SGTA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Chatbox
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» The AFK thread
by Tecuani Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:15 am

» Basic - Camouflage and spotting - 26th of November - 19:30UTC
by ZerONRNS Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:42 am

» SGTA is moving!
by Vallu01 Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:57 am

» Trying to understand the T-34...
by Vallu01 Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:53 am

» Hello from Prometheus
by Pendergast Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:15 am

» Repeat of peek-a-boo lesson?
by JosefSvejk Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:57 pm

» M46 Patton, wat to do .vs TD division
by Rajahz Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:46 am

» T-44 Patrol Duty
by Wen90 Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:45 am

» Peek a boo lesson
by Madhias Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:51 am

Hi from Forsworn, or yet another introduction

+9
Vallu01
BehemothNL
flash64
Sgt_Kelly
Etairos
Skeith00
SteelToedSneakers
Ding760
Forsworn
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Hi from Forsworn, or yet another introduction Empty Hi from Forsworn, or yet another introduction

Post  Forsworn Wed May 15, 2013 6:36 am

Hello guys, big thanks for accepting me! Few words about me.

Name's Kate, 18 years old. Live in Moldova, but my native language is Russian. I haven't spoken English much, though I use it in my everyday life in Internet more than Russian- so I may have terrible accent Twisted Evil Add to this the fact that I am kind of shy and can't say I like my voice and you are already sorry for sending me an invitation you get one of those rare people who don't speak much and prefer to listen. I promise to speak when necessary though, don't you worry! lol!

I played WoT before on russian servers, even grinded my way through M3Lee cheers and had Pershing. But then I forgot my password and decided to go to eu as I always wanted to. Now I understand that back then I was truly suicidal med and I need to start thinking, so... here I am, self-proclaimed noob wanting to learn.
Hope we'll get along!
Forsworn
Forsworn

Back to top Go down

Hi from Forsworn, or yet another introduction Empty Re: Hi from Forsworn, or yet another introduction

Post  Ding760 Wed May 15, 2013 6:49 am

Ah don't worry, we have quite a few people here who are rather silent. As long as you can listen and follow what's being said in class, TC, detc then there's no problem. Besides, there's always text chat in-game.

You said you lost your password when you grinded to the M3 Lee? Oh god...I feel like I just watched someone win the lottery there... you have no idea what horrible nightmares you've just dodged D:

Anyways, welcome to SGTA! I'm sure we'll get along fantastically! Very Happy

P.S: There will be much need for Russian translation while you're here *hides*
Ding760
Ding760

Back to top Go down

Hi from Forsworn, or yet another introduction Empty Re: Hi from Forsworn, or yet another introduction

Post  Forsworn Wed May 15, 2013 7:08 am

Unfortunately, I played through M3Lee Sad , bought Pershing and then forgot my password, so I understand what you are talking about too well... I wish I lost pass before M3Lee. What's really terrible is that now I want Sherman and then Pershing again, so I'm going to buy that monster and go through all of it again No Poor me:(
Haha, but isn't english a must have here? Why would there be need in translations?
Forsworn
Forsworn

Back to top Go down

Post  Ding760 Wed May 15, 2013 7:12 am

Lol!!! Poor you indeed XD

Lol no I mean I might need help translating stuff from Russian to English...because I can't read Russian Sad
Ding760
Ding760

Back to top Go down

Post  Forsworn Wed May 15, 2013 7:20 am

Oh! I'd be glad to help)
Forsworn
Forsworn

Back to top Go down

Post  SteelToedSneakers Wed May 15, 2013 9:26 am

Hi there Forsworn!

Forsworn wrote:Add to this the fact that I am kind of shy and can't say I like my voice and you are already sorry for sending me an invitation you get one of those rare people who don't speak much and prefer to listen. I promise to speak when necessary though, don't you worry!

This was me just a few months ago! (Yeah, hard to believe for those who have tooned with me, I know...) I have played WoW for years with TS, but without saying anything, because I was worried about my accent, my command of the English language, and if my voice sounded weird. (As I said, believe it or not! I know some of you guys thought I was from England (Or even from south of the Mason-Dixie line, as I turn into a right redneck when royally pissed...) when you first heard me on TS, but I actually was really worried before I started chatting on TS!)

It's not dangerous, the microphone will not bite you, and there are others here with accents that makes it hard to understand interesting to chat with them. What a Face
SteelToedSneakers
SteelToedSneakers

http://www.kittelsaa.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ding760 Wed May 15, 2013 9:28 am

SteelToedSneakers wrote:
It's not dangerous, the microphone will not bite you, and there are others here with accents that makes it hard to understand interesting to chat with them. What a Face

For example! How many Chinese people do you know who can speak English with an Irish accent and sound like a guy with British humour?

None? Well too bad... you know one now! Very Happy
Ding760
Ding760

Back to top Go down

Post  Forsworn Wed May 15, 2013 1:48 pm

Hey SteelToedSneakers, thanks for encouraging words) Btw, how did you overcome it if that had lasted for years?
You know, I haven't spoken english with anyone at all (well except english teacher at school, but those were simple phrases so it doesn't count:)
Two years ago i couldn't understand what they are talking about in cartoons without subtitles, lol. Now I can understand 99 (ok, ok, 90) % of Vallu01 youtube videos Laughing But speaking? Embarassed
I think my accent is like something between russian, american and british. And god knows what more Suspect
About voice- I listened to a bit of you guys on TS3 and then compared it to my microphone test... I think I'll pass, at least for now Cool

Ding760, you are really from China?
Don't know how Irish accent sounds, want to hear bounce !
Forsworn
Forsworn

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeith00 Wed May 15, 2013 6:26 pm

Ding760 wrote:because I can't read Russian Sad
Don't worry, I can read... but I don't understand (unless 5% word which are simillar for all slavic languages). We will manage somehow Laughing
Skeith00
Skeith00

Back to top Go down

Post  Ding760 Wed May 15, 2013 7:55 pm

Yeah I'm Chinese living in Ireland at the moment.
Ding760
Ding760

Back to top Go down

Post  Etairos Wed May 15, 2013 8:11 pm

FFS!!!!!!! i had the same problem with passwords.I stopped playing a game ofr a while and when i wanted to return i could not remember the password.This is how i lost my first steam account ( i had dow 2 ) :'(
Etairos
Etairos

Back to top Go down

Post  SteelToedSneakers Wed May 15, 2013 9:12 pm

Forsworn wrote:how did you overcome it if that had lasted for years?
Basically, I just started chatting, as it's faster than typing, and you can shoot while doing it Wink
SteelToedSneakers
SteelToedSneakers

Back to top Go down

Post  Sgt_Kelly Wed May 15, 2013 9:32 pm

Steeltoed ??? Shy ????

Hi from Forsworn, or yet another introduction ROFL2
Sgt_Kelly
Sgt_Kelly

Back to top Go down

Post  SteelToedSneakers Thu May 16, 2013 12:29 am

Sgt_Kelly wrote:Steeltoed ??? Shy ????

I've had to work with it, but I used to be really shy. These days, I don't give a damn, and it's liberating!
SteelToedSneakers
SteelToedSneakers

Back to top Go down

Post  flash64 Thu May 16, 2013 3:15 am

I would not worry about accents at all. I sound like a Bond villain or Euro Dracula. Smile
flash64
flash64

Back to top Go down

Post  BehemothNL Thu May 16, 2013 3:30 am

Forsworn wrote: Now I can understand 99 (ok, ok, 90) % of Vallu01 youtube videos Laughing
I think my accent is like something between russian, american and british. And god knows what more Suspect

You listen to Vallu on youTube? Well, let's say he's got one hell of an accent!
For myself, when I ramble on it seems to sound alot like Austin Power's Goldmember Embarassed
Ah well, you don't have to talk during a TC only follow orders. And most likely die following those orders....
BehemothNL
BehemothNL
INSTRUCTOR
INSTRUCTOR

https://www.youtube.com/user/sNiPeReLiTeNL

Back to top Go down

Post  Vallu01 Thu May 16, 2013 3:45 am

BehemothNL wrote:
Forsworn wrote: Now I can understand 99 (ok, ok, 90) % of Vallu01 youtube videos Laughing

You listen to Vallu on youTube? Well, let's say he's got one hell of an accent!
For myself, when I ramble on it seems to sound alot like Austin Power's Goldmember Embarassed
Ah well, you don't have to talk during a TC only follow orders. And most likely die following those orders....

About a year ago I hadn't spoken English outside of English classes and random phrases with friends. And now I can make videos with 90% understandable English Very Happy Biggest difference really is that I don't have to think so much about what I'm gonna say anymore, resulting in a lot less "ummms" between every word. Pronunciation is still shit though, but have learnt to understand (or ignore) my weird accent. Or in case of Sapaki laugh every time I say "hull".

My point is, join TS and you'll get the hang of it. I've learnt my English from TV shows/internet/TS myself Wink

Vallu01
Vallu01
ADMIN
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post  BehemothNL Thu May 16, 2013 3:47 am

Vallu, your accent is amazing and you should never ever change it!
BehemothNL
BehemothNL
INSTRUCTOR
INSTRUCTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Vallu01 Thu May 16, 2013 4:03 am

BehemothNL wrote:Vallu, your accent is amazing and you should never ever change it!

I couldn't even if I wanted Laughing
Vallu01
Vallu01
ADMIN
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post  Forsworn Thu May 16, 2013 8:15 am

I agree with Behemoth, your accent is actually nice)
Maybe I'll try to say few words lol! in the next junior TC (each Wednesday, is it?)
Hey, am I the only girl here? There must be more, right? *hides*
Forsworn
Forsworn

Back to top Go down

Post  BehemothNL Thu May 16, 2013 8:30 am

You only play the Junior TC's?

The experimantal Medium TC's of Ding are where the party's at!

And I think you're the only girl here Twisted Evil
BehemothNL
BehemothNL
INSTRUCTOR
INSTRUCTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Forsworn Thu May 16, 2013 8:33 am

I heard about Ding's tc's. But they are randomly organised, aren't they? Can't wait to try bounce
Oh, but I would need higher tier...

pale
Forsworn
Forsworn

Back to top Go down

Post  BehemothNL Thu May 16, 2013 8:38 am

Yes that would be the main problem.
Just saw your garage, Hetzer as the highest tiered. It's going to be a while for when you could join.
Or you're amazing ad can grind to a tier6 in 2 days, then it would be awesome to join!!

Anyways, I'll see ya in-game sometime. When I finally have enough time to do so!
BehemothNL
BehemothNL
INSTRUCTOR
INSTRUCTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Forsworn Thu May 16, 2013 8:51 am

I almost got StuG III, I think today I will be the happy owner of tier 5 td Smile
Sure Cool
Forsworn
Forsworn

Back to top Go down

Post  Ding760 Thu May 16, 2013 8:52 am

Forsworn wrote:I heard about Ding's tc's. But they are randomly organised, aren't they? Can't wait to try bounce
Oh, but I would need higher tier...

pale

Don't worry....there is always the 'scout' role. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

There is a reason for the evil heads Twisted Evil

Also at the moment you are the only girl here I'm afraid. But I've been busy browsing the WoT forums looking for another girl buddy for you Razz
Ding760
Ding760

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next