SGTA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Chatbox
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» The AFK thread
by Tecuani Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:15 am

» Basic - Camouflage and spotting - 26th of November - 19:30UTC
by ZerONRNS Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:42 am

» SGTA is moving!
by Vallu01 Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:57 am

» Trying to understand the T-34...
by Vallu01 Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:53 am

» Hello from Prometheus
by Pendergast Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:15 am

» Repeat of peek-a-boo lesson?
by JosefSvejk Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:57 pm

» M46 Patton, wat to do .vs TD division
by Rajahz Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:46 am

» T-44 Patrol Duty
by Wen90 Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:45 am

» Peek a boo lesson
by Madhias Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:51 am

Harald's Noob Replays (TM)

+3
Ding760
Emric
HowTheStoryEnds
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Harald's Noob Replays (TM) - Page 2 Empty Re: Harald's Noob Replays (TM)

Post  lostplace Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:20 am

HowTheStoryEnds wrote:if anyone feels up to it an analysis of this one with regards to medium play in general would be great. I'm still not sure where to go and how to handle certain situations, additional info on the linked page.

http://wotreplays.com/site/243241#ruinberg-howthestoryends-cromwell

5 kills, 2.1k damage - I rarely manage to play games like that myself, so I am hardly in the position of doing a competent analysis. Anyways, no other comments up to now, so here is at least an armchair general's opinion on that. Wink 

I like this replay, especially the first half of the game. Your Cromwell completely outclasses the red team in the west by applying all the tricks like flanking, tracking, etc. Watching that, the enemy Cromwell in K0 seems to shit bricks and runs away into town. Really inspiring and fun to watch. I think west is the right way to go for a med, as I often see defeats of those teams that do not manage to dominate the west. Once the west is under control, it doesn't take long to put pressure to opponents in the east from flank or rear. Unless - like in this one - your own team in the city sucks.

At the end, imho two things might be considered:

- Switching to APCR very late in a close game: You unfortunately didn't pen the KV-1S several times. Low on health as he was, it could have been worth to use APCR earlier to finish the KV-1S off from saver distance. An AT-8 alone would have had an eternity to cap and slow traversing as he is much easier to outmanouver.

- Trading shots with a KV-1S and an AT-8 at close range: An alternative in a fast tank (especially in encounter mode when capping takes longer time) might be to break contact, approach surprisingly from another direction, pop up to take a shot, again break contact, pop up elsewhere, etc. Not the ideal map for doing that (some bushes help a lot), but still an alternative.

Again, it's easy to know better afterwards. I wish I could play a med like that myself on a regular basis.

lostplace

Back to top Go down

Post  HowTheStoryEnds Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:30 am

well I've played a bit more since then, met a very kind unicum who gave me some pointers. Now I'm playing my cromwell with camo skill (instead of repairs) and coated optics (instead of binocs), basically zoom around, scout a bit and flank. That works out great, games have been a lot better since then. The tank still relies on the team not been total donkeys but every supportive tank more or less requires that.

The only thing still puzzling me about it is the huge amount of dings I get with what should be a high pen gun on areas that should be easily pennable like kv-1s turret side or backside.
HowTheStoryEnds
HowTheStoryEnds
Guide
Guide

Back to top Go down

Post  Shufuni Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:08 pm

HowTheStoryEnds wrote:The only thing still puzzling me about it is the huge amount of dings I get with what should be a high pen gun on areas that should be easily pennable like kv-1s turret side or backside.

I thought there was only one Ding but I guess his suffix suggests there are at least another 759 lurking somewhere. You can also find a big Dong dangling about in Academy HQ from time to time....Rolling Eyes 

Nice battle btw Very Happy

Last edited by Shufuni on Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Shufuni
Shufuni

Back to top Go down

Post  Ding760 Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:44 am

Shufuni wrote:
I thought there was only one Ding but I guess his suffix suggests there are at least another 759 lurking somewhere. You can also find a big Dong dangling about in Academy HQ from time to time....Rolling Eyes 

Nice battle btw Very Happy

Lol!
Ding760
Ding760

Back to top Go down

Post  HowTheStoryEnds Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:33 pm

I'll now be saving games in videos and uploading them to my new youtube channel so they won't disappear after a while, uploaded a nice instructional/descriptional one about passive spotting on malinovka with a tier IV tank in a tier VIII match. Obviously should you desire the replay then it can be posted.
HowTheStoryEnds
HowTheStoryEnds
Guide
Guide

Back to top Go down

Post  Ding760 Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:59 am

Please post link to YouTube vid here Very Happy This thread I come to keep check on your pro skillz Harald Razz
Ding760
Ding760

Back to top Go down

Post  HowTheStoryEnds Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:20 am

https://youtu.be/PnGWtxaDg7A

hellcat game in steppes where I totally donk out and get denied the victory due to my bad tactical play at the end. Just don't know how I should've handled it otherwise.
HowTheStoryEnds
HowTheStoryEnds
Guide
Guide

Back to top Go down

Post  lostplace Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:35 am

Concerning your remark at the very end, as it was encounter mode there should have been enough time to reposition anywhere on the map in time. One tank captures one point per 2.5 secs (1 sec in standard mode), that means it takes 4 min 10 secs for a single tank to get all 100 cap points in encounter. Think this was very hard to win with that much hit points lost already, maybe possible against a much less skilled player, maybe not. And this player didn't seem to be a bad one. So just to troll him for his chat comment I had tried to reset the cap with an HE snapshot at 95 cap points from a hopefully surprising direction and driven away afterwards to get a draw. At least worth an attempt.

lostplace

Back to top Go down

Post  HowTheStoryEnds Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:41 am

http://wotreplays.com/site/353410#steppes-howthestoryends-m18_hellcat

like comment said, was happy with the flanking and the general team responsiveness, would appreciate any comments/criticisms though.
HowTheStoryEnds
HowTheStoryEnds
Guide
Guide

Back to top Go down

Post  Vampir_Kifla Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:03 am

Great play, nothing really to criticise Razz 

Although just a word of advice, never shoot a Black Prince in the turret unless you have 250+ mm of penetration. It's not going to go in.
Vampir_Kifla
Vampir_Kifla
INSTRUCTOR
INSTRUCTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  HowTheStoryEnds Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:16 am

yeah :-$
HowTheStoryEnds
HowTheStoryEnds
Guide
Guide

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2