SGTA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Chatbox
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» The AFK thread
by Tecuani Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:15 am

» Basic - Camouflage and spotting - 26th of November - 19:30UTC
by ZerONRNS Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:42 am

» SGTA is moving!
by Vallu01 Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:57 am

» Trying to understand the T-34...
by Vallu01 Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:53 am

» Hello from Prometheus
by Pendergast Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:15 am

» Repeat of peek-a-boo lesson?
by JosefSvejk Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:57 pm

» M46 Patton, wat to do .vs TD division
by Rajahz Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:46 am

» T-44 Patrol Duty
by Wen90 Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:45 am

» Peek a boo lesson
by Madhias Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:51 am

Goodbye and thanks for all of the fish

+6
Inorien
we_just_dinged_em
SteelToedSneakers
lophius
Rancidpunk
AndyScouser
10 posters

Go down

Goodbye and thanks for all of the fish Empty Goodbye and thanks for all of the fish

Post  AndyScouser Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:29 pm

Time to let others learn from SGTA.  I've come to the conclusion I'm just shit at this game, no matter what I learn I haven't the skill to put it into practice, so hopefully freeing up my space will allow somebody with more talent to shine. 

Thanks very much to those that have taught me the way and I wish you good luck, and lots of fun.

Thanks very much

Andy
AndyScouser
AndyScouser

Back to top Go down

Goodbye and thanks for all of the fish Empty Re: Goodbye and thanks for all of the fish

Post  Rancidpunk Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:00 pm

It's your choice Andy but I think you're being a bit hard on yourself! Took me 10k + games before I even found my stats and another 10k to get them better so.....
Rancidpunk
Rancidpunk
INSTRUCTOR
INSTRUCTOR

Back to top Go down

Goodbye and thanks for all of the fish Empty Re: Goodbye and thanks for all of the fish

Post  lophius Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:03 pm

I agree with Rancid, altough I am not a good player, I have made some platoons with you and by my point of view you are playing good.

I will tell not to give up, this is only a game and we all play (at least me) for having fun. Sometimes I get killed with 20 sec...well that's life Very Happy

Cheers. And maybe you could reconsider it.

(I have to appologize for my English)
lophius
lophius

Back to top Go down

Post  SteelToedSneakers Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:41 pm

As the others said, you're too hard on yourself, because you aren't a bad player! Believe me, I've seen bad players! You're not one of them!

I think one of your "problems" is the same "problem" that I often face: We're to aggressive/at the wrong place and time. I have noticed that we (both of us) often find ourselves in situations where we're outgunned, outmaneuvered, and/or stuck in a situation with no way to survive. This might be aggression, it might be "badness", or it might be unlucky circumstances.

We both do well in TC's and CW, because we actually listen to the FC, and do what we're told! Thus, you're not a bad player! Nor am I!

I actually like tooning with you Andy, and will continue to do so in the future, because you're a part of the SGTA family, no matter what clan tag you've got. My advice: Instead of pulling away from SGTA, ask the instructors for some 1-1 training, and then toon with them so they can see what you do good, and what you need to improve. The moment you crack the code of how to play your tanks, you'll notice that your efficiency and winrate will go up like mad!
SteelToedSneakers
SteelToedSneakers

http://www.kittelsaa.com

Back to top Go down

Post  we_just_dinged_em Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:08 pm

Agreed, your not bad at this game, merely having the will to improve puts you about 95% of the WOT player base.

Stick in SGTA, attend the classes and platoon whenever possible, eventually your stats will go up and you'll start to have fun. You couldn't be in a better clan than SGTA to improve your gameplay, I genuinely believe that.

I still believe there are days when this game hates me, other days where I am god and can wn anyone or anything, it's just the way it goes Smile

Good luck whatever you decide.
we_just_dinged_em
we_just_dinged_em

http://www.noobmeter.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Inorien Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:12 pm

This game is very unforgiving, and studies have found that we as humans seek out bad news first. What I've come to interpret this as, say you play 20 games in a day and win 15 of them, those 5 losses are going to weigh on you a lot more than the 15 wins would.

I often blame myself if the team loses and I died at some earlier point. I always say to myself that if I was a better player, I could have carried the game. I ain't gonna get better without practice Very Happy Every time I check my stats after a play session, despite feeling like most of my games were lost, I actually end up with a >50% WR.

I havent played with you much, but what I can tell you is true across all WoT players who seek to improve is this: You're always a better player than you think you are.

Stick with SGTA and it'll raise your confidence in your own play, as well as your skill level, which in turn raises your confidence, etc. PLEASE STAY ANDY OH GOD
Inorien
Inorien

Back to top Go down

Post  Etairos Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:22 pm

There is no such a thing as skill in a video game,it is not football or hockey it is a damn virtual rhing and in video games you need 3 things,knowlegde,ability to read the mini map if provided and be calm.Try to practice the things they taught you here in randoms you will fail alot people will call you noob no doubt but you will master them you will know when and how to do sidescraping eg.I was a fucking noob 4 months i had worse stats than yours but i tried and now i play considerably better, DO NOT give up when you face difficulties ,if humans gave up everytime we face difficulties then we would wear animal furs( not that we are better we remain damn sheeps but at least we have 16core opterons)
Etairos
Etairos

Back to top Go down

Post  Daeworn Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:41 pm

"You never see bad days in photo album, but those are days which get you from one happy snap shot to another".

First of all, this is a game and you should have good feeling from playing it. If the good feeling comes from being better, there are not many clans which actively work on making their members better. Secondly, you can influence only 10% of team performance (you), even if you are good and you platoon with other 2 good teammates, you still can be screwed by the rest 12 who just went ridiculously bad (funny is, most my doubles I made in games I am the bad and lose those, when I am great). So don’t judge much by win/los events. Thirdly stats are only numbers and usually matters for those who know how to make them look like good and there is nothing sweetest, than making these guys (girls) look like fools, when you find out, how really "good" they are.

Daeworn

Back to top Go down

Post  Ding760 Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:41 am

Have to agree you're being a tad hard on yourself Smile
Ding760
Ding760

Back to top Go down

Post  AndyScouser Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:27 pm

Hi, yep maybe a tad hard, it does get very frustrating playing this game, and I do try and get to a good level at any thing I do in work, rest and play which doesn't really help in the matter.
Steel, i've never done a 1-1 platoon with tuition in mind, sounds a damned good idea.
Any how, many thanks again and I hope to catch you on the Academy HQ channel from time to time for a platoon and a giggle.
AndyScouser
AndyScouser

Back to top Go down

Post  lostplace Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:14 am

Rancidpunk wrote:Took me 10k + games before I even found my stats and another 10k to get them better so.....

Same with me. Took me a considerable amount of games to notice at all that this 46% was my personal win rate. Embarassed Although having constantly improved after this point, I have to admit that from this point the game never was as relaxing to play for me as in the first days. Accepting defeats and enjoy inspite of results seems to be a difficult though important thing to learn in the game. Perhaps even a general lesson, not only one of WoT.

lostplace

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down