SGTA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Chatbox
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» The AFK thread
by Tecuani Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:15 am

» Basic - Camouflage and spotting - 26th of November - 19:30UTC
by ZerONRNS Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:42 am

» SGTA is moving!
by Vallu01 Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:57 am

» Trying to understand the T-34...
by Vallu01 Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:53 am

» Hello from Prometheus
by Pendergast Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:15 am

» Repeat of peek-a-boo lesson?
by JosefSvejk Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:57 pm

» M46 Patton, wat to do .vs TD division
by Rajahz Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:46 am

» T-44 Patrol Duty
by Wen90 Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:45 am

» Peek a boo lesson
by Madhias Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:51 am

Initial Application for SGTA.

4 posters

Go down

Initial Application for SGTA. Empty Initial Application for SGTA.

Post  ziggybass Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:59 am

In Game Nickname: Ziggybass (That Electric Bass!)
Usable Languages: English, Spanish.
Previous Clan: British Mauraders.
Favorite Type Of Tanks (Heavy, Medium, Light... ): ...Medium to Heavy.
Tanks Owned : ...T2 T8.5 and climbing!
Win Rate : ...46% Help?
Match Played : ...Did some Companies!
How did You hear about SGTA?: Heard the name and researched for it!
Why are you applying to SGTA: (you need to develop your answer a bit here. Simply writing "because I want to improve" will not cut it any more. Look at it as a mini-covering letter convincing us as to why we have to recruit you)

Firstly I recently saw my reputation and felt really ashamed ! I was 12 years in the military and later qualified as a Teacher and even later an Officer of the Courts (UK)! I am now semi invalide following a crash and this game has become very important to me. I have lived in Spain for twenty years! Despite my age (pensioner) I know this is something I can excel at, but in game I lack focus. I try to be in all the weak spots at once and end up achieving only my early departure from the game. If I platoon my partners rush off and again I either follow them to an early death trying to cover them and arty find me at the end of an easy line up. So in short I need to learn my own startegy for each of my tanks and all the maps.
I continually type "careful Arty! or try to get newbies in cover to the point I'm not watching my sector. Lastly lack of mutual respect infuriates me to the point I don't currently have a clan!
I really love this game and enjoy a laugh (at my own expence!),and I'm going for Teir X. I would do anything to find a friendly, mature and dedicated environment to learn more about my chosen hobby. Thanks

Admin
Admin

View user profile Send private message Send e-mail https://sgta.forumotion.com
ziggybass
ziggybass

http://www.mulesspain.com

Back to top Go down

Initial Application for SGTA. Empty Re: Initial Application for SGTA.

Post  Ding760 Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:36 am

P.S: @Admissions Officer: Above player has 5776 matches played as time of posting.

Hi Ziggybass!

Let me just say how much I respect someone of your maturity to apply to us (not to mention 12 years in the military! Wow...I think that's the longest military personnel we have in here!). It does make me feel very proud that SGTA can accommodate the interests of such people Smile

Your application will be processed shortly by our admissions officer, this process may take up to a week or so hence please be patient Smile

Concerning your in-game behaviour. I must say I understand what your methodology attempts to do, you are in essence attempting to give helpful tips to players who are rather careless and dies...which in turn diminishes the chances of your team's victory. If you are up for it, I think I may give a little advice on that part if I may :)If you're not intersted then don't read further ha! ^^

I used to constantly attempt to carry my team by trying to tell them what is in my opinion is the wisest thing to do. But the part I typed in bold there has a very powerful significance... it is only in your opinion, and not theirs.

Perhaps you may be more attuned to this because you were in the military, but from my experience, most people cannot fathom the circumstances of friendly tanks and hence give advice on poor judgment. Maybe you didn't see the hidden enemy behind the bush when you asked your ally to move upwards? Or maybe you didn't notice that other arty at a different angle when you asked your teammate to stay in cover? All of these is possible.

But even if you think you have taken all facts into account, there is still another simple reason why in my opinion, we should not try to sway our team's actions (except in one circumstance I'll go into later). This is a very important point.... the way YOU play your game depends TOTALLY on the movements and actions of your 14 teammates. Because there's 14 of them, it is much more practical, logical, effective and efficient to adjust your own tactics accordingly to suit their movements or failings, rather than trying to get 14 people to obey your word. What you decide is necessary to do in certain circumstances may vary from other people's perspectives...and that is what training both by yourself and here in SGTA should help you at, to gain more knowledge on how to react to different situations, and hopefully learn enough to make the right call.

I think the following YouTube video demonstrate the last paragraph concept well... I used this clip because I commanded this one so I know what it's about:

The only exception I think where your teammate should be suggested on what to do is when the entire match is utterly dependent on what that ally does. If what he is doing is 100% going to lose the game for your team, then my advice would be to suggest an alternative he may not have thought of. Ultimately, you cannot make him do anything hence it's wise to keep your cool and suggest alternatives... the more the better, although stick to the more logical and feasible ones.

This little pre-SGTA advice is just from me personally...but I honestly believe you have a tendency of trying too hard to carry the failings of your team on your own shoulders. While I realize this may sound very selfish, I believe this tendency is costing you big time, as while you are trying to do this, you yourself are not performing at maximum capacity, hence a match which may have been won by youself may be lost due to the fact you took too much harm from the failings of others.

In SGTA we do not promote people to be selfish in their tactics, but we do endorse logical, critical and informed thinking. When you are in a platoon in SGTA, you now HAVE a responsibility for the wellbeing of your platoonmates. Hence I suppose in almost every one of SGTA platoons I see guys covering each other's backs and only taking action when it is either agreed upon or is met with no resistance from platoonmates. So I don't think you will meet too many irresponsible team players here.

Last thing I wish to say is that please do keep in mind SGTA is a community filled from 16 year olds to er.... (how old is Brit again? Razz). Which means that while we try our best to ensure a friendly and co-operative environment, we do expect everyone to help with this and keep a mature and professional attitude, both in-game and out-of-game here on the forums. If you do see the occasional messing about, it may be the age gap or the difference in cultures taking effect. If you see or hear something you object to, then please keep your cool and simply report the incident to a staff member in SGTA, and we will take action accordingly from there.

Once again, very nice to see you're interested in SGTA. I hope to meet you in-game very soon! Smile
Ding760
Ding760

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe_Copper Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:34 pm

Just imagine, with all due respect for your experience of life, you got degraded to the rank of  "grunt". Your job for the next 1000 battles would be to help the red grunts to die for their team. No fancy tactics, no typing in the ingame chat, no minimap clicking. The plain goal is to kill one tank per game, do damage according to the biggest tank of the tier you are driving (640 at tier V, 880 at tier VI, 1400 at tier VII, 1600 at tier VIII) (spotting damage counts to, let's say 1.5 points of spotting are worth 1 point of damage).

The reason is in my opinion, even bots and afkers win around 40% of their games. This makes around 80% of all your random solo games, where your actions doesn't influence the outcome of the battle much. So not doing your damage and dying for your team, while 14 people (or 29) are licking their monitors, just hurts your credit and exp. income.

Welcome to the clan.

Joe_Copper
INSTRUCTOR
INSTRUCTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sapaki Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:54 am

Hello Ziggybass ,

I am the admissions officer of the clan. Sorry for the late reply but I was kind of on a dream vacation and a dream vacationt to me = no internet.

Your application will be processed within the next couple of days and you will receive an invite eiter for SGTA or from SGTA2. Both these clans are one and the same thing, you should accept either invitation.

It is my opinion that as soon as you get into our semi-structured platooning, your military mentality will kick in and give you and your team an edge. The problem you have I can immediately see is that you are trying to adopt a logical and strategical approach to the game, whereas the vast majority of the people that play the game are just random people who do not know shit about these kinds of things. 

The game (apart from it's organised structures such as TCs an CWs), is basicaly a micro tactics, small squad (platoon), on-the- fly decision making process. You may do this sometimes, but you do not necessarily support flanks or trying to close gaps, (this would be sensible for a military guy trying to make up for the rest of the team), sometimes it is just adapting to how bad your team does. There are times that you need to carry the team early on, there are times you just have to do your "own thing" with your toon mates, which eventually results into "carrying the team" in the endgame. This might involve taking decisions that might be counter-intuitive for a guy with your training (in randoms ofc).  

In the meanwhile I invite you to read this:

https://sgta.forumotion.com/t359-mission-statement

and this:

https://sgta.forumotion.com/t120-how-things-work-here-aka-read-this

Kind regards

Sapaki
Sapaki
Sapaki
His Royal Majesty the Admissions Officer of the Clan Himself
His Royal Majesty the Admissions Officer of the Clan Himself

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum