SGTA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Chatbox
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» The AFK thread
by Tecuani Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:15 am

» Basic - Camouflage and spotting - 26th of November - 19:30UTC
by ZerONRNS Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:42 am

» SGTA is moving!
by Vallu01 Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:57 am

» Trying to understand the T-34...
by Vallu01 Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:53 am

» Hello from Prometheus
by Pendergast Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:15 am

» Repeat of peek-a-boo lesson?
by JosefSvejk Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:57 pm

» M46 Patton, wat to do .vs TD division
by Rajahz Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:46 am

» T-44 Patrol Duty
by Wen90 Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:45 am

» Peek a boo lesson
by Madhias Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:51 am

Tank Company rules

+13
Skeith00
Wasp
Sixense
Lemmingtrain
Emric
Arexander
Sgt_Kelly
Edukas
blackchamber
Rancidpunk
SteelToedSneakers
lostplace
Vallu01
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Tank Company rules Empty Tank Company rules

Post  Vallu01 Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:28 am

This is for all who are interested in Tank Companies (TC), there is certain rules and etiquette in TC.

Field Commander (FC), person commanding the team, decides the tactics. If FC tells you to do something, you do it without a question. Tactics can be discussed after the battle, not during it. It's a team effort here, not a place to be selfish. If you need to be the first one to go around the corner, you go and take the shots, your team is right behind you.

Respect everyone. Your teammates and enemies. There's zero tolerance against insults in TC.

While in a match, comms will be reserved for only important messages. This includes FC, arty spottings, target calling etc. in a nutshell, tactics. Comms are free between the matches.

When you're told to push somewhere, you push! You do not take the scenic route, because it's safer. You do not stop to shoot, because you might get a lucky kill, you can shoot on the move, but you do not stop!

Focus fire! Get those guns out of the game. If you have a choice between a enemy that you have to move to shoot with 100hp or full hp enemy shooting you in your back, you go kill the 100hp one, even if you get shot in the back.

If your allies have low health while you have more, you take the shot for them, saving a gun for your team.

You go from cover to cover, not stopping to take shots on the way. You push to get to the cover and then start aiming after you're safe from arty.

If you have to sit alone in flank where you can't shoot anyone, you do so until told otherwise. It might be a boring job, but it's necessary.

Scouts do not die! They stay alive as they are single most important tank in TC. You do not try to be a hero, you spot couple of tanks at a time, not the whole team and arty. Scouts are most important late game. So stay alive! If you die you will have to listen to some motivational music. Wink

This may sound harsh, but you need to have discipline to win in TC. This will be nothing like randoms!

Last edited by Vallu01 on Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Vallu01
Vallu01
ADMIN
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Tank Company rules Empty Re: Tank Company rules

Post  lostplace Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:58 am

I found applying all these rules in the heat of a battle quite difficult, especially when someone is used to random battles where basically everyone plays his own game. So it might be considered to pick some of those team based skills like focusing fire, tactical movement, etc. as topics for future training sessions in preparation for TC.

lostplace

Back to top Go down

Post  SteelToedSneakers Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:58 am

Totally understandable rules, and this looks so much more like the teamplay I was after when first logging in!

Got shell shocked the first time I was in a random, as people had no tactics at all, so I am looking forward to participate in TCs where tactics are mandatory.
SteelToedSneakers
SteelToedSneakers

http://www.kittelsaa.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Rancidpunk Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:14 pm

Completely agree with everything Vallu said and I'm particularly pleased to see "DO NOT STOP" in there!

My biggest bugbear in CW or TC is to lead an attack, find the enemy and once I've been completely slaughtered I look back to see a bunch of frightened rabbits sat out of sight whining "I was reloading", "there are too many of them" and many other crap excuses.

I'll send the ghosts of my digital crew to curse everyone who fails and then watch your winrates fall affraid
Rancidpunk
Rancidpunk
INSTRUCTOR
INSTRUCTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Vallu01 Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:40 am

Our TC's will be more for training how to play as a team more than anything else, so nobody is blaming you if you think you didn't do well. Just remember to follow orders and play for the team, we win and lose as a team. If you follow orders and play as a team, that's all that can be asked. Medium TC is good for training as it's quite forgiving for mistakes.

Also added one important bit to the list. Respect everyone.
Vallu01
Vallu01
ADMIN
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post  blackchamber Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:32 am

Nice summary of what a TC should be like, well written!

Of course you can always give me a shout if you need someone in your TC's Smile

blackchamber
INSTRUCTOR
INSTRUCTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Vallu01 Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:48 am

blackchamber wrote:Nice summary of what a TC should be like, well written!

Of course you can always give me a shout if you need someone in your TC's Smile

Would definitely like to have couple experienced players to lead by example. Much is easier to follow someone than try to figure out what the FC is shouting about.
Vallu01
Vallu01
ADMIN
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post  Edukas Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:40 pm

I really have the feeling that I could be more than average in TC, but not really into it :/ but if you do have TC and I'm online, send an invite and let's see if I'm possible to join you Smile I'm missing some team action as well :/
Edukas
Edukas

Back to top Go down

Post  Sgt_Kelly Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:43 pm

I'm not quite up to the required tier yet, otherwise I would really like to take part.

Is there any chance we could organize some training sessions on this in-clan ?
Sgt_Kelly
Sgt_Kelly

Back to top Go down

Post  Vallu01 Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:11 am

Sgt_Kelly wrote:Is there any chance we could organize some training sessions on this in-clan ?

Depends on how successful the TC and 3vs3 training are. To make full TC training we need about 24 people with 2 FC's. If we can make the 3vs3 training work first, maybe in the future.
Vallu01
Vallu01
ADMIN
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post  Arexander Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:32 am

Edukas wrote:I really have the feeling that I could be more than average in TC, but not really into it :/ but if you do have TC and I'm online, send an invite and let's see if I'm possible to join you Smile I'm missing some team action as well :/
Bear in mind the requirement for TeamSpeak. No calling your friends just before / during the TC! And remind them about it too! ;-)

Other than that, good luck with the TCs and happy gaming times to you all!

Arexander

Back to top Go down

Post  Emric Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:52 am

Sgt_Kelly wrote:I'm not quite up to the required tier yet

There are probably more members who haven 't reached the required tier yet.

Or members who first would like to try TC environment.
Junior TC is a possibility. All you need is a member with premium account, willing participants and a FC.

Speaking for my self: I'd like to participate within that as I do not own any of the golden boy tanks Evil or Very Mad and really suck in TC and platoon so far.... .
Better practice in junior first Smile
Emric
Emric

Back to top Go down

Post  Vallu01 Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:36 am

Problem with Junior TC is it's too easy. I played few junior TC's with Ding and there was no TS, no tactics and everyone picked random tanks. But we won every game. So practising for teamwork is bit pointless, because even if you screw up, you win.
Vallu01
Vallu01
ADMIN
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post  Emric Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:15 am

That sounds promising!! Nothing wrong with winning. I know what you're saying but it is an alternative for those who cannot participate in medium TC, isn't it?
Emric
Emric

Back to top Go down

Post  Vallu01 Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:49 am

Emric wrote:That sounds promising!! Nothing wrong with winning. I know what you're saying but it is an alternative for those who cannot participate in medium TC, isn't it?

Well I could try to make a Junior TC, so all can try out TC. Maybe before or after medium TC or give it it's own day.
Vallu01
Vallu01
ADMIN
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post  Emric Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:13 am

Please consider. Maybe ask in a topic if there is any need for it first. You know, I was only suggesting but I do not know if there are any members who'd like to join in in the first place :-D.

Sorry for hijacking your topic.
Emric
Emric

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:40 am

I disagree with not stopping to move while shooting. I agree that people shouldn't stop just because the lead tank gets slaughtered as that's the time you should abuse while the enemy is reloading. However, moving while shooting with almost all tanks is stupid as heck if you're facing enemies frontally unless you're willing to spam gold. one thing is to follow orders,another thing is to reach an objective. Your objective is to win or hold a flank, how you do it is with technique and knowledge, just because you don't stop to shoot while moving doesn't make you a superior teamplayer, dying needlessly is on the contrary letting your team down.

Back to top Go down

Post  Vallu01 Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:57 am

I'm not saying that you should shoot while an a move, but you can try if the situation allows it. When you should shoot is after reaching cover and you have stopped, or reached the enemy at very close range, then you can stop and shoot, if you're in arty cover. Or if we have overwhelming force, then just shoot when you pass the enemy and continue and let others finish off. What I mean by not stopping to shoot is when you're advancing with 5+ tanks, if the 2 first tanks stop to shoot in open field, chaos ensues. If 2 last tanks stops, forces are divided. Not to mention they will be prime target for the enemy.
Vallu01
Vallu01
ADMIN
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post  SteelToedSneakers Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:28 am

I have a premium account, and I am willing to play junior TC if there are enough people online. Just nudge me when you see me in-game, and I'll try to arrange it Smile
SteelToedSneakers
SteelToedSneakers

http://www.kittelsaa.com

Back to top Go down

Post  lostplace Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:49 am

What tanks are typically used for junior TC?

lostplace

Back to top Go down

Post  Lemmingtrain Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:38 pm

Any Junior matches running during the day - early evening is problematical with kids.

Cheers,

LT
Lemmingtrain
Lemmingtrain

Back to top Go down

Post  Sixense Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:56 pm

Vallu, some times with my previous clan we would do a variation of shooting on the move. Everyone goes out to face enemies (everyone I mean EVERYONE, like 8 or so tanks if FC didn't split us up) gets into position, spacebar-stops for 2 seconds to aim, shoot, move. We would do that when there's enough space for at least 5 tanks to fit next to each other, so enemy gets like 1.5k+ dmg in one-two seconds, depends when allies shoot.

Sixense

Back to top Go down

Post  Wasp Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:33 pm

Don't worry about tactics and tanks too much, guys.
It will be the first SGTA TC since a while and you will learn it on the fly Very Happy
Don't have too high expectations and don't put yourself under too much pressure.

The most important thing to keep in mind that you are a team.
You rely on the guy next to you and he is relying on you.
Trust in your clan mates and you will become invincible.

Having a good laugh while playing helps also ;-)

o7 Wasp

Wasp
Wasp
DEP. COMMANDER
DEP. COMMANDER

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeith00 Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:53 am

Woah, there's long way in front of me to join such battles. Reaching 100% on KW-1S (which is preffered in upcoming TC) will take years for me:<

But to be serious, what about ELC AMX? I'm kinda half way to reach it's "full performance". Is it a decent tank for such battles?
I just want to know it for future Question
Skeith00
Skeith00

Back to top Go down

Post  Emric Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:26 am

Lemmingtrain wrote:Any Junior matches running during the day - early evening is problematical with kids.

Cheers,

LT

Yours or kids online? Would you join a junior TC otherwise?
Emric
Emric

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next