SGTA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Chatbox
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» The AFK thread
by Tecuani Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:15 am

» Basic - Camouflage and spotting - 26th of November - 19:30UTC
by ZerONRNS Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:42 am

» SGTA is moving!
by Vallu01 Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:57 am

» Trying to understand the T-34...
by Vallu01 Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:53 am

» Hello from Prometheus
by Pendergast Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:15 am

» Repeat of peek-a-boo lesson?
by JosefSvejk Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:57 pm

» M46 Patton, wat to do .vs TD division
by Rajahz Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:46 am

» T-44 Patrol Duty
by Wen90 Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:45 am

» Peek a boo lesson
by Madhias Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:51 am

Measuring improvements.

+2
blackchamber
AndyScouser
6 posters

Go down

Measuring improvements. Empty Measuring improvements.

Post  AndyScouser Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:49 pm

After reading Dings interview I was intrigued that differing people rate improvements in differing ways.  Personally, I like to win, so win rate is king for me and since deciding to sort myself out, ive been concentrating on this area alone.  When i first joined SGTA I was at or very close to a 48% WR and if I remember correctly, it was gradually falling.

Now, im a lot happier in the game, the tips, lessons and platoon knowledge ive gained within SGTA had definitely helped enormously and this can be seen in my win rate, both present and 60 day values, im actually only happy when im around the 55%+ win rate, apart from certain tanks where losing is not an option....t29, matilda etc.  Clearly after over 12K games, statistics move VERY slowly, so I can only ignore my history and concentrate on the present, so im not beating myself up when I see my colour in-game on XVM.

Im hoping over time and as I learn more here, my other 'stat's will improve as I learn to not only focus on winning but also to increase my damage/kills etc.  

I still do the vast majority of my games solo but I also spend some time each night platooninig with either my son, Paulonito2k13 another clan member, or anybody who asks on academdyHQ.
I find platooning within the clan to be very useful, when with other students, its an oportunity to discuss and put into practice things that we have learned in lessons,  when platooning with the unicum's and instructors, its a way to further learn...and strangely for me, its been a source of confidence building, ive even had a 5 kill win in my T10 recently where usually im just a 30s frag for the red team.

Thanks very much SGTA, without you lot id have probably given up the game by now...it was getting close!
AndyScouser
AndyScouser

Back to top Go down

Measuring improvements. Empty Re: Measuring improvements.

Post  blackchamber Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:18 pm

AndyScouser wrote:its been a source of confidence building, ive even had a 5 kill win in my T10 recently where usually im just a 30s frag for the red team.

Thanks very much SGTA, without you lot id have probably given up the game by now...it was getting close!

I remember that game Andy, T110E5 tearing apart the enemy    Cool 

From what i have seen i dont understand why you are so cautious going into high tier battles. I think you got everything you need and you are an asset to your team. If you dont like high tier battles, ok thats one thing, but dont think you are not good enough or anything like that!

On a sidenote:
AndyScouser wrote:when platooning with the unicum's

That's me! the future soon to be kawashiro Twisted Evil

blackchamber
INSTRUCTOR
INSTRUCTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  AndyScouser Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:47 pm

blackchamber wrote:
From what i have seen i dont understand why you are so cautious going into high tier battles. I think you got everything you need and you are an asset to your team. If you dont like high tier battles, ok thats one thing, but dont think you are not good enough or anything like that!

On a sidenote:
AndyScouser wrote:when platooning with the unicum's

That's me! the future soon to be kawashiro Twisted Evil

Thanks for your comments, and again for the platoons, I was totally in awe! (ive also got the top gun on the T44 now!)

With a 32% WR and in free fall, I just left the E5 in the garage as a reminder to stay away from T10, I just couldnt win a battle..... and after such a hard and long grind, this was cause for huge disappointment,  its not as if I dont enjoy T10, im playing along side the best players after all, I just felt a liability.  That game however, I WAS A GOD!!!!! Well maybe not but as I said, its given me a lot more confidense.  Please, if you see me online and you need a platoon member, dont hesitate to invite me.

thanks Black
AndyScouser
AndyScouser

Back to top Go down

Post  Rancidpunk Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:38 pm

Tier 10's are obviously great fun but I find it vital not to play them during the day or early evening since the windowlickers are all playing them then. Also platooning is essential to keep a good W/R.
Rancidpunk
Rancidpunk
INSTRUCTOR
INSTRUCTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  we_just_dinged_em Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:06 am

Agreed, the pozz in Tier 10 is greater than even tier 1. How someone can play 40,000 battles and have 500 WN6 is beyond me.
we_just_dinged_em
we_just_dinged_em

http://www.noobmeter.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Vampir_Kifla Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:17 am

It's not pozz, it's siemka!
Vampir_Kifla
Vampir_Kifla
INSTRUCTOR
INSTRUCTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  AndyScouser Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:35 am

Rancidpunk wrote:Tier 10's are obviously great fun but I find it vital not to play them during the day or early evening since the windowlickers are all playing them then. Also platooning is essential to keep a good W/R.
Ill definitely bear that in mind, thanks. And agreed re the platooning, this is now so clear.
AndyScouser
AndyScouser

Back to top Go down

Post  Brainfarter Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:40 am

Scouser, our numbers are quite alike in the 30-60 day perspective, and with 2 (soon to be 3) tier X's in garage im in for some tooning.
Brainfarter
Brainfarter
Lead Guide
Lead Guide

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum