SGTA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Chatbox
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» The AFK thread
by Tecuani Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:15 am

» Basic - Camouflage and spotting - 26th of November - 19:30UTC
by ZerONRNS Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:42 am

» SGTA is moving!
by Vallu01 Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:57 am

» Trying to understand the T-34...
by Vallu01 Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:53 am

» Hello from Prometheus
by Pendergast Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:15 am

» Repeat of peek-a-boo lesson?
by JosefSvejk Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:57 pm

» M46 Patton, wat to do .vs TD division
by Rajahz Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:46 am

» T-44 Patrol Duty
by Wen90 Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:45 am

» Peek a boo lesson
by Madhias Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:51 am

The AFK thread

+45
sC_TrueG
glooscap
Kokotni
TANKOPPRESSION
lophius
we_just_dinged_em
MadFelineHoarder
Brainfarter
tiagojmf
Inorien
Daeworn
IronClaw
BadGene616
bouli_ab
Grey2k
RedDrago
jordancurtis
Tecuani
fluffy_paw
ABCWarrrior
Gorritakid
BehemothNL
BioDust
nilzatron
glisa_dejan
VonTrox
Shufuni
PointyHairedJedi
AndyScouser
lostplace
Sapaki
Etairos
dacinui
CountOfTuscany
gottenss
Skeith00
Lemmingtrain
Boos B
Khul
HowTheStoryEnds
Ding760
AlibaMamad
Arexander
Vallu01
SteelToedSneakers
49 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

The AFK thread - Page 7 Empty Re: The AFK thread

Post  CountOfTuscany Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:07 am

CountOfTuscany wrote:I've had it with this game. I don't enjoy it anymore. To much grinding, bad MM, teams with a total lack of basic tactics and an incompetent me. I'm taking a break for an unknown amount of time. I might just hang around on the SGTA forums, since this is a pretty cool community, but I won't play (in that case I should download and install the game again).

Maybe I'm back in a week, maybe in a month or whatever, I don't know.
le me is back. see ya on the battlefields and in the Academy channel.
CountOfTuscany
CountOfTuscany

Back to top Go down

Post  Sapaki Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:43 am

Welcome back mate!
Sapaki
Sapaki
His Royal Majesty the Admissions Officer of the Clan Himself

Back to top Go down

Post  CountOfTuscany Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:07 am

Sapaki wrote:Welcome back mate!
T(h)anks!
CountOfTuscany
CountOfTuscany

Back to top Go down

Post  Grayarea Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:52 am

AFK for two weeks in the sun Smile

Regards,

Gray.

Grayarea

Back to top Go down

Post  MadFelineHoarder Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:52 am

Still being AFK... I know BehemothNL has spoken to the other instructors about this, but I felt I should mention it myself. I'm struggling with burn-out, and have been doing that during the entire autumn. I did play some games recently, and I want to come back to the game so badly, it's almost ridiculous, but I know I'll drop from the face of the earth again if I try too hard.

So, I'll continue to lay low, but I might pop out and play a few games here and there, just to see if I'm getting any better or not (let's just say I'm glad I wasn't reported for being a bot after that first game this Wednesday... I was so confused, I couldn't even comprehend the difference between what happened on the map, and the game itself, resulting in me trying to drive through walls etc... It's scary when your brain doesn't respond properly... Sad  ).

I might also run into some of you guys, in the chat on HF's livestream on Wednesdays. I need to get my WoT-fix somehow, right, so I'm usually hanging around there. I'm too tired to follow my other favourite WoT streamers, unfortunately.

As soon as I start to feel better again, I look forward to start participating in the lessons, since I didn't even manage that before, metaphorically speaking, slamming headfirst into that infamous wall.
MadFelineHoarder
MadFelineHoarder

Back to top Go down

Post  Sapaki Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:11 am

Saw your topic on the forums... You are coming back slowly, take your time, and if you quit altogehter no big harm done either. You are here to have fun. If not, then don't push yourself.

I heard that tooning with a certain noob makes some people laugh. You should try it from time to time.
Sapaki
Sapaki

Back to top Go down

Post  MadFelineHoarder Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:52 am

Sapaki wrote:Saw your topic on the forums... You are coming back slowly, take your time, and if you quit altogehter no big harm done either. You are here to have fun. If not, then don't push yourself.

I heard that tooning with a certain noob makes some people laugh. You should try it from time to time.
I don't want to quit SGTA (or WoT), since one of my goals of returning to WoT, was to become better at the game, and that's something you guys can help with.

Who's this mysterious noob?
MadFelineHoarder
MadFelineHoarder

Back to top Go down

Post  Boos B Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:02 am

Sapaki wrote:Saw your topic on the forums... You are coming back slowly, take your time, and if you quit altogehter no big harm done either. You are here to have fun. If not, then don't push yourself.

You are too polite. Who are you and what did you do to Sapaki?

But I definitely agree with you. A burn-out is a very heavy mental strain. You first. We will not leave (not all of us anyway.) Ping us when you want to relax a little in game. You can also bother me in the TS when you want to talk.
Boos B
Boos B
INSTRUCTOR
INSTRUCTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  nilzatron Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:38 am

MadFelineHoarder wrote:Still being AFK... I know BehemothNL has spoken to the other instructors about this, but I felt I should mention it myself. I'm struggling with burn-out, and have been doing that during the entire autumn. I did play some games recently, and I want to come back to the game so badly, it's almost ridiculous, but I know I'll drop from the face of the earth again if I try too hard.
Hang in there. We're in the same boat. I've been at home since June now. I have been "lucky" to be well enough to at least be able to play games, but half the time that is pretty much all I can do. The ups and downs can get pretty frustrating. Just, whatever you do, do not push yourself past your limit.

Long walks and (for me) bike rides in the countryside help me a lot. The combination of moderate exercise, nature and the peace and quiet of being away from traffic, tv's, music, mobile phones and people really help me to relax and recharge. Give it a try if you haven't already.
nilzatron
nilzatron
Guide
Guide

Back to top Go down

Post  glisa_dejan Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:19 am

Due to family problems, some time I will not be so active in the game, with the hope that the problem will be resolved soon, see you all on the battlefield
glisa_dejan
glisa_dejan

Back to top Go down

Post  WarxOfx23Th Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:16 am

I'm gone from time to time, school and my bad pc are in the way.
WarxOfx23Th
WarxOfx23Th

Back to top Go down

Post  MadFelineHoarder Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:53 am

nilzatron wrote:
MadFelineHoarder wrote:Still being AFK... I know BehemothNL has spoken to the other instructors about this, but I felt I should mention it myself. I'm struggling with burn-out, and have been doing that during the entire autumn. I did play some games recently, and I want to come back to the game so badly, it's almost ridiculous, but I know I'll drop from the face of the earth again if I try too hard.
Hang in there. We're in the same boat. I've been at home since June now. I have been "lucky" to be well enough to at least be able to play games, but half the time that is pretty much all I can do. The ups and downs can get pretty frustrating. Just, whatever you do, do not push yourself past your limit.

Long walks and (for me) bike rides in the countryside help me a lot. The combination of moderate exercise, nature and the peace and quiet of being away from traffic, tv's, music, mobile phones and people really help me to relax and  recharge. Give it a try if you haven't already.
I have problems with my ability to concentrate and focus, plus my memory is not working as intended, which is why I can't platy as much as I want to. I want to return so badly it's almost sad, and I've participated in my first two lessons (yay!), and I'm trying to be more active, but I can feel myself getting exhausted again... If I do something I enjoy, I have a hard time to stop doing it, which means I overexert myself constantly.

Trust me, I'm staying away from people as much as I can (but I do that naturally since I'm quite unsocial/introverted) and I try to take daily walks. I think I might be returning slowly, but we'll see what happens.
MadFelineHoarder
MadFelineHoarder

Back to top Go down

Post  Boos B Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:57 pm

It was a pleasure having you in the training, but keep track of yourself! As you can see, more of us have been there Wink
Boos B
Boos B
INSTRUCTOR
INSTRUCTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Tecuani Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:15 am

Due to work in India I will be offline, until the beginning of january.

Good luck everybody, see you in January!

Tec
Tecuani
Tecuani

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7