SGTA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Chatbox
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» The AFK thread
by Tecuani Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:15 am

» Basic - Camouflage and spotting - 26th of November - 19:30UTC
by ZerONRNS Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:42 am

» SGTA is moving!
by Vallu01 Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:57 am

» Trying to understand the T-34...
by Vallu01 Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:53 am

» Hello from Prometheus
by Pendergast Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:15 am

» Repeat of peek-a-boo lesson?
by JosefSvejk Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:57 pm

» M46 Patton, wat to do .vs TD division
by Rajahz Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:46 am

» T-44 Patrol Duty
by Wen90 Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:45 am

» Peek a boo lesson
by Madhias Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:51 am

Ingame attitude

+9
RoninRage
glooscap
IronClaw
Vallu01
CountOfTuscany
we_just_dinged_em
Wasp
Dannyboy
Brainfarter
13 posters

Go down

Ingame attitude Empty Ingame attitude

Post  Brainfarter Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:15 pm

Hi there

I dont know how to adress this but here are some of my observations / thoughts on the subject.

In my view many players complain all the time. There is always a complaint going on about how tomato the teams are, how much you carry and still lose, how bad MM is, how terrible teams we get, how unlucky we are to get ammoracked etc. And how bad patchday works, how there are still bugs in the game and Oh yes - and FU Serb!
I think we have heard every aspect of the whining / complaining / hard-hit of RNG-hammer.
I may even have been hit by the hammer myself, kicked the dog, yelled at the kids and so on - but...

I find that these outbursts have taken over a lot of clanchat. The focus on every negative aspect or event that didnt make you win the last round is draining the fun of the game rapidly.
And worst of all what we are here in SGTA for - to optimize our game in every possible aspect.
Some going from red to green, some from green to the purple-land. But optimizing none the less.
To my horror it is also spreading out of clan. With an SGTA-logo on tank, I have seen players write idiots, noobs and much worse things to other players. We are all ambassadours of SGTA, please dont let it be the thing SGTA is known for.

The effect of all that negative energy being used so counter-productive should be obvious to us all:

Your learning curve flattens out if you always project a loss on to something out of your reach. (MM, tomatoteams, strange bounces etc.).

What if - just sometimes - the mirror is being put up and you see what you have influence on, and focus on that?
Yes, you cannot do anything (or very little) against the ammorack. But what put you in the situation that got you hit in the first place?
Yes, there are bad teams out there. What can you do about it? Fix the MM?

What you CAN do something about is your own attitude, your own performance and your own fun.

Try to ask yourself some of these questions

What was my goal in this battle?
Did i accomplice my goal?
What did i do correct and what can i take with me to other games?
Where did i do less correct?
What can i learn from that, and what should i do differently in other games?
Did i help my team in winning?
etc. (I bet some of you guys have some SUPER questions to ask yourself after a match to assess your efforts)

If nothing is to be said -I honestly dont think you answered sincerely on all. Or congratulations you just had the first totally perfect game ever, and you owe us an upload of it.

Lets go have fun guys, its a game and the SGTA spirit of learning should be part of every win, and also every defeat.

Spread the love - in armoured vehicles

/B

tl;dr: I found this quote which I hope we could keep in mind when we play and learn:
"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I can not change, courage to change the things I can, and wisdom to know the difference."
Reinhold Niebuhr (1892-1971)
Brainfarter
Brainfarter
Lead Guide
Lead Guide

Back to top Go down

Ingame attitude Empty Re: Ingame attitude

Post  Dannyboy Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:39 pm

Hear hear

I think we all, most certainly myself including, have the habit of blaming external factors, even where there is some reason as to do so.

The worst is as the counter is counting down at the beginning of the game and some players are already saying 'we've lost' before a shot has even been fired.

I would almost suggest not using xvm as that is probably at the heart of a lot of complaining.

Dannyboy

Back to top Go down

Post  Wasp Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:44 pm

I can not agree more, Brain Very Happy

The HQ channel is only filled with complains or bragging atm.
I catch myself more and more to just let it blink and go for another match before checking it again.

On a positive note: There are more people bragging than complaining Razz 
Wasp
Wasp
DEP. COMMANDER
DEP. COMMANDER

Back to top Go down

Post  we_just_dinged_em Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:48 pm

one of the many reasons I only join the channel to troll and look for my buddies these days Smile
we_just_dinged_em
we_just_dinged_em

http://www.noobmeter.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Brainfarter Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:24 am

Its just spreading beyond chat into attitude towards game and other players - thats the main trouble i see in this.

Instead of focusing on the negative (and there IS plenty to take from) I would just hope that there could be a positive spin instead. It starts with attitude.
Brainfarter
Brainfarter
Lead Guide
Lead Guide

Back to top Go down

Post  CountOfTuscany Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:43 am

I'm one of those who is responsible for the bad attitude, sorry for that guys. (You can also tell me in chat to calm down)
The game is often getting to much on my nerves. Sometimes it's more stressful than relaxing.

This is also why I took a little break recently. It might be useful for me to take a break again...

Anyway, if you find me moaning in the chat, just tell me to shut up, HQ channel is no place for moaning.

TLDR, Time for me to take a break....
CountOfTuscany
CountOfTuscany

Back to top Go down

Post  Brainfarter Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:03 am

Actually i find it totally alright to feel bad about the game at some times. Its just that its extremely counter-productive to moan.
Define what you could have done to avoid the bad situation, try to improve that to next match and all the stuff we have no impact on - shrug. Its like complaining about the weather, theres nothing we can do about it.

By asking and answering the questions i put in earlier very honestly to oneself, there might be places to improve.

Its not only in game this accounts for - its actually life in total.

(I also know ppl who find their energy in complaining about stuff, and then "get it done" - but thats a totally different management-issue).

/B
Brainfarter
Brainfarter
Lead Guide
Lead Guide

Back to top Go down

Post  Vallu01 Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:03 am

Ingame attitude Seal%252520of%252520approval

Vallu01
Vallu01
ADMIN
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post  IronClaw Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:31 am

we_just_dinged_em wrote:I only join the channel to troll
Maybe if we all just stopped doing that, it'd be a nice channel? Wink
IronClaw
IronClaw
Lead Guide
Lead Guide

Back to top Go down

Post  we_just_dinged_em Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:56 am

IronClaw wrote:
we_just_dinged_em wrote:I only join the channel to troll
Maybe if we all just stopped doing that, it'd be a nice channel? Wink
If people nibble on the float, I'll keep on fishing.
we_just_dinged_em
we_just_dinged_em

http://www.noobmeter.com

Back to top Go down

Post  glooscap Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:50 am

Nice post Brainfarter and I agree.
This older post might also be apt reading -
https://sgta.forumotion.com/t47-why-things-fail
glooscap
glooscap

Back to top Go down

Post  RoninRage Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:58 pm

Really nice post brainfarter!

And yes I agree to a point but I think there is also lots of helping going on in this channel if it is of technical nature (mods, fps issues, etc) or in game
I was never left alone when I asked a question in there also I try to help others as far as I am able to.

So to all: don't blame it, don't say f* this i don't even join because there is always only whining and swearing around try to participate in a good way to make this channel a positiv place too.

Greets
Ronin
RoninRage
RoninRage
Guide
Guide

Back to top Go down

Post  Daeworn Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:39 pm

I found out two things yesterday (whining also on the clan chat Embarassed ). When I toon with someone and we have a bad game, I actually don't whine on clan chat and instead discuss with toon mate(s), what I think went wrong, what I (we) did badly and etc. As he (she) was there with me and we can share opinion of each other and then move on. But if I am alone, I tend to share my disappointment with whole clan. Which as "Brain..." pointed out is not much productive, I agree with that. But it is partly kind of subconscious need to know the opinion, which probably makes me to spam chat.
Second thing is, when you drive a tank for a while, people (counting me too) tend to judge others in same tanks and forget how bad they were in their beginnings.

So probably those are mostly reasons, why I sometimes fail to control my emotions. And I will take that in account in the future and leave the clan chat for more productive discussions. We will see, if more tooning leads to less whining on clan chat What a Face

Daeworn

Back to top Go down

Post  jtaak (matt) Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:27 pm

I have found two things to be very useful :
1) Use a chat filter to mute all comments from dead teammates and enemies;
2) Padded armrests on your chair - prevents much fist damage.

jtaak (matt)

Back to top Go down

Post  CountOfTuscany Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:54 am

Daeworn wrote:I found out two things yesterday (whining also on the clan chat Embarassed). When I toon with someone and we have a bad game, I actually don't whine on clan chat and instead discuss with toon mate(s), what I think went wrong, what I (we) did badly and etc. As he (she) was there with me and we can share opinion of each other and then move on. But if I am alone, I tend to share my disappointment with whole clan. Which as "Brain..." pointed out is not much productive, I agree with that. But it is partly kind of subconscious need to know the opinion, which probably makes me to spam chat.
Second thing is, when you drive a tank for a while, people (counting me too) tend to judge others in same tanks and forget how bad they were in their beginnings.

So probably those are mostly reasons, why I sometimes fail to control my emotions. And I will take that in account in the future and leave the clan chat for more productive discussions. We will see, if more tooning leads to less whining on clan chat What a Face
This applies to me too. When I platoon I whine less in general (I know there are people who back me up in battle, so it's less frustrating). I would also mildly discuss the tactics we used in the toon-chat. Problem is that I often that play long series of battle. So I won't ask people for a few platoon battles, knowing I will only play a few battles...
CountOfTuscany
CountOfTuscany

Back to top Go down

Post  Bloodrave Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:38 am

I totally agree with Brainfarter, and just as Wasp I barely want to read that channel and don't feel like asking anything in it (I'm just there because joining that channel was asked of me when I joined this clan).

You can stop reading here if you are not interested in how I tackled the problem for myself.

I used to rage and blame my team, sometimes I still do (sniper E-75 for example still makes my blood boil) but I usually keep to myself and I just leave the game when I'm close to getting to the "raging at the game" part.

Many times in this and other forums people ask how they can better their game and most of the time people respond "learn the mechanics" or "platoon more" or ... But in my view this is only a small part of the equation, the main difference I see between very good players and average/good players is how they analyse how they played and don't hesitate to blame themself and see their own mistakes as worse than what other players might have done.

Knowing that I started to change my attitude towards the game and while I still looked at what the pubbies did wrong I mangified my errors: be it bad positioning, static play, bad damage trading at the wrong time in the game, ... I usually blamed myself for not doing enough to overcome my bad team. Now don't get me wrong some games you can't win (team goes from nearly all alive to nearly all dead in less than 2 minutes) and some tanks are not suited to carry games. But in those type of games I just try to get the maximum out of it and sell my hide at the highest possible price.

If you need to see an example of what I mean watch Quickybaby's stream, but don't watch it when he's having a good day watch it when he has a real bad day and look at how he reacts and blames his mistakes for losing the battle in the sea of red.

It's hard and some days you end up being pissed at yourself more than anything else but being pissed at yourself tends to be the most effective way to change your habits, sadly.

Since June my 60 day WN7 has fluctuated between 1750 and 2200, mostly depending on which tank and tier I was playing (atm I tend to have my best games in tier 6-8, working on T9 now so it's a bit lower). This more or less correlates to when I changed my view on the game.

This is just my 2 cents, maybe it can help someone
Bloodrave
Bloodrave

Back to top Go down

Post  zed22 Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:35 am

normally my attitude take effect after using spg because of a lots of miss shoot ( in one game i have 18 and did 0 damage ) Ingame attitude Sweating-onion-head-emoticon
i know about that but can't find a way to solve it ( it effect also my in game chat when i'm angry at other people - normally i don't care about that it but after using spg it turn so bad ....Ingame attitude Sweetdrop-onion-head-emoticon)
also sometimes it effect come to HQ channel .Ingame attitude Sigh-onion-head-emoticon
sorryIngame attitude Neko%20024
zed22
zed22

Back to top Go down

Post  CountOfTuscany Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:32 am

Lately I watched some live sessions on Quickybaby's Twitch. Noticed that he had some horrible battles too, but kept (reasonably) calm which also kept his head clear so he could react to changing situations on the battlefield.
Found some interesting youtube video of him about keeping calm and carry on.  Don't know if you saw it already, but it's at least some food for thought for me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q44ZSh96ZvQ&feature=c4-overview&list=UUQWHq9e1hN268yjgYq-0hNw
CountOfTuscany
CountOfTuscany

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum