SGTA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Chatbox
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» The AFK thread
by Tecuani Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:15 am

» Basic - Camouflage and spotting - 26th of November - 19:30UTC
by ZerONRNS Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:42 am

» SGTA is moving!
by Vallu01 Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:57 am

» Trying to understand the T-34...
by Vallu01 Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:53 am

» Hello from Prometheus
by Pendergast Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:15 am

» Repeat of peek-a-boo lesson?
by JosefSvejk Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:57 pm

» M46 Patton, wat to do .vs TD division
by Rajahz Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:46 am

» T-44 Patrol Duty
by Wen90 Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:45 am

» Peek a boo lesson
by Madhias Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:51 am

What are your goals in the game?

+10
Sgt_Kelly
drogo
Wasp
HowTheStoryEnds
SteelToedSneakers
CountOfTuscany
Ding760
we_just_dinged_em
Hollysmoke
Rancidpunk
14 posters

Go down

What are your goals in the game? Empty What are your goals in the game?

Post  Rancidpunk Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:40 pm

I split this from Chamion TC topic as it was getting off-topic, Vallu01 https://sgta.forumotion.com/t248-champion-tc#2068

Reading through the thread I realised that I've got no clue what most players aims or goals in the game are.

When I started the main goal for most players was to grind an IS7 and Maus to play clan wars with the odd rare random match, I did this and found CW to be mostly tedious and predictable, 15 IS7's versus 15 IS7's firing gold was the norm with the odd Maus platoon.

50 or so CW matches and I got bored, found I preferred 10 high tier randoms an hour to two CW matches an evening and then compulsory noob hunting at tier one or two with clan to keep win rate up! Not all clans were like this but the general stat chasing attitude is so bloody boring Rolling Eyes

I think I've played about 7000 random tier 9/10 battles, more if you count high tier arty but I'm finding it much more fun now as well as a major challenge to keep my efficiency rating somewhere decent playing mid tier heavies and arty, absolute nightmare actually if you factor in the lack of cap points I can get in my slow heavy metal beasts Smile

Anyway, it would be interesting to know what your aims or goals are other than to play well?
Rancidpunk
Rancidpunk
INSTRUCTOR
INSTRUCTOR

Back to top Go down

What are your goals in the game? Empty Re: What are your goals in the game?

Post  Hollysmoke Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:10 pm

Thread hijack in a good way Very Happy

Personally, learn all there is to learn about the game, play all aspects and master a few. For me the most pleasure comes from teamwork, and success as a team through good communication, leadership and teamwork brings me a lot more pleasure than driving stats in randoms.

My goals, learn the tactics, and pros and cons of each map, to enable me to lead tank companys in the future.
Clan wars, dunno. maybe. Im way off.
Certainly i want a few tier ten games at some point, but im loving the kv1s groups we play with on saturdays for now.

And one day, i need to buy back my t-50-2 and master that damn tank!

Hollysmoke

Back to top Go down

What are your goals in the game? Empty What are your goals in the game?

Post  we_just_dinged_em Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:53 pm

My goals are simply to have fun, I don't want to play CW, but TCs are fun even at higher tiers, but getting raped 99% of the time by better teams isn't (might as well play randoms!)

I've not yet got to the end of any of the lines, although I'm close to finally getting the Batchat Arty, I'm in no rush.
we_just_dinged_em
we_just_dinged_em

http://www.noobmeter.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ding760 Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:44 am

Have fun and learn new ways to play the game.

Try to be a bit innovative and use the things I learn to help others. That's about it really.
Ding760
Ding760

Back to top Go down

Post  CountOfTuscany Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:55 am

When I started the game I wanted to have a T-34. I wanted this beecause it was an innovative design back in the day and I thought few people would play ussr tanks (was I wrong Laughing ). lolled a bit in BT-2 and BT-7 as a noob and broke down on A-20.
Next goal: KV with those big guns (remember 107 and 152) and some extra free garage space (kv-2,t-150). I also started the german TD line and had fun in Hetty and grinded through stug and stock jp4.

At first I wanted a Jagdtiger, IS-4 (tier 9 back then) or IS-7, T-34 and possibly T-54. Currently I don't have ambitions to go beyond tier 8, and I'm gathering some fun tanks.

So current longlist:
-hellcat (I am at T49)
-full upgraded Jagdpanther
-IS-3 (currently at KV-1s)
-M26 Pershing (currently at E8 and Jumbo)
and possibly KV-13/T-44

other:
-I will keep E8 or Jumbo
-I will keep my KV-1s and possibly get an VK3601h (keeping tier 6 never hurts for pubs or TC, right?)

I'm intersted in playing meds. just because I like to move around the battlefield and deal damage in the meanwhile.

Besides these goals, I want to have fun in the game. Another goal that would fit well with my interest in meds is my intention to learn to become a battle-changer, someone who turns the tide in a battle and bring a score 2-6 to a win!

CountOfTuscany
CountOfTuscany

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:13 am

My goal:
- Challenge mind with fast but logical decision making
- Challenge mind with memorization
- Destruction of irrational players
- Set an example that intelligence is important
- Set an example that limited social interaction does not mean one is unable to play well
- Set an example that females can be devastating forces to be reckoned with
- Remove arrogance without merits
- Adjust playerbase to appreciate physics, mathematics, memorization and understanding

Back to top Go down

Post  SteelToedSneakers Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:05 am

First of all, I'm here to have fun!

I wish to learn the different tanks so well that I can teach new players a thing or two. So far I think tier 6-7 are most fun, but it might change. Basically, I want to be a SGTA student that transforms into an instructor. If I remember correctly, I even stated that in my application...

Forgot to add: I am also hoping to be smart enough, with enough knowledge, to be able to run TC's, and maybe CW in the future. I have a little Montgomery, or Patton in my belly Smile

Last edited by SteelToedSneakers on Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
SteelToedSneakers
SteelToedSneakers

http://www.kittelsaa.com

Back to top Go down

Post  HowTheStoryEnds Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:20 am

I'd obviously would like to learn to pay better so I won't be such a burden on my teammates and can help reliably where necessary. To this end I wish to learn and understand more about my deaths and how they get me to die, to prevent it the next time.. hopefully. Razz

So far that part has improved IMHO. The hardest part right now is to formulate a good strategy and follow through as well as react to my opponents. It's a combination of map awareness and tank awareness that I need to attain.

Afterwards when I'm considered 'good (enough)' I'd like to pay it forward and help with teaching new people if that'd ever be acceptable. Smile
HowTheStoryEnds
HowTheStoryEnds
Guide
Guide

Back to top Go down

Post  Ding760 Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:19 pm

Harald_Brinkhof wrote:I'd obviously would like to learn to pay better so I won't be such a burden on my teammates and can help reliably where necessary. To this end I wish to learn and understand more about my deaths and how they get me to die, to prevent it the next time.. hopefully. Razz

So far that part has improved IMHO. The hardest part right now is to formulate a good strategy and follow through as well as react to my opponents. It's a combination of map awareness and tank awareness that I need to attain.

Afterwards when I'm considered 'good (enough)' I'd like to pay it forward and help with teaching new people if that'd ever be acceptable. Smile

You know we always welcome instructors, even potential ones Smile

Especially one that has been with us for so long ^^
Ding760
Ding760

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:18 pm

Meh... influx of instructor candidates...
I'd really want quality assurance... they don't need to be superb players, but they need to have the KNOWLEDGE down, that's the minimum.
If it was up to me, I would want to take candidates on a full day course (10 hours) to go through every single map, every tank, every position for every tank, camo system, vision system, destructibles, arty positions, tactics, techniques, correct angling, correct depressing, correct weakspot detection, penetration mechanics, HE penetration mechanics, HESH penetration mechanics, team techniques, compensation, tank capabilities in certain situations, viable matchups, pointless fights, distraction, spotting system etc...
The last I want to see is the reputation of the academy getting soiled by incompetent instructors that think big *cough*formerartyinstructor*cough*.

Back to top Go down

Post  HowTheStoryEnds Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:33 pm

I'm game for that, I have this whole week off of work! Very Happy
HowTheStoryEnds
HowTheStoryEnds
Guide
Guide

Back to top Go down

Post  Wasp Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:44 pm

Kawashiro wrote:
If it was up to me, I would want to take candidates on a full day course (10 hours) to go through every single map, every tank, every position for every tank, camo system, vision system, destructibles, arty positions, tactics, techniques, correct angling, correct depressing, correct weakspot detection, penetration mechanics, HE penetration mechanics, HESH penetration mechanics, team techniques, compensation, tank capabilities in certain situations, viable matchups, pointless fights, distraction, spotting system etc...

I think I would not pass this test if you have that high expectations Very Happy
But I hope you still let me help out from time to time Wink
Wasp
Wasp
DEP. COMMANDER
DEP. COMMANDER

Back to top Go down

Post  drogo Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:35 am

As virtually everyone has said, I play mainly for fun and this game is sooooo addictive! Even after an emoragequit I find myself clicking back on the wot icon or checking out vids on youtube. Infact since I started playing wot just after xmas I have only played 2 other games and I count the hours spent on them on one hand!

Currently my immediate goals are to get the down the Russian heavy line to the IS3 and KV4 (I have the tier 6 tanks now just need to start the grind), progress to tier 8 td's (unlocked the ferdi and jagdpanther II but not decided which route to go yet) and find a fast medium line that I like (which I might have done with the 8.5 patch, the leopard looks ace).

While not that important I would really like to move from 7th to 5th in SGTA performace rating on noobmeter but thats just ego thing Smile

I have had experience in commanding pvp in eve online and I often lead platoon combat with badgene so maybe in the future I would like to try my hand at commanding a tc but I think thats way down the line!

I am starting my annual travels in a few weeks so I may not be around as much depending on whether I can get fast enough internet but I think wot is pretty light on the required connection so I should be ok for weekends and evenings.

drogo

Back to top Go down

Post  we_just_dinged_em Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:00 am

Kawashiro wrote:Meh... influx of instructor candidates...
I'd really want quality assurance... they don't need to be superb players, but they need to have the KNOWLEDGE down, that's the minimum.
The last I want to see is the reputation of the academy getting soiled by incompetent instructors that think big *cough*formerartyinstructor*cough*.

...and the academy instructor staff would just consist of you Kawa!

Like it or not, most people don't take this game too seriously...Smile
we_just_dinged_em
we_just_dinged_em

http://www.noobmeter.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sgt_Kelly Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:18 am

I don't really know where I'm going with this game. I have no particular goal in terms of tanks that I want to reach.

I'm just slowly progressing through the tiers sampling from all the various options available. I try to manage a record that's at least presentable on every tank I play before moving on from it. In some cases that means sticking with it for a looooong time.

If I have any goals I guess that would be it : to enjoy the full experience that WoT has to offer. I'm not sure I'll be able to hack it in the higher tiers, I keep putting off buying that first tier VI tank... Then again I've already done better at this game then I ever thought possible, never having played MMOs or first person shooters. I still die many, many, many an avoidable death but I do have the odd moment where I manage to do something right so as long as there are traces of improvement I'll plod onwards.
Sgt_Kelly
Sgt_Kelly

Back to top Go down

Post  Vallu01 Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:34 am

Leopard 1.
Vallu01
Vallu01
ADMIN
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post  b35ty Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:27 am

Vallu01 wrote:Leopard 1.

Same, but it will take me forever to hit the lofty heights of tier X Sad
b35ty
b35ty

Back to top Go down

Post  Daeworn Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:22 pm

T-54 (edit= done, thank to event for su-8 money maker)... except this, having fun is main reason, why I play any game. To have fun in MMO, you need to feel you are good or at least a bit above average to be capable to beat some of other players in game. For that I joined academy, to learn how beat others on battlefield.

Last edited by Daeworn on Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:01 am; edited 1 time in total

Daeworn

Back to top Go down

Post  Shufuni Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:20 pm

To understand and master higher tier tank play whilst helping those with less experience wherever/whenever I can.
Shufuni
Shufuni

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down