SGTA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Chatbox
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» The AFK thread
by Tecuani Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:15 am

» Basic - Camouflage and spotting - 26th of November - 19:30UTC
by ZerONRNS Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:42 am

» SGTA is moving!
by Vallu01 Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:57 am

» Trying to understand the T-34...
by Vallu01 Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:53 am

» Hello from Prometheus
by Pendergast Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:15 am

» Repeat of peek-a-boo lesson?
by JosefSvejk Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:57 pm

» M46 Patton, wat to do .vs TD division
by Rajahz Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:46 am

» T-44 Patrol Duty
by Wen90 Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:45 am

» Peek a boo lesson
by Madhias Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:51 am

Academy HQ chat - Mandatory for ALL clan members!

+11
ziggybass
blackchamber
crazytony0
Lemmingtrain
AndyScouser
Brainfarter
Sapaki
HowTheStoryEnds
Vampir_Kifla
Ding760
Vallu01
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Academy HQ chat - Mandatory for ALL clan members! Empty Academy HQ chat - Mandatory for ALL clan members!

Post  Vallu01 Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:41 pm

1. What is the Academy HQ channel? Why should I join it?

The Academy HQ channel is the mandatory Official SGTA ingame chat channel. All ingame written clan communications go through this channel.

That means that any announcements, all SGTA and non-SGTA staff, all applicants on the waiting list,as well as Academy graduates that have moved on to more competitive clans, are all there. Classes are also announced there, shortly before they begin, as well as all the details on how to join them (game server, TS server and channel etc,)

2. How do I join the Academy HQ channel?

• You should join the “Academy HQ” channel each time you log in the game, as soon as you log in.

• When you are logged in the game, in your garage, click on the “Channels” icon on the lower left corner of your screen.

• Bring forward the “Channel Search” tab and type “Academy” on the search field and launch the search.

• The “Academy HQ” channel will appear, probably on top of the list if not as the only result.

• Select the “Academy HQ” channel from the list and click “Connect”. You will be prompted to input a password.

The password is: “proacademy”

• The next time you will join the game, you will automatically have the “Academy HQ” channel open in your garage, unless the game servers have been reset, in which case you should repeat the procedure described above in order to join the channel.

Welcome to the “Academy HQ”!

3. I did what you described above but no “Academy HQ” channel appeared on the search results. Why is that?

The game is built in such a way that every 2-3 days, at some time of the day, the WoT servers reset. Kind of a routine reboot if you like. While this procedure is perfectly normal, it also erases any user created content from the server, resulting in the shutting of all user-created chat channels, including our “Academy HQ” channel.

If not immediately after the reset of the servers, as soon as a member of our staff logs in, he or she will create the academy HQ channel again and announce it in the default clan chat channel of the game. As soon as you see this announcement you should join the “Academy HQ” channel following the instructions given in the previous paragraph.

4. What if I don’t want to join the “Academy HQ” channel?

We will spam messages on the default chat channel to join the “Academy HQ” channel, and we will remind you if you have forgotten to join. Since the creation of SGTA2, the use of the Academy HQ is mandatory for all clan members

If members of staff notice that any member of SGTA willingly and systematically refuses to join this channel, disciplinary actions will be considered.Not joining is not only an indication of rather weak commitment towards the clan, it is, from now on, considered to be an outright violation of the clan rules. 

We see no reason why any of the SGTA members would not want to join the “Academy HQ” channel which is at his disposal, for the plain and simple reason that if one does not join he will be missing out on many things that this clan has to offer to him.

5. Why do we have to join the “Academy HQ” channel and we can’t use the default clan chat channel of the game? After all it is a lot simpler!

Now this is a question that we get asked a lot and many people cannot understand why we have decided to create another channel than the default on as our official means of ingame written communication.
We will give you a short version of the reasons we decided to do this and a long version as we need to clear about this issue.

Although the reasons described below are still valid, the main reason that the use of the Academy HQ channel is now mandatory because we need to have a channel where all members of SGTA can communicate between them

SGTA and SGTA2 are ONE and the SAME clan, using ONE chat and ONE TS server for comms.

The use of the in-game default clan chat channels of each clan is not strictly forbiden, but it is strongly discouraged, and you will be reprimanded by staff if you systematically use the default in-game clan chat. (as an example, saying "Hello" in both channels is ok. Holding a conversation with one of your mates in the default chat channel is not ok. You can use a Private chat window for that if you do not want to use one of the public channels)

Short version:

First of all, NO it is not because we like to make your life harder. Trust us we don’t. Really! The main reason is simply because there are instructors in SGTA that are not members of SGTA. They are in more competitive clans, which is good because this is where good players should be if they want to progress. This is also good for you, since they can pass on to you all the new things they learn while being there.

The second reason is that many SGTA graduates want to keep in touch with the clan and this is the only way they can do it. The third reason is that people on the waiting list are allowed to participate in all aspects of the clan as if they where it's members. Therefore, since there is no way these people can join the default in-game clan chat channel (reserved only to clan members), we decided to create another clan chat channel, where we can find all of SGTA, which is a lot broader than merely the 100 members of the clan.

To give you an idea of why you should use the “Academy HQ” channel, usually the bulk of our instructors are not SGTA members. After all, we have said it over and over again; these people are always available for questions, and most of the time available to you for one-on-one sessions upon your request. So why miss out on that?

Long version

Ok we will put this one into a spoiler so as not to make this topic into a monster wall of text.

Spoiler:
Vallu01
Vallu01
ADMIN
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Academy HQ chat - Mandatory for ALL clan members! Empty Re: Academy HQ chat - Mandatory for ALL clan members!

Post  Ding760 Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:20 pm

Kind of irritating they (WG) keep deleting it. There really shouldn't be a reason for that -.-
Ding760
Ding760

Back to top Go down

Academy HQ chat - Mandatory for ALL clan members! Empty Re: Academy HQ chat - Mandatory for ALL clan members!

Post  Vampir_Kifla Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:12 pm

Ding760 wrote:Kind of irritating they (WG) keep deleting it. There really shouldn't be a reason for that -.-
But that shouldn't be a reason for you not to join, you know tongue
Vampir_Kifla
Vampir_Kifla
INSTRUCTOR
INSTRUCTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  HowTheStoryEnds Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:14 pm

I checked it out once before but due to the fact it asked for a password I assumed it was some 'command center' channel, only for clan leadership, and didn't try logging in. I'll make sure to join it every time from now on. Embarassed
HowTheStoryEnds
HowTheStoryEnds
Guide
Guide

Back to top Go down

Post  Vallu01 Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:29 am

It would be nice if it would be permanent, but unfortunately it works as temporary channel like platoons etc. I think it's every 3rd that the server restarts, it doesn't take long before somebody has created a new one.
Vallu01
Vallu01
ADMIN
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post  Sapaki Mon May 27, 2013 7:17 pm

Topic edited, please have a look at the changes.
Sapaki
Sapaki
His Royal Majesty the Admissions Officer of the Clan Himself

Back to top Go down

Post  Vallu01 Tue May 28, 2013 1:35 am

Sapaki wrote:Topic edited, please have a look at the changes.

Good work Sapaki.

When we ask people to join Academy HQ and they have questions, we should direct them to this topic as it explains everything they need to know.
Vallu01
Vallu01
ADMIN
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post  Brainfarter Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:24 pm

Maybe sticky this?
Brainfarter
Brainfarter
Lead Guide
Lead Guide

Back to top Go down

Post  Vallu01 Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:03 am

It's enough that it's in the Announcement section (only staff can create new topics here) and link is in How things work here (Read this!) topic.
Vallu01
Vallu01
ADMIN
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post  Sapaki Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:31 am

He doesn't want to sticky it because I wrote it! Razz

I have been knocking on the "sticky it" door too, but the finnish guy inside the house seems to be deaf or smth...
Sapaki
Sapaki

Back to top Go down

Post  Vallu01 Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:10 am

Sapaki wrote:He doesn't want to sticky it because I wrote it! Razz

I have been knocking on the "sticky it" door too, but the finnish guy inside the house seems to be deaf or smth...

Yes, it's not like you could sticky it...
Vallu01
Vallu01
ADMIN
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post  Sapaki Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:32 am

You know I really don't know how! I have been searching earlier but I could not find the freaking "make this shit sticky" button.
Sapaki
Sapaki

Back to top Go down

Post  Vallu01 Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:38 am

Sapaki wrote:You know I really don't know how! I have been searching earlier but I could not find the freaking "make this shit sticky" button.

Good luck with that.
Vallu01
Vallu01
ADMIN
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post  AndyScouser Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:41 pm

Sapaki wrote:You know I really don't know how! I have been searching earlier but I could not find the freaking "make this shit sticky" button.
hahahhahaha.... guinness, you will find, has the desired effect
AndyScouser
AndyScouser

Back to top Go down

Post  Sapaki Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:49 pm

Halelujah! Halelujah! I have found it! 

Nevertheless, one question remains... How can I be SUCH an idiot for not finding it earlier...

I mean WHAT an idiot!
Sapaki
Sapaki

Back to top Go down

Post  Brainfarter Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:23 pm

I feel like I have started a lavine somehow...
Brainfarter
Brainfarter
Lead Guide
Lead Guide

Back to top Go down

Post  Lemmingtrain Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:14 am

Brainfarter wrote:I feel like I have started a lavine somehow...

Better than a latrine Very Happy 
Lemmingtrain
Lemmingtrain

Back to top Go down

Post  Sapaki Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:14 am

Dafuq is a lavine?
Sapaki
Sapaki

Back to top Go down

Post  HowTheStoryEnds Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:15 am

I think he means an avalanche.
HowTheStoryEnds
HowTheStoryEnds
Guide
Guide

Back to top Go down

Post  crazytony0 Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:18 am

HowTheStoryEnds wrote:I think he means an avalanche.

yeah suuposedly, since the word for avalanche in dutch is "lawine"

crazytony0

Back to top Go down

Post  Brainfarter Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:54 pm

Lavine is danish for avalanche. Get a grip guys. I know im from a country with a language used by appr. 5 mio. people, but its only fair if you learn it - fast. We are scheming for world dominance somewhere around 2015.

I never ever ever thought i would have to use google translate - but next time im trying to use words on the edge of my vocabulary, i might need to check them...

Is it fair to say my brain farted?
/B
Brainfarter
Brainfarter
Lead Guide
Lead Guide

Back to top Go down

Post  Sapaki Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:59 pm

Your world domination scheme has already started with Borgen... 

Now we all want to vote for Danish women to be our leaders!

I have already learned one word from all this: tak!
Sapaki
Sapaki

Back to top Go down

Post  blackchamber Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:59 am

crazytony wrote:yeah suuposedly, since the word for avalanche in dutch is "lawine"

I could understand it, but hey dutch and german are pretty similar. You know, like dutch is a really, really, really, really weird version of german. tongue

blackchamber
INSTRUCTOR
INSTRUCTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Vampir_Kifla Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:15 am

Even we in Croatia understand it, we say "lavina"
Vampir_Kifla
Vampir_Kifla
INSTRUCTOR
INSTRUCTOR

Back to top Go down

Academy HQ chat - Mandatory for ALL clan members! Empty ok.

Post  ziggybass Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:17 am

I have read this understood it and accept it. Thanks!
ziggybass
ziggybass

http://www.mulesspain.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next