SGTA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Chatbox
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» The AFK thread
by Tecuani Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:15 am

» Basic - Camouflage and spotting - 26th of November - 19:30UTC
by ZerONRNS Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:42 am

» SGTA is moving!
by Vallu01 Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:57 am

» Trying to understand the T-34...
by Vallu01 Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:53 am

» Hello from Prometheus
by Pendergast Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:15 am

» Repeat of peek-a-boo lesson?
by JosefSvejk Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:57 pm

» M46 Patton, wat to do .vs TD division
by Rajahz Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:46 am

» T-44 Patrol Duty
by Wen90 Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:45 am

» Peek a boo lesson
by Madhias Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:51 am

Greetings fellow tankers!

+3
glooscap
SteelToedSneakers
MadFelineHoarder
7 posters

Go down

Greetings fellow tankers! Empty Greetings fellow tankers!

Post  MadFelineHoarder Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:03 am

Not a complete newbie, but rather an bad/average player with a lot to learn. I had a previous account that I rage quit because I was so dissatisfied with my own performance (CrazyCatLady).

I thought that I should start playing again and this time learn how to play. I hope to be accepted into the academy so that I can improve my gameplay.

I played about 2000 battles with the old account, rushing through the first tiers, only to hit, what seemed at the time, an insurmountable wall called "lack of skill". I hope to at least improve so much that I can live with myself and enjoy what is a great and fun game.

Tanks that I loved to play before: ELC AMX (you just gotta love this little guy!), Churchill I (slow and British seem to work with my play style), and StuGIII. I started to learn how to play M4Sherman, so I want to go try it again. I also want to try some more tanks from the French tech tree, since I've loved the ones I learned to play decently. Me and the Russian tanks were no good friends though, let's see if I can perform better with them this time around. It's the same with the German tanks for some reason, I just can't play them well and this is the tree with the most interesting tanks (a.k.a. tanks that even an ignorant person like me, has heard of). The ones I did reasonably well with were Luchs and Pz.Kpfw. III, the others I sucked at playing. Razz

If anyone wants to platoon with me, just let me know. I only have tier I tanks at the moment though, and I'll play these until I get tired of them (I'm trying to elite them all at the moment). I only know English and Swedish though, just so you know (and I speak with a heavy Swedish accent too).
MadFelineHoarder
MadFelineHoarder

Back to top Go down

Greetings fellow tankers! Empty Re: Greetings fellow tankers!

Post  SteelToedSneakers Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:04 am

I have my Loltractor and the T1 Cunningham so I can toon with you. I do have to warn you though: I'm not going to toon at tier 1 a lot, so it will be up to 10 battles before I go higher. Still, I think tier 1 can be fun at times, as it is completely different from the tiers I normally play (tier 6 to 8 ), so if you're lucky I'll forget I set a 10 battle limit Wink

I speak Norwegian, English and some German, so I guess we'll be able to understand each other. (Btw, where in Sweden do you live? I might've been there...)
SteelToedSneakers
SteelToedSneakers

http://www.kittelsaa.com

Back to top Go down

Post  glooscap Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:21 am

Welcome aboard. Only been here a short while but there is loads of good info at hand and plenty of people willing to give guidance.
I haven't got any Tier 1's but have plenty of Tier 2's so give me a shout if you ever fancy a platoon.

Greetings fellow tankers! Just-add-crazy-lady
glooscap
glooscap

Back to top Go down

Post  RoninRage Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:26 am

Hi!

Thanks for the nice and in my opinion quite successful platooning this evening i hope also STS enjoyed it running around in tier 1s. If you are ever in the mood for a low tier platoon just ask for one in the academy hq channel. I think due to the latest clan wars action many of us have tier 1 - 5 tanks in their garage and the run to 1 - 1,5k battles is easier with some support Wink

Greetz
Ronin
RoninRage
RoninRage
Guide
Guide

Back to top Go down

Post  SteelToedSneakers Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:34 am

Yeah, I had a blast! Both playing and chatting with you! Let's do it again sometime!
SteelToedSneakers
SteelToedSneakers

http://www.kittelsaa.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MadFelineHoarder Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:58 pm

Thanks for the welcome guys, and yes, yesterday was FUN! I would love to platoon more with you. I played with my best friend afterwards and an in-game friend of hers, and the difference... It was obvious yesterday that you guys are on a different level than I, but I'll work hard to amend that. Smile

I will work on moving up in the tiers so that I can be added to the waiting list. This means I will be able to platoon with tier II now as well (impressive, most impressive).

STS: I'm residing in Värmland, pretty close to Norway in other words. ^^
MadFelineHoarder
MadFelineHoarder

Back to top Go down

Post  Shufuni Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:18 pm

I love cats, got a white one called Sooty.........Smile
Shufuni
Shufuni

Back to top Go down

Post  Boos B Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:37 pm

Well, I am always up for platoons with SGTA applicants, students, instructors and/or graduates. Hope you like it and join the trainings Smile
Boos B
Boos B
INSTRUCTOR
INSTRUCTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  MadFelineHoarder Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:55 am

Shufuni wrote:I love cats, got a white one called Sooty.........Smile
A white cat named Sooty...  

Same here, but I'm a bit of a failure on "hoarder" part since I've only got two of them. On the other hand, I do have about 80 orchids though, so I'm a hoarder, but not a cat one. XD The cats, Prillan and Pelle, manage to be very distracting when I'm trying to play though (causing blue screen of death is their specialty) by wanting my attention all the time, or sleeping on my arms while I'm playing. Laughing

Boos B wrote:Well, I am always up for platoons with SGTA applicants, students, instructors and/or graduates. Hope you like it and join the trainings Smile
I hope I'll like it too and I'm really looking forward to when I have enough battles to apply again. I've soon got 300 so I have a bit more to go. Smile I'm going to start grinding the tier 3:s now though I think.

And the few matches where I've platooned with people from the clan, has already helped me improve my gameplay. Oh, and I just read BehemothNL's introduction about playing clever and aggressive; it's the clever part I'm trying on work on now, so no super fast tanks for me for a while! Smile

I can't join the trainings until I'm a student, right?
MadFelineHoarder
MadFelineHoarder

Back to top Go down

Post  Ding760 Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:09 am

MadFelineHoarder wrote:

I can't join the trainings until I'm a student, right?

You can join in trainings once you are on the waiting list.
Ding760
Ding760

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down