SGTA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Chatbox
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» The AFK thread
by Tecuani Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:15 am

» Basic - Camouflage and spotting - 26th of November - 19:30UTC
by ZerONRNS Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:42 am

» SGTA is moving!
by Vallu01 Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:57 am

» Trying to understand the T-34...
by Vallu01 Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:53 am

» Hello from Prometheus
by Pendergast Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:15 am

» Repeat of peek-a-boo lesson?
by JosefSvejk Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:57 pm

» M46 Patton, wat to do .vs TD division
by Rajahz Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:46 am

» T-44 Patrol Duty
by Wen90 Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:45 am

» Peek a boo lesson
by Madhias Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:51 am

New gamemode

+6
RoninRage
blackchamber
nilzatron
Vallu01
Sapaki
Brainfarter
10 posters

Go down

New gamemode Empty New gamemode

Post  Brainfarter Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:25 pm

This looks quite good.

http://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/46/development-team-battle-mode/

Im thinking SGTA will meet a mix of opponents according to our spread of performance. I am really really looking forward to this.

/B
Brainfarter
Brainfarter
Lead Guide
Lead Guide

Back to top Go down

New gamemode Empty Re: New gamemode

Post  Sapaki Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:34 pm

Looks very promising indeed, like a much better version tank companies, quite usefull for teamtactics.

Only downside I can see is that the tactics with even fewer tanks than in TC are even further from CW standards, but 90% of tactics and techniques should still be common for CWs, TCs and this new game mode...
Sapaki
Sapaki
His Royal Majesty the Admissions Officer of the Clan Himself

Back to top Go down

Post  Vallu01 Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:52 pm

Saw this and wanted to make a topic on it but you beat me to it Razz

Nice to see that finally implement this kind of format. It's close to what the different cups and eSports have (or identical? Can't remember the rules). In any case I like it because it will be easier to get 5-7 dedicated players than full TC. You really only need 5 tier 8s tanks and 2 tier 1s to get a full team without penalties and max firepower and with few spotters. So 5 dedicated players and 2 of whoever happen to be online.

I still have to say I'm little skeptical about this:
The key feature of this game mode is that the battles will be conducted between teams of similar skill levels. A special software mechanic will be used to calculate the various parameters for players and teams. This means the mode will be interesting, both for beginners who will be able to compete with players of their own level, and for veterans who will also easily find worthy opponents.
Not sure how well that will work.

In any case I think we can do a lot with this. In fact I already have a lot of ideas and I'm sure others have as well.
Vallu01
Vallu01
ADMIN
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post  nilzatron Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:58 pm

If they use their own rating system as a basis, the 44k games premium-idling-farmers will not be pleased with who they get matched up against Smile

Seems like they are basically incorporating the format used in tournaments.
nilzatron
nilzatron
Guide
Guide

Back to top Go down

Post  blackchamber Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:04 pm

Oh yes, that sounds really nice and yes vallu it is the e-sports format. I am totally excited to try that mode.

Sapaki wrote:Looks very promising indeed, like a much better version tank companies, quite usefull for teamtactics.

Only downside I can see is that the tactics with even fewer tanks than in TC are even further from CW standards, but 90% of tactics and techniques should still be common for CWs, TCs and this new game mode...
I have to disagree sapaki, I think its quiet a bit different from TCs. There are only 7 tanks in that mode and only 5 of them are damage dealing tanks. That means getting information about the opponent becomes even more important(The tier 1 tanks are used for that) and you can never cover all lines with the tanks you have at hand. There are also different tanks used then lets say in a tier 8 TC. Its an even more tactical game approach because the maps arent stuffed with 15 tanks which are able to block every passway.

blackchamber
INSTRUCTOR
INSTRUCTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  nilzatron Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:08 pm

Best start grinding out a 50 100 for this Cool 
nilzatron
nilzatron
Guide
Guide

Back to top Go down

Post  Sapaki Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:13 pm

blackchamber wrote:I have to disagree sapaki, I think its quiet a bit different from TCs. There are only 7 tanks in that mode and only 5 of them are damage dealing tanks. That means getting information about the opponent becomes even more important(The tier 1 tanks are used for that) and you can never cover all lines with the tanks you have at hand. There are also different tanks used then lets say in a tier 8 TC. Its an even more tactical game approach because the maps arent stuffed with 15 tanks which are able to block every passway.
My bad, I was thinking of team techniques! Focusing fire, rolling corners, pushing, rushing etc. 

Tactically, as far as commanding goes it is bound to be quite different. I was only "worried" that by playing in this mode we where not "preparing" students for CW (many wish us to prepare them for this), but by practising CW techniques we do so.
Sapaki
Sapaki

Back to top Go down

Post  nilzatron Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:32 pm

I assume grinding 6th Sense and (near as) full camo on the T1 is a good idea for this?

I bought a T1 a while ago for lulz, but it's been sitting in my garage unused for months now. Might as well work on a good setup for this mode. I'm thinking:

Commander: 6th Sense, Camo
Driver: Camo, Off-Road

Net, Binocs, Vents

??
nilzatron
nilzatron
Guide
Guide

Back to top Go down

Post  RoninRage Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:04 am

When it comes up and you need a T1 scout I am up for the job.

Crew: close to finish 3rd skill (98% or 99%) skills so far as you meantioned and now trained on repair i think i will switch it to BIA when at 100%. 

Also I got still an almost full gold load out from the last campaign for it I think.

What I don't think is that they really could balance the teams like they stated the will do.
Think about it take the waiting time we always got for a medium TC and think well there are 4 Teams ... non of them fits together stat wise ... lets wait another 15 minutes?

Greets
Ronin
RoninRage
RoninRage
Guide
Guide

Back to top Go down

Post  Ding760 Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:06 am

Truth be told SGTA will face a wide range of opponents depending on who the FC takes into the team. Because we have a wide range of skills here in SGTA. A team consisting of mainly low skilled students will face a weaker foe while vice versa for higher skilled students.
Ding760
Ding760

Back to top Go down

Post  Wasp Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:11 am

Finally!!!!
I have been looking forward to this since we played ESL with Trev Very Happy
Good job on that WG, maybe I will forgive you the blinking service button Razz 

Scouting is very important in that mode, we will need stronk scouts for that (looking at Ronin).

For everybody who wants to know a bit about tanks used, one of the assault lemmings wrote a nice summary for it:
http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/304861-7on7-format-team-battles-wot-esports/

Wasp
Wasp
DEP. COMMANDER
DEP. COMMANDER

Back to top Go down

Post  Vallu01 Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:22 am

Wasp wrote:
For everybody who wants to know a bit about tanks used, one of the assault lemmings wrote a nice summary for it:
http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/304861-7on7-format-team-battles-wot-esports/
Very nice summary indeed. I was little surprised with the tanks for open maps. Only autoloaders and pershing, no IS-3 or T32, I'm too used to Champ TC setups Smile. Will be interesting to balance the team setup if you can't see the map beforehand, which is likely to be the case.
Vallu01
Vallu01
ADMIN
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post  Vallu01 Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:44 am

Last edited by Vallu01 on Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Vallu01
Vallu01
ADMIN
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post  nilzatron Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:12 am

The T32 is too slow to flex properly, which should be way more important with less tanks on the map.

In addition to the volume of fire a pack of autoloaders can put out, I suspect at least some of it has to do with how blind IS-3's are. Vision control seems to be increasingly important (due to more accurate ranged shots).

I have noticed this in some of our med TC's as well where our KV-1S' sometimes get completely outplayed by an invisible Hellcat pack.
nilzatron
nilzatron
Guide
Guide

Back to top Go down

Post  Etairos Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:16 am

seems quite interesting
Etairos
Etairos

Back to top Go down

Post  RoninRage Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:21 am

I am watching the WotProlegue the tanks listed in the guide are really popular there (... how strange RSOP == SPALE Very Happy) so I already know that T1 scouting there might be boring (passiv scouting) but game changing (and there is nothing more funny than watching a T1 unloading a clip on a french autoloader and do damage or even destroy it)
... Taking T1 and T2 Light for crew training again on my must do daily doubles list again.

The problem with Muppetti's list is that it depends on the fact that you can choose the map you are playing on but this is not said anywhere so far.

Greets
Ronin
RoninRage
RoninRage
Guide
Guide

Back to top Go down

Post  blackchamber Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:22 am

nilzatron wrote:The T32 is too slow to flex properly, which should be way more important with less tanks on the map.

In addition to the volume of fire a pack of autoloaders can put out, I suspect at least some of it has to do with how blind IS-3's are. Vision control seems to be increasingly important (due to more accurate ranged shots).

I have noticed this in some of our med TC's as well where our KV-1S' sometimes get completely outplayed by an invisible Hellcat pack.
If the t32 is used its mostly on maps like prokhorovka, mines and such, where the t32 is supposed to do only 1 job and use its gun depression and its turret. That being said i dont think its of much use either

blackchamber
INSTRUCTOR
INSTRUCTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  BehemothNL Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:28 am

Teambased mode with the 7/42 rule? Expect autoloaders on your ass!
BehemothNL
BehemothNL
INSTRUCTOR
INSTRUCTOR

https://www.youtube.com/user/sNiPeReLiTeNL

Back to top Go down

Post  Brainfarter Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:57 pm

Wasp wrote:For everybody who wants to know a bit about tanks used, one of the assault lemmings wrote a nice summary for it:
I am happy to see several of my grind-targets along with a few from my garage on this list.
Brainfarter
Brainfarter
Lead Guide
Lead Guide

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum