SGTA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Chatbox
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» The AFK thread
by Tecuani Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:15 am

» Basic - Camouflage and spotting - 26th of November - 19:30UTC
by ZerONRNS Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:42 am

» SGTA is moving!
by Vallu01 Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:57 am

» Trying to understand the T-34...
by Vallu01 Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:53 am

» Hello from Prometheus
by Pendergast Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:15 am

» Repeat of peek-a-boo lesson?
by JosefSvejk Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:57 pm

» M46 Patton, wat to do .vs TD division
by Rajahz Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:46 am

» T-44 Patrol Duty
by Wen90 Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:45 am

» Peek a boo lesson
by Madhias Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:51 am

Hello and Big Ups to the Academy

2 posters

Go down

Hello and Big Ups to the Academy Empty Hello and Big Ups to the Academy

Post  shinyhelmet Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:06 am

Hi fellow tankers

I am considering when would be best for me to apply to join the Academy. I have been playing just over a month and have about 900 battles but only just joined Tier 3 yesterday with my little T70 (gulp) wow its a bit of an eye opener having to deal with those big heavies and the new maps.

My play has been pretty poor but with the gameplay study I have already put into practice from Youtube and the forum it is slowly getting better. I am not in a rush to get to Tier 5 but might manage it sometime over the next month. I wondered if now might be a good time to apply as think I read there is a month waiting list?? (provided of course that I am accepted and allowed to apply pre T5)

I'm keen to learn the game properly i.e organised teamplay. My problem is I am not usually in game till around 2300hrs and play til 0200hrs (GMT) is that going to be useless for the lessons etc?

Thanks

shinyhelmet

Back to top Go down

Hello and Big Ups to the Academy Empty Re: Hello and Big Ups to the Academy

Post  Vampir_Kifla Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:39 pm

Hello there!

Well, you can join SGTA as soon as you hit 1k battles. It would be good if you had a T5 at that time since most of the stuff SGTA teaches is applied to T5 and higher. I find it very good that you stuck to lower tiers rather than rushing forward like most of the people. I can see already that you're gonna be better player in higher tiers simply by learning basics with lower tiers.

SGTA is the right place to upgrade your solo skill as well as teamplay. When you join you'll most likely find yourself platooning all the time unless you're a bit too shy Wink
Youtube is also a great source of knowledge, thats how I started learning WoT.

The play time might be a bit problematic for lessons since they are always at 2000 or 2100 UTC (forum clock), but you can always ask someone to show you specific stuff in the training room.

Well then, I'd recommend as soon as you get a T5, make an application. Then you'll get an invitation.

Cheers
Vampir_Kifla
Vampir_Kifla
Vampir_Kifla
INSTRUCTOR
INSTRUCTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  shinyhelmet Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:14 pm

Hi Vampir_Kifla

Thanks for the reply. My previous exploit (singular) into MMO taught me that trying to run before you can walk is a futile exercise leading only to frustration. I'm just taking my time here in WoT learming the tanks and their strengths and weaknesses in relation to my gameplay style.

I will take your advice and not apply to join the Academy until I reach T5. But now I will have to try even harder and not rush T3 and 4 just to get there faster. In the meantime I will hang out here if thats okay and study all the info I can find on the SGTA website and forum.

I am looking forward to a bit of platooning, lone wolfing it is okay but I feel I'm missing out on something. I am gonna have to work out how this platooning works and how to get some of you to toon with me down in T3.

see you around

shinyhelmet

Back to top Go down

Post  Vampir_Kifla Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:26 pm

You're more than welcome to read stuff on the forum and even join the Academy HQ chat. That is an ingame channel where all SGTA members are, so you can ask for some platoons there. You'll find the thread somewhere (dunno where it is Embarassed )

Good luck on the battlefield
Vampir_Kifla
Vampir_Kifla
INSTRUCTOR
INSTRUCTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  shinyhelmet Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:14 am

Thats great!
I appreciate you letting me join the Academy HQ channel.

Thanks again

shinyhelmet

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum