SGTA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Chatbox
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» The AFK thread
by Tecuani Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:15 am

» Basic - Camouflage and spotting - 26th of November - 19:30UTC
by ZerONRNS Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:42 am

» SGTA is moving!
by Vallu01 Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:57 am

» Trying to understand the T-34...
by Vallu01 Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:53 am

» Hello from Prometheus
by Pendergast Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:15 am

» Repeat of peek-a-boo lesson?
by JosefSvejk Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:57 pm

» M46 Patton, wat to do .vs TD division
by Rajahz Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:46 am

» T-44 Patrol Duty
by Wen90 Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:45 am

» Peek a boo lesson
by Madhias Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:51 am

Jumping in !

+2
SteelToedSneakers
SomeFrenchDude
6 posters

Go down

Jumping in ! Empty Jumping in !

Post  SomeFrenchDude Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:04 am

In Game Nickname: SomeFrenchDude
Usable Languages: English and French. A tiny little bit of German.
Previous Clan: None.
Favorite Type Of Tanks (Heavy, Medium, Light... ): I prefer light tanks it seems, but I haven't played very much so far, so I can't say that's my favorite. I enjoy TDs as well.
Tanks Owned : My notable possessions are a Panzer IV, an SU-76 (soon to be SU-85B), an AMX 40 (grinding to ELC AMX), and an M8A1. (I have others but they're Tier II tanks that I'm just "trying out").
Win Rate : My win rate is 45%.
Match Played : 576.
How did You hear about SGTA?: I found a post by Ding on the forums in the "looking for a clan" section. SGTA had caught my eye a few months ago, but then I sort of stopped playing and when I came back the forum had changed its address and I couldn't find you guys any more.
Why are you applying to SGTA: At least a couple reasons.
- I'm not very good at this game. I really do feel like I have room to improve, and I do enjoy playing. I can't think of a better way to improve than to listen to the advice given to me by better, more experienced players.
- I feel like this is the sort of game that is best played with other people that I know. I have a friend who platoons with me often, but knowing 1 of the 14 people in my team really doesn't do much for "cohesion". I also love the feeling of being part of a team/clan/academy in any online game, as that is something I've done before (In Jedi Academy, Guild Wars and Minecraft).
- I feel like I can be a newb here, without fear of being mocked (too badly). Sometimes this game has me feeling completely ignorant, I like to be able to ask questions to people who have the answers.

Thanks for your time, hoping to be able to join your ranks soon,
SFD.

Last edited by SomeFrenchDude on Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:30 am; edited 1 time in total

SomeFrenchDude

Back to top Go down

Jumping in ! Empty Re: Jumping in !

Post  SteelToedSneakers Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:16 am

I remember the "I feel like a newbie"-feeling. Heck, I still feel like one, even though I'm not a newbie anymore.

When it comes to SGTA, you will find what you're looking for when it comes to toons. We love toons! And, we have instructors, and "older students" that are avilable for instruction when they are online. Actually, all members are avilable for toons, as it is really fun, and you'll learn a lot by tooning with different people.

If you see me online, just ask, and if I'm not already in a toon I'll join you for a few battles.
SteelToedSneakers
SteelToedSneakers

http://www.kittelsaa.com

Back to top Go down

Post  SomeFrenchDude Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:31 am

Thanks Steel, that's very nice to hear ! Looking forward to it.

SomeFrenchDude

Back to top Go down

Post  Ding760 Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:13 am

One thing you will notice is you won't get mocked for being a newbie in SGTA ,and any such 'mocking' is clearly a joke...don't worry, it's very obvious.

As SteelToedSneakeers said, almost everyone is available for platoons if you ask them. But I do think it's necessary to mention you will be required to attend classes also. Don't worry, you don't need to attend all of them, but say 1 or 2 a month I think would be the minimal. If you can do just that and have respect for everyone, you'll feel right at home in SGTA! Very Happy

Hope to see you soon! (And when I mean soon, I mean whenever the waiting list gets to you Q.Q)
Ding760
Ding760

Back to top Go down

Post  SomeFrenchDude Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:23 am

Thank you for the warm welcome Ding !
I wish this waiting list moved faster but it doesn't seem to go very fast... Which, I guess is a good thing for the current members ! It's okay, I'll be patient, it's not like it's a matter of LIFE and DEATH.

I realize I haven't mentioned the classes in my application, but that's definitely something I'd love to be a part of. It seems like a great way to learn.

SomeFrenchDude

Back to top Go down

Post  Rancidpunk Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:53 am

Welcome!
If you want to have someone to laugh at instead of be laughed at, platoon with me and I'll make some hilarious blunders, without the slightest provocation I'll charge off and make a fool of myself so memorably that it's the only thing you'll remember for days!
Rancidpunk
Rancidpunk
INSTRUCTOR
INSTRUCTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  SomeFrenchDude Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:50 am

Would it be wrong of me to want to platoon with SGTA members if I'm not technically a member, since there's the waiting list ?

SomeFrenchDude

Back to top Go down

Post  SteelToedSneakers Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:09 am

I don't think that it's wrong. It shows you're eager Smile
SteelToedSneakers
SteelToedSneakers

http://www.kittelsaa.com

Back to top Go down

Post  HowTheStoryEnds Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:24 am

you my add me: HowTheStoryEnds

I'm available quite a lot Smile
HowTheStoryEnds
HowTheStoryEnds
Guide
Guide

Back to top Go down

Post  Ding760 Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:49 am

SomeFrenchDude wrote:Would it be wrong of me to want to platoon with SGTA members if I'm not technically a member, since there's the waiting list ?

There is nothing wrong with this as indeed it shows you are eager.

In truth, the only difference between being an SGTA member and non-SGTA member is that SGTA members get priority places in classes and Tank Companies, hence if places run short in classes then SGTA members get invited and non-SGTA do not.

Also, you won't gain access to the in-game SGTA chat if you are not a member, and this chat is crucial in order to find platoonmates and get notifications on classes and Tank Companies.

The only other difference is only SGTA members may have the chance to use the Academy_Alpha account, non-SGTA members will never acquire permission.
Ding760
Ding760

Back to top Go down

Post  Vallu01 Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:38 am

SomeFrenchDude added to the waiting list https://sgta.forumotion.com/t227-academy-waiting-list#1887

Just pop in to TS or Academy HQ chat and you should find someone to platoon with.
Vallu01
Vallu01
ADMIN
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post  SomeFrenchDude Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:46 am

Okay, thank you all for the warm welcome Smile

SomeFrenchDude

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content