SGTA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Chatbox
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» The AFK thread
by Tecuani Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:15 am

» Basic - Camouflage and spotting - 26th of November - 19:30UTC
by ZerONRNS Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:42 am

» SGTA is moving!
by Vallu01 Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:57 am

» Trying to understand the T-34...
by Vallu01 Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:53 am

» Hello from Prometheus
by Pendergast Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:15 am

» Repeat of peek-a-boo lesson?
by JosefSvejk Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:57 pm

» M46 Patton, wat to do .vs TD division
by Rajahz Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:46 am

» T-44 Patrol Duty
by Wen90 Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:45 am

» Peek a boo lesson
by Madhias Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:51 am

For your information - Competition Rigging on US servers

+5
crazytony0
Etairos
Rancidpunk
vorlontank
Inorien
9 posters

Go down

For your information - Competition Rigging on US servers Empty For your information - Competition Rigging on US servers

Post  Inorien Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:42 pm

And its probably happening here too, as well as on every other server there is.

http://ftr.wot-news.com/2013/06/23/competition-rigging-on-us-server/  --Part 1

http://ftr.wot-news.com/2013/06/23/competition-rigging-aftermath/ --Part 2

tl'dr: Some guy rigs a match during a competition, someone gets proof, he gets called out on it. He admits publicly on the forums, nothing was done and WG pretty much allowed the rigging to happen with no punishment occurring.

Here's a quote from the second link's comments section which to me seems to hit the nail on the head, if what we know is true.

The main purpose of these competitions it is to increase player count and gold spending. Fairness is secondary.
Sometimes, a player can try for a maximal xp amount. He loads his tank with premium shells, premium consumables and plays all night. That’s what WG is looking for. Spending sprees.

So... I might aswell give up on that Type 59 now then.
Inorien
Inorien

Back to top Go down

For your information - Competition Rigging on US servers Empty Re: For your information - Competition Rigging on US servers

Post  vorlontank Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:09 pm

not at all surprised by this really

vorlontank

Back to top Go down

For your information - Competition Rigging on US servers Empty Re: For your information - Competition Rigging on US servers

Post  Rancidpunk Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:02 pm

Not really cheating imho, unfair, unsportsmanlike, etc. but I'd give the guy an extra prize for exploiting a weakness and continuing to do so after being totally upfront about it, hell most of the big companies that "avoid" paying tax (Google, Amazon etc.) aren't avoiding anything at all either, just going by the badly conceived rules set out by incompetent idiots! Smile 
WG can't really do much about it for competitions that rely on scores in randoms, apart from not having any competitions at all, so I can accept the fact that somebody won the Type 59 after they have done what any good General would do and make sure he has everything possible set up in his favour before going into battle!
Rancidpunk
Rancidpunk
INSTRUCTOR
INSTRUCTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Etairos Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:35 pm

Clan wars in the Asian US and RU server are rigged almost from the beggining,chill nothing new
Etairos
Etairos

Back to top Go down

Post  crazytony0 Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:06 am

i have heared rumours the current cw stuff is rigged as well so most possible peeps can get the m60 off a few specific clans. (they wont fight each other, they will focus on those not in that "alliance")

crazytony0

Back to top Go down

Post  Ding760 Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:52 am

It actually isn't technically cheating. There was nothing in the contest rules that forbids doing things like this.

Blame should be put to the contest hosters for creating a contest that has such a loophole. If you get creative to benefit yourself while still staying within the confines of what it allowed, I actually commend what he did.
Ding760
Ding760

Back to top Go down

Post  Lemmingtrain Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:33 am

crazytony0 wrote:i have heared rumours the current cw stuff is rigged as well so most possible peeps can get the m60 off a few specific clans. (they wont fight each other, they will focus on those not in that "alliance")

Without a doubt and I have seen the evidence - sad really No
Lemmingtrain
Lemmingtrain

Back to top Go down

Post  crazytony0 Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:21 am

Lemmingtrain wrote:
crazytony0 wrote:i have heared rumours the current cw stuff is rigged as well so most possible peeps can get the m60 off a few specific clans. (they wont fight each other, they will focus on those not in that "alliance")

care to provide some of this evidence? i am wondering how big the scale is off all this stuff and so on

crazytony0

Back to top Go down

Post  Lemmingtrain Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:27 am

crazytony0 wrote:
Lemmingtrain wrote:

care to provide some of this evidence? i am wondering how big the scale is off all this stuff and so on

Check PM's
Lemmingtrain
Lemmingtrain

Back to top Go down

Post  we_just_dinged_em Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:44 am

That's not rigging, its diplomacy, and it's a viable CW tactic used by ALL major clans.
we_just_dinged_em
we_just_dinged_em

http://www.noobmeter.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Etairos Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:43 am

montyburns1982 wrote:

That's not rigging, its diplomacy, and it's a viable CW tactic used by ALL major clans.
In the NA server things go beyond this they dictate what territory major clans will have and the time they will own them plus every time they fight they decide what tanks the two oposing teams will have and they just sit and loose
Etairos
Etairos

Back to top Go down

Post  Daeworn Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:50 pm

Etairos wrote:
montyburns1982 wrote:

In the NA server things go beyond this they dictate what territory major clans will have and the time they will own them plus every time they fight they decide what tanks the two oposing teams will have and they just sit and loose

And that is called diplomacy with superior power. Same like Romans did to Carthage after they lost second Punic war. Dissolve the army, pay the tribute and when you want go to war (even for your defense) you (Carthage) have to ask us (Rome) if we approve it.

Daeworn

Back to top Go down

Post  Rancidpunk Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:12 pm

Daeworn wrote:
Etairos wrote:
montyburns1982 wrote:

And that is called diplomacy with superior power. Same like Romans did to Carthage after they lost second Punic war. Dissolve the army, pay the tribute and when you want go to war (even for your defense) you (Carthage) have to ask us (Rome) if we approve it.

Hence the need for the current CW tournament, too many 1337 clans carving up the free gold income amongst themselves, well within the rules but not the spirit of having a global CW map for the fun.
WG loses out in the long run if the map is a "closed shop" for genuinely new clans/players (not recycled clans of the same 1337 players), no way in to CW for the vast majority of players, so it's randoms, TC's and platooning for most with no strategic element at all to the game.
Once this tournament ends the map will be divided up amongst the same old clans as before and while I do appreciate the dedication shown by these clans with the constant training, practising etc. it does kind of make CW a realm where the 1% get all the free gold financed by the 99% of the rest who play WoT. Who knows, maybe bringing in the CW mercenaries element might be an idea for spreading the wealth even if it's just working on the "trickle down" economic principle the rich Yanks are so happy with in reality!
Rancidpunk
Rancidpunk
INSTRUCTOR
INSTRUCTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Etairos Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:23 pm

Daeworn wrote:
Etairos wrote:
montyburns1982 wrote:

This is not diplomacy i you get the wrong picture.They do not force each other they take a common decision they just farm gold and they have special teams to fight the rigged games they decide the outcome before the battle begins and they do it for two main reasons.First the good players do not want to loose their good tanks and second they use CW to farm gold and nothing else.It is just like the rigged games in Serie A with Juventus and other teams
Etairos
Etairos

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down