SGTA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Chatbox
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» The AFK thread
by Tecuani Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:15 am

» Basic - Camouflage and spotting - 26th of November - 19:30UTC
by ZerONRNS Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:42 am

» SGTA is moving!
by Vallu01 Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:57 am

» Trying to understand the T-34...
by Vallu01 Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:53 am

» Hello from Prometheus
by Pendergast Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:15 am

» Repeat of peek-a-boo lesson?
by JosefSvejk Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:57 pm

» M46 Patton, wat to do .vs TD division
by Rajahz Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:46 am

» T-44 Patrol Duty
by Wen90 Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:45 am

» Peek a boo lesson
by Madhias Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:51 am

A Unicorn's Comprehensive Guide to the Survival Side - by Adroxis on the NA forum

+2
we_just_dinged_em
nilzatron
6 posters

Go down

A Unicorn's Comprehensive Guide to the Survival Side - by Adroxis on the NA forum Empty A Unicorn's Comprehensive Guide to the Survival Side - by Adroxis on the NA forum

Post  nilzatron Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:46 pm

I'm finding this a very interesting read to advance my gameplay. Probably best reserved for those that have reached at least intermediate skill level.
nilzatron
nilzatron
Guide
Guide

Back to top Go down

A Unicorn's Comprehensive Guide to the Survival Side - by Adroxis on the NA forum Empty Re: A Unicorn's Comprehensive Guide to the Survival Side - by Adroxis on the NA forum

Post  nilzatron Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:05 am

"The best players on the enemy team should be saved for last. Numbers almost always win in the end with tactical thinking.
2. It was brought to my attention that just focusing on the best players first isn't the best method for winning. I agree completely with that assessment because in my past I found that destroying all of the worst players first will leave only the unicums left standing at the end. Then it just becomes a numbers game where your team can cascade on the unicums, and no matter how good they are, or are positioned, your health pools will overwhelm them and be too much to burst down fast enough. A little bit of tactical thinking and coordination with the team is required to make sure your guys don't proceed to commit seppuku trying to be the heroes, saving the game from the killer purples. But 9 times out of 10, eight versus three engagements end in victory."

This raises a very interesting point, as intuitively I have always assumed the other way around. Thinking about it makes sense though. Put yourself in that situation. When is it easier to carry? When you are alone and outnumbered or when you still have at least a few allies around to spot for you, soak up a little damage or at least momentarily turn the opponent's attention to them? (There have even be one or two occassion where I was able to carry the game to victory because we had an afk heavy at the base, which allowed me to stay hidden).
nilzatron
nilzatron
Guide
Guide

Back to top Go down

A Unicorn's Comprehensive Guide to the Survival Side - by Adroxis on the NA forum Empty Re: A Unicorn's Comprehensive Guide to the Survival Side - by Adroxis on the NA forum

Post  we_just_dinged_em Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:10 am

Destroy the best players on sight. The longer they live, the more damage they do to your team.

Simple really.
we_just_dinged_em
we_just_dinged_em

http://www.noobmeter.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Daeworn Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:19 am

Dong760 wrote:Destroy the best players on sight. The longer they live, the more damage they do to your team.

Simple really.

I had to agree with "Dong". Too often I got in situation, when we had number advantage like 10:5 kills, but the tide of battle was changed by the remaining platoon of good players, who finished the rest of team by themselves. Simply one by one.

Daeworn

Back to top Go down

Post  HowTheStoryEnds Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:32 am

not to mention that three purples will wipe the floor with eight reds especially if they approach one or two at the time, which seems to be the bad teams standard modus operandi.
HowTheStoryEnds
HowTheStoryEnds
Guide
Guide

Back to top Go down

Post  lostplace Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:28 am

nilzatron wrote:

But 9 times out of 10, eight versus three engagements end in victory."
8 vs. 3 sounds plausible at first glance, but the problem with good enemy players is that they use to get their guns asap in the battle and start dealing damage themselves if not engaged and stopped by competent players of your own team. Hence focusing on bad players first might rather end in a 3 vs. 3 or even worse. Watching Quickybabies livestreams, I also note his awareness of the best enemy players and his preference to neutralize those first if possible.

lostplace

Back to top Go down

Post  Daeworn Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:45 pm

HowTheStoryEnds wrote:not to mention that three purples will wipe the floor with eight reds especially if they approach one or two at the time, which seems to be the bad teams standard modus operandi.

Yep, I did almost the same yesterday. Yet we were not purple and we were only two, but managed to stay and kill 4/5 enemies (before our team cap), just because they come one by one. 8 vs 3 works if its 8 vs 3, but usually it is 1-2 vs 3, 1-2 vs 3, 1 vs 3, 1 vs 3, ... as later players become scared as they see teammates dyeing. Or the heroes just don’t wait for team to back them up and die, while team is to far to manage to do anything.

Daeworn

Back to top Go down

Post  Arnold_Judas_Rimmer Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:32 am

After engaging an enemy heavy of the same tier and clearly getting the better of him I was then surrounded by 3 low tier tanks who slowly ate away at my hp by shooting my rear. Since that battle I allmost always try to engage and kill the support tanks first.

Could someone provide a link to this info no the NA forum please.
Arnold_Judas_Rimmer
Arnold_Judas_Rimmer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down