SGTA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Chatbox
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» The AFK thread
by Tecuani Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:15 am

» Basic - Camouflage and spotting - 26th of November - 19:30UTC
by ZerONRNS Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:42 am

» SGTA is moving!
by Vallu01 Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:57 am

» Trying to understand the T-34...
by Vallu01 Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:53 am

» Hello from Prometheus
by Pendergast Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:15 am

» Repeat of peek-a-boo lesson?
by JosefSvejk Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:57 pm

» M46 Patton, wat to do .vs TD division
by Rajahz Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:46 am

» T-44 Patrol Duty
by Wen90 Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:45 am

» Peek a boo lesson
by Madhias Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:51 am

Behind the scenes

+4
AndyScouser
SteelToedSneakers
PointyHairedJedi
Vallu01
8 posters

Go down

Behind the scenes Empty Behind the scenes

Post  Vallu01 Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:48 am

This topic is meant to give a little insight on what we, SGTA Staff, have been up to lately. I will update this regularly.

Lot of changes and discussions lately.

Kawashiro has resigned from SGTA and may quit WoT altogether. She has deleted her forum account and some you were worried about what will happen to the forum. Forum is safe. Only Brit and me can change anything about the forum now. The chatbox however was not an integrated part of the forum and was made by Kawashiro. That has been replace by integrated chatbox on top the forum. You login using you forum account. The layout is different, but the function is the same. I also added a link to our website on the toolbar.

Activity has been a popular topic lately. There will be some new rules regarding class attendance, forum checking and general activity (platoons, TS, academy HQ). We urge everyone to platoon more and use TS more actively. There are only handful of people who platoon regularly and even less who use TS. Platooning is a good way to learn on the file, there is no better way to learn tactics and cool spots and doing randoms with someone else. If everyone would get on TS every time they play we could always find someone to play with them. You don't necessary need mic to be on TS, you can still use textchat. But it will be a lot easier to find others who are free to platoon as you immediately see who are platooning and with who and how many. And also, it's more fun! So join up!
"How things work here (a.k.a READ THIS!!!)" topic will be update with details regarding these rules

New instructors have joined or rather promoted. BoosB is new basics instructor. Montyburns is new artillery instructor who will be helping revising the artillery classes. Sapaki is now a SGTA Staff member, meaning he's not an instructor, but will help organising and running SGTA. An updated list of instructors will follow soon.

BoosB will also help restructuring the Curriculum. Class topics will mostly stay the same with new ones added. The Curriculum itself will be made easier to follow. BoosB will also keep track of every class kept after 18.4.2013. Including which classes everyone has attended. If someone is found not to attend classes withing certain time period, disciplinary actions will be taken. At worst non-active members will be removed from SGTA. Again it comes down to being active. We are full and have more wanting to join everyday. Places will be reserved for the most active. More details later.

Everyone will receive a newsletter to their email, covering what you can expect from SGTA and what SGTA expects of you. Every new forum member will receive this as a welcoming PM in the future.

That's all I can think of for now.

Old style chatbox is back. The integrated one had some flaws.

New welcoming PM has been created. This was originally going to include hyperlinks, but due to limits of the forum it's not possible after all. I was going to send it as a newsletter also, but that works even worse. You can't use paragraphs for example, no underlining, bold letters, zero text editing. So all automated PMs and emails have ended up much simpler than intended.

A mission statement has been posted as it's own topic, this is small summary of what SGTA tries to achieve.

A warning email has been sent to those who haven't logged into to the forum for a week, they have 3 days to login into the forum before they are excluded from SGTA. Please make sure you login when you visit the forum.

How things work here (a.k.a READ THIS!!!) and TeamSpeak 3 topics have been totally revamped. Please read the former carefully as it includes all the rules you need to follow from now on. The activity rules especially will be followed more strictly from now on. We have a long waiting list and we want to ensure free space goes to those who are active.
TS3 topic in the other hand now includes instructions on how to install and configure it.

The revision of the curriculum is almost ready, after that the class material will be changed to reflect the new curriculum. Classes will stay mostly the same with new ones added.

That's all for now.

Our old TS is no longer in use, PHJs server is de facto SGTA server. Official announcement and updated TS topic will be made shortly. You might see some changes to the structure of the TS and changes to the permission. For now they all are temporary, if you have any problems regarding the TS server itself, contact me or PHJ. You might see some famous streamers or Youtubers in the bottom channels from time to time. DO NOT DISTURB THEM. At worst you might be kicked from SGTA if you do.
For all those who still don't know the address is:
london2.teamspeak.net:17977
Password for SGTA section:
proacademy

The SGTA Staff is happy to see more and more using the Academy HQ channel lately. It will receive a topic it deserves soon, explaining how and why to join it.

Everybody is buzzing about the new CW Campaign. At the moment it is quite safe to say that SGTA will take part. More news regarding this early next week.

I also edited the forum permission so now only Staff members can create topics on Announcement section. This is because the section was created for official clan wide announcements, not for goodbye/afk topics. Those belong to General Discussion.

Our Teamspeak has officially moved to this address london2.teamspeak.net:17977 or alternatively you can use sgta.teamspeak.net
No password needed.

The server will have several different Server groups.
Server Admins. [PHJ and Vallu01] They have rights to change almost anything on the server. If you have problems, contact a Server Admin.
Behind the scenes 18general Deputy Commander. Has rights move people, create channels, put people to server groups below instructor and so on.
Behind the scenes 15brigadiergeneral Instructor. Official SGTA instructor, has same TS rights as DC.
Behind the scenes 14colonel Staff. SGTA staff member, has same rights as an instructor, except he is not an official SGTA instructor.
Behind the scenes 08mastersergeant SGTA Graduate. This member has graduated from SGTA. Can use the SGTA part of the TS.
Behind the scenes Sgtalogomini SGTA Member. Is part of the SGTA clan. Note that instructors also have this icon, not just students.

Everyone that has Staff or higher ranking will have a tag next to their name, making them easier to distinguish.

Plans have been made for the CW Campaign. List of preferred tanks, sign up and training schedule will be announced on Monday. Just a heads up, first training will be next Wednesday.

Few more groups for TS.

Behind the scenes 19marshall Commander (EUROBrit). Self explanatory.
Behind the scenes 05sergeant CW Trainee. Purely a cosmetic group to make it easier for the staff to recognise who has taken part in CW training. Clarification:This is a person who is training FOR CW, not teaching others.

The Academy HQ topic has been revised. Please read it! https://sgta.forumotion.com/f18-announcements

SGTA CW training program is in full swing to get all of the info check the new Clan Wars section.
Important! You can only see all of the sub sections if you join the ACADEMY MEMBER group within the forum. Instructions on how to do that can be found here https://sgta.forumotion.com/t499-how-to-see-rest-of-the-cw-section

Found a use for this topic finally Smile

The Buddyprogram is approved and we are working on it currently.

Cosmetic change to the forum. Staff members now have a title and an icon under their name/avatar corresponding their rank. This to make them easier to recognize.

We have made an effort to make some changes to the curriculum. The goal was to include everything possible in the curriculum while not changing it too much. Hopefully we don't need to change it too much anymore. You should see the changes within few weeks.

We will add something crucial that has been missing also. Graduation. With our curriculum being as big it is it's not realistic to assume for students to learn everything it. Instead we will have graduation from different sections. For example the first step is to graduate from Basics. You will added to the list of graduates here in the forum and get a badge in TeamSpeak. Details on how to graduate will come with the new curriculum.

There is also new Calendar in the works by IronClaw. It will many new features including sign ups straight from the calendar.

That's all I say for now, but there will be more news to follow very soon.

We will have an announcement about 7/42 soon in the announcement section soon.

But more importantly there will be open positions in staff very shortly. A topic with detailed descriptions and requirements will be posted soon as well.

Last edited by Vallu01 on Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:30 am; edited 9 times in total
Vallu01
Vallu01
ADMIN
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Behind the scenes Empty Re: Behind the scenes

Post  PointyHairedJedi Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:10 am

Thanks for keeping us updated. Smile
PointyHairedJedi
PointyHairedJedi
INSTRUCTOR
INSTRUCTOR

https://www.youtube.com/user/PointyHairedJedi

Back to top Go down

Post  SteelToedSneakers Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:39 am

I think the changes are mostly good!

What I'm a bit concerned about is my work keeping me busy at weird hours, so I might be unable to attend classes some periods. I am however trying to toon every day, and I try to be on TS when I do.
SteelToedSneakers
SteelToedSneakers

http://www.kittelsaa.com

Back to top Go down

Post  AndyScouser Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:58 am

Agreed, thanks for the communication. I cant guarantee ill be available *every time* im playing as i also platoon with my young son who lives with his mother, but yep after he's gone to bed ill be available.
AndyScouser
AndyScouser

Back to top Go down

Post  CountOfTuscany Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:26 am

Thanks for keeping us updated. I wondered where Kawa has gone, but now I understand.

BoosB, MontyBurns and Sapaki, good luck with your promotions!
CountOfTuscany
CountOfTuscany

Back to top Go down

Post  HowTheStoryEnds Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:54 am

SteelToedSneakers wrote:I think the changes are mostly good!

What I'm a bit concerned about is my work keeping me busy at weird hours, so I might be unable to attend classes some periods. I am however trying to toon every day, and I try to be on TS when I do.

I'm going to have to second this and voice my similar concerns. :-\
HowTheStoryEnds
HowTheStoryEnds
Guide
Guide

Back to top Go down

Post  Vallu01 Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:34 am

Private classes are always available upon a request.

Old style chatbox is back. The integrated one had some flaws.
Vallu01
Vallu01
ADMIN
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post  ABCWarrrior Wed May 01, 2013 10:40 am

Thanks. Just a couple of points re training sessions though.

First it would be really good, and I mean REALLY good if when a training session is announced, the date of the session is put in the topic title. That way you don't have to go into every one to find out the date to see if you can attend, or keep mental track of ones that have gone.

Secondly, training is nearly always weekends. I don't get much chance to tank at weekends, so some mid week evening sessions would be much appreciated. I understand though if instructor's other commitments make this difficult.

Cheers

Tony

ABCWarrrior

Back to top Go down

Post  Ding760 Wed May 01, 2013 11:41 am

ABCWarrrior wrote:Thanks. Just a couple of points re training sessions though.

First it would be really good, and I mean REALLY good if when a training session is announced, the date of the session is put in the topic title. That way you don't have to go into every one to find out the date to see if you can attend, or keep mental track of ones that have gone.

Secondly, training is nearly always weekends. I don't get much chance to tank at weekends, so some mid week evening sessions would be much appreciated. I understand though if instructor's other commitments make this difficult.

Cheers

Tony

I understand and believe me when I say I sympathize with your point. In cases such as this...to make administration easier for Vallu, I can offer 1 on 1 teaching. I'm fairly confident I am proficient at almost all aspects of the game to a reasonable degree.

The only thing is for you to let me know beforehand or contact me in-game (as I might forget) if you see me. I have exams coming up soon and so I don't have much time. But I will try to make any such lessons available to you privately if I can.
Ding760
Ding760

Back to top Go down

Post  Vallu01 Wed May 01, 2013 7:17 pm

All future classes/trainings have the name of the class and date on the title, if they are done already the have [Completed] instead of the date. And of course all classes are on the calendar also. Can't personally help with mid week classes. I attend evening school during the week, so I'm usually too busy/stressed to do anything that requires being concentrated for a long time.
But for example tomorrow Wasp is holding Brawling class and last weeks Tuesday there was Peek-a-boo class, we try to aim to have at least 1 class during the week and 1 class on WE, each week.
I personally usually keep a class on Fridays as that's when I usually have time. But as Ding said you can always ask for 1on1 lessons, they are available whenever instructors have time for them. For example I can't promise I can keep class mid week, so I don't make an official one. That doesn't mean I won't have time to make 1on1 class during mid week, I might have time after all. My schedule is not set in stone Smile
Vallu01
Vallu01
ADMIN
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post  ABCWarrrior Wed May 01, 2013 9:14 pm

Cheers guys

ABCWarrrior

Back to top Go down

Post  Vallu01 Sat May 04, 2013 12:37 am

New welcoming PM has been created. This was originally going to include hyperlinks, but due to limits of the forum it's not possible after all. I was going to send it as a newsletter also, but that works even worse. You can't use paragraphs for example, no underlining, bold letters, zero text editing. So all automated PMs and emails have ended up much simpler than intended.

A mission statement has been posted as it's own topic, this is small summary of what SGTA tries to achieve.

A warning email has been sent to those who haven't logged into to the forum for a week, they have 3 days to login into the forum before they are excluded from SGTA. Please make sure you login when you visit the forum.

How things work here (a.k.a READ THIS!!!) and TeamSpeak 3 topics have been totally revamped. Please read the former carefully as it includes all the rules you need to follow from now on. The activity rules especially will be followed more strictly from now on. We have a long waiting list and we want to ensure free space goes to those who are active.
TS3 topic in the other hand now includes instructions on how to install and configure it.

The revision of the curriculum is almost ready, after that the class material will be changed to reflect the new curriculum. Classes will stay mostly the same with new ones added.

That's all for now.
Vallu01
Vallu01
ADMIN
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post  Vallu01 Thu May 23, 2013 3:35 am

Our old TS is no longer in use, PHJs server is de facto SGTA server. Official announcement and updated TS topic will be made shortly. You might see some changes to the structure of the TS and changes to the permission. For now they all are temporary, if you have any problems regarding the TS server itself, contact me or PHJ. You might see some famous streamers or Youtubers in the bottom channels from time to time. DO NOT DISTURB THEM. At worst you might be kicked from SGTA if you do.
For all those who still don't know the address is:
london2.teamspeak.net:17977
Password for SGTA section:
proacademy

The SGTA Staff is happy to see more and more using the Academy HQ channel lately. It will receive a topic it deserves soon, explaining how and why to join it.

Everybody is buzzing about the new CW Campaign. At the moment it is quite safe to say that SGTA will take part. More news regarding this early next week.

I also edited the forum permission so now only Staff members can create topics on Announcement section. This is because the section was created for official clan wide announcements, not for goodbye/afk topics. Those belong to General Discussion.
Vallu01
Vallu01
ADMIN
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post  Vallu01 Mon May 27, 2013 8:19 am

Our Teamspeak has officially moved to this address london2.teamspeak.net:17977 or alternatively you can use sgta.teamspeak.net
No password needed.

The server will have several different Server groups.
Server Admins. [PHJ and Vallu01] They have rights to change almost anything on the server. If you have problems, contact a Server Admin.
Behind the scenes 18general Deputy Commander. Has rights move people, create channels, put people to server groups below instructor and so on.
Behind the scenes 15brigadiergeneral Instructor. Official SGTA instructor, has same TS rights as DC.
Behind the scenes 14colonel Staff. SGTA staff member, has same rights as an instructor, except he is not an official SGTA instructor.
Behind the scenes 08mastersergeant SGTA Graduate. This member has graduated from SGTA. Can use the SGTA part of the TS.
Behind the scenes Sgtalogomini SGTA Member. Is part of the SGTA clan. Note that instructors also have this icon, not just students.

Everyone that has Staff or higher ranking will have a tag next to their name, making them easier to distinguish.

Plans have been made for the CW Campaign. List of preferred tanks, sign up and training schedule will be announced on Monday. Just a heads up, first training will be next Wednesday.
Vallu01
Vallu01
ADMIN
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post  Vallu01 Fri May 31, 2013 5:17 am

Few more groups for TS.

Behind the scenes 19marshall Commander (EUROBrit). Self explanatory.
Behind the scenes 05sergeant CW Trainee. Purely a cosmetic group to make it easier for the staff to recognise who has taken part in CW training. Clarification:This is a person who is training FOR CW, not teaching others.

The Academy HQ topic has been revised. Please read it! https://sgta.forumotion.com/f18-announcements

SGTA CW training program is in full swing to get all of the info check the new Clan Wars section.
Important! You can only see all of the sub sections if you join the ACADEMY MEMBER group within the forum. Instructions on how to do that can be found here https://sgta.forumotion.com/t499-how-to-see-rest-of-the-cw-section

Last edited by Vallu01 on Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Vallu01
Vallu01
ADMIN
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post  Vallu01 Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:00 am

Found a use for this topic finally Smile

The Buddyprogram is approved and we are working on it currently.

Cosmetic change to the forum. Staff members now have a title and an icon under their name/avatar corresponding their rank. This to make them easier to recognize.
Vallu01
Vallu01
ADMIN
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post  Vallu01 Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:16 am

We have made an effort to make some changes to the curriculum. The goal was to include everything possible in the curriculum while not changing it too much. Hopefully we don't need to change it too much anymore. You should see the changes within few weeks.

We will add something crucial that has been missing also. Graduation. With our curriculum being as big it is it's not realistic to assume for students to learn everything it. Instead we will have graduation from different sections. For example the first step is to graduate from Basics. You will added to the list of graduates here in the forum and get a badge in TeamSpeak. Details on how to graduate will come with the new curriculum.

There is also new Calendar in the works by IronClaw. It will many new features including sign ups straight from the calendar.

That's all I say for now, but there will be more news to follow very soon.
Vallu01
Vallu01
ADMIN
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post  Vallu01 Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:29 am

We will have an announcement about 7/42 soon in the announcement section soon.

But more importantly there will be open positions in staff very shortly. A topic with detailed descriptions and requirements will be posted soon as well.
Vallu01
Vallu01
ADMIN
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum