SGTA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Chatbox
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» The AFK thread
by Tecuani Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:15 am

» Basic - Camouflage and spotting - 26th of November - 19:30UTC
by ZerONRNS Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:42 am

» SGTA is moving!
by Vallu01 Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:57 am

» Trying to understand the T-34...
by Vallu01 Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:53 am

» Hello from Prometheus
by Pendergast Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:15 am

» Repeat of peek-a-boo lesson?
by JosefSvejk Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:57 pm

» M46 Patton, wat to do .vs TD division
by Rajahz Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:46 am

» T-44 Patrol Duty
by Wen90 Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:45 am

» Peek a boo lesson
by Madhias Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:51 am

I am NOT quitting the game (not anymore!) - Edit: The Whales have been saved! (read my 3rd post)

+18
Observer
PointyHairedJedi
Vampir_Kifla
glisa_dejan
antoncini
Rancidpunk
SunTZuGa
BadGene616
Brainfarter
Vallu01
Wasp
we_just_dinged_em
BehemothNL
Boos B
Shufuni
nilzatron
Ding760
Sapaki
22 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

I am NOT quitting the game (not anymore!) - Edit: The Whales have been saved! (read my 3rd post) - Page 3 Empty Re: I am NOT quitting the game (not anymore!) - Edit: The Whales have been saved! (read my 3rd post)

Post  nilzatron Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:52 am

RAM wasn't Vengeance, it is actually Dominator. To be specific:

Corsair Dominator 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1333MHz CL9 - CMP8GX3M2B1333C9
nilzatron
nilzatron
Guide
Guide

Back to top Go down

I am NOT quitting the game (not anymore!) - Edit: The Whales have been saved! (read my 3rd post) - Page 3 Empty Re: I am NOT quitting the game (not anymore!) - Edit: The Whales have been saved! (read my 3rd post)

Post  Sapaki Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:09 am

Ok now that we have all specs up, let's wait for a final confirmation for compatibility from the wizard guys.
Sapaki
Sapaki
His Royal Majesty the Admissions Officer of the Clan Himself

Back to top Go down

Post  SunTZuGa Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:03 am

Please,

check again to be sure:

1) i3 3240Pentium Dual-Core CPU E5500 @2.8 GHz

That processor is on 3.40 GHz http://ark.intel.com/products/65690, maybe it is Intel® Core™ i3-3240T Processor
(3M Cache, 2.90 GHz) http://ark.intel.com/products/66168/ ?

2. ASUS P8H61-M LX3

Is it http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/P8H61M_LX_PLUS_R20/or http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/P8H61M_LX_R20/ ?

P.S.

Or just send me a link where did you find this configuration ...
SunTZuGa
SunTZuGa

Back to top Go down

Post  antoncini Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:27 am

Sapaki,

I am following this thread with big interest as i am sure one dy i will be trying to fix a PC to run WOT better .

Grt contributions from all.

Anton
antoncini
antoncini

Back to top Go down

Post  Sapaki Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:37 am

SunTZuGa wrote:Please,

check again to be sure:

1) i3 3240Pentium Dual-Core CPU E5500 @2.8 GHz

That processor is on 3.40 GHz http://ark.intel.com/products/65690, maybe it is Intel® Core™ i3-3240T Processor
(3M Cache, 2.90 GHz) http://ark.intel.com/products/66168/ ?
This sir is a copy-paste fail from my behalf! The processor for Rig2 is the i3 3240. 

I also corrected it in the post, sorry about that!
Sapaki
Sapaki

Back to top Go down

Post  SunTZuGa Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:44 am

OK, just check this question, please.
SunTZuGa
SunTZuGa

Back to top Go down

Post  Rancidpunk Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:05 am

I can't find an i3 3240 anywhere that runs at 2.8ghz, only the 3240T but the mobo will support either.

The RAM requires 1.6v so it will work on the board but it's not going to be great if it's not getting enough voltage from the mobo and your system won't recognize it so will run as default unless you are buying the LX Plus version. The "cheaper" H61 chipset mobo's from ASUS usually need 1.5v RAM for XMP support to work but if you are confident enough to adjust the voltage yourself in bios it should be ok after a bit of tweaking. Long term that means a bit more wear on your mobo just from the extra heat but nothing too bad. Really need to know the exact model of mobo.

Your GPU will pull quite a lot of power so make sure you've got a good PSU!

Rancidpunk
Rancidpunk
INSTRUCTOR
INSTRUCTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  SunTZuGa Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:39 am

Rancidpunk wrote:

The RAM requires 1.6v so it will work on the board but it's not going to be great if it's not getting enough voltage from the mobo and your system won't recognize it so will run as default unless you are buying the LX Plus version. The "cheaper" H61 chipset mobo's from ASUS usually need 1.5v RAM for XMP support to work but if you are confident enough to adjust the voltage yourself in bios it should be ok after a bit of tweaking.

Tweaking wont be necessary because Tested Voltage: 1.6 ; SPD Voltage: 1.5. SPD or Serial presence detect is a memory hardware feature that makes it possible for the computer to know what memory is present, and what timings to use to access the memory. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serial_presence_detect

More details about Dominator kit for dual channel systems http://www.corsair.com/en/dominator-with-dhx-pro-connector-and-airflow-ii-fan-8gb-dual-channel-ddr3-memory-kit-cmp8gx3m2b1333c9.html , Tech Specs tab.
SunTZuGa
SunTZuGa

Back to top Go down

Post  SunTZuGa Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:53 am

I'm using GeForce® GT 610 (2048MB DDR3) http://www.amazon.co.uk/GeForce-Graphics-PCI-Express-PureVideo-Technology/dp/B00843ZMGW .

Need GPU guru judgement about what will be better ...
SunTZuGa
SunTZuGa

Back to top Go down

Post  glisa_dejan Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:23 am

I bought this 2 weeks ago, i had same problem like you sapaki

Core i5 3470 3.20GHz 6MB BOX 150
GIGABYTE GA-B75-D3V S-1155 4xDDR3 VGA+DVI 2xPCI-E 2xPCI 4xSATA USB 3.0 GLAN 60
8gb kingston ( 2 x 4gb) 57
WD  SATA  1TB Blue WD10EZEX 55
GIGABYTE AMD Radeon HD 7790 1GB ddr5 GV-R779OC-1GD 115
LC POWER PRO 916B BLACK  2xUSB 3.0+ 2xUSB UP 2x3.5mm Down 35
CHIEFTEC CTG-600-80P 600W Full 50
dvd-rw 15

total : 537 EURO
glisa_dejan
glisa_dejan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sapaki Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:59 am

SunTZuGa wrote:
Will be able to provide a question for you tomorow on this one...

I am not sure I understood what you meant about the GT 610. You are using this card on your rig?
Sapaki
Sapaki

Back to top Go down

Post  Sapaki Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:10 am

antoncini wrote:Sapaki,

I am following this thread with big interest as i am sure one dy i will be trying to fix a PC to run WOT better .

Grt contributions from all.

Anton
Well in this case it has started out by trying to combine whatever was available, so probably not the better options are followed for each component. An i3 processor for instance is quite a bad choice compared to an i5, but we are running in a very tight budget here. If I was in a "normal" situation I would squeeze in some extra Euros for the i5, but as it is it is simply pushing too much my capabilities. The same goes for the GPU, there are a lot better GPUs in a price range of 60-80 Euros, but again i cannot squeeze that money in there either. 

On the other hand, when you decide to do your upgrade, you can post your current rig (so as to see what is keepable and what is to be scraped) as well as the budget for your new rig. I am also subscribed to a magazine that provides "ideal" rigs depending on one's budget and use of the PC, so when the time comes I can give you some options there, the rigs they propose are superb (value+performance)/money

Bit this topic has taken an unexpected turn indeed Smile
Sapaki
Sapaki

Back to top Go down

Post  Rancidpunk Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:30 am

SunTZuGa wrote:
Rancidpunk wrote:

The RAM requires 1.6v so it will work on the board but it's not going to be great if it's not getting enough voltage from the mobo and your system won't recognize it so will run as default unless you are buying the LX Plus version. The "cheaper" H61 chipset mobo's from ASUS usually need 1.5v RAM for XMP support to work but if you are confident enough to adjust the voltage yourself in bios it should be ok after a bit of tweaking.

Tweaking wont be necessary because Tested Voltage: 1.6 ; SPD Voltage: 1.5. SPD or Serial presence detect is a memory hardware feature that makes it possible for the computer to know what memory is present, and what timings to use to access the memory. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serial_presence_detect

More details about Dominator kit for dual channel systems http://www.corsair.com/en/dominator-with-dhx-pro-connector-and-airflow-ii-fan-8gb-dual-channel-ddr3-memory-kit-cmp8gx3m2b1333c9.html , Tech Specs tab.
SPD won't detect it correctly if the mobo is set in bios to only allow 1.5 to the ram rail, hence the need to tweek the voltage in bios to allow the RAM to function in a capacity the SPD can recognize otherwise the mobo will just treat it as unrecognized and use default bios settings with Asus software allowing the ram to still work.
Rancidpunk
Rancidpunk
INSTRUCTOR
INSTRUCTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sapaki Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:53 am

Ok recap #754957

Final Rig:

Only m/b and/or processor can change depending if we can squeeze better performance for the same or for a lower price (SunTzuGa, I will have the definate confirmation for the m/b on Monday finaly)

Processor: i3 3240                    110 Euros       (to buy)

m/b: ASUS P8H61-M LX3           45 Euros         (to buy)

GPU: Palit (Nvidia) Geforce GTS 250 1gb GDDR3 (Offered by Vallu, would cost 30-40 Euros if bought, I think)

RAM:  Corsair Dominator 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1333MHz CL9 (Offered by Nilz, would cost 80-95 Euros if bought)

HDD: Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB (Offered by Wasp, would cost 50-60 Euros if bought)

ROM: Some ROM Wasp has (Offered by Wasp, would cost 10-15 Euros if bought)

Tower: Some tower from my office scraps

PSU: A no-name PSU from some office scraps 400W, should change it ASAP (prolly will) for a branded 450-500W PSU

Screen: A 17 inch LG flat with some burned pixels a guy I know does not need

Mouse/keyboard: Have those already

All price estimates are my own and i could be dead wrong. Postage fees are not included in these prices estimates.

Again, I cannot say enough to thank those guys that have contributed either to the rig, either to the thread. Of course this will not end here. You will get updates as to the assembly of the rig, as well as updates about what we will figure out with the contributors as appropriate compensation for their offers.

It looks like the whales will be saved after all!

I will be back with news on monday!
Sapaki
Sapaki

Back to top Go down

Post  SunTZuGa Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:43 am

Sapaki wrote:
SunTZuGa wrote:

I am not sure I understood what you meant about the GT 610. You are using this card on your rig?

Yes, I'm using this card. Price/performance wasn't bad. But I asked somebody who has much experience with GPUs to judge.
SunTZuGa
SunTZuGa

Back to top Go down

Post  SunTZuGa Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:41 am

Rancidpunk wrote:
SunTZuGa wrote:
Rancidpunk wrote:

SPD won't detect it correctly if the mobo is set in bios to only allow 1.5 to the ram rail, hence the need to tweek the voltage in bios to allow the RAM to function in a capacity the SPD can recognize otherwise the mobo will just treat it as unrecognized and use default bios settings with Asus software allowing the ram to still work.
Dear Dr. Rancid Punk,
Yes, that kind of tweaking possible would be needed. I just made a quick check of mobo users manual and seems will be a very easy to do this. I'll attach the User Manual Master Sapaki Nab Case so please check again and give a second opinion (like a doctor Very Happy ). Please, take care on "patient's CT and MRI scans" on page 1-15 (a lot of 1.6V and 1.65V Idea ) and on page 2-13 and 2-15 and possible possibilities Very Happy on patient's "heart attack" Cool .

Dear college Dr.MR.MG.HW Racid Punk thank you in advance on your effort to analyze and finalized second opinion.

Kind regards,

Dr.Mr.Mg.Hw Sun T. Zuga - Dalmatian Nab
SunTZuGa
SunTZuGa

Back to top Go down

Post  Rancidpunk Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:58 am

SunTZuGa wrote:
Sapaki wrote:
SunTZuGa wrote:

Yes, I'm using this card. Price/performance wasn't bad. But I asked somebody who has much experience with GPUs to judge.
Edit- I thought the 250 would be ok but I've just seen the power supply you are going to use and it's not going to handle the GTS 250, the 2 series was very power hungry and the 250 needs a high quality 450w PSU, better yet a 550 to be safe.

Personally I'd recommend the 610 as it only needs 300w and on a 17" monitor it should be fine.

Last edited by Rancidpunk on Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rancidpunk
Rancidpunk
INSTRUCTOR
INSTRUCTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Rancidpunk Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:13 pm

SunTZuGa wrote:
Rancidpunk wrote:
SunTZuGa wrote:
Rancidpunk wrote:

Dear Dr. Rancid Punk,
Yes, that kind of tweaking possible would be needed. I just made a quick check of mobo users manual and seems will be a very easy to do this. I'll attach the User Manual Master Sapaki Nab Case so please check again and give a second opinion (like a doctor Very Happy ). Please, take care on "patient's CT and MRI scans" on page 1-15 (a lot of 1.6V and 1.65V Idea ) and on page 2-13 and 2-15 and possible possibilities Very Happy on patient's "heart attack" Cool .

Dear college Dr.MR.MG.HW Racid Punk thank you in advance on your effort to analyze and finalized second opinion.

Kind regards,

Dr.Mr.Mg.Hw Sun T. Zuga - Dalmatian Nab
So looking at the the bios screen shot the default is 1.5v so the final diagnosis would be it'll work but if you want to get it to perform as intended you can increase the voltage quite safely to 1.65v Always do it slowly in steps to ensure the frequencies don't need lowered/raised for stability. Easiest thing to do is find a forum where somebody has done it already on this board with this ram and use their settings. Also be very, very careful not to blow the cpu.
Alternatively you can play safe if you aren't sure what you are doing and let Windows 7 and Asus own software manage the ram until you can afford the 1.5v version http://www.ebuyer.com/235776-corsair-4gb-ddr3-1333mhz-memory-cmv4gx3m1a1333c9
Rancidpunk
Rancidpunk
INSTRUCTOR
INSTRUCTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Vampir_Kifla Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:29 pm

Well Sapaki, tbh GTS 250 isn't a great card and it's quite old. WoT doesn't care what you have, it will lag here and there, but if you intend to play something else (and more demanding than WoT) I'd suggest get a better card (one that comes to mind is the awesome nVidia GTX460 768MB, but it may be pricey, although should be under 200€)
Also, don't even try to turn this rig on without a good 500W PSU. Smile
Vampir_Kifla
Vampir_Kifla
INSTRUCTOR
INSTRUCTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sapaki Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:14 pm

Both m/b are available in stock, the price difference between them is a couple of Euros no more, so basically I could buy anyone of the two. So basically it is all about deciding which one of the two will work better with the RAM dims.
Sapaki
Sapaki

Back to top Go down

Post  Boos B Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:02 pm

Darn! It is contagious! My powersupply died on me.
Boos B
Boos B
INSTRUCTOR
INSTRUCTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Rancidpunk Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:40 pm

Sapaki wrote:
Both m/b are available in stock, the price difference between them is a couple of Euros no more, so basically I could buy anyone of the two. So basically it is all about deciding which one of the two will work better with the RAM dims.
Get the PLUS! Should handle your RAM better than all the other boards!
Rancidpunk
Rancidpunk
INSTRUCTOR
INSTRUCTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sapaki Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:43 pm

But they are both "PLUS"

One is http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/P8H61M_LX3_PLUS/

And the other is

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/P8H61M_LX_PLUS_R20/

The diff is that one is "LX3 PLUS" and the other is "LX PLUS R2.0"

Which one would handle the RAM better that is the question?
Sapaki
Sapaki

Back to top Go down

Post  Rancidpunk Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:49 pm

Sapaki wrote:But they are both "PLUS"

One is http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/P8H61M_LX3_PLUS/

And the other is

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/P8H61M_LX_PLUS_R20/

The diff is that one is "LX3 PLUS" and the other is "LX PLUS R2.0"

Which one would handle the RAM better that is the question?
The R2.0 is the better more up to date board. It supports 2200OC ram so should handle yours easily.

What have you decided about the GPU/power supply?
Rancidpunk
Rancidpunk
INSTRUCTOR
INSTRUCTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sapaki Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:03 pm

I cannot afford a GPU so I will have to stick with Vallu's since it is the only one available.

I will try very hard to squeeze extra cash for a 500W PSU. I am thinking

Corsair Builder Series CX500 80 plus Bronze

or

Cooler Master G500 (also 80 Plus Bronze certified)

Price diff is 1 Euro, from the research I did it seems like the the Corsair is the best choice.

I might get nothing eventually though and just be really cautious in the beggining. I dunno. I will see. 430 or 450W is viable for the system (I will upgrade GPU within the next 7-8 months though, at least I am planning so), because I could save some 10-15 Euros from that.
Sapaki
Sapaki

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next