SGTA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Chatbox
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» The AFK thread
by Tecuani Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:15 am

» Basic - Camouflage and spotting - 26th of November - 19:30UTC
by ZerONRNS Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:42 am

» SGTA is moving!
by Vallu01 Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:57 am

» Trying to understand the T-34...
by Vallu01 Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:53 am

» Hello from Prometheus
by Pendergast Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:15 am

» Repeat of peek-a-boo lesson?
by JosefSvejk Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:57 pm

» M46 Patton, wat to do .vs TD division
by Rajahz Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:46 am

» T-44 Patrol Duty
by Wen90 Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:45 am

» Peek a boo lesson
by Madhias Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:51 am

m5 stuart m5 stuart (plz dont mind double but forum says title is to short)

+2
PointyHairedJedi
crazytony0
6 posters

Go down

m5 stuart m5 stuart (plz dont mind double but forum says title is to short) Empty m5 stuart m5 stuart (plz dont mind double but forum says title is to short)

Post  crazytony0 Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:22 am

i could use some tips fighting wit this one. imho it is inferior in more or less every way compared to the vk1602. so far the only use for this tank i see is passive scouting, and that is a playing style i realy dislike so i was hoping for any other use?

crazytony0

Back to top Go down

m5 stuart m5 stuart (plz dont mind double but forum says title is to short) Empty Re: m5 stuart m5 stuart (plz dont mind double but forum says title is to short)

Post  PointyHairedJedi Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:28 am

Unfortunately, a lot of the time there isn't much you can do with it - it's not a long grind, unless you're intending to go to the Chaffee.  I found scouting in it pretty hard, good games were hard to have.
PointyHairedJedi
PointyHairedJedi
INSTRUCTOR
INSTRUCTOR

https://www.youtube.com/user/PointyHairedJedi

Back to top Go down

m5 stuart m5 stuart (plz dont mind double but forum says title is to short) Empty Re: m5 stuart m5 stuart (plz dont mind double but forum says title is to short)

Post  BehemothNL Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:23 pm

The M5 Stuart is not a very good tank to keep in your garage.
Unless you really like to pain yourself with horrible games every now and then.
But if you do inten to go for the Chaffee, derp in the M5 and hope for the best.
Only playstyle advice that I can give:
don't try to circle, don't try to soak shells, don't try to snipe/brawl, don't try to hit-and-run, flank with caution and good luck!
BehemothNL
BehemothNL
INSTRUCTOR
INSTRUCTOR

https://www.youtube.com/user/sNiPeReLiTeNL

Back to top Go down

Post  Boos B Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:09 pm

Indeed micro derp and go full on camo. Really play like a stealth scout. The grind is horrible. I am going for chaffee now and I share your pain (only 50k more to go....)
Boos B
Boos B
INSTRUCTOR
INSTRUCTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  crazytony0 Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:46 am

well, i am going for both the m7 and the chaffee, so yes i will feel the pain for some time.
BehemothNL wrote:don't try to circle, don't try to soak shells, don't try to snipe/brawl, don't try to hit-and-run
this is what i feared,..

crazytony0

Back to top Go down

Post  Boos B Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:55 pm

another thing that I noticed is: be like a mosquito. Be annoying, deal small stings with HE. If all else fails, you will have some great laughs doing that and assist your team through distractions.
Boos B
Boos B
INSTRUCTOR
INSTRUCTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  BadGene616 Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:15 am

I had an interesting one with the M5A1 - not quite the same, but worth bundling in with this one.

I wanted so badly to hate this tank. But I couldn't.

I found it fast, effective, and (with the odd prem shell thrown in when needed) accurate and dangerous.

I had some amazing games in it.

But the frustration - I think this tank was a bad luck tank for me. The games where I did well I universally lost. Very, very strange.

Maybe it's just something along those lines?

At least you have the chaffee at the end of your grind - the type 34 is pants Wink

BadGene616

Back to top Go down

Post  Inorien Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:44 pm

BadGene616 wrote:
I wanted so badly to hate this tank.  But I couldn't.

How is it possible to want to hate something about WoT?
Inorien
Inorien

Back to top Go down

Post  Boos B Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:20 pm

BadGene616 wrote:I had an interesting one with the M5A1 - not quite the same, but worth bundling in with this one.

I wanted so badly to hate this tank.  But I couldn't.

I found it fast, effective, and (with the odd prem shell thrown in when needed) accurate and dangerous.

I had some amazing games in it.

But the frustration - I think this tank was a bad luck tank for me.  The games where I did well I universally lost.  Very, very strange.

Maybe it's just something along those lines?

At least you have the chaffee at the end of your grind - the type 34 is pants Wink

The point you bring is a good 1. It is a scout, which generally does not allow you to carry the game. You are as good as the sum of your team.

I recognize this so well in all my scouts and I love scouting. The games I do well in, I generally outperform the team and we still lose...
Boos B
Boos B
INSTRUCTOR
INSTRUCTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum