SGTA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Chatbox
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» The AFK thread
by Tecuani Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:15 am

» Basic - Camouflage and spotting - 26th of November - 19:30UTC
by ZerONRNS Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:42 am

» SGTA is moving!
by Vallu01 Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:57 am

» Trying to understand the T-34...
by Vallu01 Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:53 am

» Hello from Prometheus
by Pendergast Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:15 am

» Repeat of peek-a-boo lesson?
by JosefSvejk Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:57 pm

» M46 Patton, wat to do .vs TD division
by Rajahz Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:46 am

» T-44 Patrol Duty
by Wen90 Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:45 am

» Peek a boo lesson
by Madhias Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:51 am

Brainfarter replays - feedback appreciated

4 posters

Go down

Brainfarter replays - feedback appreciated Empty Brainfarter replays - feedback appreciated

Post  Brainfarter Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:09 pm

Hi all

My last attempt of getting some feedback looks like several downloads, yet no comments.
Here I try again:

E-25 ace tanker - actually quite proud of this one:
http://wotreplays.com/site/287362#siegfried_line-brainfarter-e-25

T30 trying to carry - what can i do to support the team further?
http://wotreplays.com/site/286258#prokhorovka-brainfarter-t30

T40 ace tanker and carry - i like the game and the way i handled it, but somehow i get the feeling i could have squeeeeezed just a bit more out of it?
http://wotreplays.com/site/284631#pearl_river-brainfarter-t40

E-75 STRONK offense. I KNOW i could have performed better, by protecting myself a bit more, but.. yes, lets see what you guys say?
http://wotreplays.com/site/290469#cliff-brainfarter-e-75

T-34-2 Trying to Peek-a-boom. I guess i can refine those skills. But turned out quite well.
http://wotreplays.com/site/290502#el_halluf-brainfarter-t-34-2

I hope you can give a couple of hints to where i can improve?

/B
Brainfarter
Brainfarter
Lead Guide
Lead Guide

Back to top Go down

Brainfarter replays - feedback appreciated Empty Re: Brainfarter replays - feedback appreciated

Post  Vampir_Kifla Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:44 pm

For T30 game:
Going hill isn't a bad idea at all. I didn't like the team spreading, but there's nothing you can do about it. After you saw that there were only 3 tanks on the hill, you should've pushed at them much earlier than you did. Unlucky shot at the IS-3, but you aimed a bit too high. Always try to aim at the center of it's pike nose. That way you'll most likely avoid hitting the turret. There was a point where you were undecided where to go. I'd advise you to always have a plan and a backup plan so that you avoid turning on the spot and doing nothing. Avoid snapshots with T30 (like on that AMX 50 100). Always aim fully before you shoot, that way you'll maximize chances of hitting and damaging stuff. In the end, there was not much you could do, you were simply outnumbered. Maybe you could've tried going back to your base through the middle village so you can go hull down, but most likely the outcome would've been the same.

For E-75 game:
Good thing you went 1-2 line when almost all of your team went to the right. Also, good that you pushed that AC 46, although, never stop while pushing there to avoid being exposed for long time. You showed your side (hull and turret) a bit too much when going up the middle and lost HP pretty quickly. Avoid losing HP early when you're the top tier tank. After you finished that WZ you should've repaired the gunner ASAP. Shooting without him makes the long aim time even longer and hitting stuff is lottery (thats why you bounced that Tiger II). You were a bit lucky Tiger II didn't shoot side of your turret while you were aiming at T34, you always have to be careful in these situations. Once again, don't shoot when your crosshair isn't fully aimed, you will most likely completely miss, bounce or just hit the tracks. Anyway, good battle.

I'm sorry about the wall of text, but I hope it helps. Smile
Vampir_Kifla
Vampir_Kifla
INSTRUCTOR
INSTRUCTOR

Back to top Go down

Brainfarter replays - feedback appreciated Empty Re: Brainfarter replays - feedback appreciated

Post  HowTheStoryEnds Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:19 pm

the only flaw I can see with my limited experience in your T-30 game, which was a great game but too bad that your team was comprised of utter tards, was that at the end you shouldn't have turned towards the isu-152 but should have taken out the T28 you already hit once, then you'd have 1 gun instead of 2 guns pointing at you. Which would've gotten you a slighter higher chance of pulling ahead. (not counting the ST-I who showed up at the final second)

But really awesome game, you deserved to be on the winning team there. Sadly it's a 'team' game. :-/
HowTheStoryEnds
HowTheStoryEnds
Guide
Guide

Back to top Go down

Post  Brainfarter Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:38 am

Valid points both of you. The T30 maybe wasnt easy to do much more about so heavily outnumbered at the end.

To be honest i had not noticed the gunner got taken out, so it wasnt until i noticed the aimtime on that TigerII i did something about it.

In the E-75 match i found 2-3 spots where i actually got lucky:
Low on HP and trying to kill the WZ, the 3002D could have taken me in the side.
When taking the 3002D arty could have been all over me,
and finally the T34 from the back where he could have finished me off. Instead i totally kill-secured that one ;-)

Thank you so much for taking the time to see through the vids and comment. Much appreciated.
I have thrown up more stuff on the wotreplay-page so feel free to comment or see through the vids if you want to contribute (or just have a cheap laugh).

Thanks again.
/B
Brainfarter
Brainfarter
Lead Guide
Lead Guide

Back to top Go down

Post  Ding760 Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:03 am

Your T-34-2 game was quite impressive. Although personally I would have kept a bit more distance during the uphill encounter on the top-left corner of the map and tried to close more of a gap between the sniping position after that (but before facehugging the IS-3).

Overall you did well in the T-34-2 that match although I must confess my personal opinion was that your enemies were quite stupid. Most people now knows not to shoot the T-34-2 on the turret.

My most useful advice to give to you... when your gun depression is causing you problems in a Chinese tank behind a ridge, try to back away from the ridge to attempt to get a more favorable angle, thus allowing you to overcome the depression disadvantage.
Ding760
Ding760

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum