SGTA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Chatbox
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» The AFK thread
by Tecuani Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:15 am

» Basic - Camouflage and spotting - 26th of November - 19:30UTC
by ZerONRNS Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:42 am

» SGTA is moving!
by Vallu01 Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:57 am

» Trying to understand the T-34...
by Vallu01 Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:53 am

» Hello from Prometheus
by Pendergast Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:15 am

» Repeat of peek-a-boo lesson?
by JosefSvejk Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:57 pm

» M46 Patton, wat to do .vs TD division
by Rajahz Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:46 am

» T-44 Patrol Duty
by Wen90 Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:45 am

» Peek a boo lesson
by Madhias Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:51 am

Playing around on test server...

+3
RoninRage
Ding760
MadFelineHoarder
7 posters

Go down

Playing around on test server... Empty Playing around on test server...

Post  MadFelineHoarder Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:03 am

So, I'm staying away from the regular WoT, but playing around on the test server instead. I thought I should try out some tier 8:s and some other tanks that I'm interested in. So far, I'm loving playing higher tiers, especially tier 8 since I make more of a profit there (I know tier 5 and 8 are considered money makers, so I thought it could be good to see which tanks to aim for), and the tank that I totally fell in love with is T32, it just fits my playstyle perfectly. Same with Caernavon, although I don't play that one as well as the T32 (I'm not great with any of them) so these two are tanks I'm totally going to get later on. I've also tried the T57 (after watching Highflyer play it) and again, I don't play it that well, but I definitely am going to get one since it's a great fun tank. I've also tried some mediums, T-34-85, M481 Patton, and the Leopard 1. I like them all three, but noticed that the Patton will take some time for me to learn how to play well. I've also tried T71 and it's a really fun little tank that I also need to learn how to play better when I get it. The E75 though, me and this guy are not the best of friends... I know that this tank is great, but I don't drive it well at all. I think I will try to get it anyway and see if I can learn how to play it properly.

Me and the Tortoise though... I'll give it a couple of more tries, but it doesn't seem to fit me that well actually.

So, my questions are; do you have any other tier 7-10 tanks you would like to recommend I try? I really like the gun depression on the American tanks (and the Caernavon), and to play hull down and being cautious in general (I need to learn how to be more aggressive at the right moment, but for now, sneaky and relatively mobile tanks seem to fit me rather well), but I'm no camper - I go to the front with my heavy colleagues, but I'm more of a supporter than a brawler type of player.

How different is it to play higher tiers on the test server compared to the regular one(s)? So far, the tempo on higher tiers seem to fit me much better than on the lower ones, but this could be because the play climate is different on the test server, so I would really like to know.
MadFelineHoarder
MadFelineHoarder

Back to top Go down

Playing around on test server... Empty Re: Playing around on test server...

Post  Ding760 Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:16 am

KV-3 tier 7...end of story.
Ding760
Ding760

Back to top Go down

Post  RoninRage Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:20 am

Hi!

I did several high tier games on the test server and the playstyle is different in several points in my opinon:
1.) Everybody is experimenting around and does not care about his stats or anything. So it is strategically not compareable to the normal games in Tier 8 i had so far (did not have many)
2.) Due to the crazy amount of gold and silver everybody runs around spamming gold.
3.) As you mentioned the speed is much slower on high tiers and as far as i experienced again slower an the normal server.
4.) There are no russion teamkillers here ... or the higher in tier you get the lesser you see them.

Tanks to give a try... hm depends if you want to play on TC's it is possibly an option to thru the russian heavy line (KV-1s, IS, IS-3) i also tried the Hellcat several times (did not own one on normal server so far but I WANT IT! *G*) and the rest of the line. I liked it but it's more the support. If you interessted in playing arty you could test the new british line.

Also if you think of buying a premium tank that's a good place to test it.

Greets
Ronin

RoninRage
RoninRage
Guide
Guide

Back to top Go down

Post  glisa_dejan Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:43 am

ST-I Russian, i love that tank, T30 American, this tanks are my favorites, yes they are T9 but i like them. Also TD`s JagdTiger,Ferdi, JPII, these are tanks i tried on test server and my aim for grinding. Just my 2 cents
glisa_dejan
glisa_dejan

Back to top Go down

Post  MadFelineHoarder Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:30 pm

Okay, KV-3, a bunch of Russians, Hellcat, and the T30. I'll try those today then. Very Happy 

Oh, I must be a complete dofus for not spamming gold then! Laughing   I just try to see where to shoot those other bastards with the regular ammo, and sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't. Fortunately, I don't have to learn the weak spots on these high tier tanks just yet, but it's always fun to deal some damage.

There has been some team killing (I was prepared for this, and was expecting to get killed myself, so far it hasn't happened though), even I did some TK, but it was an accident. My team mate drove out in front of me just as I shot... Insta death... Hate when that happens. Crying or Very sad
MadFelineHoarder
MadFelineHoarder

Back to top Go down

Post  Rancidpunk Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:53 am

Ding760 wrote:KV-3 tier 7...end of story.

This!
Rancidpunk
Rancidpunk
INSTRUCTOR
INSTRUCTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  nilzatron Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:54 am

If you are interested in TC: KV-1S and IS-3, because they are the main tanks in use.

Hellcat! Great support/flanker, also used in TC.
T29. The hull down king.
VK 36.01 H. Awesome little tank. Great in the support role, on tier it can even carry a bit. Also used in TC.

The E-75 is a good tank, but you might have difficulty getting to grips withe playstyle because you have skipped it's predecessors. The Tiger and Königstiger teach you the tools necessary to play it effectively. Definitely not as easy to pick up and play as an IS-3 or a T29.
nilzatron
nilzatron
Guide
Guide

Back to top Go down

Post  HowTheStoryEnds Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:05 am

heathens! T29 = <3 and a lot better than T32.
HowTheStoryEnds
HowTheStoryEnds
Guide
Guide

Back to top Go down

Post  nilzatron Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:41 am

And you will have it a tier sooner to boot
nilzatron
nilzatron
Guide
Guide

Back to top Go down

Post  MadFelineHoarder Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:09 am

Haha! I'll try the T29 again then. I love the T32, so the T29 should suit me pretty well (I didn't like it the first time though, too sluggish). Smile

I've now tried the Hellcat and I liked it (still need to play it better of course), and I also got an IS-3 and I think I might like that one too. The T32 is still my future darling though. <3

But I've noticed that the amounts of invites one gets to join some of the Russians in the training room or tank company is quite overwhelming! I feel bad for not wanting to accept when they are being so nice... Crying or Very sad 

On to the KV-3 today!

nilzatron wrote:If you are interested in TC: KV-1S and IS-3, because they are the main tanks in use.

Hellcat! Great support/flanker, also used in TC.
T29. The hull down king.
VK 36.01 H. Awesome little tank. Great in the support role, on tier it can even carry a bit. Also used in TC.

The E-75 is a good tank, but you might have difficulty getting to grips withe playstyle because you have skipped it's predecessors. The Tiger and Königstiger teach you the tools necessary to play it effectively. Definitely not as easy to pick up and play as an IS-3 or a T29.
About the E-75, I tried the predecessor, Tiger II, and yes, you definitely need to learn how to angle and sidescrape and stuff to really play these tanks well. I still think I'll go for it though and hope you guys will teach me enough so I can play them reasonably well when I'll finally get them. If I'm still playing the game, that is. Smile
MadFelineHoarder
MadFelineHoarder

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down