SGTA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Chatbox
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» The AFK thread
by Tecuani Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:15 am

» Basic - Camouflage and spotting - 26th of November - 19:30UTC
by ZerONRNS Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:42 am

» SGTA is moving!
by Vallu01 Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:57 am

» Trying to understand the T-34...
by Vallu01 Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:53 am

» Hello from Prometheus
by Pendergast Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:15 am

» Repeat of peek-a-boo lesson?
by JosefSvejk Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:57 pm

» M46 Patton, wat to do .vs TD division
by Rajahz Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:46 am

» T-44 Patrol Duty
by Wen90 Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:45 am

» Peek a boo lesson
by Madhias Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:51 am

Teamspeak rights when using multiple computers...

3 posters

Go down

Teamspeak rights when using multiple computers... Empty Teamspeak rights when using multiple computers...

Post  nilzatron Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:12 am

Yesterday I was playing at a friend's house, so fully expecting to only be able to use TS as  guest I was pleasantly surprised when Monty and PHJ came in to be (automatically?)assigned the appropriate server groups.

Unfortunately, today it turned out it had replaced the permissions from those granted to my home PC, which was only letting me log on as a guest again until Monty showed up.

Since I am pretty much playing from 2 locations, logging on from my friend's house at least once a week, would it somehow be possible to grant both PC's the necessary permissions?

If not possible, can it be made so the permissions are permanent on my home PC? I'll just use it as a Guest whenever I am not playing from home.
nilzatron
nilzatron
Guide
Guide

Back to top Go down

Teamspeak rights when using multiple computers... Empty Re: Teamspeak rights when using multiple computers...

Post  PointyHairedJedi Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:50 am

If you make sure you put in which one is the one from your friend's house in the name somehow - how TS3 works is that each client has a unique ID, so if you log in from a different computer (and therefore with a different client ID) it'll see you as a new user. No way around it except to add them manually. As for your home PC client "disappearing" and becoming a guest, I think that might have been me not being sure why there was two, and pruning one of them.
PointyHairedJedi
PointyHairedJedi
INSTRUCTOR
INSTRUCTOR

https://www.youtube.com/user/PointyHairedJedi

Back to top Go down

Teamspeak rights when using multiple computers... Empty Re: Teamspeak rights when using multiple computers...

Post  nilzatron Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:33 am

Ah, gotcha. I thought it had replaced it somehow, but that makes sense. I shall use a different username logging on from my friend's place next time.

The one in there now that does not have the donator tag is my home computer.
nilzatron
nilzatron
Guide
Guide

Back to top Go down

Post  HowTheStoryEnds Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:34 am

you can actually export/import your user rights, it's under Settings >> Identities. Just don't forget to delete them when you're finished using the computer else someone else can log in as you.

So you could just put it on an usb stick and carry it with you.
HowTheStoryEnds
HowTheStoryEnds
Guide
Guide

Back to top Go down

Post  nilzatron Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:32 am

Awesome! That'll work for me, cheers
nilzatron
nilzatron
Guide
Guide

Back to top Go down

Post  PointyHairedJedi Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:02 am

Very useful to know, Harald!
PointyHairedJedi
PointyHairedJedi
INSTRUCTOR
INSTRUCTOR

https://www.youtube.com/user/PointyHairedJedi

Back to top Go down

Post  HowTheStoryEnds Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:10 am

it's just basic private key authentication without password attached to the key, the major issue with this is that it makes your key user neutral and anybody who has your key are identified as being you. So for server admins it is very important to guard their key
HowTheStoryEnds
HowTheStoryEnds
Guide
Guide

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down