR
INSTRUCTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Lemmingtrain Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:04 am

Are you guys getting Locastans enhanced HD minimap Gen 2 to work with the latest XVM (3.4.2)? It crashes mine, as does Artasans 184 Damage Counter. Really miss them both Sad
Lemmingtrain
Lemmingtrain

Back to top Go down

Post  Vallu01 Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:22 am

The new version of the enhanced minimap is working, the old doesn't. Never heard of that Damage Counter.
Vallu01
Vallu01
ADMIN
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post  Lemmingtrain Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:19 pm

Vallu01 - could you please post me a link for the new version just to make sure I have the right one?

The damage counter was off Curse and was really neat - data in the results window and also in the bottom corner of the screen by chat.

Cheers
Lemmingtrain
Lemmingtrain

Back to top Go down

Post  Vallu01 Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:38 am

Lemmingtrain wrote:Vallu01 - could you please post me a link for the new version just to make sure I have the right one?

The damage counter was off Curse and was really neat - data in the results window and also in the bottom corner of the screen by chat.

Cheers

You can find it in the first post, all the titles are links to where I downloaded the mods.
Vallu01
Vallu01
ADMIN
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down