SGTA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Chatbox
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» The AFK thread
by Tecuani Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:15 am

» Basic - Camouflage and spotting - 26th of November - 19:30UTC
by ZerONRNS Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:42 am

» SGTA is moving!
by Vallu01 Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:57 am

» Trying to understand the T-34...
by Vallu01 Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:53 am

» Hello from Prometheus
by Pendergast Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:15 am

» Repeat of peek-a-boo lesson?
by JosefSvejk Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:57 pm

» M46 Patton, wat to do .vs TD division
by Rajahz Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:46 am

» T-44 Patrol Duty
by Wen90 Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:45 am

» Peek a boo lesson
by Madhias Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:51 am

A good game for me

4 posters

Go down

A good game for me  Empty A good game for me

Post  MadFelineHoarder Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:13 am

I got Ace Tanker with my Pz. Kpfw. 1 yesterday on Himmelsdorf. Not much, you guys might think, but for me it was a big deal. I've discovered that I like the German tanks better now since starting to play again, and particularly this little guy on Himmelsdorf. For some reason, I usually do pretty good with it (my WR is crap, but I usually perform well) and especially on Himmelsdorf, so this little guy has thought me to appreciate this map more, and the Pz. Kpfw. 35(t), which I hated when I played it before.

Here's the replay: http://wotreplays.com/site/232445#himmelsdorf-madfelinehoarder-pz_kpfw_i

I noticed when looking at the replay, how much I need to improve, and how many mistakes I make. Razz  I zoom in too much at the wrong moments, take to many unnecessary hits (that arty would have blown me to kingdom come, had he hit me, and get tunnel vision one too many times (and I stand to still, need to learn how to wiggle properly). Yup, definitely lots of room for improvement.

After getting Ace Tanker, I celebrated by playing some real derp games where I dragged the team down by not doing my part properly. It seems like I think that getting this reward makes my tank invincible apparently. Wink
MadFelineHoarder
MadFelineHoarder

Back to top Go down

A good game for me  Empty Moar Ace Tankers!

Post  MadFelineHoarder Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:18 pm

Hmm... I just realized that the replay I posted yesterday, wasn't my Ace Tanker game at all. And I've deleted the correct one. Razz

Anyhow, yesterday was a good W.o.T. day for me. I got Ace Tanker with my Pz. Kpfw. 35(t), my Cruiser Mk. 1, and my Universal Carrier 2-pdr, and I raised my WR from 48% to 52%. :DThe WR will most probably plummet again, but that's all part of the learning process, or at least mine.

The game I'm the most proud of is probably the one with the Pz. Kpfw. 35(t) (I haven't decided yet). Common for all replays is that I need to learn to keep an eye on my surroundings more, and that I got extremely lucky on several occasions. If the enemy team had had a player ready to take advantage of my mistakes, I would have been shrapnel. :/

Here they are:
Pz. Kpfw. 35(t) - Mines

Cruiser Mk. 1 - Karelia

Universal Carrier 2-pdr - Mines
MadFelineHoarder
MadFelineHoarder

Back to top Go down

A good game for me  Empty Another Ace Tanker!

Post  MadFelineHoarder Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:57 am

This time with my T-60. I really like this tank, but it's no wonder since it reminds me of the Pz. Kpfw 35(t). The tanks I'm having difficulties figuring out are the H35 and the T2 Medium, I don't really know what to do with them. I've figured I probably need to be a bit more aggressive with the T2 Medium, since it's not really a sniper (I've been driving this one like the Cruiser Mk. 1), but more of a brawler (as much as there are any brawler tanks in the lower tiers). I just need to figure it out since it's not a bad tank. I just can't handle it very well yet. Smile

Here's the replay (I haven't watched it yet myself):
Ace Tanker T-60 - Mines
MadFelineHoarder
MadFelineHoarder

Back to top Go down

A good game for me  Empty Re: A good game for me

Post  Shufuni Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:23 pm

Is it me or are your replay links missing for the t-60? Would love to watch them Smile
Shufuni
Shufuni

Back to top Go down

Post  AndyScouser Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:13 pm

Getting the ACE TANKER in any tank is a great job, dont put yourself down. However, if you havent got the replay, it may never have happened Twisted Evil 
AndyScouser
AndyScouser

Back to top Go down

Post  Ding760 Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:48 am

Dude, your analysis of yourself is good. Keep this up!
Ding760
Ding760

Back to top Go down

Post  MadFelineHoarder Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:22 pm

Shufuni wrote:Is it me or are your replay links missing for the t-60? Would love to watch them Smile
Weird, it works for me? I just looked at it, and I realize that again, I took too many unnecessary hits. You need to be cautious with this tank, cause it has no gun depression what so ever, and it's quite sluggish, too.

andy_scouser wrote:Getting the ACE TANKER in any tank is a great job, dont put yourself down.  However, if you havent got the replay, it may never have happened Twisted Evil
Not putting myself down, just analyzing on what to improve if I want to become a good player. I thought I should start doing this in the lower tiers, because the mistakes I make are such that I might get away with them in lower tiers, and against average/bad players, but on higher tiers and against better players, I'll be toast. Shocked   

Ding760 wrote:Dude, your analysis of yourself is good. Keep this up!
Thanks! Very Happy   Just let me know if there is something I haven't noticed. As long as I can see what I'm doing wrong, hopefully I can correct it eventually. Next thing I need to learn; the AMX38 is NOT immortal... Razz
MadFelineHoarder
MadFelineHoarder

Back to top Go down

A good game for me  Empty I love the ugly duckling! <3

Post  MadFelineHoarder Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:20 am

So, despite my announcement on the AFK-thread, I got such a W.o.T. craving after watching Circonflexes and Quickybaby's livestreams, that I just had to play for a bit. My plan (when I feel better) is to ace most of my tier III tanks before moving on, the only one I've managed so far is the AMX 38, so I sold it and bought the AMX 40. The first games I had with it, I didn't manage to do anything (it was completely stock) and it wasn't until after I was in a tier VI game with it that I grew some balls (mighty impressive considering I'm a she I must say) and started being fairly aggressive with it.

Here are the fun and good games I had with it yesterday, and if I continue playing it like this, it's going to be a fun grind:

Fisherman's Bay, tier VI - Ugly duckling's playing with fire

Snap shot duck (I think that Type T-34 got a bit upset with me since he kept firing at me even when my team mates swarmed him)

When I watched this replay, I got so frustrated with myself for missing the oh so obvious weakspot on the M3Lee..: How to miss a weak spot

This is the best game I had in the duck yesterday (why, oh why, didn't the KV-1 just charge the T-28? I still don't get it): Chaaaaarge!

And now to something completely different...
I gave up trying to get Ace Tanker with my T-26 and got the T-46 instead. After playing the AMX 40, this one felt like Captain Speedy by comparison. This is the third game in it and it's still stock since I played so bad in the previous games that I couldn't upgrade it (okay, I could, but I don't want to waste convert experience so early in the game). I think we had some nice team play between us in the team (after a shaky start), and this what I like with randoms, because sometimes you get a couple of players that are more team oriented than usual, even if non of us were any unicums, but together we did good:

Teamplay FTW
MadFelineHoarder
MadFelineHoarder

Back to top Go down

A good game for me  Empty LTP-Ace Tanker-Top Gun-Karelia

Post  MadFelineHoarder Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:40 am

Again, I played a few games with my friend, SysterYster, and GoodJob (as we call him), despite not really having the energy or brain capacity to do so yet.

After watching this replay a couple of times, I can say I was pretty darned lucky, I didn't get blown to smithereens on at least a couple of occasions. Tunnel visioning, forgetting about arty, staying to still, missing too many shots etc. The list is too long, but I still got very happy about the Top gun and Ace Tanker, despite all my failings (the good thing about meeting an even worse enemy team). Smile

LTP, Ace Tanker, Top Gun, Karelia

About the LTP. This was my third game in it, and I think it's a good little tank. It doesn't really have any strengths, but on the other hand, it doesn't really have any weaknesses either. It's a good LearnToPlay tank if you ask me, very noob friendly.
MadFelineHoarder
MadFelineHoarder

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down