SGTA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Chatbox
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» The AFK thread
by Tecuani Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:15 am

» Basic - Camouflage and spotting - 26th of November - 19:30UTC
by ZerONRNS Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:42 am

» SGTA is moving!
by Vallu01 Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:57 am

» Trying to understand the T-34...
by Vallu01 Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:53 am

» Hello from Prometheus
by Pendergast Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:15 am

» Repeat of peek-a-boo lesson?
by JosefSvejk Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:57 pm

» M46 Patton, wat to do .vs TD division
by Rajahz Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:46 am

» T-44 Patrol Duty
by Wen90 Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:45 am

» Peek a boo lesson
by Madhias Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:51 am

Yamaxanadu [Basic Tactics and Map Layout]

4 posters

Go down

Yamaxanadu [Basic Tactics and Map Layout] Empty Yamaxanadu [Basic Tactics and Map Layout]

Post  Yamaxanadu Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:39 pm

My area of expertize are kamikaze runs (mostly with mobile vehicles), setting up ambushes and skirmish strikes. I can be called irresponsible player since I do not care about my own safety at all. I prefer the mobile vehicles like my T-54 or AMX 50 100 but can cope well with KV-2 and Churchill I / III. But because all my depot is currently on RU server I can't use them for training. I get Tier IV US TD so if you want I can platoon with you. Otherwise I can give you only hints about tactics and map layouts.

So currently I can give you only two types of lessons:
-basic tactics (greatly affected by player style);
-map layout hints.

P.S.
My time is +11 GMT.
Yamaxanadu
Yamaxanadu

Back to top Go down

Yamaxanadu [Basic Tactics and Map Layout] Empty Re: Yamaxanadu [Basic Tactics and Map Layout]

Post  Guest Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:56 pm

Kamikaze runs... you're Ding's high tier sibling or something?

Back to top Go down

Yamaxanadu [Basic Tactics and Map Layout] Empty Re: Yamaxanadu [Basic Tactics and Map Layout]

Post  Yamaxanadu Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:05 pm

Kawashiro wrote:Kamikaze runs... you're Ding's high tier sibling or something?
Maybe... I like to try crazy things like this one:
Yamaxanadu [Basic Tactics and Map Layout] 31a816550f258167685971ca1e8a8d1f
Yamaxanadu
Yamaxanadu

Back to top Go down

Post  Ding760 Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:32 pm

I think Kawa... the purpose of a kamikaze run is not technically an inevitability that we are going to die. While obviously the word 'kamikaze' defines as a suicide run, what I tend to do in a kamikaze run is basically to undertake an extraordinarily difficult course of action that is unlikely to keep me alive, but benefit the team. Hence, my death, while likely, is not inevitable.

I always think kamikaze runs as I call them has 2 main benefits:
1) It allows a bold course of action you enemy will most likely not expect,allowing you to generate a major advantage to your team as long as you are alive for the duration that you are alive.
2) You'll be amazed by the effect the kamikaze run can have on your team, because for some reason your team will actually stop camping and attack if you lead them or else they will camp and snipe properly knowing all the enemies will attack you instead of them.

I must admit I use the kamikaze run tactic every time I end up on the southern base of Serene Coast (a notorious camp map) with a fast tank. I rush all the way to the north right into enemy tanks knowing my chances of survival is slim, BUT during all that time I am alive, one of the above two factors occurs and hence Serene Coast is never as horrific to me as most of the community would agree it is to them.

Just my 2 cents Kawa on the interpretation of kamikaze runs... I don't want you to think I go in there TRYING to get killed,but instead it is I expect to die but it's not entirely inevitable. Razz

And yes...Yama is my evil older sibling MWUHAHAHA!
Ding760
Ding760

Back to top Go down

Post  Vallu01 Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:39 pm

What you described on Serene Coast Ding, I just call rushing. Have a good replay where 2 t9 or t10 meds rushed the island from the south and me and Scot followed to the city with our E-100s and won the game in 5 mins. 2nd fastest Serene Coast ever for me Smile
Vallu01
Vallu01
ADMIN
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post  Ding760 Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:43 pm

Vallu01 wrote:What you described on Serene Coast Ding, I just call rushing. Have a good replay where 2 t9 or t10 meds rushed the island from the south and me and Scot followed to the city with our E-100s and won the game in 5 mins. 2nd fastest Serene Coast ever for me Smile

Nah rushing can still make sense if you know where to go and how to run...because when you're rushing there is still an option of running away.

My distinction between rushing and kamikaze runs are different. Kamikaze runs are illogical from a survival perspective, and also kamikaze runs have no way of retreat once fully committed. Also, ultimately, rushing still keeps the expectation you'll survive, kamikaze runs do not. This expectation has a big difference,as when you still intend to survive, you can never be 100% committed to the detriment of your enemies, it could be 99% or whatever, but never 100%. In kamikaze runs, because intention to survive is doesn't exist, you are fully committed because technically you have nothing to lose, and you will annoy the enemy all the way to the last possible second in your position.

Take my example in Serene Coast... I never went to the island (never even been there is 8000+ battles), instead when I said I go straight into the enemy I quite literally mean I go STRAIGHT INTO the enemy mass, I get a respite by taking cover behind houses and such, but generally if the enemy is not even half, but a quarter decent, they will kill me, but by that time my team either makes a full-on assault or already sniped enough of them to make a big difference.
Ding760
Ding760

Back to top Go down

Post  Denolven Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:28 pm

The amount of options increases drastically, once you don't care about getting out.

And welcome to the academy Smile
Denolven
Denolven
STAFF
STAFF

Back to top Go down

Post  Yamaxanadu Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:40 pm

Well, kamikaze runs are suicide runs where your objective to inflict major damage with minor sacrifice. Or distract enemy long enough to help allies with their capture.
Yamaxanadu
Yamaxanadu

Back to top Go down

Post  Ding760 Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:42 pm

Yamaxanadu wrote:Well, kamikaze runs are suicide runs where your objective to inflict major damage with minor sacrifice. Or distract enemy long enough to help allies with their capture.

There ya go! Compressed into one sentence!
Ding760
Ding760

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:43 pm

I have done rushes as well, but they're carefully planned ones. On Serene coast south side, if both teams have 4 or more arties each, I usually warn my team beforehand, tell arties to hold fire until arties are spotted, and dash alongside the beach using houses as cover, and then go up the middle slope that's arty cover + cover from the majority from the map. That way you can spot the majority of the enemy with minimal damage taken + allies can help you fend off people that try to remove you.

Well of course kamikaze is supposed to inflict more damage than it's supposed to inflict on your team, but remember that its a very high risk thing that doesn't necessarily return much great. Suddenly dashing into the enemy just to realize your allies didn't know you were dashing there or arties are reloading can just mean your sacrifice was in vain. That's one of the major issues with scout kamikaze rushers, most of the time they don't even report to allies what they plan to do, thus just dying without meaning.

Last edited by Kawashiro on Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Ding760 Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:45 pm

Lol Kawa great minds work alike eh?

I do that too.... but only if I deem there isn't much to be gained anymore by 'kamikazing' so to speak. Kinda like a change of course in the middle of the road.
Ding760
Ding760

Back to top Go down

Post  Yamaxanadu Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:47 pm

Kawashiro wrote:I have done rushes as well, but they're carefully planned ones. On Serene coast south side, if both teams have 4 or more arties each, I usually warn my team beforehand, tell arties to hold fire until arties are spotted, and dash alongside the beach using houses as cover, and then go up the middle slope that's arty cover + cover from the majority from the map. That way you can spot the majority of the enemy with minimal damage taken + allies can help you fend off people that try to remove you.
It is skirmish strike. The main objective of skirmishes are to stall enemy advance and inflict minor damage constantly.
Yamaxanadu
Yamaxanadu

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:48 pm

I find it pointless to rush down right the middle of the road, it exposes you to the hill climbers, the city drivers and enemy artillery. Going along the coastline avoids 2/3 flanks. You spot enemy faster if you drive down the middle road, but if you seriously want to do that at high tiers where accuracies are 0.35- with alphas enough to kill you in 2-4 shots, then be my guest.

Also I deem it as a rush, not skirmish. Skirmishing is inflicting minor damage at a distance with fast maneuvers mainly to harass the enemy rather than dealing a hard blow. Doing the thing I described can deal a massive blow to the enemy by taking out their artillery or leave a bulk of their force vulnerable if successful. Skirmishing is something more akin to a Patton popping up and down to annoy 3-4 enemies on Steppes.

Last edited by Kawashiro on Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Yamaxanadu Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:50 pm

Efficiency greatly depend on vehicle mobility... And size. In some cases HP pool.
Yamaxanadu
Yamaxanadu

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:55 pm

I've dealt with many AMXes trying to go down the middle road on Serene coast when I start on the North side. It's very rare that everyone on our team misses them. Of course a T-54 might have higher chance of success, but would you really want to give up a brawling master for 1 attempt scout run? In my opinion, slowly spotting the enemies from safety is better than to spot all of them once and then die, because your allies are never going to be able to fire on all of them during a short time period anyway.

Back to top Go down

Post  Yamaxanadu Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:57 pm

I usually use T-50-2 for kamikaze run, sometimes I can use even T-54 (but through west hills and with heavy support from my SPGs). There is always holes in enemy defenses. The question is how hard to exploit them.
Yamaxanadu
Yamaxanadu

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down