SGTA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Chatbox
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» The AFK thread
by Tecuani Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:15 am

» Basic - Camouflage and spotting - 26th of November - 19:30UTC
by ZerONRNS Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:42 am

» SGTA is moving!
by Vallu01 Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:57 am

» Trying to understand the T-34...
by Vallu01 Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:53 am

» Hello from Prometheus
by Pendergast Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:15 am

» Repeat of peek-a-boo lesson?
by JosefSvejk Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:57 pm

» M46 Patton, wat to do .vs TD division
by Rajahz Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:46 am

» T-44 Patrol Duty
by Wen90 Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:45 am

» Peek a boo lesson
by Madhias Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:51 am

Asking for a favor.

+11
we_just_dinged_em
crazytony0
Warheart1992
Lemmingtrain
Vampir_Kifla
CountOfTuscany
Daeworn
Ding760
Sapaki
lazydot
Observer
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Asking for a favor. - Page 2 Empty Re: Asking for a favor.

Post  Observer Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:47 pm

lostplace wrote:I am pretty surprised to see how a small detail issue of a video game can make people offend each other. It's just about a game, not world peace. Sorry, even good arguments are loosing convincibility if they are served up with personal offense.

As to the sense of complaints and polls I agree with monty. Wargaming mostly bases decissions on game changes on hard statistical facts gathered from the players and games, not on forum statements of a relative small number. E.g. how many people left the game since introducing gold ammo, how many make use of it, how many bought premium tanks or premium accounts to earn the credits for it, etc. Disbalances of specific tanks? Can be fixed locally, e.g. VK2801.

Don't get me wrong, I'd also prefer not to have premium ammo in the game, but premium ammo is simply a fact and producer Mikhail Zhivets recently stated in a video interview that he considers it's introduction as a "great success" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rERhitm_iCQ). I'm afraid even both Martin Luthers together wouldn't convince Wargaming to remove premium ammo. Wink

lostplace

PS: Btw, what is actually the difference between a couple of gold shells and equipment like a vertical stabilizer? Both finally result in the same, they increase the effective damage dealt, cost credits and give benefit to some tanks more and to others less. Nobody complains about equipment. Why? Because we are all simply used to it. And thats exactly what will happen with premium ammo after a few more patches at the last.

What tier do you play? I can tell you right now that people seriously don't get the point of what I'm talking about. Let me put it to you this way. If you have 35% lower firepower AND worse accuracy and worse mobility than other tanks of your own tier, and on top of that, your armor gets stripped away by gold ammo, do you really consider this a viable option?
Of course, one can say "you can play it if you enjoy it", but the fact is simply that with golds shells, certain tanks become either incredible for their tiers (300mm HEAT pen on IS-2, 350mm HEAT pen on T-54 and WZ-120, pz IV/Sherman (albeit they aren't alone, so its... less devastating?) SU-26, hetzer, VK3601H (not sure about now with 8.5 though).
I don't mind if the game was balanced in regards that each tank has different advantages and disadvantages, but can you honestly say "tends to make enemy use gold shells" an advantage rather than "is harder to penetrate due to thicker armor"? Sure, it is an "advantage" credit wise as it makes enemies discouraged from shooting at you, but it doesn't stop enemies from doing it.
Essentially your advantage is determined by your enemy, not by what you drive! It becomes a question on whether the enemy is willing to use gold or not.

Also, it is true, people will get used to it, but people like me have or will quit due to simplification of the game. I find as little joy in it nowadays as any generic FPS game, that's why I'm no longer playing it and no longer bothering to instruct in this academy.

Observer

Back to top Go down

Post  crazytony0 Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:11 pm

there are only 2 ways out of this: either wg will try to balance the gold shells, or they will be forced to start buffing the heavys/nerfing the high gold pen tanks. because in rate will start to fall away further. We all know that option 2 is the most rediculous here as it is only a workaround, while the problem and thus the real solution lies in the first one

crazytony0

Back to top Go down

Post  Observer Wed May 01, 2013 8:01 am

Breakthrough!

OverlordApril 30, 2013 at 8:08 PM
Mimei Otonashii,
agree that gold rounds situation has somewhat gone out of hand - and that's one of the issues we are going to address soon. Come back in 8.6 to check out.

http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/237925-gold-shell-analysis-and-petition-for-balance/#top

Observer

Back to top Go down

Post  Ding760 Wed May 01, 2013 8:50 am

I'm glad Overlord has decided to respond to your persistence... and I am very glad to see crazytony0 taking it to Overlord for his incompetence.

Well done Kawa. I bid thee good luck in the hope something about gold ammo will be changed.
Ding760
Ding760

Back to top Go down

Post  CountOfTuscany Wed May 01, 2013 8:59 am

Good job Kawa (and crazytony also), I'm numbed. I wonder what the changes in 8.6 will be.
CountOfTuscany
CountOfTuscany

Back to top Go down

Post  Vallu01 Wed May 01, 2013 7:21 pm

Didn't see that coming, really. Congratulations.
Vallu01
Vallu01
ADMIN
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post  PointyHairedJedi Wed May 01, 2013 7:35 pm

I'm really glad your persistence has paid off Kawa. Fingers crossed their changes will actually count for something.
PointyHairedJedi
PointyHairedJedi
INSTRUCTOR
INSTRUCTOR

https://www.youtube.com/user/PointyHairedJedi

Back to top Go down

Post  crazyton Wed May 01, 2013 10:27 pm

i am very very happy with that as well, tough not sure if our efforts helped that much. I say this because the changes to be implemented in 8.6 were already more or less decided. Also we were already hinted a few times a few days and a few weeks ago that such changes where comming. Altough i believe it still may be important towards the real action they will do. As now overlord apears to be more convinced off the issue, wich is never a bad thing for sure. Especialy since the exact amount of rebalancing (if that is what they'll do) is unlikly to have been decided yet, will be influenced by the opinions of the developers at that moment.
keeping my fingers crossed for a bright future to come cheers

crazyton

Back to top Go down

Post  Warheart1992 Wed May 01, 2013 10:43 pm

Well , I have to say im impressed and kinda embarassed for not believing anything would change , but in my defense , I think thats one of the first times a thread made itself heard affraid . well done and lets see what will happen , thats the only thing I can say for sure alien
Warheart1992
Warheart1992

Back to top Go down

Post  crazytony0 Wed May 15, 2013 4:06 am

http://ftr-wot.blogspot.be/2013/05/086-supertest-hightier-penetration-nerfs.html

looks prommising. also, we will likly get a nes shell mechanic or normalisation change further increasing aromour thickness

crazytony0

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum