SGTA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Chatbox
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» The AFK thread
by Tecuani Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:15 am

» Basic - Camouflage and spotting - 26th of November - 19:30UTC
by ZerONRNS Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:42 am

» SGTA is moving!
by Vallu01 Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:57 am

» Trying to understand the T-34...
by Vallu01 Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:53 am

» Hello from Prometheus
by Pendergast Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:15 am

» Repeat of peek-a-boo lesson?
by JosefSvejk Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:57 pm

» M46 Patton, wat to do .vs TD division
by Rajahz Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:46 am

» T-44 Patrol Duty
by Wen90 Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:45 am

» Peek a boo lesson
by Madhias Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:51 am

Champion TC

+8
SteelToedSneakers
we_just_dinged_em
Hollysmoke
Rancidpunk
Wasp
Ding760
Vallu01
drogo
12 posters

Go down

Champion TC Empty Champion TC

Post  drogo Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:16 am

So we are doing medium and junior tc's, are there any plans to do the tier 8 tc's?

drogo

Back to top Go down

Champion TC Empty Re: Champion TC

Post  Vallu01 Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:56 am

Short answer: Nope.

Long answer. Champ TC requires experienced TC players to be competitive. You need how know what targets to shoot without somebody calling targets, know how to move in a group and certain know how to interpret the orders without the FC having to micromanage. You need to shield your allies to spread the damage, scouts that don't die, players who now how to move around to get maximum DPM. You need T32s and IS-3s fully upgraded, equipped and with experienced crews. And these players who have all of these need to be active and join up on the TCs.

And we simply are not at that level yet.
Vallu01
Vallu01
ADMIN
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post  Ding760 Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:02 pm

I remember Champion TCs were done by me back in the early days of WoT, with many many experienced players brought from the outside.

In short, what Vallu says is true. The Champion TCs I did were disastrous (50% win rate) compared to my Medium TCs (90% win rate on average). And this was including experienced players brought from the outside who were well over 60% win rate most of the time.

Champion TCs really do need co-ordination and actually...some practice. Personally I don't see any problem hosting Champion TCs to practice. But if everyone who goes in are in it purely to win and are not interested in losing regularly in order to learn, then Champion TCs are not for you yet.
Ding760
Ding760

Back to top Go down

Post  Wasp Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:45 pm

If you want to play champion TCs we can work on that.

But there are some requirements:

Find 12-14 players who want to play champion TCs within SGTA.

Those players should be active and have at least one of the following tanks:
IS-3s and T32s, as main force and firepower
AMX 13 90, as scouts
AMX 50 100, good burst dmg but needs a n experienced player
Tier 6 arty preferably GW Panther

Moreover you need to be willing to spend time in training rooms to practise team based skills like shielding, focus fire, setting up firelines and stuff. This will not be once a week like the classes, it will be every second day if you really want to get into this.

Which brings me to the next point, dedication:
You need to find players who are willing to train that much and have fun doing so. They are hard to find sometimes.
At the beginning you might lose to more experienced clans but if you work as a team you can even beat unica. Very Happy

Wasp
Wasp
Wasp
DEP. COMMANDER
DEP. COMMANDER

Back to top Go down

Post  Ding760 Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:41 pm

Wasp wrote:

At the beginning you might lose to more experienced clans but if you work as a team you can even beat unica. Very Happy

Wasp

Tbh back in the old days my companies regularly beat the likes of AoE and in one instance Pirates on Medium TCs. They are not really as awe-inspiring as many would have you believe...
Ding760
Ding760

Back to top Go down

Post  Rancidpunk Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:34 am

Wasp wrote:If you want to play champion TCs we can work on that.

But there are some requirements:

Find 12-14 players who want to play champion TCs within SGTA.

Those players should be active and have at least one of the following tanks:
IS-3s and T32s, as main force and firepower
AMX 13 90, as scouts
AMX 50 100, good burst dmg but needs a n experienced player
Tier 6 arty preferably GW Panther

Moreover you need to be willing to spend time in training rooms to practise team based skills like shielding, focus fire, setting up firelines and stuff. This will not be once a week like the classes, it will be every second day if you really want to get into this.

Which brings me to the next point, dedication:
You need to find players who are willing to train that much and have fun doing so. They are hard to find sometimes.

Wasp

Can I be the exception, KV5 or Tiger 2? I laugh at burning IS3's and exploding T32's or I could just shut up and bring my GWP Smile

And further to the chat yesterday it would be good if we are playing at Champion to get some people used to platoon commanding within a company. Not the same as a random platoon btw, can be 5 or 6 in a platoon in CW and TC.
Rancidpunk
Rancidpunk
INSTRUCTOR
INSTRUCTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Hollysmoke Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:47 am

This is something I would be very interested in, time is my enemy though. I finish work nightly around 21-00 to 22-00 UTC+2 time.
IVe been grinding german to 8, got a tiger 2, but im happy to reinvest my time to get an IS3 (just about finished on kv1s)

Hollysmoke

Back to top Go down

Post  we_just_dinged_em Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:08 am

I think we need to play a lot more med and junior TC.

Still lots of people not following FC commands and sitting out in the open to be raped by arty. You won't get let off in high tiers you'll get pwned Smile
we_just_dinged_em
we_just_dinged_em

http://www.noobmeter.com

Back to top Go down

Post  SteelToedSneakers Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:58 am

I agree with monty and the rest who think we should focus on jr and med.
SteelToedSneakers
SteelToedSneakers

http://www.kittelsaa.com

Back to top Go down

Post  drogo Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:07 pm

I was more curious for the future rather than interested for now as I don't have a tank that would fit in a champion tc. I completely agree that we need more practice at lower level but maybe its something to build for in the future?

drogo

Back to top Go down

Post  Vallu01 Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:16 am

Vallu01
Vallu01
ADMIN
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post  Daeworn Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:55 pm

It is not so long, when we actually think about the champion TC more seriously then now. True it was before reorganization change of classes plan and before the spliting of academy, but we made plans for champ TCs. Like lists of our tanks and even try the champ TC from time to time. Frankly it was the reason why I spend time to research both T32 and IS-3, train crew, learn tactic for heavies etc., because my t6 arty (M12) was not good enaugh to participate. I dont say, I need to hear: "We will do champ TCs next month"; but I would appriciate, if there is at least some will between clanmates to head that direction in future. Otherwise it feels a bit like waste of time.

Daeworn

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey2k Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:38 am

I would be interested, always interested in learning and improving. I have IS-3, KT, T32 and GWP.

I enjoy the TC's when I can join, and they are a vast improvement over where we were 6 months ago where we could often wait an hour in between games while people swapped tanks or went afk. I'm not a fan of the bias towards certain tanks, while I understand KV-1S is desirable being excluded because I want to grind S-51 with my KV-2. Watching people come in after me and get added to the team because they chose the "right" tanks.

All said I enjoy being part of the clan despite having that lone wolf mentality most of the time. Very Happy

Grey2k

Back to top Go down

Post  SteelToedSneakers Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:43 am

In the future, yes I'd like champ TC a lot. Now? As long as some people play med TC as a solo game, while others try their best to follow orders, we're a long way from that future.

I think TC is really fun, and I would like to become a competent FC at some point, both jr, med, and champ, but I feel that with less than 2,5k battles I don't have the knowledge yet.

What I would like is some sort of FC training, preferably in a training room, so we don't fail miserably if I ever am in charge. Then I'd like a lot of jr/med TC to hone my skills, the skills of others, and to figure out what tactics are sound, and what tactics are sure to fail.

Maybe then we can start thinking about champ TC.
SteelToedSneakers
SteelToedSneakers

http://www.kittelsaa.com

Back to top Go down

Post  we_just_dinged_em Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:20 am

Played about Thirty Champion TC tonight, this is the kind of teams you will play against:

Champion TC Shot_018

Mistakes are severely punished. that said, we thrashed an EFE-X clan team easily, so with good teamwork you can win anything.
we_just_dinged_em
we_just_dinged_em

Back to top Go down

Post  we_just_dinged_em Thu May 02, 2013 5:25 pm

Any SGTA member wishing to play Champion TC may be able to fit in with WHO/WHY if we have space (Clan members have priority). We regularly have EFE, PTS, 322, OMNI etc players in our TCs.

You will need at least one of the following fully upgraded with 100% crew:

IS-3
T-32
AMX 13 90
AMX 50 100

Tier 6 arty (preferably GWPanther but Lorraine 150 or S-51 are allowed to depending on the FC).

If anyone is interested, let me know and I'll get our FCs to add you to their friends lists.

A few basic things to note:

You need to be very careful to obey the FC commands to the letter.

If you fuck up you will sometimes be raged at in chat - accept this

You must remain arty safe at all times. You won't get a second chance as one tier 6 arty hit will basically kill you or wreck your modules, making you useless for the rest of the game.

Teamspeak is mandatory (you need to be able to listen as a minimum)

People with very poor stats are probably best not applying until they have improved. Generally we don't look at people unless they have at least yellow EFF/WN6/7. The reason for this is the high number of good players you come across in Champion TC and therefore we cannot weaken our team by taking below average players - hope you guys understand this Smile
we_just_dinged_em
we_just_dinged_em

Back to top Go down

Post  Rancidpunk Thu May 02, 2013 6:01 pm

I'm up for a bit of fun Monty, GWPanther is the only thing I've got on the list (T32 rofl!) but maybe the Chinese 110 is acceptable too?
Rancidpunk
Rancidpunk
INSTRUCTOR
INSTRUCTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Vallu01 Thu May 02, 2013 7:27 pm

When do you usually do TCs? I'm starting to miss Champ TCs...

I got my IS-3 and T32 ready. Fully upgraded and equipped, with 90% on the 2nd skill. And I do have my S-51 fully upgraded and equipped, with 90% on the first skill. But me in arty, in TC? Really? Smile

PS. And I can sympathize with the FC Wink
Vallu01
Vallu01
ADMIN
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post  Boos B Thu May 02, 2013 8:05 pm

Got meself a nice T32 and soon AMX50/100. I am up for this.
Boos B
Boos B
INSTRUCTOR
INSTRUCTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  PointyHairedJedi Thu May 02, 2013 8:35 pm

And here's me with only my KV-4... oh well. I suppose a T-50-2 would be not much use either?
PointyHairedJedi
PointyHairedJedi
INSTRUCTOR
INSTRUCTOR

https://www.youtube.com/user/PointyHairedJedi

Back to top Go down

Post  we_just_dinged_em Thu May 02, 2013 10:19 pm

I will forward all your names to the FC. We hold TCs regularly, there is no set night. If you are online we will definitely use you when we have gaps (clan has priority as you understand).

most of the Champ TCs are run by my good friend Sringoot, he is the best FC in our clan in our opinion. We have a very high winrate in Srings TCs, generally 80 - 95 % with between 20 and 50 individual battles on average.

I think the 110 is acceptable for use, but of course the decision always rests with the FC Smile The T-50-2 is a problem as Sring will not use them (his pinion is hat they dont have the firepower and thus are wasted slot), he prefer 13 90s for scouts.

Vallu, I very much doubt we will need you in arty, we have plenty of arty players and I think it would be more productive to utilise you in a tank Smile Bet you can't get guess what I play? hehe

What I will do is let you all know the next time a champ TC is on or get the FC to invite you (you are all on my friends list so I can see if your online), Sring usually hosts open rooms so you can just join. The TS info will be in the room header also Smile

I would say 90% of our TCs are Champs, but occasionally we run meds (if we cant get the players) and sometimes Absolute too (but generally to train for CW)

Hope to team up with some of you dudes soon Smile
we_just_dinged_em
we_just_dinged_em

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down