SGTA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Chatbox
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» The AFK thread
by Tecuani Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:15 am

» Basic - Camouflage and spotting - 26th of November - 19:30UTC
by ZerONRNS Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:42 am

» SGTA is moving!
by Vallu01 Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:57 am

» Trying to understand the T-34...
by Vallu01 Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:53 am

» Hello from Prometheus
by Pendergast Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:15 am

» Repeat of peek-a-boo lesson?
by JosefSvejk Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:57 pm

» M46 Patton, wat to do .vs TD division
by Rajahz Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:46 am

» T-44 Patrol Duty
by Wen90 Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:45 am

» Peek a boo lesson
by Madhias Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:51 am

Wolfpack-weekend - special offers on Ger. Prem-meds

+5
Ding760
AndyScouser
Warheart1992
RoninRage
Brainfarter
9 posters

Go down

Wolfpack-weekend - special offers on Ger. Prem-meds Empty Wolfpack-weekend - special offers on Ger. Prem-meds

Post  Brainfarter Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:28 am

Hi there

The upcoming weekend special "Wolf Pack" sounds really good.

Has anyone experience with the two 50%-off tanks in this special?

Panther/M10 - normal price 5750g now 2875g
Pz.Kpfw. IV Schmalturm - normal price 3750g now 1875g

I had tons of fun back in the tier V PzKpfwIV before the nerf - but is it comparable to this one? The prize doesnt scare me much, so it might be worth a try.
How about the Panther/M10 - the adjusted mm takes out tier9-matches so it could be fun to meet at max tier 8 games - or?

I could use a prem-med grinder for my 3-4 keeper tanks from german medium line (VK3601 / Indien Pz / E50M / Leopard).

With the 50% off it might be time to get one....

/Dingster

Brainfarter
Brainfarter
Lead Guide
Lead Guide

Back to top Go down

Wolfpack-weekend - special offers on Ger. Prem-meds Empty Re: Wolfpack-weekend - special offers on Ger. Prem-meds

Post  RoninRage Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:07 am

Hi Dingster!

I own a Panzer 4 Schmalturm. I got horrible stats with it but this should not put fear to you. Because i played it several times without using it's possibilities. As you may see on the tanks stats it is not the most mobile Tier 6 medium. But it has a good acurate and fast firing gun and a strong turret. Which means hulldown it is a really good tank (this is what i did wrong for a Long time with it) I know you can't watch this replay any more (without some "hacks") but if a noob like me gets sometimes results like this with it, it can't be that bad ;-)

Panzer 4s Himmelsdorf

Also don't forget that it's income now with 8.6 would be higher i don't have the exact factor in my mind.
I can't compare it to the old Panzer 4 this was before my WoT time.

Greetz
Ronin
RoninRage
RoninRage
Guide
Guide

Back to top Go down

Wolfpack-weekend - special offers on Ger. Prem-meds Empty Re: Wolfpack-weekend - special offers on Ger. Prem-meds

Post  Warheart1992 Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:42 am

Hello , first of all to specify that I dont have any of those tanks in my posession , but faced em pretty damn often . The PzIV Schmalturm lacks any reason of being in the battlefield , its basically a slower VK3001H .Sure , the cannon and turret offer some advantages , but the abysmal hp to weight ratio and the non existant side armor ( those side skirts are more for shows) can make you a pretty fragile target. Few days ago I shot one on the sides with a derp M4 ( no HEAT ) and to my surprise it got a pen .Anyway , if you enjoy a fragile sniper with some hulldown capabilities ( cause -8 depression is enough for some basic hulldown ) then sure , go for it .

Panther/M10 seems to me to follow a different path. I think its more of a "brawler" version of normal Panther . Havent seen anyone having fun with it , with minor exceptions .Still fragile , and susceptible to full arty damage when shot on sides , its more of a niche tank imo . If I were you and wanted a crew trainer/grinder for german meds , I would get a T-25 when on discount and keep the VK3601 in accelerated crew training . For prems to earn money , you have to do the appropriate damage ,and the nature of those tanks make it kinda difficult .
Warheart1992
Warheart1992

Back to top Go down

Post  Brainfarter Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:31 am

Thx for the input both of you.
Only the Leopard PTA is not fully researched (swapping into Leopard asap), so actually I can just keep the three others at accelerated crew training.
Hm... might just be a lack of projects in my garage that im looking for a new premium?
Instead i could actually try and improve my skills on the existing 25 tanks? Now thats an idea!
Brainfarter
Brainfarter
Lead Guide
Lead Guide

Back to top Go down

Post  AndyScouser Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:14 am

Ive got the PZIVS, its a great little lank that can do wonders....and fail totally too, i'm not sure of win rates but its probably average for my skill.

Plus points, that gun... OMG, 150pen on a T6 tank with laser accuracy and very fast RoF can see well over 2K damage a game, i consider a bad game to be 1K damage, even in T8 battles which I seem to be in all of the time.  Even in the T8 battles, dont be too fearful, with that pen and accuracy you can damage a lot.
I use mine everyday, normally my first game and has trained my PZIV, VK3601 and now my noob VK3001(P) is seeing the benefit.

Money wise, meh, nothing spectacular but you always will walk away reasonably happy.

Bad points, slow.....too slow to act as a medium, its a mid-long range sniper unless on the rare occation you are a in a T6 battle.

for the half price offer id snap this little T6 panther up in an instance.

OOI, ive had many comments of 'gold noob pz4s', ill always reply, 'nah, just a noob'... ive never used gold rounds, you just dont need them
AndyScouser
AndyScouser

Back to top Go down

Post  Ding760 Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:46 am

Both of those tanks are difficult to play for average players in my opinion.
Ding760
Ding760

Back to top Go down

Post  crazytony0 Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:21 am

i got a pzm10 and i realy dont like it. I keep on insisting to play it without prem ammo, and 150 pen is hell at tier 7, the tier with some of the best armoured tanks (T29, tiger (P), amx m4, is,..) and you also lack the mobility to flank easily, and the armour to resist hits. Playing good in this tank depends more on your luck with MM then on your own skillz. Realy, i regret buying this one. I have much more fun in my t-25, and planning to buy a pz4 tomorow, as at least that one battles a tier lower with the same gun as pzvM10

crazytony0

Back to top Go down

Post  CountOfTuscany Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:21 pm

Dingster wrote:Hi there

The upcoming weekend special "Wolf Pack" sounds really good.

Has anyone experience with the two 50%-off tanks in this special?

Panther/M10 - normal price 5750g now 2875g
Pz.Kpfw. IV Schmalturm - normal price 3750g now 1875g

If you take a look at the ingame shop, you ll see that those tanks are not sold for 2875g and 1875g, but rather 2,5 k and 4k (30% discount).
CountOfTuscany
CountOfTuscany

Back to top Go down

Post  Boos B Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:22 pm

I missed it Sad
Boos B
Boos B
INSTRUCTOR
INSTRUCTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  BadGene616 Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:52 am

I bought a Pz IVs during this event and I've just had chance to use it

I've also got a T25

The Pz IVs is surprisingly a bit like the Lowe. It's got butter armor on the hull, but the turret is decent. The gun is adequate for the tier and the tank is slow as hell so you're less likely to run into trouble. On the whole, it's decent.

The T25 - not part of the original post but I bought this a long time ago, hoping it would be a big version of the S35. The T25 is not a tank I like to be honest. It's fast, but slow to accelerate. It's got a decent gun, but it's inaccurate. It's got well sloped armor, but not enough of it to bounce much. It's also tall, but does have good gun depression. On the whole, for every advantage of this tank, there is a pretty glaring disadvantage.

If you want a fun medium, but it only has 3 crew slots, the S35 is great. It suffers a bit at tier V, but at Tier 3 it is very strong.

The other german prem (other than the Lowe) that I would strongly recommend is the T15. It's a great little tank. Worth a look...

BadGene616

Back to top Go down

Post  CountOfTuscany Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:51 am

T-25 is by no means some kind of sniper tank. it's gun is best used at mid range (so a lack of accuracy won't be that much of a problem).
it can reposition fast, but it's turret traverse and hull traverse (and thus mobility) is really poor. Always preaim when you go flanking, peekabooing, whatever.

Pro's:
-gun depression (like a m4 sherman)
- turret at the front of the tank
- HP pool similar to heavies of it's tier.
- top speed
CountOfTuscany
CountOfTuscany

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down