SGTA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Chatbox
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» The AFK thread
by Tecuani Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:15 am

» Basic - Camouflage and spotting - 26th of November - 19:30UTC
by ZerONRNS Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:42 am

» SGTA is moving!
by Vallu01 Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:57 am

» Trying to understand the T-34...
by Vallu01 Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:53 am

» Hello from Prometheus
by Pendergast Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:15 am

» Repeat of peek-a-boo lesson?
by JosefSvejk Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:57 pm

» M46 Patton, wat to do .vs TD division
by Rajahz Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:46 am

» T-44 Patrol Duty
by Wen90 Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:45 am

» Peek a boo lesson
by Madhias Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:51 am

Need feedback for Caemavron and Conqueror

3 posters

Go down

Need feedback for Caemavron and Conqueror Empty Need feedback for Caemavron and Conqueror

Post  Aint Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:26 pm

Hi guys.
Can someone give me feed back on the Caemavron and the Conqueror.
Atm im aiming at the Conqueror so can someone please tell me their performance.I'm really impressed by the lower tiers from that line so my hopes are that they continue the streak.
Thank you.
Aint
Aint

Back to top Go down

Need feedback for Caemavron and Conqueror Empty Re: Need feedback for Caemavron and Conqueror

Post  Ding760 Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:31 pm

I think I have a Caern one stored somewhere.... gimme a moment
Ding760
Ding760

Back to top Go down

Need feedback for Caemavron and Conqueror Empty Re: Need feedback for Caemavron and Conqueror

Post  Guest Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:33 am

Caernarvon and conqueror have the worst heavy tank module layouts in the game. Their tracks are semi-integrated and their ammo rack (wait for it)... is located behind the lower front plate. That means in direct combat, you're going to get ammo racked ALOT. Despite this, british engineers have some epicly designed shells, I've NEVER been killed by ammo racking in caernarvon or conqueror despite the maybe 80+ times I've been ammo racked.
Apart from that, caernarvon and conqueror have BETTER stabilizers than US tanks, meaning those 2 things are on the move snipers and exceptional in long range combat. Along with that, caernarvon and the stock turret on conqueror have arguably one of the best turrets in game. It's essentially the same as a centurion turret, what makes those turrets special is their IS-7 like lack of cupola. At medium to long ranges, that thing is technically invisible, it doesn't protrude out like on german or US tanks. This along with 10 degree gun depression on caernarvon makes this tank one of the strongest hull down tanks in game. Its accuracy and rate of fire is also very good along with high penetration.
Conqueror is different, with 8 degree gun depression and a less effective turret (it has a noticeable cupola) along with the turret shape (it loses armor against anything it doesn't look directly at), you are weaker than caernarvon protection wise. However, conqueror tracks are stronger than caernarvon, so it makes you a bit better at urban combat. The Conqueror may have abyssmal armor, but it makes up for it with exceptional firepower. With 8.5 sec reload time, 0.32 accuracy, NO AIMTIME on its top gun, its firepower performs better than even T110E5. Its 1950 hp also makes it one of the higher end ones of tier 9 heavies.

Both tanks are huge and their upper plate isn't as thick as one might expect, so they're bad at close combat. Their mobility is also much better than that of churchills (roughly twice as fast). With both tanks, you MUST use hull down as much as you can in order to have any viable armor, the stabilizer also means you barely need to expose your turret before you're down safe again, also the strong turret and obscure cupolas makes you able to facehug german tanks effectively, in those cases you have to use your superior HP and DPM to take them down before they take you out.

Back to top Go down

Post  Rancidpunk Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:42 am

I sold mine and went back to Churchill VII and as soon as I have spare cash that inglorious basterd Black Prince [sic] will be back in my garage, mostly because any higher tier in the Brit heavies just aren't designed to be in close.
Rancidpunk
Rancidpunk
INSTRUCTOR
INSTRUCTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:45 am

You'd be surprised at the FV215b then. Its frontal armor is rivaling that of Maus, and it sidescrapes better.

Back to top Go down

Post  Aint Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:22 am

Thanks Kawa i hope putting the info in good use
Aint
Aint

Back to top Go down

Post  Ding760 Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:36 pm

Moved to General Discussion. A guide was posted for Caernaevron.
Ding760
Ding760

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down