SGTA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Chatbox
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» The AFK thread
by Tecuani Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:15 am

» Basic - Camouflage and spotting - 26th of November - 19:30UTC
by ZerONRNS Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:42 am

» SGTA is moving!
by Vallu01 Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:57 am

» Trying to understand the T-34...
by Vallu01 Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:53 am

» Hello from Prometheus
by Pendergast Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:15 am

» Repeat of peek-a-boo lesson?
by JosefSvejk Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:57 pm

» M46 Patton, wat to do .vs TD division
by Rajahz Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:46 am

» T-44 Patrol Duty
by Wen90 Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:45 am

» Peek a boo lesson
by Madhias Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:51 am

New german TDs - Are you f***ing serious???

+8
godjira
we_just_dinged_em
Vallu01
CountOfTuscany
AndyScouser
HowTheStoryEnds
RoninRage
preunife42
12 posters

Go down

New german TDs - Are you f***ing serious??? Empty New german TDs - Are you f***ing serious???

Post  preunife42 Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:03 am

I just played on the test server today and I have to say that the german TDs are in my oppinion far too overpowered across the board.
For example from tier 7 on almost everyone has 3k dpm or slightly less. And the tier 10 thing!
It can kill absolutely every tank in the game with less than one clip.And this will happen in less than 15 seconds.
What I did experience though was that in my first game I got shot 3 times by 3 different tanks and my gun got knocked out every single time.
Then I played the tier 9 thing and it gets a ridiculous selection of amazing guns and the gun elevation is just f***ing retarded. It can bring his gun higher than some of the artys.
The tier 8 thing (the Borsig-Waffenträger) is just another ISU-152 (750 alpha damage) with a more accurate gun (WTF?!?!)
What is your oppinion about them? Do you think they are balanced because they have no armour (and they are huge fat targets)? Would you nerf them or let them like they are now?
Do you think Wargaming just wants to use them to make even more money by giving them bad pen (and of course great pen with gold ammo...)?
PS: On this first version of the test server the KV-1S still has the loved 122mm gun (totally balanced like the TDs Wink
preunife42
preunife42

Back to top Go down

New german TDs - Are you f***ing serious??? Empty Re: New german TDs - Are you f***ing serious???

Post  RoninRage Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:33 am

Hi!
Played on the test server yesterday night.
I did not play them because I was testing which tank(s) I want to grind for 7/42 mode and the grind to them. But I met loads of them.
First thing don't care too much on the test server because everybody there is running arround testing things (so some brainless running arround might happen) also there is much gold shooting going on. Also the impression might be influenced by the fact that everybody is testing them so many of them run arround. But I think too that they might be to powerful. As long as it is like with the Death Star (british FV TD) that there is a low amount of them in the games it might not be that worse. Also the players using them need also something called "brain"(TM) because they are glass canons. So the test server is in my opinion not comparable to what might happen to the game (because otherwise everybody will be running arround in ISU's and FV's now adays on the live server which is not the case)

KV-1s I thought i read on ftr that this might happen later this year. But might be wrong.
Ah reminds me need to try the remodelled IS-3
Anyone played the new map so far?

Greets
Ronin
RoninRage
RoninRage
Guide
Guide

Back to top Go down

New german TDs - Are you f***ing serious??? Empty Re: New german TDs - Are you f***ing serious???

Post  HowTheStoryEnds Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:17 am

I love TDs and I'm going to love these probably XD
HowTheStoryEnds
HowTheStoryEnds
Guide
Guide

Back to top Go down

Post  AndyScouser Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:13 pm

I had a go of the T10 German TD last night, Great mobility, full turret rotation and as turret is at the back i could even peek around corners, shoot and pop back into cover much much quicker than i could in my Obj704. Reload from clip and aim time, simply insane although even with shooting gold rounds i couldnt consistantly pen lfp of T10 heavies, but against other tanks the burst damage is incredible. This is not with the top gun btw.

everything was fine and dandy right up to the point where my team fell and i took a hit, resulting in an ammorack and 90s reload.... death followed quickly, 20mm armour at T10!

I dont know which is better these days, ill try the Foch155 tonight as they seem to have the armour and burst damage.

If I come up against one of these German T10 TD's id simply load HE and do a full damage roll on it taking most of its HP and doing huge crew/module damage on it
AndyScouser
AndyScouser

Back to top Go down

Post  preunife42 Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:13 am

Yeah getting hit in these things is bad (I got shot 3 times and my gun was knocked out every time) but if a player got to tier 10 with this new line, he will know how to play it without getting shot (unless the team loses badly, because you really can't carry in these things). And the amazing accuracy, aim time and maneuverability kind of dictates how to play this thing. Of course the Foch155 gets armour, but it only has 3 shells and 5 seconds between each shell and reloads just as long. However I'm grinding towards the 155 because I like the idea of armour on a TD Wink
preunife42
preunife42

Back to top Go down

Post  AndyScouser Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:25 am

Ithink you are so right with the 'not being able to carry a team' comment. The obj and Foch however can, getting in the face of the enemy, still with support of course..
AndyScouser
AndyScouser

Back to top Go down

Post  CountOfTuscany Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:38 am

take a look at the last mark and lol/cry:
http://ftr.wot-news.com/2013/10/15/15-10-2013-2/#more-4313
CountOfTuscany
CountOfTuscany

Back to top Go down

Post  Vallu01 Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:47 am

CountOfTuscany wrote:take a look at the last mark and lol/cry:
http://ftr.wot-news.com/2013/10/15/15-10-2013-2/#more-4313
My reaction:"Well it's understandable that they would nerf it. *Reads again* BUFF!?! OMG!!!"

Good thing I already decided to for that line Razz
Vallu01
Vallu01
ADMIN
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post  CountOfTuscany Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:13 am

Vallu01 wrote:
My reaction:"Well it's understandable that they would nerf it. *Reads again* BUFF!?! OMG!!!"
lol, this was exactly what I was thinking too XD
CountOfTuscany
CountOfTuscany

Back to top Go down

Post  we_just_dinged_em Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:18 am

delicious! another troll line to grind!
we_just_dinged_em
we_just_dinged_em

http://www.noobmeter.com

Back to top Go down

Post  godjira Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:51 am

I played it on the test server earlier. I am pretty sure I could sink a battleship with it. It's hilarious and obscene and it should be banned. It's like the Hulk version of a Bruce Banner Hellcat. 1 game in it, top gun and 8000 damage it was outrageous.
godjira
godjira

http://www.godjira.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Brainfarter Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:32 pm

Had several grind-projects in mind, but this has sort of taken over and i am reserving all my free exp to get through this line. The E-25 and all my crews from the other td-line comes in handy now.
Brainfarter
Brainfarter
Lead Guide
Lead Guide

Back to top Go down

Post  preunife42 Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:55 pm

I'm so gonna uninstall wot if these MORONS buff the f***ing Wt auf E-100. How can anyone be that stupid? I don't get it...
preunife42
preunife42

Back to top Go down

Post  IronClaw Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:19 pm

preunife42 wrote:I'm so gonna uninstall wot if these MORONS buff the f***ing Wt auf E-100. How can anyone be that stupid? I don't get it...
Stupid?

WG buffs WT E-100 to become pretty OP. The news spreads quickly from the Test Server and some people already start grinding the line. Some people spend their free XP (which costed gold), other people start grinding free XP (which costs gold) to hurry their progress to this new piece of OP awesomeness.
Then 8.9 gets released. A shitstorm of complaints rises ingame and on the forums. WTF OP Piece of insanity! How can WG do this!? IT NEEDS A NERF (but I will quickly get one before it gets it....) More people start grinding to that new OP tank, spending more gold on premium accounts, premium ammo (which costs credits that require premium that costs gold) and free XP (which cost gold) to get there before it gets nerfed so they can profit from the OP-ness.
A lot of gold is spent by many people to get an OP tank.

Then the test server for 9.0 comes out. And lo and behold, the WT E-100 gets a serious nerf. It is now no longer OP. But hey! Look at NewTankX!! That thing has a MASSIVE gun, super armor, a 9-shot autoloader and it can be painted with naked supermodels to distract enemy scouts. WTF THAT THING IS SO OP! They should NERF IT!!!! (but I will quickly get one before it gets it....) And so, the grind begins anew, the same people that spent a load of gold on the OP WT E-100 now start spending a lot of gold on the NewTankX. When it gets released, a whole shitstorm starts on how OP it is, and how ridiculous it is that you have to spend gold to paint naked models on it....

And that continues patch, after patch, after patch. Every time a new tank will be OP for a while. WG knows it and they do it deliberately. To make people spend gold. Which is not stupid, but very smart and a great business model.
Google on the psychology behind MMORPG's and you will quickly understand.
IronClaw
IronClaw
Lead Guide
Lead Guide

Back to top Go down

Post  Wasp Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:22 pm

No need to unistall.
Just learn how to cope with them, everybody hyped the FV and yes it does good amounts of dmg but if you know how to use his long reload and its restricted turret rotation against it it is an easy kill.

Same goes for the WT E100 it has 60/50 secs reload depending which gun it uses and it has the most paperish turret around (20mm?) which makes it vulnerable to everything and their mothers Razz 

If you get desperate:
Keep calm and load gold Very Happy
Wasp
Wasp
DEP. COMMANDER
DEP. COMMANDER

Back to top Go down

Post  preunife42 Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:25 pm

Wow I never looked at it from that perspective. That indeed is pretty smart.
But what do you think about some of those tanks: FV215B(183), Foch155, T57Heavy.
They are all still op and nobody complains anymore. I am confused Very Happy
preunife42
preunife42

Back to top Go down

Post  IronClaw Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:26 am

preunife42 wrote:Wow I never looked at it from that perspective. That indeed is pretty smart.
But what do you think about some of those tanks: FV215B(183), Foch155, T57Heavy.
They are all still op and nobody complains anymore. I am confused Very Happy
Wut? Not a day goes by that there's not a new topic on the WoT forums about the Foch 155 (or OP TD's in general). T57 heavy, well, I don't think it's very OP to be honest. It's a stronk tenk to be sure, maybe leaning towards OP, but not as much a F155.

Also, don't take my story too literal. WG doesn't always nerf each tank one patch after they are made OP. Can take longer. It's more the general pattern I was aiming at. And that pattern is not something unique to WoT, you see it in every MMORPG in one way or another. It's simply an effective way to keep people coming back and to keep them spending money.

If they didn't, then everyone would just grind towards that one tank they like the most, and then get bored and quit after playing it for long enough.
WG will keep the balance shifting back and forth between different tank lines so that you always have that new/other cool/OP tank on the horizon to work towards to.
IronClaw
IronClaw
Lead Guide
Lead Guide

Back to top Go down

Post  Vallu01 Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:47 am

preunife42 wrote:I'm so gonna uninstall wot if these MORONS buff the f***ing Wt auf E-100. How can anyone be that stupid? I don't get it...
Calm down. We don't need raging on this forum as well, there's enough of that in WoT forums.
Vallu01
Vallu01
ADMIN
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post  CountOfTuscany Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:17 am

IronClaw wrote:
And that continues patch, after patch, after patch. Every time a new tank will be OP for a while. WG knows it and they do it deliberately. To make people spend gold. Which is not stupid, but very smart and a great business model.
Google on the psychology behind MMORPG's and you will quickly understand.
Somehow I never really fall prey to this tactic. I'm just too slow at grinding tech trees Laughing
CountOfTuscany
CountOfTuscany

Back to top Go down

Post  we_just_dinged_em Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:41 am

Can I hez you stuff?
we_just_dinged_em
we_just_dinged_em

http://www.noobmeter.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Bayart Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:31 am

The OPness of the waffle-troller E100 will decrease on regular servers, and the Borsig is now one of my favorite tenks.
Bayart
Bayart

Back to top Go down

Post  preunife42 Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:30 am

Instead of Waffentrager auf E-100 (Wft auf E-100) it should be called Wtf auf E-100 Very Happy
preunife42
preunife42

Back to top Go down

Post  preunife42 Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:36 am

we_just_dinged_em wrote:
Can I hez you stuff?
I just won't play tier 10 and 9. Or only a tier 10, for example Foch155, which is as troll Very Happy
preunife42
preunife42

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down