SGTA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Chatbox
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» The AFK thread
by Tecuani Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:15 am

» Basic - Camouflage and spotting - 26th of November - 19:30UTC
by ZerONRNS Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:42 am

» SGTA is moving!
by Vallu01 Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:57 am

» Trying to understand the T-34...
by Vallu01 Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:53 am

» Hello from Prometheus
by Pendergast Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:15 am

» Repeat of peek-a-boo lesson?
by JosefSvejk Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:57 pm

» M46 Patton, wat to do .vs TD division
by Rajahz Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:46 am

» T-44 Patrol Duty
by Wen90 Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:45 am

» Peek a boo lesson
by Madhias Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:51 am

Code of Conduct Reminder

+7
Lemmingtrain
Rancidpunk
Shufuni
we_just_dinged_em
RoninRage
Skeith00
Ding760
11 posters

Go down

Code of Conduct Reminder Empty Code of Conduct Reminder

Post  Ding760 Wed May 15, 2013 7:00 am

Hey guys!

I just wanted to remind everyone that upon enrollment to SGTA you agreed to the rule that you shall have respect for ALL players. Recently I've received a few messages of complaints from random players on WoT complaining about a few people who has been seen cursing/swearing/insulting/mocking like a sailor.

While I understand (and believe me I DO understand) the temptation to swear and blame the team, I am unfortunately going to have to insist everyone be more careful about their conduct during matches. As a member of SGTA, you are treated all equally by the academy and in return we would appreciate if you may represent the academy in a good light. Believe me when I say the academy is IMMENSELY proud to have every single one of you, and hopefully you may return the favour in a small way by just re-thinking before raging against players. As the reputation of the academy is directly placed upon every one of you. Just holding your tongue can be a huge indication you are by far a better clam-minded player than most of the playerbase.

One thing I would like to remind people particularly of is that publicly mocking or insulting and ESPECIALLY racism against other players will not be accepted or entertained. You may talk amongst yourselves in platoon chat or complain on SGTA chat if you wish about the bad teams/players but I really do not want to receive any more messages calling for me to boot X member for insult and provocation. Thus far I have negotiated with these random players and promised them I will address this issue, which I am doing now. As far as I am concerned, if you are not a negative influence on the playerbase, then it's all good. Cursing and swearing about bad players within our own modes of communication is acceptable although I still prefer if that's avoided.

I am well aware SGTA is actually a very 'civilized' clan as it is. But remember, everyone here learning SHOULD show humility as technically it is hypocritical to call others noobs if you've joined SGTA. I will excuse minor offences but I hope not to receive any more messages due to this reason.

Thank you for your understanding everyone! I just want to really affirm our principles... as our respect should be an aspect of what makes this academy top class!

We are not just better players... we are a better team in SGTA!

Edit: Just so you know for information sakes. I saw a replay of a guy complaining on the forums about how a dude insulted him. I watched it and a member was seen cursing like a madman. So believe me, bad reputation travels a hell of a lot faster than good reputation. I then apologized to the guy personally and convinced him to take the replay off the forums which he kindly agreed to in order to save face for the member responsible. But do please try to avoid me doing that again. It is very unpleasant Sad
Ding760
Ding760

Back to top Go down

Code of Conduct Reminder Empty Re: Code of Conduct Reminder

Post  Skeith00 Wed May 15, 2013 6:38 pm

As I mentioned in other topic just minutes ago, there's one basic rule:
wrote:Not touching "Enter" key is the key to have fun and half way to not rage in random games Smile
If I'm complaining, I try to do it in constructive and teaching way. Propably they're no even reading it, because they are dead and went back to garage instantly, but I'm trying anyway Razz

I just got the idea how you can punish this guilty one: Force him to be a scout in your experimental TC for entire evening. This should teach him to not do such things again Laughing
Skeith00
Skeith00

Back to top Go down

Post  Ding760 Wed May 15, 2013 7:57 pm

LOL nah, that punishment would be too much for any man to bear Very Happy
Ding760
Ding760

Back to top Go down

Post  RoninRage Wed May 15, 2013 8:49 pm

No I don't agree with that.
Doing Scouting in your TC's for my is a way to learn scouting the hard way. I like that i started WoT grinding the British Medium Line which i think is also one of the hardways. Because if it is easy it has no worth doing it.... Maybe I am a WoT Masochist Rolling Eyes

Greets
Ronin
RoninRage
RoninRage
Guide
Guide

Back to top Go down

Post  Ding760 Wed May 15, 2013 9:18 pm

Well scouting for my TCs is probably as hard as scouting is going to get for a player. I cannot think of any reasonable scenario which would be even harder than the tasks I put my scouts to. Hence I do agree with Ronin on this one.
Ding760
Ding760

Back to top Go down

Post  we_just_dinged_em Wed May 15, 2013 9:39 pm

I've been guilty as anyone in the past for raging in chat, but these days I rage in platoon chat, it's soo much easier and more cathartic and doesnt upset anyone (apart from maybe your platoon mates!!).

I don't want to be chatbanned as it makes you a burden on the team, plus I'm actutely aware that my clan commander may get a message about me, which definitely isn't good.
we_just_dinged_em
we_just_dinged_em

http://www.noobmeter.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Shufuni Wed May 15, 2013 11:19 pm

If it was me, I apologise, if it wasn't me I apologise in advance because sometimes, just sometimes................. silent
Shufuni
Shufuni

Back to top Go down

Post  Rancidpunk Wed May 15, 2013 11:50 pm

I think we all know it was me!

(If it was that twat in the premium TD I make no apologies, he shouldn't be such an arrogant prick when I gave him a bit of friendly advice about using the new terrain and proceed to stay sat in the open and die stupidly just because it might look as if he was obeying orders from a noob like me.)

Got to be honest, I only re-enabled chat when I came to SGTA, I already knew I was sailing close to the wind after a few quick conversations with the moderators, it was only me quoting one of the developers saying they knew they had to do something about the "retards" that got me off the last threatened ban for calling somebody a ****ing retard! Cool

Anyway, I'm not actually grinding anything at all now on my rancidpunk account so I'll only be using that one for SGTA classes and TC's from now so there won't be any more complaints, I'll just have to remember to re-enable chat which is getting swiftly disabled again now!

See you for the class tomorrow at 1900!

Rancidpunk
Rancidpunk
INSTRUCTOR
INSTRUCTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Lemmingtrain Thu May 16, 2013 12:05 am

So was this a cryptic clue from Ding:

"been seen cursing/swearing/insulting/mocking like a sailor" Very Happy
Lemmingtrain
Lemmingtrain

Back to top Go down

Post  Ding760 Thu May 16, 2013 1:30 am

Lemmingtrain wrote:So was this a cryptic clue from Ding:

"been seen cursing/swearing/insulting/mocking like a sailor" Very Happy

Too much into it... sailor was chosen because I originally wanted to write 'swearing like a sailor', but then decided to expand it to what it actually represented.
Ding760
Ding760

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey2k Thu May 16, 2013 4:18 am

I've been trying out a no-chat mod and it helps immensely at ignoring all the bull at the beginning of games and the raging during. It also helps that I am unable to communicate sometimes as my own chat is disabled not just theirs.

It has had a great effect on my blood pressure.

Grey2k

Back to top Go down

Post  Khul Mon May 27, 2013 9:41 pm

Aw jeez, shucks, pants, feck & other meta-syntactic variables!

As Paul (Shufuni) said, if it was me, sorry, if it wasn't sorry in advance 'cos it probably could've been.

Apologies.

PS: Must remember my meta-syntactic variables...
Khul
Khul

Back to top Go down

Post  AndyScouser Tue May 28, 2013 7:36 pm

Grey2k wrote:I've been trying out a no-chat mod and it helps immensely at ignoring all the bull at the beginning of games and the raging during. It also helps that I am unable to communicate sometimes as my own chat is disabled not just theirs.

It has had a great effect on my blood pressure.

Tell me more please as i too wouldnt mind this.
AndyScouser
AndyScouser

Back to top Go down

Post  Arnold_Judas_Rimmer Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:54 am

I receive abuse in game and in garage daily. some of it is about as bad as it can get. In most cases I respond with silence of some humorous remark. I am only human though and on occasion I do put these kids to bed.
Arnold_Judas_Rimmer
Arnold_Judas_Rimmer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down