SGTA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Chatbox
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» The AFK thread
by Tecuani Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:15 am

» Basic - Camouflage and spotting - 26th of November - 19:30UTC
by ZerONRNS Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:42 am

» SGTA is moving!
by Vallu01 Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:57 am

» Trying to understand the T-34...
by Vallu01 Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:53 am

» Hello from Prometheus
by Pendergast Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:15 am

» Repeat of peek-a-boo lesson?
by JosefSvejk Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:57 pm

» M46 Patton, wat to do .vs TD division
by Rajahz Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:46 am

» T-44 Patrol Duty
by Wen90 Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:45 am

» Peek a boo lesson
by Madhias Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:51 am

Racist abuse not being investigated

4 posters

Go down

Racist abuse not being investigated Empty Racist abuse not being investigated

Post  godjira Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:45 pm

A "friend" submitted a ticket because they encountered racist abuse in chat.

This is the ticket and Wargaming's entirely inadequate response. It would appear hate crime is acceptable in moderation.

Ticket ID YNB-313-84130

Category:
World of Tanks
Sub-category:
Inappropriate Naming

In game, a player asked everyone to submit a ticket for a very well played Jackson who picked up top gun on the enemy team for camping, when I pointed out I didn't have a button for that and I didn't think was a reportable offence he used racist abuse in the chat.

Using racist abuse is actually a crime here in the UK, I hope Wargaming has a similar attitude to it's use in game.

replay and screenshot attached, I too was done over by the Jackson, but I just thought it was good play...

Irena Brokh 06 November 2013 09:03

Hello there,

Thank you for contacting Wargaming support - I hope you are doing well.Smile

I am deeply sorry that you encountered such player and please be assured that appropriate actions will be taken for his actions.

But I would also like to draw attention to the recent change of how reports system is working now. In the hopes of improving our customer service we have, since very early on, been refining the in-game reports system to make sure it would cover the eventualities needed by our players on a day to day basis. At this time we are confident enough that our system is working well. Enough to handle all your report requests and enough parameters have been included and cross checked to ensure its fairness and effectiveness.

Therefore we are not processing reports manually anymore. At this time the report limit has been fixed at 5 per day, this is currently being evaluated but at some point we will have to set a permanent maximum number; when this decision is done, however, please keep in mind that players who are “offending” in any way, usually are so in a consistent manner- So if you are out of reports yourself, this player is bound to be reported by someone else soon.

We thank you as always for your understanding and collaboration in helping us keep a clean and fair gaming environment.

Best regards,

Irena Brokh
WG Customer Support EU
https://support.worldoftanks.eu

godjira
godjira

http://www.godjira.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Racist abuse not being investigated Empty Re: Racist abuse not being investigated

Post  Brainfarter Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:13 pm

Ok.
Technically they are not saying they do not investigate, but that they investigate by following number of reports on players and not the manual report you made.

What sort of report should we make on racist behaviour then? Unfair play?

I dont even remember the different categories.
Normally I use all of mine on Idle/Bot players.

Its a mystery to me how many open game, click battle and then go afk. Just this morning I had a team with 5 afk until mid-battle where two of them woke up just to go and get killed almost instantly (something smells botty)

Brainfarter
Brainfarter
Lead Guide
Lead Guide

Back to top Go down

Racist abuse not being investigated Empty Re: Racist abuse not being investigated

Post  Daeworn Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:27 pm

As I read it. They say that they are sorry and they know he submitted a ticket (which was right thing to do), but because their new policy is to boost in game reports (5 attempts a day for like 8 categories, right confused ), they can't say if they will do anything about it. They actually did not say it directly, but also did not say they will do anything about it. So his ignore list is bigger and he has to learn to ignore it.

BTW: more than those abusers (they can be shut up by ignore command), I don’t like people, who are dead, feel offended somehow and because you are still living and enemy searches for you, they reveal your position in public chat. They may not believe, but if there is 3 vs 1, and all of them go to your location, instead spread out, he takes out your chance to still win this. Dead people should be silenced.

Daeworn

Back to top Go down

Post  Brainfarter Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:53 pm

Totally agree about the silencing of dead players.
I myself cannot shut up if I stay in a match. Trying to help ofc - not the other thing about revealing ally positions. But the help almost always turns out as spam, so what i do now is just stfu an move on.
Brainfarter
Brainfarter
Lead Guide
Lead Guide

Back to top Go down

Post  Kokotni Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:41 pm

You can understand in a way what they are trying to say. A lot of people would submit manual tickets to report players as they had little faith in the automated report system, and from WG's point of view, they want to encourage folk to use the automated system, and the only way for that to happen is by stopping responding to ticket submissions where an alternative method exists. The issue from a players point of view is that the number of reports you are allowed to make is pitiful, if you just count bots/afk players you see, I'd want something like the ability to make 50 reports a day, and thats before any other reportable offences, like abuse, revealing ally position, unfair play etc.

Daeworn - regarding those who reveal allied positions get everyone you can to report them in game, providing of course they havent used up their 5 reporting tickets of course Wink

With regards to the silencing of dead players, its a difficult one for me. There are times when some well offered advice or pinging of the map from a dead player, can actually change the course of the game and turn a loss into a victory, providing those players left alive take any notice that is. This worked for me yesterday when we had 3 arty against a sole Marder with 8 kills, having given some advice one arty went off on his own and died, the other 2 kind of worked together to get a victory. However on the other hand I've been in situations where I've had 5 different players trying to give me advice on how to handle a situation when I'm last alive, which is all contradictory, and I've ended up telling them to shut up and let me play my own game. Added to that all the troll comments that you get from dead players, I guess going along the line of "dead men dont talk" would probably be the more favoured solution, as positive advice that is both given and taken is most likely minuscule in the whole context of dead chatter

Kokotni

Back to top Go down

Post  Daeworn Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:34 am

My point of view is, the chat is communication channel between tanks on battlefield, but when tank is killed, who can communicate. Those pings can’t be probably stopped, maybe even chat cannot, but pings are not shown to enemy, so they are not so harmful. On other hand dead people advising alive once give a bit of huge advantage to survive once as they are simply their other eyes. This way can alone Heavy concentrate on facehuging and crossing guns, while his colleague zooms out and can watch his back (the surroundings as whole) if somebody is trying to flank him. This takes out some pressure and gives the heavy a real advantage against solo players. Maybe automatic kick from battle to garage will be solution, but than you can not learn from a live performance of experienced players by watching them in-game (except replays or live streams).

Daeworn

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down