SGTA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Chatbox
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» The AFK thread
by Tecuani Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:15 am

» Basic - Camouflage and spotting - 26th of November - 19:30UTC
by ZerONRNS Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:42 am

» SGTA is moving!
by Vallu01 Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:57 am

» Trying to understand the T-34...
by Vallu01 Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:53 am

» Hello from Prometheus
by Pendergast Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:15 am

» Repeat of peek-a-boo lesson?
by JosefSvejk Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:57 pm

» M46 Patton, wat to do .vs TD division
by Rajahz Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:46 am

» T-44 Patrol Duty
by Wen90 Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:45 am

» Peek a boo lesson
by Madhias Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:51 am

TeamSpeak3

+6
wjschneider
PointyHairedJedi
Etairos
cfsmihai
Sgt_Kelly
Vallu01
10 posters

Go down

TeamSpeak3 Empty TeamSpeak3

Post  Vallu01 Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:37 pm

Installing and setting up TeamSpeak3

By now you should have understood the importance we give in voicecomms here in SGTA. The software we have chosen to use for that purpose is TeamSpeak 3. This guide will provide you with a step by step procedure as to how to install and setup TeamSpeak 3 (TS3).

Our TS3 Server is sponsored by SGTA member PointyHairedJedi and we are very thankfull for that. If you wish to contribute to the sponsorship of our Server (to ease the burden on one person only), you can contact PointyHairedJedi via PM or ingame on how you can do this. There is a "token" system on the TS webpage specifically for that purpose. More info on that matter can be found in this topic.

SGTA member HowTheStoryEnds is sponsoring our alternate server when the main server is down. Thanks to him too!

If you are already familiar with TS3 and have already installed and used it in the past you jump directly and only look into Steps 6, 9 and 10 of the process.

Step 1 – Finding the download site for TS3

You can download TS3 from the link provided here.

If the link does not work, just Google “download TeamSpeak3” and you should get to the correct page.

Step 2 – Choosing which version to download.

Once in the page you should download the Client version NOT the server. You must choose between 32 and 64 bit version depending on your system.

If you don’t know if your system is 32 or 64 bits, do the following (for Windows 7). Go to “Control Panel – System and Security – System”. In your “System” tab you will see the system type under where the RAM is displayed.

Step 3 – Download TS3

As you would do with any other software you download with your browser.

Step 4 – Install TS3

Double-click on the .exe file you have downloaded (alternatively you could have chosen to run directly your program when beginning your download) and follow the on-screen instructions (installation folders etc.)

Step 5 – Run TS3

If you get a prompt about remapping your keys because of a recent update to TS3 overlay just click ok and ignore it.

Once the TS3 window is open go to Connections on the top bar menu and choose connect

Step 6 – Connect to SGTA server

Type in the following credentials:

Server address: london2.teamspeak.net:17977

password: no password required for this server, just click connect without entering one.

nickname: The same nickname as you use ingame to avoid any confusion! You can use your real name between brackets after your nick if you want people to call you by your real name as well (example my nickname for TS3 would be “Sapaki (Theo)”). Some put their clan tag between brackets as well (example “Sapaki [SGTA]), since member of other clans join our server regularly.

Once these entered click “Connect”

Alternative Backup Server in case Main Server is down: As the title suggests, this is a private server so you are only to use it while our main server is down. Bookmark this info too!

Server address: hq.sgta.eu

password: proacademy

Step 7(Optional) – Bookmark SGTA channel

It will be a lot easier for you to access in the future if you bookmarked the SGTA channel. This will keep all the necessary information you need to join without you having to remember or inputting it ever again.

Bookmarking is easy. Once connected in our server, from the top bar menu select “Bookmarks” and then “Add to bookmarks”. Name bookmark to “SGTA channel” or something similar and close the bookmark window. Done!

Next time you open TS just go to “Bookmarks” and your “SGTA channel” will be available from the list!

Step 8 – Configuring TS3

Once connected for the first time there are a couple of things you need to do to be ready to talk. It is highly recommended that you are logged in the game when configuring tour TS3, since you will need to make adjustments depending of the game’s volume level. Another thing you should bear in mind is to disable the in-game voicechat from the “Settings” option of the game (you can see this menu if you hit the “Esc” key when in garage). It should be de-activated by default.

Step 8.1 – Configuring capture device

The capture device is basically your microphone.

From the top bar menu select “Settings” and then select “Options”. From the window that pops up, select “Capture” from the list on the left.

From there you can select your Capture mode (leave it automatic) as well as your Capture device. Depending on what equipment you have you should select the appropriate device from the list provided.

Some use a headphone with integrated mic headset, others use their mic and prefer the sound on their speakers, others use plain headphones and use the integrated mic of their computer (most modern laptops have integrated mics today). So you should choose the equipment you have and are planning to use.

Under these options you will see clickable boxes concerning the transmission mode. You have the following options:

• Push-To-Talk (or PTT): you should choose this option if you want to push a button in order to speak. Mind you, you should be continually pushing this button while speaking exactly like you would do for a walkie-talkie. You can select any hotkey to do this job, but keep in mind your WoT key mapping as you would not like your PTT button to interfere with a key
you already use in WoT.

• Continuous Transmission: Simple! Never choose this option unless you are planning on giving us a 3 hour lecture.

• Voice activation Detection: This is the preferred option, and if configured correctly is by far the most useful one. This option activates your transmission automatically as soon as it detects that you start talking, no pressing buttons required! Once you tick on the box, hit the begin test button below and start talking. If you have chosen the correct capture
device from above you should be able to hear yourself talk. The sliding bar is the threshold above which the channel will open. It should be as low as possible in order to open the
channel as soon as you speak and as high as possible so as to avoid the channel from getting opened by random ambient noises (your breathing, your wife whining etc.). Experiment
a bit and you will get the hang of it.

From the options available below click on “Echo reduction” and in “Advanced options” you can click on “Remove background noise” “Automatic voice gain control” and leave the rest as it is.

Step 8.2 – Configuring Playback device

The playback device is your speakers or your headphones.

From the top bar menu select “Settings” and then select “Options”. From the window that pops up, select “Playback” from the list on the left.

From there you can select your Playback mode (leave it automatic) as well as your Playback device. Depending on what equipment you have you should select the appropriate device from the list provided.

If you have selected the devices correctly you should be able to hear both ingame sounds as well as people talking on the TS channel.

Below there are two sliding bars. The first one adjust the volume of people speaking to you using TS (you may want to slide this a bit towards the “louder” section) and the second bar is adjusting the level of the TS3 messages (“user X connected to the server”, “user Y disconnected” etc.). you may want to tone this down a bit but it is really a question of taste.

Below you will see a test button. Once you hit it, if you configured your playback devices correctly you should hear both sounds from TS3 as well as sounds from the game.

Step 8.3 – Enable Overlay in TS3

Normally this option should be selected by default once you install TS3 but just to make sure. Overlay is actually a small plug-in that opens a small transparent window which remains on top of any other application (including the game) and shows you all the users in your channel as well their status (talking, muted etc.) in different color codes. This is very useful as it allows you to see who is talking at what moment.

From the top bar menu select “Settings” and then select “Plug-ins”. From the window that pops up, make sure that the “TeamSpeak3 Overlay plugin” box is ticked. Close the window, done!

Step 9 – Upgrading your status

The first time you will enter Teamspeak you will see many different channels and you will be in the “Lobby” channel. As a safety precaution your status is by default set as “guest”. This means that while you can join the server and talk to other users, you are limited to the “lobby” room of the server and you cannot move to any other channel.

In order to upgrade to the normal “user” status you should ask from a moderator to upgrade your status. Moderators are most of SGTA staff, or you can just ask in the ingame chat if a

Moderator is online and can change your status. You only need to do this once.

Once you have your “user” status you can roam between the available rooms at your convenience. Some rooms might be locked for staff and Mods only.

Step 10 – TS3 user rules

Essentially the same rules apply as for every activities related to the clan. Respect, courtesy, and good behavior are expected from all SGTA users of our servers. No inappropriate behavior will be tolerated as already specified in the relevant sections of the clan rules and regulations.

Specifically for TS3 the following additional rules apply (simply a matter of courtesy and common sense really):

• Do not shout, curse at others or abuse people in any way. Obvious but does not hurt reminding it.

• Avoid speaking on top of others and do not interrupt people. It is simply rude; do we need to say more?

• Obviously speaking over the instructors and/or Field commanders during TCs is even worse that what is mentioned above.

• During TCs communications are kept to a strict minimum. Only FC speaks, you can acknowledge commands by using the ingame keys for that purpose (“Affirmative”, “Negative”, “Requesting fire on …” etc.). You should relay only extremely important information to your FC, nothing more.

• You are free to roam between all open channels, and talk to the people already there. However if the people already present ask you to leave the channel you just entered, just do so, no questions asked. Remember you entered a channel they were already into and they might be having a private conversation that does not concern you.

• You will notice that different channels have different uses. When in platoon use a platoon channel, when in TC a TC channel etc. You are free to choose any channel you like provided you make proper use of it.

• If a moderator moves you out of a channel for any reason then stay out (unless he is joking of course, but who would make such a silly joke anyway?). He has a reason for doing so, and if you rejoin the channel he has just moved you out from, it is as if you disregarded direct orders given by a superior in command.

TS3 is also used in many other aspects of our clan’s activities such as handing out class notes for example, but your instructors will provide you with more information about these subjects with time.

TS3 is a valuable tool at your disposal and as you will quickly find out, an indispensable one in the battlefield. It will provide you with the advantage of coordination over your adversaries and will give you a tactical edge over your opponents. Oh yes, and you can also chitchat about the latest gossips as well! Use it as much as you like; it is there for you, just, as in everything else, make proper use of it.

Enjoy!

SGTA Staff

Last edited by Vallu01 on Sat May 04, 2013 12:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Vallu01
Vallu01
ADMIN
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

TeamSpeak3 Empty Re: TeamSpeak3

Post  Sgt_Kelly Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:14 am

Doesn't work for me.

Wrong password apparently.
Sgt_Kelly
Sgt_Kelly

Back to top Go down

Post  Vallu01 Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:12 am

Still works for me. Check spelling maybe? And you're not using "password: ", are you? That's the most common mistake Smile
Vallu01
Vallu01
ADMIN
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post  Sgt_Kelly Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:36 pm

Problem solved, got in eventually.
Sgt_Kelly
Sgt_Kelly

Back to top Go down

Post  Vallu01 Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:48 pm

Good to hear Smile
Vallu01
Vallu01
ADMIN
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post  cfsmihai Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:36 am

If it's needed, can you change my status on TS from guest to member? Also, I heard you say hello but my mic was not plugged in. Sorry. Smile

cfsmihai

Back to top Go down

Post  Vallu01 Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:41 am

cfsmihai wrote:If it's needed, can you change my status on TS from guest to member? Also, I heard you say hello but my mic was not plugged in. Sorry. Smile

I'll do that when I see you.
Vallu01
Vallu01
ADMIN
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post  Etairos Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:39 pm

change my status too thx
Etairos
Etairos

Back to top Go down

Post  PointyHairedJedi Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:52 am

Ok, I have a 16 slot TS server too, bought for use by my former (and probably future again) clan, which doesn't see much use by them:

london2.teamspeak.net:17977

If the other one is ever down, feel free to use it; I've got it for another 2 months, at which point I may or may not renew depending on my finances.
PointyHairedJedi
PointyHairedJedi
INSTRUCTOR
INSTRUCTOR

https://www.youtube.com/user/PointyHairedJedi

Back to top Go down

Post  Vallu01 Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:09 am

PointyHairedJedi wrote:Ok, I have a 16 slot TS server too, bought for use by my former (and probably future again) clan, which doesn't see much use by them:

london2.teamspeak.net:17977

If the other one is ever down, feel free to use it; I've got it for another 2 months, at which point I may or may not renew depending on my finances.

Good timing! Ours is down at the moment Very Happy Will tell when I have news about when it's back up.
Vallu01
Vallu01
ADMIN
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

TeamSpeak3 Empty server down?

Post  wjschneider Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:41 am

Hi,
Is TS3 server blc-crew.de:9977 down?
Thanks
wjschneider
wjschneider
wjschneider

Back to top Go down

Post  Vallu01 Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:49 pm

wjschneider wrote:Hi,
Is TS3 server blc-crew.de:9977 down?
Thanks
wjschneider

Read above.
Vallu01
Vallu01
ADMIN
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeith00 Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:00 am

I think RaidCall is a decent and free alternative. You can make free server which can be private or public and almost alltime up (down only for updates).
I'm using it from time to time. Basicly, there's only one minus, everyone have to create account, but it's not that troublesome, imho Wink

If our admins are intrested, there's the adress: http://www.raidcall.com/v7/index.html
Skeith00
Skeith00

Back to top Go down

Post  Sapaki Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:13 am

I have been using raidcall with my compatriots, only big minus is that if my memory is good there is no overlay and it is hard to always know who is speaking when there are many people talking.
Sapaki
Sapaki
His Royal Majesty the Admissions Officer of the Clan Himself
His Royal Majesty the Admissions Officer of the Clan Himself

Back to top Go down

Post  Vallu01 Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:26 pm

Our TS server is back up and running Smile
Vallu01
Vallu01
ADMIN
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post  Vallu01 Sat May 04, 2013 12:37 am

Updated.
Vallu01
Vallu01
ADMIN
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post  Bayart Mon May 06, 2013 4:24 pm

Is it OK to come around the TS server as an applicant on the waiting list ? I play at all hours of the day and night, and finding a good platoon (because most of my buddies aren't that must platoon-material) is often an ordeal.
Bayart
Bayart

Back to top Go down

Post  Boos B Mon May 06, 2013 8:27 pm

Yes, but a TS admin has to give you rights to leave the lobby. So be sure to ping people when you are online.
Boos B
Boos B
INSTRUCTOR
INSTRUCTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum