SGTA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Chatbox
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» The AFK thread
by Tecuani Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:15 am

» Basic - Camouflage and spotting - 26th of November - 19:30UTC
by ZerONRNS Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:42 am

» SGTA is moving!
by Vallu01 Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:57 am

» Trying to understand the T-34...
by Vallu01 Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:53 am

» Hello from Prometheus
by Pendergast Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:15 am

» Repeat of peek-a-boo lesson?
by JosefSvejk Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:57 pm

» M46 Patton, wat to do .vs TD division
by Rajahz Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:46 am

» T-44 Patrol Duty
by Wen90 Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:45 am

» Peek a boo lesson
by Madhias Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:51 am

New campaign coming

+6
Wasp
nilzatron
RoninRage
Vallu01
IronClaw
CheeZ0
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

New campaign coming Empty New campaign coming

Post  CheeZ0 Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:39 am

WOT new campaign

Yo all,

Anyone interested in having a crack at this? What's the general feeling around entering these contests.. at the least it would be a bit of fun and a learning experience?

I'd be up for giving it a crack.

CheeZ0

Back to top Go down

New campaign coming Empty Re: New campaign coming

Post  IronClaw Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:59 am

Posted a topic about this in the CW section when I first heard about it: so count me in! Wink
IronClaw
IronClaw
Lead Guide
Lead Guide

Back to top Go down

Post  Vallu01 Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:47 am

Most likely there won't be anything. Last time we did this it took away too much time from everything and there's no real benefit from participating. Expect for those few who really, really wanna do it and rest get dragged in.

We are more concentrated on the 7/42 as it needs less people and is easier to organize and train for.
Vallu01
Vallu01
ADMIN
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post  IronClaw Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:06 am

New campaign coming Sad-Cat
IronClaw
IronClaw
Lead Guide
Lead Guide

Back to top Go down

Post  RoninRage Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:42 am

I thought about it till the annoucement was made. I think I will not participate, well if it is SGTA2 doing this and you need someone to fill up space who has played in the last CW campaing already and who had the training for it, I am online and I got time I will of course help.

But the last time showed, that this action stopped all other things (lessons, map tours, TC's and so on) which is not good in my opinion for sgta. Even if I enjoyed it and it was great fun it was really exhausting. Also it stopps grinding tanks and advancing on other fields in my opinion. Next point is the FC's last time there where rancid,ding,PHJ,Boosb,vallu willing to command and at the moment we can be lucky to have enough to have TC's twice a week (which most of the time does not include junior TC's). This is no criticism this is just to mention that there also has to be someone experienced who is commanding.

I have to admit I am also more interessted in 7/42 because as we have seen playing it on the test server just grab an FC (thanks Wasp/blackchamber for asking me to participate in this by the way) and some available SGTA members and of we go. I know this mode also needs more practice, training and also more specific tanks than we got at the moment but in my opinion this will not influence the whole academy as much as CW did.

But just my 2 cents. If necessary and possible I will help but not if others are more eager to.

Greets
Ronin
RoninRage
RoninRage
Guide
Guide

Back to top Go down

Post  nilzatron Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:31 am

New campaign coming Sad-baby
nilzatron
nilzatron
Guide
Guide

Back to top Go down

Post  Wasp Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:55 am

Clan wars is not called the meat grinder for nothing Wink 
It needs loads of time and while landings you sit around 15-30min to play 15min and then the same, five times in a row. You basically get your whole evening blocked.
I agree with all what Ronin and Vallu said, they have reasonable arguments for not playing cw this time.

Still I am eager to play atleast 2-3 battles with the old crew just for the sake of testing our own limits again Very Happy
So I think SGTA2 will have a flashing special button once or twice Twisted Evil 
Wasp
Wasp
DEP. COMMANDER
DEP. COMMANDER

Back to top Go down

Post  IronClaw Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:55 am

RoninRage wrote:
But the last time showed, that this action stopped all other things (lessons, map tours, TC's and so on) which is not good in my opinion for sgta. Even if I enjoyed it and it was great fun it was really exhausting. Also it stopps grinding tanks and advancing on other fields in my opinion.
Just wanted to counter this a bit, because there's always two sides to a story.
I agree that it stopped most of the other activities, but that was only for a short while.  It's not like the campaign lasted for several months. Also, this is probably a very personal thing, but I learned more in a few nights of CW-ing, than in most of the lessons I followed combined. That is also not criticism, it's just because the CW stuff is a lot more intense.
On top of that, I felt that the CW campaign added a *LOT* in clan-spirit. I've never since seen so many people in SGTA online while talking in TS and chatting in various channels at the same time.

I feel it could well be combined. Replace the TC on saturday with CW battles for example. We wouldn't have to play CW every night, just a few pre-planned nights would be fine.

Last but not least, I don't think it halts any personal grinding, at least not more than a night of lessons or a night of TC does. A night of lessons brings you no XP or credits anyway, and a night of TC's or 7/42 is played with specific tanks as much as CW is. So especially when you say that you are very interested in 7/42, that is kind of a moot point.

As far as the FC's go... if you want to play with two 7/42 teams, you need twice the amount of FC's as you do when playing with one CW team... So if you feel we'll be short on FC's for a CW campaign, then we should halt the 7/42 thing as well, because that will require even more FC's who then won't be able to run lessons because they'll be too busy doing 7/42's...
(Seeing how our instructors and FC's all made a 7/42 team together, I think the impact of that on the lessons and TC's might be a bit bigger than you think...)

Last edited by IronClaw on Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:00 am; edited 1 time in total
IronClaw
IronClaw
Lead Guide
Lead Guide

Back to top Go down

Post  Wasp Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:58 am

IronClaw wrote:

I feel it could well be combined. Replace the TC on saturday with CW battles for example. We wouldn't have to play CW every night, just a few pre-planned nights would be fine.
Sounds like a plan Very Happy
At least for SGTA2 we should have enough FCs. Clem is back, Boobs and me are around. So yeah I like that suggestion
Wasp
Wasp
DEP. COMMANDER
DEP. COMMANDER

Back to top Go down

Post  nilzatron Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:39 am

IronClaw wrote:
On top of that, I felt that the CW campaign added a *LOT* in clan-spirit. I've never since seen so many people in SGTA online while talking in TS and chatting in various channels at the same time.

Completely agree with Iron. There is quite a bit of interest in CW from students. And seeing as some people will want to transfer over to a clan that plays CW at some point, it seems like a good idea to have those interested participate. I only got into SGTA during the T8 phase of the last campaign, but people really cared about it. Even a lot of the people that were not participating were hanging out in HQ or on TS to keep tabs on how we were doing.

IronClaw wrote:
As far as the FC's go... if you want to play with two 7/42 teams, you need twice the amount of FC's as you do when playing with one CW team... So if you feel we'll be short on FC's for a CW campaign, then we should halt the 7/42 thing as well, because that will require even more FC's who then won't be able to run lessons because they'll be too busy doing 7/42's...
(Seeing how our instructors and FC's all made a 7/42 team together, I think the impact of that on the lessons and TC's might be a bit bigger than you think...)
In all honesty, I feel that inadvertantly the two might be connected. If the designated FC's we have are more excited about 7/42, they'll be less motivated to FC in CW and thus (subconsciously) more susceptible to support reasons against playing CW.
nilzatron
nilzatron
Guide
Guide

Back to top Go down

Post  Vallu01 Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:00 am

The way I see it we have 2 ways of participating in CW. First is what we did last time, clan wide participating and training. That's already been decided against. We don't have enough FC's for both clans that can dedicate to training and doing CW many nights in row at set times. Having 2 clans makes this too complicated for us at the moment.

Second way is if we have someone who volunteers to be FC. Wasp already said he will do it for SGTA2. This of course requires getting enough players together at the right time.
If anyone in SGTA wants to try this out I would be willing to give them Field Commander status for the duration of the CW campaign.

And for those who wonder why there is more interest for being an FC for 7/42. It's quite simple, it's easier. You are not bound by set times, your teams are smaller, hence they are easier to command. It's lot less work and stress.
Vallu01
Vallu01
ADMIN
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post  RoninRage Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:13 am

@IronClaw yes I know my opinion on the last campaign might seem a bit biased but I thought someone should point out some negativ aspects.

Well some planned evenings for me are something different.
Count me in available tiers: 4, 6 and 8 to closer specify bring on a list what tanks we want to use and don't forget that the CW section is not visible to everybody and the list there proved to be not viable(at least on lower tiers for some tanks) last time
 And yes I know I am in a bad mood today but if guys like me and more unexperienced want to play with the veterans of CW there has work to be done on the mindset as medium TC's proof to keep the comrads and FC's in a stable mood. you know the rage word PUSH. Sorry again my opinion. Rolling Eyes 

Greets
Ronin

Last edited by RoninRage on Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:48 am; edited 1 time in total
RoninRage
RoninRage
Guide
Guide

Back to top Go down

Post  blackchamber Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:46 am

Vallu01 wrote:And for those who wonder why there is more interest for being an FC for 7/42. It's quite simple, it's easier. You are not bound by set times, your teams are smaller, hence they are easier to command. It's lot less work and stress.
Its a bit off topic, but difference in 7/42 mode is also that there is no clear FC. For the guys participating in 7/42 on the test server already, you know how wasp handled it. He gave the general idea of what to do, where to go and the rest is up to us and up to being a cohesive unit, having the teamwork, taking hits for each other and so on. In 7/42 you cant have a FC that micromanages you all the time, you have to step up to the plate yourself. That is the reason why 7/42 is such an interesting but also very demanding mode if you take it serious(there is always the option to yolo and bring 5 artys or smth like that).

I think having a relatively casual approach to clanwars is a good thing for sgta and if people like to do it, we will go for it.
One problem for sgta1 though is the lack of FC's(vallu is not doing it), so I am not sure how that works out....

blackchamber
INSTRUCTOR
INSTRUCTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  fluffy_paw Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:46 am

Wasp wrote:Clan wars is not called the meat grinder for nothing Wink 
It needs loads of time and while landings you sit around 15-30min to play 15min and then the same, five times in  a row. You basically get your whole evening blocked.
I agree with all what Ronin and Vallu said, they have reasonable arguments for not playing cw this time.

Still I am eager to play atleast 2-3 battles with the old crew just for the sake of testing our own limits again Very Happy
So I think SGTA2 will have a flashing special button once or twice  Twisted Evil 

Can I be moved to SGTA2? ;p

fluffy_paw

Back to top Go down

Post  CheeZ0 Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:48 am

Thanks for the debate guys!

I haven't played 7/42 but my understanding was that it was an upgrade to random games in that you could join a 'random' team of like-skilled people and do battle against like-skilled people. i.e. better matchmaking.

I assumed from the brief that it might be a couple of even matched platoons looking for a few extra people to make up the number to 7. Did I get it wrong?

Why the rush to be 'pro' at 7/42? what's the matchmaking going to be like? If you have a 7/42 platoon commander with 20k games, 56% win rate (and wn7 at 2300 perhaps) then you surely will get pitted against similar opposition?

It's supposed to be making for better games, not just seal clubbing, because lets face it, that's pretty shit too.

Why is it then that it is being treated like a new 'clan wars'?

I for one cant wait to play 7/42 but does that mean I wont get in any 'random' type 7/42s as they will always be populated by clans?

CheeZ0

Back to top Go down

Post  RoninRage Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:57 am

on 7/42 QB made an info video about this which might answer most or all of your questions:
Video:
RoninRage
RoninRage
Guide
Guide

Back to top Go down

Post  CheeZ0 Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:44 am

good video, I reckon m8ee boy wouldn't be so cocky on an open map against mr hummel! Very Happy 

So the guy says pretty much what I described, which is why I am a bit confused with the whole 'sign up here for SGTA 7/42' type threads with your tank list..

anyhow back to the campaign.. doesn't anyone want the chance to win 1mill gold?

CheeZ0

Back to top Go down

Post  blackchamber Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:12 am

CheeZ0 wrote:good video, I reckon m8ee boy wouldn't be so cocky on an open map against mr hummel! Very Happy 

So the guy says pretty much what I described, which is why I am a bit confused with the whole 'sign up here for SGTA 7/42' type threads with your tank list..

anyhow back to the campaign.. doesn't anyone want the chance to win 1mill gold?
I didnt create the list thread for 7/42 so that people sign up. I did it so that people have an overlook of the tanks available and the tanks that are mostly used. The 2 topics concerning 7/42 are made to find possible teammates for 7/42 in sgta.
For me personally if I play that mode I dont want to play with random people but rather the guys I know and that I have played with often.

blackchamber
INSTRUCTOR
INSTRUCTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  fluffy_paw Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:18 am

blackchamber wrote:

For me personally if I play that mode I dont want to play with random people but rather the guys I know and that I have played with often.
I think everyone understand by now that *you guys* have your own team for 7/42 Wink

/M

fluffy_paw

Back to top Go down

Post  RoninRage Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:47 am

hmmm as a positiv thinking person I doubt that it would be different then it was when 7/42 was tried on the test server. But I think it is a nice training opportunity for all of us students who are interessted.

It will be announced and who wants to join can join at least I believe/hope/think so. And as I have experienced on the test server it is not TC or CW where everything is more like go there and f ... ups kill everything there so it is more sort of dependent on player skill and as blackchamber said it might be easier to command (no idea on commanding but what i've experienced so far) and more a general thing on player skills. Also just because there are 2 teams it does not mean (at least I don't think so) that this will be somesort stat dependent also if in example some guys want to do a bit of esl or stuff like that of the instructors and graduates and they say no not everybody I am fine with that too. Because I remember back a bit when StreetsAhead, Flash and me tried the 3 vs 3 tournament of highflyer where also an instructor team was participating was good because they trained with us, went around the maps and showed stuff to us. Why should this be any different? Also I made last week the experience just drop by at the TS channel where the staff and instructors tooned just joined a platoon and there we go. I think this whole elite stuff is a bit "made" up they are normal people like everybody else and if you ask for a toon and they got a spot there is no problem with joining them as far as I've experienced.
hmmm as a positiv thinking person I doubt that it would be different then it was when 7/42 was tried on the test server. But I think it is a nice training opportunity for all of us students who are interessted.

It will be announced and who wants to join can join at least I think so. And as I have experienced on the test server it is not TC or CW where everything is more like go there and f ... ups kill everything there so it is more sort of dependent on player skill and as blackchamber said it might be easier to command (no idea on commanding but what i've experienced so far) and more a general thing on player skills. Also just because there are 2 teams it does not mean (at least I don't think so) that this will be somesort stat dependent also if in example some guys want to do a bit of esl or stuff like that of the instructors and graduates and they say no not everybody I am fine with that too. Because I remember back a bit when StreetsAhead, Flash and me tried the 3 vs 3 tournament of highflyer where also an instructor team was participating was good because they trained with us, went around the maps and showed stuff to us. Why should this be any different? Also I made last week the experience just drop by at the TS channel where the staff and instructors tooned just joined a platoon and there we go. I think this whole "elite" stuff is a bit "made" up because they play cookieclicker like everyone else. That many people in the beginning are quite shy is totally understandable but you can't change it that easy.

Nice timing btw...
RoninRage
RoninRage
Guide
Guide

Back to top Go down

Post  Wasp Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:49 pm

wow that grew offtopic quite fast Very Happy

It seems like there is a the need to talk about 7/42 more than we did till now.

From my part it looks like this:
This new game mode got me excited from the moment WG announced it. I have played a few ESL tournaments with Trevez back in the Rebels and I always liked the high level of competetiveness in the ESL. It comes down to the players skills and the decisions they take on their own.

Since I have this "history" I look at the 7/42 mode from a very competetive sight. Playing against other teams and discovering your own limits can help alot to improve your gameplay. I am still trying to get better and so this mode offered the opportunity to step up my game against even better teams.
Most of you might know it by now, I asked the instructors/guides whether they are interested in forming a team for the new mode. They agreed and we found that we all share the competetive approach.
So yes, I will play the new mode with those guys at the beginning and maybe we will play it alot if we enjoy it.

I see the concerns you guys have. About us spending too much time playing 7 vs. 7 and forgetting our duties like doing lessons, TCs and trainings. I am pretty confident that we will find a way to make everyone happy since we will not play that new game mode 24/7 for sure.

But still if you think we get carried away simply tell me. All things in the clan come down to communication.
If you have concerns, problems or suggestions the worst you can do is keep them to yourself and get fed up because nothing changes.
I am not killing people, because they tell me I focus too much on team skill training atm and neither is anyone else here Very Happy 

tl;dr
The 7/42 is hyped atm and we will have a team of instructors. If you get the felling that we are neglecting our other duties due to the new mode give us a heads up Very Happy

Wasp

@Ronin: Everybody is the same infront of the mighty cookieclicker Razz 
Wasp
Wasp
DEP. COMMANDER
DEP. COMMANDER

Back to top Go down

Post  Wasp Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:57 pm

On topic:

- We will substitute one TC night (the saturday one) with a cw landing for sure.

- Moreover if there is high interest we might have some more landings but they will be more spontaneous.

For SGTA2 we have enough FCs to cover the saturday landing.
For SGTA it looks different, Vallu will not FC this time.

So we need somebody to take the initiative to step up and take that job for some battles.
If you need help with the general tactics for a specific map or stuff like that, I will happily assist.
But you have to go into the battles yourself, I can not take that from you geek 
Wasp
Wasp
DEP. COMMANDER
DEP. COMMANDER

Back to top Go down

Post  Vampir_Kifla Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:50 am

Wasp wrote:I am still trying to get better
Capping afro
Vampir_Kifla
Vampir_Kifla
INSTRUCTOR
INSTRUCTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  we_just_dinged_em Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:05 am

wasp, shoot the red tenks, you will improve your stats Smile
we_just_dinged_em
we_just_dinged_em

http://www.noobmeter.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Wasp Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:04 pm

we_just_dinged_em wrote:wasp, shoot the red tenks, you will improve your stats Smile
But Vampir is always in the green team... Cool 
Wasp
Wasp
DEP. COMMANDER
DEP. COMMANDER

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next