SGTA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Chatbox
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» The AFK thread
by Tecuani Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:15 am

» Basic - Camouflage and spotting - 26th of November - 19:30UTC
by ZerONRNS Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:42 am

» SGTA is moving!
by Vallu01 Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:57 am

» Trying to understand the T-34...
by Vallu01 Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:53 am

» Hello from Prometheus
by Pendergast Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:15 am

» Repeat of peek-a-boo lesson?
by JosefSvejk Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:57 pm

» M46 Patton, wat to do .vs TD division
by Rajahz Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:46 am

» T-44 Patrol Duty
by Wen90 Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:45 am

» Peek a boo lesson
by Madhias Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:51 am

little advice/opinion needed

+3
Forsworn
Boos B
vorlontank
7 posters

Go down

little advice/opinion needed Empty little advice/opinion needed

Post  vorlontank Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:36 pm

i am in a quandary. i cant decide which tank to get next. i have unlocked the ferdinand but am near to unlocking the kv4 and a little bit off the black prince (just trying to raise the credits next) i have no real preference for play-style, i like them all.
so opinions?
currently i am thinking ferdi (want to get to jagdtiger), kv4 looks good though and quickybaby seems to rate it.(might go to st1 but dont see many of them either? because its not good?) dont really know about black prince though. dont really see many of them, seems to be a tank people get through as quickly as possible?

your thoughts apreciated

vorlontank

Back to top Go down

little advice/opinion needed Empty Re: little advice/opinion needed

Post  Boos B Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:46 pm

the black prince is a churchill. It is not an easy tank to play, with fairly big weakspots, but finally with a proper turret and gun mantlet.

ST-1 is awesome, but very slow. That is the reason you do not see many of them: before patch 8.6 they were easy kills for arty. The front armor is very hard to pen with hardly any weakspots. It is the sides that make it weak. Angling it will help a lot.

The ferdi arguably is the best tier 8 tank destroyer. It is an awesome tank, but suffers from premium rounds. When you are spotted, people will switch to them immediately.

My choice would be between ferdi and KV-4. T.b.h. I would get them both Razz
Boos B
Boos B
INSTRUCTOR
INSTRUCTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Forsworn Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:39 pm

I saw a black prince today, it was painfull to watch poor thing climbing up little hill Razz 
Ferdi might get a discount on Operation Citadel weekend... Maybe...
Forsworn
Forsworn

Back to top Go down

Post  vorlontank Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:47 pm

just checked, no discount for ferdi. bet you though that if i do get it that it will be on discount the next day.Mad 

vorlontank

Back to top Go down

Post  Forsworn Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:55 pm

WG let me down, I didn't know they already published it when I was writing the message Laughing  But considering that
They first saw combat in the Battle of Kursk (Operation Citadel)
I thought it would get some bonuses.
Forsworn
Forsworn

Back to top Go down

Post  nilzatron Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:34 pm

Maybe it is because none of them actually made it to the action? Razz At least it's a x3 crew xp weekend. I much prefer them over the first victory bonuses.

As for the original question, for me it would be between the KV-4 and the Ferdinand. KV-4 if you want an awesome armour powerhouse able to lead the charge. Ferdinand if you like to be the lumbering giant in the back dealing out massive blows. Black Prince can be pretty troll when it is one of few top tier vehicles in the game, but when it is not, big guns will chew it up quite easily.
nilzatron
nilzatron
Guide
Guide

Back to top Go down

Post  lostplace Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:20 am

Another aspect of decision might be the later perspective in tier 9 and 10. I would probably chose a heavy line first rather than a td line, as heavies use to be more versatile on the battle field. E.g. as far as I have seen on the test server JE-100 is a quite team and situation dependant vehicle, while the IS-4 is a decent performer in almost any battle situation.

lostplace

Back to top Go down

Post  Rancidpunk Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:05 am

AT15 eats Ferdi's up!
Rancidpunk
Rancidpunk
INSTRUCTOR
INSTRUCTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  nilzatron Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:18 am

face to face in an open field there is no doubt, the Ferdi does not stand a chance
nilzatron
nilzatron
Guide
Guide

Back to top Go down

Post  BadGene616 Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:27 pm

Going back to the OP question...

KV4 - love it. It's a steel brick with a gun that is about on a par with the king tigers. Good ROF, accurate, and high penetration. It's a slow tank, especially until you get the upgraded engines, but it's 100 tonnes of fun. As a note, I went up against an ST1 the other day and with the accuracy changes, had no problem consistently hitting the drivers hatch on the front. This may be a huge weak spot for it.

One final note on the KV4 is that it's a reasonably pleasant grind - even stock it's effective, especially if you are prepared to spend a little on prem ammo until you have the top gun.

The top turret is only really useful for the top gun, as it has a whacking great weak spot on the top. So make sure you unlock those together. Keeps the weight down too.

As with all slow tanks (and the KV3 is sprightly in comparision, especially with a stock KV4) it's all about position.

BadGene616

Back to top Go down

Post  vorlontank Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:55 pm

okay update. have played a few ferdi games now.doing ok ish, so slow.need next engine, but do i get top gun first?
last night bought kv4 (was going to wait and see if it would be cheaper on a special but that could be forever)so have the 2nd best gun and best tracks on it.played one game to see what it was like.new map sacred valley.mid tier.just drove straight to the cap,shells dinging of me.got tracked.killed the amx75 who did it. carried on.went into cap and sat behind a building 'discouraging' the 2 t32's from trying to stop me capping.get invader medal, though for sure i'd end up with a steel wall as first medal in this one.
looking forward to getting the best gun but boy, is it expensive to grind.

vorlontank

Back to top Go down

Post  BadGene616 Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:42 am

I went JgPanther II over ferdi, but the gun is identical. You need to get that asap. It's a total boom stick Very Happy

The KV4 - I'm undecided on the top turret at the moment due to the big weak spot on the top - but that top gun is superb. It's very much like a tiger II gun, accurate, rapid firing, highly penetrating. I like it a lot.

The biggest thing to make the KV4 better though is the engine - the speed buff makes the tank far more agile and effective.

BadGene616

Back to top Go down

Post  nilzatron Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:45 am

I agree, get the 128mm first. It has enough alpha to make people think twice about rushing you. On top of that, damage = experience, so it will actually get you the engine faster. Ferdi does not rely on it's mobility anyway.
nilzatron
nilzatron
Guide
Guide

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down