SGTA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Chatbox
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» The AFK thread
by Tecuani Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:15 am

» Basic - Camouflage and spotting - 26th of November - 19:30UTC
by ZerONRNS Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:42 am

» SGTA is moving!
by Vallu01 Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:57 am

» Trying to understand the T-34...
by Vallu01 Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:53 am

» Hello from Prometheus
by Pendergast Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:15 am

» Repeat of peek-a-boo lesson?
by JosefSvejk Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:57 pm

» M46 Patton, wat to do .vs TD division
by Rajahz Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:46 am

» T-44 Patrol Duty
by Wen90 Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:45 am

» Peek a boo lesson
by Madhias Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:51 am

Artists and Google pros, I need your help!

+2
SteelToedSneakers
Denolven
6 posters

Go down

Artists and Google pros, I need your help! Empty Artists and Google pros, I need your help!

Post  Denolven Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:38 pm

As you may know, I'm working on the Tanker's Handbook, a book that is supposed to be used as a guide, for teaching, and for looking things up. I make good progress, but there is a limit I won't pass. That is where I need you!

In this thread, I will announce when I need a certain type of picture - created by you or found in the depths of the internet, both will do. Those pictures are supposed to transport a certain message and will be included in the handbook. I made the simpler ones myself, the ones that transport information. But when it comes to feelings, my skills are far from being able to transport that. And often enough, using the Google search doesn't bring me the results I have in mind. So I hope to find someone more skilled in either field who helps me Smile

Last edited by Denolven on Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Denolven
Denolven
STAFF
STAFF

Back to top Go down

Artists and Google pros, I need your help! Empty The Curse

Post  Denolven Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:48 pm

First entry is a picture of a person, having something behind/above it. This "something" is the curse, some kind of image of it, following the person like a shadow. The feeling I want to transport is that as soon as you see that picture, you know the curse thing is leeching happiness out of the person sooner or later, bringing only despair to itself and everyone touched.
Maybe something similar to the Zabuza demon from Naruto (I'm not allowed to link it yet, sorry you have to google it yourself), but less badass and more gloomy/leeching

Other images that transport the curse/doom/despair/loneliness message might be ok as well - the motive is up to you, only the message counts.
Denolven
Denolven
STAFF
STAFF

Back to top Go down

Artists and Google pros, I need your help! Empty Re: Artists and Google pros, I need your help!

Post  SteelToedSneakers Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:38 am

Gloomy/doomy enough for you?

Artists and Google pros, I need your help! 956517-lovecraft_super

Or this? He's not having a good day, that's for sure!
Artists and Google pros, I need your help! Man-in-despair

This guy is alone, and not very happy about it.
Artists and Google pros, I need your help! Url?sa=i&source=images&cd=&docid=2N48SxDPw9w2hM&tbnid=w2oTqpkNhBvM1M:&ved=0CAUQjBwwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fthemeltingthought2000.files.wordpress.com%2F2011%2F10%2Falone

Edit: OMG, dat size!?!
SteelToedSneakers
SteelToedSneakers

http://www.kittelsaa.com

Back to top Go down

Artists and Google pros, I need your help! Empty Re: Artists and Google pros, I need your help!

Post  Denolven Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:23 am

Haha I like the first one, although it's not perfect for this cause. I'm looking for player + curse, not for curse + curse + curse + player, if you know what I mean Wink
More like that Anakin Skywalker picture where he got his future shadow.
Denolven
Denolven
STAFF
STAFF

Back to top Go down

Post  Vampir_Kifla Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:44 pm

Since you mentioned Zabuza from Naruto, one idea immediately came to my mind. A scene that I remember seeing, Naruto standing in front of people being sad while his shadow is the nine tails. Obviously, I couldn't find such picture, but I'll keep looking if it fits.
Vampir_Kifla
Vampir_Kifla
INSTRUCTOR
INSTRUCTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  HowTheStoryEnds Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:53 am

Artists and Google pros, I need your help! Desktop_Pedobear_background_XD_by_Lemon_of_Doom

Wink

but for my serious entry: Artists and Google pros, I need your help! 300px-Melencolia_I_(Durero)

Albrecht Dürer's Melancolia I, for better quality pictures search google images for "Albrecht Durer Melancholia" you'll get plenty.
HowTheStoryEnds
HowTheStoryEnds
Guide
Guide

Back to top Go down

Post  Vampir_Kifla Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:01 am

Something like this?
Artists and Google pros, I need your help! Naruto__s_shadow_by_canneryratt
Vampir_Kifla
Vampir_Kifla
INSTRUCTOR
INSTRUCTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Denolven Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:26 am

Hm, the problem is, I think, that I want it to be understood by everybody, not just a small group of people. Sure, Naruto has many fans. But only those (and maybe some japanese people) will get the nine tails reference, while a picture like the one where a demonic pattern appears behind Zabuza is understood by most people, even without background knowledge. Such images are rare, which is probably why I have trouble finding one for "curse". I'm not even sure that what I have in mind can be done.
Durer's work has the problem that the level of detail is too high. At this size (which is about the size it would be in the book) I can barely see what I'm looking at.
The pedo-bear got me, though - creepy thing Laughing

Thanks for your input Smile. No solution yet, but you made me think. Results of that will probably find a way into the book.

Last edited by Denolven on Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Denolven
Denolven
STAFF
STAFF

Back to top Go down

Post  Denolven Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:32 am

Second case (first one is still open). This one is easier, but for some weird reason I can't find anything usefull.
Image for the roles of attacker, defener and supporter. It can be simple, like symbols of sword and shield, or something else that people will connect to the idea of distribution of roles, offence, defence and/or teamwork. Again, trying to avoid pictures that are too special (the one I have now shows some pixel models from Final Fantasy 1/2/3 Laughing)
Denolven
Denolven
STAFF
STAFF

Back to top Go down

Post  lostplace Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:47 am

Maybe this will work.

Artists and Google pros, I need your help! Hagen_Siegfried

lostplace

Back to top Go down

Post  HowTheStoryEnds Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:40 pm

Artists and Google pros, I need your help! 233096_Papel-de-Parede-Bleach-Zangetsu_1280x1024
HowTheStoryEnds
HowTheStoryEnds
Guide
Guide

Back to top Go down

Post  Warheart1992 Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:07 am

Slenderman maybe ? Just an idea

Artists and Google pros, I need your help! Slenderman
Warheart1992
Warheart1992

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum