SGTA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Chatbox
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» The AFK thread
by Tecuani Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:15 am

» Basic - Camouflage and spotting - 26th of November - 19:30UTC
by ZerONRNS Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:42 am

» SGTA is moving!
by Vallu01 Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:57 am

» Trying to understand the T-34...
by Vallu01 Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:53 am

» Hello from Prometheus
by Pendergast Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:15 am

» Repeat of peek-a-boo lesson?
by JosefSvejk Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:57 pm

» M46 Patton, wat to do .vs TD division
by Rajahz Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:46 am

» T-44 Patrol Duty
by Wen90 Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:45 am

» Peek a boo lesson
by Madhias Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:51 am

AT 2 - tier 5 British TD

4 posters

Go down

AT 2 - tier 5 British TD Empty AT 2 - tier 5 British TD

Post  HowTheStoryEnds Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:07 pm

AT 2 - tier 5 British TD 793476cfad420a8dc8b96c290df30c5b
finding weak spots

found:
- cuppola
- gun mantlet
- the range finder 'cameras'
- the flat sides of the turret
- the little round hatch below the gun mantlet provided you shoot this last one with HE (see third replay).

The flat spots over the tracks are easily pennable but give no damage and no crits, so tracks just eat the shell.

addendum:
The side of the turret with the 'ears' is weaker, it's the flat spot that shows at the side of the stronger turret.

The crew hatches that slope down to the sides are weaker too, so you can pen the area below those those if you can shoot down on them either from the sides or because he's turned a bit away. (see 4th replay) We tried the hatches but think the angle they're in makes them to be unpenetrable. (T1 heavy top gun, regular ammo)
Shooting the rear axle of the AT 2 can result in damaging the engine. Also on its sides the AT 2 has a long 'grid' where the engine is behind, shoot near the back, say last 15% of it and you'll hit the engine with a very big chance of engine catching fire.

Recommendations: wiggle tank to protect mantlet and flat sides

AT 2 - tier 5 British TD 2488ac4d92b9dae2f071ca21d44f056e
So best way to deal with this tank appears to be circling it.

AT 2 - tier 5 British TD 4bec1e99e9c0477b28115d08a972d42b
since even the slowest of the slow (SU-18, max 20 km/h, 9 going backwards) can evade it.

AT 2 - tier 5 British TD 07f923b6cbc8bf5a9eb589f80210a7f4
If you have no other option because circumstances block you from circling or flanking, you can facehug the AT 2, this will give prime access to the main weakspots. When in AT 2 do not let them face hug you because it will give every tank direct access to your weakest spots.

AT 2 - tier 5 British TD 5253f803b63909a98b40b35b192745d4
the back of the ventilationgrid seems like the best place to take out its engine (and as an added bonus set it on fire!), along with its rear axle.
HowTheStoryEnds
HowTheStoryEnds
Guide
Guide

Back to top Go down

AT 2 - tier 5 British TD Empty Re: AT 2 - tier 5 British TD

Post  teerav Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:33 pm

so as Harald has explained above me, Harald and PointyHairedJedi had a little experimental training session with the British AT TD to find out some weak spots of the tank. I put together some very basic screen shots for a bit of help of some of the weak points to go for and some good crit and crew damage that can be done through some of the spots. again it is very basic at the moment and i am quite tiered at the moment and while i was doing these so i may have forgotten some of the points made (like the gun mantle as a main point). However i hope this helps. As Harald mentioned above one of the best ways to deal with this tank is circling around it. We found out that this specific tactic is even more useful if you get a good shot at the engine as it turns slower than a turtle on land, and the tank can be easily de-tracked.

teerav

Back to top Go down

Post  teerav Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:37 pm

teerav

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:07 am

Be carefull about viewports, many of those are 0 crit spots that do not deal dmg with AP shells.

Back to top Go down

Post  lostplace Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:21 am

Good work, thank you.

lostplace

Back to top Go down

Post  PointyHairedJedi Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:54 am

I have a few notes, from the point of view of being the one shot at (and also having played a few randoms in it now):

The crew is very hard to knock out - the commander has been a very few times so far, mostly from cupola damage as far as I can tell, so don't count on being able to knock out crewmembers to slow it down.

Frontally, the cupola is the biggest weakspot... but if you're facing an AT 2, the best one to shoot at is the armour just around the gun (inside the mantlet). If you facehug, that's where to aim for, as there is a very very good chance of damaging the gun. If you're close enough to facehug though, chances are you can circle anyway. The armour is very tough, but the HP pool isn't that big, so it doesn't take that many strikes to kill it.

The viewports themselves aren't taking damage, I figured out, but the strip of armour behind appears to be thinner, and so those are another place to aim for, though it does no crit damage beyond knocking out the viewports.

The flat side and rear armour of the "head" are fairly tough, but obviously aren't going to stand up to massive abuse; it seems to be more reliable to penetrate the upper engine deck armour and rear hull armour if you're flanking, but if you've enough pen that "head" armour is fair game too.

Best way to fight one of these - flank, or failing that, close the distance as much you can to hit the more vital weakspots. Conversely, playing it, it's at its' strongest when fighting at a distance (much like the Super Pershing); the only way to counter it if you're foced into that situation I would suspect is using HE howitzer shells. It's also very vulnerable to arty on open maps.

Lastly, as to armament, I haven't yet decided whether I like the 6-pdr or the 3.7 inch derp more - the 6pdr has a very high rate of fire, comparible to the same gun on the Churchill, so while it has a fairly low damage and low-ish pen, it can machine-gun enemies very effectively, especially as it's much more accurate than the Churchill mounted 6pdr (making it an effective sniper). It's very very good for enemies of tier 6 and below, however it will struggle a lot with tier 7s. The derp on the other hand is much less reliable damage wise, but still more accurate than most derps of the same tiers; it also allows one to at least do some damage against higher tiers. Reload is pretty decent, but the HEAT shells it gets are lacking compared to the 105mm derps (even though, wouldn't you know, they cost just the same).

So far, playing it, I like it a lot, but you need to play to it's strengths and basically keep the enemy facing you as much as possible. Going to parts of maps where it's easy to get flanked is a bad, bad idea; I think that played with a platoon mate, to protect one's flank, is a smart idea. It's also useful as a rolling fire-magnet, to lead an advance, especially on open ground (providing there's no arty).

1st Crew skill recommendations:
Commander - 6th sense
Gunner - Armourer (this one is really essential)
Driver - Clutch braking
Loader - Whatever you please (repairs not a bad choice, camo might work too)

After that, I'm not decided yet; possibly repairs for everyone, given how easily it gets tracked; BIA seems a solid choice too. Other useful skills think will be Preventative Maintenance, Off-Road Driving, and Deadeye (given the ROF of the 6pdr, and later British TD guns).
PointyHairedJedi
PointyHairedJedi
INSTRUCTOR
INSTRUCTOR

https://www.youtube.com/user/PointyHairedJedi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum