SGTA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Chatbox
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» The AFK thread
by Tecuani Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:15 am

» Basic - Camouflage and spotting - 26th of November - 19:30UTC
by ZerONRNS Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:42 am

» SGTA is moving!
by Vallu01 Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:57 am

» Trying to understand the T-34...
by Vallu01 Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:53 am

» Hello from Prometheus
by Pendergast Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:15 am

» Repeat of peek-a-boo lesson?
by JosefSvejk Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:57 pm

» M46 Patton, wat to do .vs TD division
by Rajahz Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:46 am

» T-44 Patrol Duty
by Wen90 Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:45 am

» Peek a boo lesson
by Madhias Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:51 am

Daylight Saving Time (DST) has ended.

4 posters

Go down

Daylight Saving Time (DST) has ended. Empty Daylight Saving Time (DST) has ended.

Post  Vallu01 Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:32 am

As you may have noticed in most of Europe clocks magically moved 1 hour backwards last night. If you don't know what DST is just use wikipedia like everyone else http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daylight_saving_time

In practice all time zones have moved backwards 1 hour, to where they normally are. So British isles are UTC/GMT +0. Western/Central Europe UTC/GMT +1. Eastern Europe UTC/GMT +2.

This also means that UTC time of classes and TC are going to change 1 hour later than usual. In practice they will be the same time for you.
Vallu01
Vallu01
ADMIN
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Daylight Saving Time (DST) has ended. Empty Re: Daylight Saving Time (DST) has ended.

Post  IronClaw Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:39 am

Vallu01 wrote:As you may have noticed in most of Europe clocks magically moved 1 hour backwards last night. If you don't know what DST is just use wikipedia like everyone else http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daylight_saving_time

In practice all time zones have moved backwards 1 hour, to where they normally are. So British isles are UTC/GMT +0. Western/Central Europe UTC/GMT +1. Eastern Europe UTC/GMT +2.

This also means that UTC time of classes and TC are going to change 1 hour later than usual. In practice they will be the same time for you.
I thought we just did everything in UTC. Turns out we do everything in CET, but just post the times in UTC, meaning we have to update all the times according to summertime?
Why not just make everything in CET then? (Think I asked before, but forgot the answer)
IronClaw
IronClaw
Lead Guide
Lead Guide

Back to top Go down

Daylight Saving Time (DST) has ended. Empty Re: Daylight Saving Time (DST) has ended.

Post  we_just_dinged_em Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:39 am

thank god for radio controlled clocks!
we_just_dinged_em
we_just_dinged_em

http://www.noobmeter.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Vallu01 Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:48 am

We voted about it a long time ago. It's easier to convert the time from UTC/GMT which never changes. Certainly CET/CEST is easy for everyone living in that time zone and not too problematic for anyone in Europe. But for those few that are from other time zones it causes problems.
Vallu01
Vallu01
ADMIN
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post  IronClaw Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:17 pm

Vallu01 wrote: But for those few that are from other time zones it causes problems.
As opposed to causing problems for everyone cos we're constantly converting times to our own timezones and on top of it having to worry about DST? I used to just go forumtime+2, but now I must do forumtime+1 or I'll be late Sad
Meh, I think it'd be a lot easier to stick to CET. It has the same problem as UTC, just for a lot less people. (but I'll let it rest now Wink )

IronClaw
IronClaw
Lead Guide
Lead Guide

Back to top Go down

Post  Daeworn Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:40 am

IronClaw wrote:
Vallu01 wrote: But for those few that are from other time zones it causes problems.
As opposed to causing problems for everyone cos we're constantly converting times to our own timezones and on top of it having to worry about DST? I used to just go forumtime+2, but now I must do forumtime+1 or I'll be late Sad
Meh, I think it'd be a lot easier to stick to CET. It has the same problem as UTC, just for a lot less people. (but I'll let it rest now Wink)

Or simply check the "forum time" on our FORUM CLOCKS and you know if you have 3 or 5 hours left and set up your alarm accordingly. What a Face

Daeworn

Back to top Go down

Post  IronClaw Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:54 am

Daeworn wrote:
Or simply check the "forum time" on our FORUM CLOCKS and you know if you have 3 or 5 hours left and set up your alarm accordingly. What a Face
I never claimed it was impossible or rocket science to figure it out. Just that could be a bit simpler Wink
IronClaw
IronClaw
Lead Guide
Lead Guide

Back to top Go down

Post  Daeworn Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:28 am

IronClaw wrote:
Daeworn wrote:
I never claimed it was impossible or rocket science to figure it out. Just that could be a bit simpler Wink
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler." ... Albert Einstein

(but, this really starts to be spam on my side, so I end with this post)

Daeworn

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down