SGTA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Chatbox
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» The AFK thread
by Tecuani Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:15 am

» Basic - Camouflage and spotting - 26th of November - 19:30UTC
by ZerONRNS Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:42 am

» SGTA is moving!
by Vallu01 Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:57 am

» Trying to understand the T-34...
by Vallu01 Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:53 am

» Hello from Prometheus
by Pendergast Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:15 am

» Repeat of peek-a-boo lesson?
by JosefSvejk Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:57 pm

» M46 Patton, wat to do .vs TD division
by Rajahz Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:46 am

» T-44 Patrol Duty
by Wen90 Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:45 am

» Peek a boo lesson
by Madhias Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:51 am

which tank next??

+6
Vallu01
AndyScouser
Brainfarter
HowTheStoryEnds
blackchamber
Arnold_Judas_Rimmer
10 posters

Go down

which tank next?? Empty which tank next??

Post  Arnold_Judas_Rimmer Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:40 am

Hello. I love my KV1S. I am looking for another tank line to aim for and wonder what other tank or tanks will give me such joy.

i am torn between the VK3H01 ( which seems to be made of adamantium) and the KV2 that in the past has 1 shot killed my KV1S from 100%

So if you would care to offer opinions and advice I would appreciate it greatly.

I have watched allmost 50 videos each eve whilst ive been away ( walked 74 miles too) and ther KV2 looks the most fun whilst the VK looks the most reliable.

help meeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Arnold_Judas_Rimmer
Arnold_Judas_Rimmer

Back to top Go down

which tank next?? Empty Re: which tank next??

Post  blackchamber Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:57 am

Hi there,
if you are choosing between those 2 lines only my advice would be to go for the VK. The KV2 might look like a lot of fun in videos but its also extremly slow, extremly inaccurate and extremly unreliable. For every fun match in the KV2 you will get quiet a few not so fun matches. Also the KV2 leads to nothing except for arty(and really who wants to play arty?) and the vk gives you the chance to go for the great E50 and E50M if you want to do that.

Hope i could help, take care!

blackchamber
INSTRUCTOR
INSTRUCTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  HowTheStoryEnds Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:43 am

T-150 is pure unacknowledged OP, best tier 6 heavy IMHO
HowTheStoryEnds
HowTheStoryEnds
Guide
Guide

Back to top Go down

Post  Brainfarter Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:59 am

I have the three popular tier VI's KV1S / Hellcat / VK3601

Actually the VK is by far my most favourite tank overall. Great supporter pseudo heavy who can go head to head with all tier VI's and also has the opportunity to take on even stronger tanks.
The other day i solo'ed a TOGII - given the opponont were using his nose to steer and aim / fire I still find it an effort.

Go for the VK - I havent heard of anyone regretting it.

In my old clan we did a small competition with 3vs3 teams in a tournament. The team who won had two VK36 and one KV1S and took out the 3KV1S's in the final by the faster RoF and good use of focus-fire.

PS: For the TC's I still find it stronger to have a KV1S than the VK though.

/B
Brainfarter
Brainfarter
Lead Guide
Lead Guide

Back to top Go down

Post  AndyScouser Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:24 am

Brainfarter wrote:I have the three popular tier VI's KV1S / Hellcat / VK3601

Actually the VK is by far my most favourite tank overall. Great supporter pseudo heavy who can go head to head with all tier VI's and also has the opportunity to take on even stronger tanks.
The other day i solo'ed a TOGII - given the opponont were using his nose to steer and aim / fire I still find it an effort.

Go for the VK - I havent heard of anyone regretting it.

In my old clan we did a small competition with 3vs3 teams in a tournament. The team who won had two VK36 and one KV1S and took out the 3KV1S's in the final by the faster RoF and good use of focus-fire.

PS: For the TC's I still find it stronger to have a KV1S than the VK though.

/B

+1.  

Although, it also depends on where you eventually want to go, top heavies, mediums, td's etc.  Once you grind to your T6 dream tank, you will then want your dream T7, rinse and repeat until T10.  Think about it.

to add re KV2, since 8.6 they are much more accurate.... My nerves where shot in it though, shoot..miss....panic for 22s whilst you reload as those 2 vk3601's come storming in to t ofinish you off.
AndyScouser
AndyScouser

Back to top Go down

Post  Vallu01 Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:07 am

VK, because it leads to the Tiger, 'nuff said.

In all seriousness VK is the better tank IMO and leads to my favourite tank and tank line. KV-2 only leads to S-51 and who wants to play arty anymore? Wink
Vallu01
Vallu01
ADMIN
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post  Arnold_Judas_Rimmer Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:34 pm

thank you for the input all of you. I have decided that after I purchase my hellcat this weekend I shall pursue the german line to the vk3601h. out of interest the other tier 6 tanks on that tree..any good?
Arnold_Judas_Rimmer
Arnold_Judas_Rimmer

Back to top Go down

Post  AndyScouser Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:58 pm

ive played most of the T6 germans, compared to the vk3601 with the konisch.... meh. Saying that, the othere mediums have better mobility.
Vallu, i know you say about the tiger, but seriousley, is that a good choice, when ever i see them on the battle field, i just think 'free dmg'. Of course as a long range sniper that is different as if i see them sniping, that means the team has failed around him. I just didnt have fun driving mine, where as i had lots of fun in my T29 and IS.
AndyScouser
AndyScouser

Back to top Go down

Post  Vallu01 Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:26 am

@Andy

I only use the short 88 on the VK, because it's the "real" gun for it. I started playing it before gold ammo for credits and konisch buff came along.

I really do like the Tiger and think it is great tank (and always my favourite), but not easy to play. Sure you can sit back and tell that you're sniping, but I never liked that. You have 3 advantages the best t7 heavy tank gun, penetration, accuracy, aiming time and rof. You can take 2 shots on your enemies while they only take one (and if you play right, they miss or bounce). More hp, means you can take more hits. Boxy all around strong armour (can be count as a disadvantage, but I like to be positive). Allows you to sidescrape and angle really well, making careless enemies bounce you.

All of the above make you better against higher tiers than other t7 heavies. Although hulldown T29 is a beast against higher tiers also, but Tiger is more versatile against higher tiers.

Not to mention it's fun taking a tank that many consider being a underdog and then doing well in it.
Vallu01
Vallu01
ADMIN
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post  AndyScouser Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:47 am

Vallu01 wrote:@Andy

I only use the short 88 on the VK, because it's the "real" gun for it. I started playing it before gold ammo for credits and konisch buff came along.

I really do like the Tiger and think it is great tank (and always my favourite), but not easy to play. Sure you can sit back and tell that you're sniping, but I never liked that. You have 3 advantages the best t7 heavy tank gun, penetration, accuracy, aiming time and rof. You can take 2 shots on your enemies while they only take one (and if you play right, they miss or bounce). More hp, means you can take more hits. Boxy all around strong armour (can be count as a disadvantage, but I like to be positive). Allows you to sidescrape and angle really well, making careless enemies bounce you.

All of the above make you better against higher tiers than other t7 heavies. Although hulldown T29 is a beast against higher tiers also, but Tiger is more versatile against higher tiers.

Not to mention it's fun taking a tank that many consider being a underdog and then doing well in it.

Konisch ftw, the 88 is so last year Wink

So in more skilled hands the Tiger is very good, however in non-god's hands its not that great.... this is why WG have siad in a blog that the Tiger(H) is going to recieve a buff in 8.8 Very Happy 
AndyScouser
AndyScouser

Back to top Go down

Post  blackchamber Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:13 am

Boxy all around strong armour (can be count as a disadvantage, but I like to be positive)

And i thought it's because you are a Tiger Fanboy? scratch 

But seriously vallu the armor of the Tiger, especially considering its mobility, is really not good. One could argue that the AMX M4 has better (front)armor then the Tiger and we are talking about a french tank here!!!!!!

blackchamber
INSTRUCTOR
INSTRUCTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Vampir_Kifla Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:15 am

blackchamber wrote:
Boxy all around strong armour (can be count as a disadvantage, but I like to be positive)

But seriously vallu the armor of the Tiger, especially considering its mobility, is really not good. One could argue that the AMX M4 has better (front)armor then the Tiger and we are talking about a french tank here!!!!!!
Completely true.
Vampir_Kifla
Vampir_Kifla
INSTRUCTOR
INSTRUCTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Wasp Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:18 am

AndyScouser wrote:
Konisch ftw, the 88 is so last year Wink

Then I will stay last year forever! Twisted Evil 

The good old times when there were just 3 nations to play Very Happy
Wasp
Wasp
DEP. COMMANDER
DEP. COMMANDER

Back to top Go down

Post  Rancidpunk Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:59 am

Ahem, aren't we forgetting the Tiger killing heavy metal god of the tier 7 heavies? KV3 FTW! Very Happy 
Rancidpunk
Rancidpunk
INSTRUCTOR
INSTRUCTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  BadGene616 Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:29 am

I would say - as you asked about Tier 6 - T150 (amazing tank, best tier 6 heavy by a mile, just don't fit the derp) and then the KV3. KV3 is probably the most fun Tier 7 heavy I've played - bouncy armor and same gun as the IS... This also leads to the decent KV4...

But I like he Tiger and the VK3601 too. Small turret and konish for win on the vk3601. I kept my VK3601 and love it.

The other option is.... VK3001p, followed by Tiger P. The VK3001P is ok - it's fast, got reasonable armor, and the 75mm is an acceptable gun, if low alpha. But the Tiger P is an absolute beast.

I sold my tiger. I couldn't bring myself to sell my Tiger P

Just don't go for a 59-16 whatever you do. It's total shit.

Or what about a (proper) TD line? I'm not a big fan of any of the tier 5 TDs I've played, but the SU100 is a beast. I like the JgPzIV as well, for that matter, but it's an acquired taste.

Whatever you do - don't get a Churchill - the matilda is great but it's slow death pain from then on.

BadGene616

Back to top Go down

Post  Vallu01 Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:16 am

blackchamber wrote:

But it still has better side and rear armour than your T110E5!
Vallu01
Vallu01
ADMIN
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum