SGTA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Chatbox
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» The AFK thread
by Tecuani Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:15 am

» Basic - Camouflage and spotting - 26th of November - 19:30UTC
by ZerONRNS Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:42 am

» SGTA is moving!
by Vallu01 Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:57 am

» Trying to understand the T-34...
by Vallu01 Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:53 am

» Hello from Prometheus
by Pendergast Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:15 am

» Repeat of peek-a-boo lesson?
by JosefSvejk Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:57 pm

» M46 Patton, wat to do .vs TD division
by Rajahz Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:46 am

» T-44 Patrol Duty
by Wen90 Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:45 am

» Peek a boo lesson
by Madhias Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:51 am

Kv1 Battles

+3
BehemothNL
RoninRage
Dannyboy
7 posters

Go down

Kv1 Battles Empty Kv1 Battles

Post  Dannyboy Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:36 am

Here's a couple of games in my Kv1- Improvements and what i did well are most welcome(which may sound silly but if i know what exactly i did well i know what to replicate in future games). Hope they work

http://wotreplays.com/site/354576#abbey-dannyboy321-kv-1

Went afk for 30secs near the beginning as you can see, otherwise decent game, outplayed by T1 heavy at the end, looking for ways to have improved there

http://wotreplays.com/site/354577#ensk-dannyboy321-kv-1

http://wotreplays.com/site/354578#arctic_region-dannyboy321-kv-1

Nice game, such a shame at the end. I knew it would kill me to fire but.. the pressure got to me ;)Missed out on another top gun :'(

Dannyboy

Back to top Go down

Kv1 Battles Empty Re: Kv1 Battles

Post  RoninRage Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:33 am

Hi just had a look thru your replays. Please bear in mind i'm a student here also so don't take my thoughts to serios and possibly the one or other instructor or more experienced player has other ideas. But i will start with my feedback

In general:
Good, you use consumables but try a different layout: 1st medkit, 2nd repairkit and 3rd fire extinguisher. Why: if i am right you should simply press 4 4 to heal your driver and more important in some situations 5 5 fixes your tracks. MOST IMPORTANT: remap the 6 key to space so when you are on fire you only need to hit the space key and don't hit the wrong key like it seems to me you did in the abbey battle.
HE: you carry HE which is a good idea to decap or kill arty but I think 15 is a bit much (with this ammo load out on AP it is not a problem but on other tanks it might get one)

1st Battle Abbey:
I am not sure if it is a good idea to lemmingtrain the center there at least if there is arty in the game. I would have gone with the Churchill or the M4 (left or right flank) but possibly it is just sort of personal favor of me to sometimes die as the lonely idiotice hero alone on a flank Very Happy . As you seen in this situation your team blocked each other and each others shots in the narrow passs through and if the enemy TD's played it smart on the hill of the enemy spawn most of your team would get killed there.
T1 situation: the fire was bad luck and i meantioned a possible improvement on this above. On the other hand the KV-1 should be able to outgun him but only if you don't show him your side armor which is weak. The front could bounce the one or other shot and deppendent on his penetration he is only able to hit you through the weakspots (driver viewport, MG port and possibly lower plate)

2nd Battle Ensk:
Though one against VK 36.01h and KV-1s but I think you might have increased your survivability by sidescrapping just look out there are now and then lessons in this discipline also the theroy is mentioned in the ciriculum (Not sure if this links work if not go to the ciriculum page and look thru it))

3rd arctic region:
In some points a nice one. Just one or two points: first if there is a TD in the game on this map it is almost sure that he is camping the ridge at F/G 4. So if you moved a bit forward when shooting the PZ III/IV and the KV-1 you would have been save from his shots behind the rock. Also i might have been going for their cap at the end because it seems the Stug was on the way to your cap so you would have outcapped him OR be possible to place yourself in a better definsive position to kill him if he returns on the other hand he has a better view range and camo value than the KV-1 so a tough situation and hard to decide what to do. Also I think I would have repaired the engine.

Just my 2 cents possibly somebody more experienced has also something to mention on it or proves me wrong Wink 

And a little question is only the replay showing 6-9 FPS or are you playing on this because if so it might make sense to look on your graphics settings or use something like a compressed texture mod.

Greets
Ronin
RoninRage
RoninRage
Guide
Guide

Back to top Go down

Post  Dannyboy Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:08 am

Thanks for the feeback, yeah i get 6-9 fps. Graphics settings all at minimum. Tried a compressed textures thing, dont think i placed it in the right place, will try again.

Dannyboy

Back to top Go down

Post  BehemothNL Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:12 am

From what I can see is that your general weak spot knowledge is good. Some mistakes are made with using the repairkit though..
In the Artic Region game, you repaired your damaged track instead of your damaged engine. Damaged tracks/Fuel tanks don't do anything to your tank.
Only when destroyed they account for something. Destroyed tracks meaning disabled movement and destroyed tracks meaning being on fire.
And overangling of your tank. the side of a KV-1/KV-1S/KV-2/KV-3/KV-13 means being shot in the engine and most likely being on fire or damaged engines.
So angle the KV but not to much like you do.

And I do hope that you can up the framerate somwhat. The FPS and ping is affecting your performance in your games.
You can only improve! So watch for classes on Angling, Weakspots. And reconfigure your keys like said above
BehemothNL
BehemothNL
INSTRUCTOR
INSTRUCTOR

https://www.youtube.com/user/sNiPeReLiTeNL

Back to top Go down

Post  Dannyboy Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:36 am

Thanks for the advice Behemoth. Perhaps i shouldn't mention that i press all the keys 4-6 randomly until i repair something/out out a fair... Razz So yeah.. i'll start to use those properly in the future.

Will take on the angling point. And... as for weakspots.. you overestimate me Wink I know about aiming for lower plate/sides/rears if possible, but i dont know specific ones such as drivers port or whatsnot.. which is where exactly by the way on the Kv1?

P.s. The games i played there happened to be better than how i normally play but ssssh Razz

Dannyboy

Back to top Go down

Post  RoninRage Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:49 am

Have a look there KV-1 Armor model to see some weekspots ... 
The Crew and modul model is accessible only for registered users. So sorry but you can look there thru tanks up to tier 5 or 6 armor model for weakspots.
RoninRage
RoninRage
Guide
Guide

Back to top Go down

Post  Brainfarter Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:20 am

As for finding weakspots I usually go to www.wotdb.info.
From there pick the tank you want to explore and then click "vulnerability" in the window that pops up. From there you can see weakspots on all angles.

Im not sure its the best / most comprehensive page around for it - but has gotten me to 10k battles so far.

If you need more on this, you can get someone with a tank of the sort you want to know about to go in training room with you and try some shots from different angles.
Brainfarter
Brainfarter
Lead Guide
Lead Guide

Back to top Go down

Post  CountOfTuscany Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:10 am

BehemothNL wrote:
And overangling of your tank. the side of a KV-1/KV-1S/KV-2/KV-3/KV-13 means being shot in the engine and most likely being on fire or damaged engines.
So angle the KV but not to much like you do.
Allthough the side armor on Soviet heavies is really good and really usefull for angling, any shot going through will definetely damage or wreck the fuel tanks, since the sides of the KV series are pure fuel tank behind that nice side armor.... (got some nasty experiences with it.)

I find the KV series good at sidescraping. whenever you can [s]use[/s] abuse it!
CountOfTuscany
CountOfTuscany

Back to top Go down

Post  Dannyboy Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:36 am

Perhaps i could get a private lesson with someone to practice sidescraping. Sounds like it'd be really useful!

Dannyboy

Back to top Go down

Post  Dannyboy Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:10 am

http://wotreplays.com/site/355999#mines-dannyboy321-kv-1

Solid match, play defensively and get a few hits, that dang person who stole my Kv1 kill!! Late game i recklessly go out to finish off the remaining enemies which hurts me but i figure by that point, we've already secured the win.

http://wotreplays.com/site/356009#karelia-dannyboy321-kv-1

Eeeh.. what was i thinking.. ??

http://wotreplays.com/site/356005#tundra-dannyboy321-kv-1

Team seemed to die pretty quickly and i found myself flanked and surrounded early on.

All feedback appreciated. Weren't my best games.. but that means there's a lot from which to learn! I played two other games in Redshire but it was so slow, i was getting about 3fps. Completely unplayable.. An M4 did ram me and killed himself though...

Dannyboy

Back to top Go down

Post  Brainfarter Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:39 pm

Dannyboy wrote:Perhaps i could get a private lesson with someone to practice sidescraping. Sounds like it'd be really useful!
Follow the Lessons forum closely - there will be lessons in this.
Brainfarter
Brainfarter
Lead Guide
Lead Guide

Back to top Go down

Post  Sapaki Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:02 pm

Brainfarter wrote:
Dannyboy wrote:Perhaps i could get a private lesson with someone to practice sidescraping. Sounds like it'd be really useful!
Follow the Lessons forum closely - there will be lessons in this.
You can also ask an instructor for a 1 on 1 (or private as you said) lesson. We actually encourage this so you can both follow a course on this and have a 1 on 1 session with an instructor. 

When you see an instructor ingame just ask, unless he is doing something really important he will be more than glad to show you a couple of things on sidescraping.
Sapaki
Sapaki
His Royal Majesty the Admissions Officer of the Clan Himself
His Royal Majesty the Admissions Officer of the Clan Himself

Back to top Go down

Post  CountOfTuscany Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:24 pm

I'm not that a great player, but I could explain you some basics about sidescraping I think.
Just hit me up in game and U'll explain some basic sidescraping.

Anyway, check this link below and scroll a bit down. You'll some pictures regarding angling and sidescraping.
http://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/44/top-tree-maus/
CountOfTuscany
CountOfTuscany

Back to top Go down

Post  Dannyboy Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:43 am

Just another replay i thought you might enjoy, as always all feedback is welcome:

http://wotreplays.com/site/357497#cliff-dannyboy321-kv-1

Another dodgy start with hits from the M4. Get it together to secure around the hill-type-thing well and eventually after some pretty dodgy (guess i need some 1vs1 lessons Razz) play against the Pv 4, kill him. Shame our other heavy couldnt help decap in time. One of the most fustrating battles in a long time. :/

Dannyboy

Back to top Go down

Post  Dannyboy Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:25 am

You know the drill about feedback:

http://wotreplays.com/site/357750#steppes-dannyboy321-kv-1

Glad i was able to be the reason why we won that game ( ithink). Not bad for a tier 6 game.. but i obviously could have dealt with that medium and T28 better probably. Was indecisive about that final shot on the Kv1s.. decide against it in the end

Dannyboy

Back to top Go down

Post  RoninRage Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:58 am

Ok ... up for it ;-)

First of all for me (as someone who likes scouting) dealing top damage (which I also like to do Very Happy ) is good but not the only game decider (early spots to give your team a hint about what is going on, holding key positions, denying the enemy key positions and so on) is also very important and part of a victory as always it's a team game. What you did great there was prevent that someone flanks the KV-1s's. The point about the medium is true.
Taking target prioritisation for me (in randoms in TC the fieldcommander or the squad leader should be doing this by marking targets) is: Direct threats to me (the T-34-85 was a bigger threat than the PZ 4 in my opinion), easy hitable low health targets, The biggest threats for the whole game (so I focus on biggest threats as tanks or best players)

One tip about the AT-8 i am not sure if you can penetrate it anywhere but at least the cupola should work (yeah I know russian pro snipers KV-1, KV-1s and so on but well at least worth a try if you have no shot on it's sides ... btw same for AT-2 which you might meet more often in tier 5 games) but I saw you tried to go for it so good job.

One thing to think of there was arty in that game as far as I've seen if you cant stay arty safe at least don't try to be an easy to hit target so when fired and waiting for the reload moving helps a bit because if the arty player get annoyed enough he might go for an easier target.

Another short tip if you are fast enough on the keyboard Shift switches between sniper and 3rd person view faster than the scrollwheel and for me it seems it does not mess up my recticle like it sometimes happens to me when scrolling (the whooops looking directly in the sky glitch).

What i liked: you tried to present your front to the enemy most of the time, preventing that the KV-1s's where flanked, trying to return to decap (in randoms sometimes an underestimated "art" it seems to me)

Aaaand i say it again try to use the suggested consumable setup it saved my ass so many times when beeing on fire, or tracked while in a dangerous position scouting and so on. (possibly you do and just the replay f* that up so sorry if I annoyed you for no reason with that)

So again my 2 cents ... as said before I am no pro AND a lot of mistakes I might criticies I am doing ofc myself also sometimes. It is always easier to look at something when your not in that situation.

But enough well done!

Greets
Ronin
RoninRage
RoninRage
Guide
Guide

Back to top Go down

Post  Ding760 Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:06 am

I would strongly take RoninRage's advice about scouting on board (everything else I'm not sure lol).

Ronin is the ONLY player I 100% trust in my Experimental TCs to get a critical scout mission done successfully, and that's saying something, because it's damn difficult to scout in my TCs using my tactics. He not only knows how to scout, he also knows when his usefulness has been used up (maybe subconsciously).

Hence, listen to this man. He has much to teach you until the next time I send him on a kamikaze mission (which he will somehow survive... much to my displeasure!).
Ding760
Ding760

Back to top Go down

Post  RoninRage Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:57 pm

Embarassed well maybe a bit overdone. .... I just want to help someone on a tank i really struggled somewhat with before joining SGTA (had a 42 ish winrate on the KV-1 with around 130 games on it now I am close to 200 and on almost 53 not unicum style but a big improvement at least for a heavy tank noob like me). And as you meantioned I only do the scouting job in your TC's because there is nobody else who wants to/is stupid enough/is brave enough Laughing which I do not understand because I enjoy the more free playstyle of a scout more than playing heavies which ofc I am to stupid to play. You know standing in a line on a corner waiting to derp someone in the face is much harder than scouting runs and try to sneak arround on maps.
So Ding get a new PC to get me killed again Wasp and Jasmin tried hard in yesterdays TC
RoninRage
RoninRage
Guide
Guide

Back to top Go down

Post  Dannyboy Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:12 pm

Thanks for all the feedback again.. uumm:

I prioritized the Pz IV because i knew he would be gunning for me and if i payed him no attention he could deal a lot of damage to me at will.
And i didnt really understand your scouting points? I thought i was a Kv1??!?!? Razz But yeah, as a Tier 5 heavy i thought id just be able to offer fire support, rather than lead/defend at the front

Dannyboy

Back to top Go down

Post  Dannyboy Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:20 pm

Dannyboy wrote:Thanks for all the feedback again.. uumm:

I prioritized the Pz IV because i knew he would be gunning for me and if i payed him no attention he could deal a lot of damage to me at will.

And i didnt really understand your scouting points? I thought i was a Kv1??!?!? :PBut yeah, as a Tier 5 heavy i thought id just be able to offer fire support, rather than lead/defend at the front

Although thinking about it.. you meaning the T blah die blah tank.. i genuinely have forgotten most of the battle and cant seem to download the replay so perhaps when that tank was there the Pz 1v wasnt a threat.. oooooh now i remember... was it that little tank that snuck up behind me? Yeah the moment i turned round to face him was the moment i actually realised he was there... wooopsy Razz:P

Which leads me onto being more aware of everything around me as another tip for improvement then Wink

Dannyboy

Back to top Go down

Post  RoninRage Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:45 pm

yes it was T-34-85 and situational awerness gets better also there is something in the curiculum about it and there are lessons for that from time to time.

Blabla around scouting: I only wanted to say that even if you have games where you don't deal top damage you might have been an important part of a victory. Scouts are a good example here because most of the time they don't deal top damage. In this game you not only dealt top damage but also prevented that your top tier heavies get flanked by others => top tier heavies could concentrate on the enemies in front of them => your team won that flank => your team won by capping.
RoninRage
RoninRage
Guide
Guide

Back to top Go down

Post  Dannyboy Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:37 pm

Yeah my most played tank is the pz1c which gets tier 5 every game so the damage and top xp i think i got was a welcomed surprise

Dannyboy

Back to top Go down

Post  Ding760 Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:39 pm

RoninRage wrote:
So Ding get a new PC to get me killed again ..
Note that I am paying EUR1499 just to see it happen in the best possible way! Very Happy
Ding760
Ding760

Back to top Go down

Post  Dannyboy Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:50 am

An amusing, KV1s battle this time:

http://wotreplays.com/site/363571#redshire-dannyboy321-kv-1s

Going towards the encounter base and get shot and put on fire.. and i think i havent checked resupply consumables.. because i cant put it out but hey, it leaves with 70hp Razz

As you can tell, my laptop isnt the best for sniping, however i do switch to those thingy rounds (thanks badgene) and after knowing where a TD roughly is, put a blind shot in and it does the trick Smile Get another kill later (or before, i cant remember) and meanwhile, ive taken two hits i think... with 70hp remaining. One hits the tracks and the other does about 2 damage to help Razz All in all, pretty jammy stuff showing how reckless and lucky i am Wink

Dannyboy

Back to top Go down

Post  Dannyboy Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:18 am

Thought id post this great game, with me and Weebey (thanks dude, i have great games with you) tooning.

http://wotreplays.com/site/365545#port-dannyboy321-kv-1

Dang that T49 for getting loads of easy kills at the end! But taking out 5 tanks around me was quite fun Razz

Dannyboy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down