SGTA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Chatbox
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» The AFK thread
by Tecuani Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:15 am

» Basic - Camouflage and spotting - 26th of November - 19:30UTC
by ZerONRNS Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:42 am

» SGTA is moving!
by Vallu01 Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:57 am

» Trying to understand the T-34...
by Vallu01 Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:53 am

» Hello from Prometheus
by Pendergast Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:15 am

» Repeat of peek-a-boo lesson?
by JosefSvejk Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:57 pm

» M46 Patton, wat to do .vs TD division
by Rajahz Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:46 am

» T-44 Patrol Duty
by Wen90 Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:45 am

» Peek a boo lesson
by Madhias Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:51 am

Bayart's application

5 posters

Go down

Bayart's application Empty Bayart's application

Post  Bayart Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:01 am

In Game Nickname: Bayart
Usable Languages: French, English, tiny bits of Spanish and Italian
Previous Clan: None
Favorite Type Of Tanks (Heavy, Medium, Light... ): Tank destroyers ! I also like arties and Meds/Heavies with precise guns. Precision, mobility and ROF are of paramount importance to me.
I'm not much of the dog-fight kind of guy. I like being the cunt 400m away hiding in his camo rate. Though I sometimes have to put up a dog-fight, once in a while memorable.

Tanks Owned :
- German TDs up to the JagPzIV (only 19k to grind to get the JägerPanther, yeah)
- Russian TDs up to the SU-100
- French lights up to the AMX 12t
- German lights up to the VK28.01 (sold it)
- German meds up to the VK30.01H (sold it, going for the VK30.01D and the VK36.01 H)
- French heavies up to the B1
- UK lights up to the Crusader (sold it)
- Russian arties up to the SU-8 (60k before the SU-14).
And a Löwe.
The tanks I'm really keeping are the StuG III (best tank in the game IMO), the SU-85B and the ELC.

Win Rate : A whooping 47.09%. And it's getting lower, thanks to very crappy MM. But my ER is consistently going up. Went from 794 last week to (behold) 854 now.
Match Played : 2077 as I'm writing.
How did You hear about SGTA?: WoT's forums.

Why are you applying to SGTA: I'm at a place in the game where I feel that I'm competent enough where my technical knowledge of the game mecanics are concerned (I love theory crafting, thanks to my war-gaming background), and where I pull enough weight in any team to be valuable. But there are a lot of moments where I'm lost regarding the situation and where I don't know how to react and where to go. Yeah, I tactically suck and often brain-fart.
That's why I'm willing to join SGTA : I don't want to be an average player. Being average drives me mad. I want to be good, I want to be the guy who knows what to do and when, not the headless chicken that just tries to kill as many guys as he can. Because as it is right now, my own limitations and results are driving me insane.

PS : I made a typo in my email while registering, and had to register a second time. It would be kind if an admin could delete my first account (Bayart) and rename this one.

Last edited by Bayart2 on Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:42 am; edited 3 times in total
Bayart
Bayart

Back to top Go down

Bayart's application Empty Re: Bayart's application

Post  Ding760 Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:50 am

Hey Bayart! I remember you from the forums.

Just one thing to note, once you are accepted into the academy, you should be aiming for around 55% win ratio. At 47% WR at 2000 battles you are actually slightly below average (48%). But that's no problem, the reason I'm saying that is to make sure you place yourself in perspective Smile We don't judge you on your performance in SGTA, but we do expect everyone to try to become better..and that's why you're applying! Very Happy

Your intentions are very admirable as you stated you want to be the guy who KNOWS what to do. I loved that, because that'll force you to go further than most people Smile
Ding760
Ding760

Back to top Go down

Post  Bayart Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:11 am

Ding760 wrote:
Just one thing to note, once you are accepted into the academy, you should be aiming for around 55% win ratio. At 47% WR at 2000 battles you are actually slightly below average (48%). But that's no problem, the reason I'm saying that is to make sure you place yourself in perspective Smile

Hi, I'm not so much concerned about WR. Having big numbers is fine (who doesn't want a 62% WR ? Hell, I'd like an 82% one), but my main concern is really being able to consistently play in a way that I'll really keep having fun and not being frustrated half of the time. Because right now I can make very good games but also very bad ones, and I don't feel like I'm delivering as well as I could.

Ding760 wrote:
Your intentions are very admirable as you stated you want to be the guy who KNOWS what to do. I loved that, because that'll force you to go further than most people Smile
Thanks Smile
Bayart
Bayart

Back to top Go down

Post  theLastLivingGhost Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:02 am

Bayart wrote:my main concern is really being able to consistently play in a way that I'll really keep having fun and not being frustrated half of the time

I don't want to demotivate you but as you get better don't think the level of frustration decreases. The better you play the more you will hate when no matter how big numbers you have achieved in dmg/kills/etc, your team still loses. Wink
theLastLivingGhost
theLastLivingGhost

Back to top Go down

Post  Bayart Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:10 am

Well there's always a certain rate of braindead monkeys. That's the nature of random battles. I've seen guys doing 9 kills and still lose. But I want to get to a point where I really do all I can all the time, and in an effective way.
Bayart
Bayart

Back to top Go down

Post  Lazypete Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:23 am

Oh I remember one of those... one of my best game ever with the loosing team on my side.

6 Kills with SU-26, Mastery badge class Ace Tanker, Top Gun, Sniper
I even got defender with my last shell... but that still left a Churchill 1 and another tank to kill .. with no shells left..

I loved that game.. just got frustrated to be the only one playing on my team.

But the game that really make me mad are those where I don't do squat...
Like I get one shoted by arty when I haven't even fired a shell... those make me mad.
Lazypete
Lazypete

Back to top Go down

Post  Lazypete Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:25 am

Bayart2 wrote:Well there's always a certain rate of braindead monkeys. That's the nature of random battles.

You make me think about a guy once who said:

In random battles there are no fail team, both team are fail team, only, there's one worst than the other.

It's been my moto since. I think it's full of wiseness and make me much less frustrated when we loose.
Lazypete
Lazypete

Back to top Go down

Post  Bayart Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:38 am

Lazypete wrote:
6 Kills with SU-26, Mastery badge class Ace Tanker, Top Gun, Sniper
I even got defender with my last shell... but that still left a Churchill 1 and another tank to kill .. with no shells left..

Hahaha, the curse of the SU-26. I loved that little tank (that turret What a Face ), but the ammo count did get me to rage more than once (more than the range that makes you moving all the time). I still managed to scout and cap at the end of a few battles with it.
Bayart
Bayart

Back to top Go down

Post  Vallu01 Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:29 pm

Bayart added to the waiting list https://sgta.forumotion.com/t227-academy-waiting-list#1887

Took me while to figure out, but finally managed to delete the non-activated account and change your current accounts name Smile
Vallu01
Vallu01
ADMIN
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post  Bayart Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:19 am

Vallu01 wrote:Bayart added to the waiting list https://sgta.forumotion.com/t227-academy-waiting-list#1887
Thanks, I'll keep checking the forums to see my name moving up the list.

Vallu01 wrote:
Took me while to figure out, but finally managed to delete the non-activated account and change your current accounts name Smile
Thank you very much. I screwed up but I didn't feel like spending the rest of my time with a "2" appended to my nick.
Bayart
Bayart

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down