SGTA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Chatbox
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» The AFK thread
by Tecuani Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:15 am

» Basic - Camouflage and spotting - 26th of November - 19:30UTC
by ZerONRNS Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:42 am

» SGTA is moving!
by Vallu01 Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:57 am

» Trying to understand the T-34...
by Vallu01 Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:53 am

» Hello from Prometheus
by Pendergast Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:15 am

» Repeat of peek-a-boo lesson?
by JosefSvejk Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:57 pm

» M46 Patton, wat to do .vs TD division
by Rajahz Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:46 am

» T-44 Patrol Duty
by Wen90 Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:45 am

» Peek a boo lesson
by Madhias Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:51 am

Application - _IronClaw_

+3
SteelToedSneakers
Sapaki
IronClaw
7 posters

Go down

Application - _IronClaw_ Empty Application - _IronClaw_

Post  IronClaw Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:16 pm

In Game Nickname:
_IronClaw_ (Noobmeter, PlanetWot, WoT )

The Netherlands

Usable Languages:
- Dutch (Fluent)
- English (Fluent),
- German (Basic)
- French (Can order a meal and might even get what I thought I ordered)

Previous Clan:
none

Favorite Type Of Tanks (Heavy, Medium, Light... ):
I prefer mediums and heavies, but also play lights and SPG's because I think it's important to experience it all in order to understand the game. Haven't played TD's yet, but only because I don't want to over-extend myself on the amount of trees that I play at once.

Tanks Owned:
Light: ELC AMC, AMX 12t
Medium: M4 Sherman, Sherman Jumbo
Heavy: KV-1S, IS
SPG: Grille, GW Panther

Win Rate:
53%, seem to be "stuck" at this for a while now. x5 weekend was used to unlock GW Panther, which seems to have hurt my WR a bit.

Match Played:
~1150. Lots yet to learn.

How did You hear about SGTA?:
WoT forums. I regularly encounter posts by your officers/instructors and they always seem polite, well informed and informative. They are a nice "billboard" for your clan!

Why are you applying to SGTA:
Several reasons, listed in random order...
1a) I hate losing. I know when I play badly or less good as I should have and I absolutely hate it when I am (partly) to blame for a loss. Since my own contribution is the only thing I have 100% control over, it is the first thing I need to address. So, I want to learn how to play better, and this seems to be *the* place to do so.

1b) I hate losing. We all know those matches where we play at the top of our ability, get mastery badges, top guns, defenders and still lose the match because MM just decided it was not meant to be. I cannot control my team, but I can choose to play together with people who at least also want to learn. I don't need to play with all unicums, but it would be great to play with people who also try to give it their best.

2) It's just more fun in a team. WoT is a team game, but in solo randoms it doesn't always feel like that. I'd love to play more coordinated, use better tactics as a group or team and share the joy of playing over TS and with clanmates. From what I've read on the forums, you seem to have a nice social and intelligent bunch of people Smile

3) I really like your concept. The idea of offering a place to learn, of understanding that we all started with 0 battle experience and seeing the potential in people really appeals to me. I'd love to learn from you, and when one day I might become good enough myself to be worthy of training others, then I'd also like to give back what I've been given.

4) Because the cat told me to. While pondering over what clan would best suit my needs and where I could contribute the most, the cat (reading my mind, as cats do) told me to join SGTA. I've learned not to argue with the cat, because it is more stubborn than me and well, people look funny at me when I talk to the cat, so here I am.

Additional:
I'm aware of your waiting list and will gladly sit out the wait. No rush here. I hope I can meet some of you in the in-game chat, and maybe have some platoons in the meantime if anyone is interested.
IronClaw
IronClaw
Lead Guide
Lead Guide

Back to top Go down

Application - _IronClaw_ Empty Re: Application - _IronClaw_

Post  Sapaki Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:15 pm

53% w/r when you are clanless (so playing solo most of the times) and with only 1.2k matches played so far (so mainly grinds with stock tanks) is a very good w/r. This means you have a lot of potential. You can expect it to rise at least by 3-4 % points when you reach Tier 8 and 3k battles, maybe more.

If you need platoon mates you can add me on your list. Mind you I am grinding Tier 8 atm, but will gladly do some Tier 5-6 battles with you (that is in case you do not always want to get your arty along).

I can also hook you up with a guy from the academy who is grinding the same Tiers as yours and has stats similar to yours.

This should make the waiting a bit more tolerable and give you a bit of an insight into the clan.
Sapaki
Sapaki
His Royal Majesty the Admissions Officer of the Clan Himself

Back to top Go down

Post  SteelToedSneakers Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:07 pm

Look for me whenever you need a KV-1S or a T-29 for support. I'm grinding crew skills on the first, and xp for the next tank on the latter.
SteelToedSneakers
SteelToedSneakers

http://www.kittelsaa.com

Back to top Go down

Post  IronClaw Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:11 pm

Thanks for the positive comments and the offers for platooning! I'll add you in game and will hook up when possible.
IronClaw
IronClaw
Lead Guide
Lead Guide

Back to top Go down

Post  Ding760 Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:05 pm

That goes 3rd for me too.

My platoons are a bit different though. I'm more of a tactical micro-managing platoon leader. So if you like proper platoon scale tactics then you might find my platoons more interesting Smile

If you don't want tactics then come along too lol. I'm always good for a platoon Smile
Ding760
Ding760

Back to top Go down

Post  Sgt_Kelly Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:31 am

We have a few people from the Low Countries in the clan as well. Always fun to platoon in your own language for a change. The swearing is more heartfelt and natural, for one thing Very Happy .
Sgt_Kelly
Sgt_Kelly

Back to top Go down

Post  IronClaw Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:54 am

Ding760 wrote:That goes 3rd for me too.

My platoons are a bit different though. I'm more of a tactical micro-managing platoon leader. So if you like proper platoon scale tactics then you might find my platoons more interesting Smile

If you don't want tactics then come along too lol. I'm always good for a platoon Smile

Both options sound fine to me Razz
Just platooning for fun (while still being all serious about winning, because that is more fun Razz ) is great. Platooning with someone who has a clear lead will without doubt also teach me a lot. Since I've been exclusively playing solo so far, I think playing with some real tactics (even small scale in a platoon) will open a whole new world.

Sgt_Kelly wrote:We have a few people from the Low Countries in the clan as well. Always fun to platoon in your own language for a change. The swearing is more heartfelt and natural, for one thing Very Happy .

Nothing beats some well-meant native curses when you get killed due to your own stupidity, or when RNG (or lack of weakspot finding skill) donates you with a string of "We just scratched them!" Razz

Oh, one question: Do most people play on EU1 or EU2? I know CW is only on EU1, but when possible I prefer EU2 due to lower ping. Smile
IronClaw
IronClaw
Lead Guide
Lead Guide

Back to top Go down

Post  Ding760 Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:36 am

There is no default server to play on. For example I get lower ping on EU2 so I play on EU2 90% of the time.
Ding760
Ding760

Back to top Go down

Post  IronClaw Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:23 am

Platooned today a bit with SteelToedSneakers and Xanlash. They suffered my terrible play in the Sherman Jumbo (seem to have trouble in that tank, will read up on it more and watch some vids), but it was great fun nonetheless Very Happy
IronClaw
IronClaw
Lead Guide
Lead Guide

Back to top Go down

Post  SteelToedSneakers Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:29 am

Just wanted to mention: I tooned with IronClaw today, and like what I see. He's a good player, who tend to be too far ahead of the rest of the team, just like me. It was good having someone up there with me!! Laughing
SteelToedSneakers
SteelToedSneakers

http://www.kittelsaa.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sapaki Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:08 am

Lol, the guy I was thinking to hook you up with was Xanlash! I guess you beat me to it!
Sapaki
Sapaki

Back to top Go down

Post  IronClaw Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:22 am

Sapaki wrote:Lol, the guy I was thinking to hook you up with was Xanlash! I guess you beat me to it!

Very Happy
Great player from what I could see, should probably have stuck a lot closer to him. Lesson learned for next time.

@ SteelToed: thanks for the compliment! The "too far forward" is definitely something I need to improve. Too often I go like this:

Choke point, we're with a number of tanks. One enemy spotted around choke point. People wait... a bit more... until I go "ffs it's just one guy, here, I'll show how to do it". I move forward to kill that one meager enemy, spot the 3 enemy heavies that are behind him just before I get 3-shotted by them. Razz
IronClaw
IronClaw
Lead Guide
Lead Guide

Back to top Go down

Post  Ding760 Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:22 am

Well...it could be worse Iron.... you could be THIS guy...please view mini-map to get the gravity of his situation.

Note he was confident he was going to survive a minute ago... which lead me to say "you will be.... [dead]". lol.

Ever seen a guy 8-shotted? I have! lol...

Application - _IronClaw_ Shot023b
Ding760
Ding760

Back to top Go down

Post  Vallu01 Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:12 pm

_IronClaw_ added to the waiting list https://sgta.forumotion.com/t227-academy-waiting-list#1887

Be sure to join our TS if you want to platoon.
Vallu01
Vallu01
ADMIN
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post  IronClaw Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:50 pm

Awesome! Thanks a lot!

New headset has been ordered and should arrive today or tomorrow, looking forward to talking to you guys on TS.
IronClaw
IronClaw
Lead Guide
Lead Guide

Back to top Go down

Post  Etairos Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:01 pm

When Halo 4 unicums fever in Xbox live is finally over I will start grinding the German td line form jagdpz4 so I could platoon with you ( although i am more of a lone wolf Razz )
Etairos
Etairos

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down