SGTA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Chatbox
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» The AFK thread
by Tecuani Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:15 am

» Basic - Camouflage and spotting - 26th of November - 19:30UTC
by ZerONRNS Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:42 am

» SGTA is moving!
by Vallu01 Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:57 am

» Trying to understand the T-34...
by Vallu01 Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:53 am

» Hello from Prometheus
by Pendergast Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:15 am

» Repeat of peek-a-boo lesson?
by JosefSvejk Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:57 pm

» M46 Patton, wat to do .vs TD division
by Rajahz Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:46 am

» T-44 Patrol Duty
by Wen90 Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:45 am

» Peek a boo lesson
by Madhias Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:51 am

I am NOT quitting the game (not anymore!) - Edit: The Whales have been saved! (read my 3rd post)

+18
Observer
PointyHairedJedi
Vampir_Kifla
glisa_dejan
antoncini
Rancidpunk
SunTZuGa
BadGene616
Brainfarter
Vallu01
Wasp
we_just_dinged_em
BehemothNL
Boos B
Shufuni
nilzatron
Ding760
Sapaki
22 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

I am NOT quitting the game (not anymore!) - Edit: The Whales have been saved! (read my 3rd post) - Page 5 Empty Re: I am NOT quitting the game (not anymore!) - Edit: The Whales have been saved! (read my 3rd post)

Post  nilzatron Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:00 am

Probably better off with a slightly bigger case anyway. More space = more space for air to move around and thus better airflow...
nilzatron
nilzatron
Guide
Guide

Back to top Go down

I am NOT quitting the game (not anymore!) - Edit: The Whales have been saved! (read my 3rd post) - Page 5 Empty Re: I am NOT quitting the game (not anymore!) - Edit: The Whales have been saved! (read my 3rd post)

Post  Vampir_Kifla Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:13 am

Sapakiiii, we're waitiiiiing Sleep 
Vampir_Kifla
Vampir_Kifla
INSTRUCTOR
INSTRUCTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sapaki Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:46 am

Ok new update!

PC is assembled and ready to go. Software is downloaded as we speak (it will take another hour).

The guy that sold me the case was kind enough to take it back (it was opned!) and replace it with a cooler master Elite 372, I paid 12 Euros for the price difference. Huge difference in space and some good design features, although in some cases the 241 had some more ingenious features.

I will upload a small "overview" of how I mounted the rig for the lolz while waiting for the software to download.
Sapaki
Sapaki
His Royal Majesty the Admissions Officer of the Clan Himself

Back to top Go down

Post  Sapaki Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:57 am

Update #667578

The assembly!

1. The components:
I am NOT quitting the game (not anymore!) - Edit: The Whales have been saved! (read my 3rd post) - Page 5 1_The_modules imagur" />

From left to right:

-Vallu's GPU (Palit (Nvidia) Geforce GTS 250 1gb GDDR3)
-My CPU (Intel i3 3240)
-My mobo  (ASUS P8H61-M LX R 2.0)
-Nilz's Ram (Corsair Dominator 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1333MHz CL9)
-My case (Cooler Master Elite 241 - Has been replaced by Cooler Master Elite 372)
- Wasp's HDD and ROM (Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB and a ROM)
- PHJ's PSU (Xigmatec NRP PC302 - 500W)

2. Case and PSU

I am NOT quitting the game (not anymore!) - Edit: The Whales have been saved! (read my 3rd post) - Page 5 <a href=I am NOT quitting the game (not anymore!) - Edit: The Whales have been saved! (read my 3rd post) - Page 5 2_PSU_open printscreen" />

Pointy's PSU and the wrong case

[img]I am NOT quitting the game (not anymore!) - Edit: The Whales have been saved! (read my 3rd post) - Page 5 3_PSU_wrong_box image hosting 10mb limit[/img]
Pointy's PSU and Wasp's HDD and ROM mounted in the box, there is clearly a space issue here!

[img]I am NOT quitting the game (not anymore!) - Edit: The Whales have been saved! (read my 3rd post) - Page 5 4_PSU_mounted image hosting 10mb limit[/img]
Pointy's PSU finaly mounted in the correct box (good think I started the rig with the PSU)

3. HDD and ROM

[img]I am NOT quitting the game (not anymore!) - Edit: The Whales have been saved! (read my 3rd post) - Page 5 5_ROM_and_HDD_mounted free image hosting[/img]
Wasp's HDD and ROM mounted

4. MotherBoard/CPU

[img]I am NOT quitting the game (not anymore!) - Edit: The Whales have been saved! (read my 3rd post) - Page 5 6_Rear_panel_front_mounted screen shot on a pc[/img]

Rear cover mounted

[img]I am NOT quitting the game (not anymore!) - Edit: The Whales have been saved! (read my 3rd post) - Page 5 7_Mobo_and_CPU screenshot program[/img]
Mobo and CPU

[img]I am NOT quitting the game (not anymore!) - Edit: The Whales have been saved! (read my 3rd post) - Page 5 8_CPU_mounted free image hosting[/img]
CPU mounted

[img]I am NOT quitting the game (not anymore!) - Edit: The Whales have been saved! (read my 3rd post) - Page 5 9_Fan_mounted windows 7 print screen[/img]
Fan and heatsink mounted

5. RAM

[img]I am NOT quitting the game (not anymore!) - Edit: The Whales have been saved! (read my 3rd post) - Page 5 10_Niz_s_RAM_dims imgur[/img]

Nilz's RAM (it turns out that instead of me drawing a pony for Nilz, He drew one for me instead... Razz )

[img]I am NOT quitting the game (not anymore!) - Edit: The Whales have been saved! (read my 3rd post) - Page 5 11_RAM_mounted screen capture open source[/img]
Nilz's Ram mounted! Those heatsinks on those dimms OMG!

6. GPU and cable management

[img]I am NOT quitting the game (not anymore!) - Edit: The Whales have been saved! (read my 3rd post) - Page 5 12_Mobo_mounted screengrab[/img]

Mobo mounted inside the case

[img]I am NOT quitting the game (not anymore!) - Edit: The Whales have been saved! (read my 3rd post) - Page 5 13_GPU_mounted_and_some_connections imagur[/img]
Vallu's GPU mounted, some very happy cables all over the place! (there where some drawings here too, they will be shown in the end!)

[img]I am NOT quitting the game (not anymore!) - Edit: The Whales have been saved! (read my 3rd post) - Page 5 14_cable_management_rig_complete screen shot tool[/img]
Rig complete! All modules mounted and connected, and some cable management done (I know I suck at cable management so this is as good as it gets for me!)

7. Epilogue

[img]I am NOT quitting the game (not anymore!) - Edit: The Whales have been saved! (read my 3rd post) - Page 5 15_Rig_complete_with_tributes download screenshot[/img]
Rig complete with all the "tribute" drawings! We alrady saw Nilz's pony, so we will focus here on Vallu's tank comanders, one of which is holding a "Ban Hammer" and the other holding a "Nab Hammer"! Nice pun! And they are both commanding a VK3601... I wonder who he might be reffering to... And of course the inscription stating "To His Royal Majesty the Admissions Officer of the Clan Himself". In this case we all know who he is reffering to!

[img]I am NOT quitting the game (not anymore!) - Edit: The Whales have been saved! (read my 3rd post) - Page 5 16_Voila image post[/img]
All closed up, tested and ready to receive it's OS!
Sapaki
Sapaki

Back to top Go down

Post  Vampir_Kifla Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:20 am

Looks sexy Wink 

You're going online tomorrow?
Vampir_Kifla
Vampir_Kifla
INSTRUCTOR
INSTRUCTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Ding760 Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:41 am

Smexy...niiice!
Ding760
Ding760

Back to top Go down

Post  Sapaki Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:09 am

I am struggling to get the .iso of the OS into a flash drive because it will NOT fit into a bloody DVD, exactly where it came from!
Sapaki
Sapaki

Back to top Go down

Post  Gorritakid Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:33 am

Looks quite nice, glad to see you'll be back soon, I am losing loads lately and need somone to blame for it!

Gorritakid

Back to top Go down

Post  SunTZuGa Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:44 am

cheers I'm looking forward to see you on the battlefield ! cheers 
SunTZuGa
SunTZuGa

Back to top Go down

Post  Vallu01 Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:53 am

Sapaki wrote:I am struggling to get the .iso of the OS into a flash drive because it will NOT fit into a bloody DVD, exactly where it came from!
Protip: Using a hammer solves all problems.
Vallu01
Vallu01
ADMIN
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post  Sapaki Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:49 pm

All is now setup, bar proper internet connection. I am currently using WiFi with very weak signal, I am sure that I will have great laughs with this when I will try to play... You have been warned! Prepare for some Sapakian bursts of rage until problem is fixed...

Ohter than that, drivers ok, client has been downloaded too!

A technician will come to see what is wrong with the wirings within a couple of days...

With all this shit I have gone through to make this work, there where times that I was VERY CLOSE to following Vallu's Pro-tip!

As a matter of fact, if the components where all mine, I would most probably had done so.
Sapaki
Sapaki

Back to top Go down

Post  glooscap Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:16 pm

Cue phase 2 of 'Save The Whales' :-
dedicated fibre optic broadband! Shocked
glooscap
glooscap

Back to top Go down

Post  Sapaki Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:19 pm

glooscap wrote:Cue phase 2 of 'Save The Whales' :-
You are as evil as the man on your avatar!
Sapaki
Sapaki

Back to top Go down

Post  glooscap Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:29 pm

Sapaki wrote:
There was no hostility intended.Embarassed  If someone wants to get me over to Greece (that's where you reside isn't it?) I will bring a spade and don't mind getting to work digging trenches for the cable to go into. Could do with topping up my tan anyway.sunny
glooscap
glooscap

Back to top Go down

Post  Sapaki Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:34 pm

glooscap wrote:
Sapaki wrote:
There was no hostility intended.Embarassed  If someone wants to get me over to Greece (that's where you reside isn't it?) I will bring a spade and don't mind getting to work digging trenches for the cable to go into. Could do with topping up my tan anyway.sunny
No hostility taken! No worries, no oopses! It was taken as a joke, and my reply was a joke too!

If it get's down to digging trenches for cables (and it looks very likely that it will eventually come down to that...), I wil give you a shout to help with the digging.

I assure you that the atmosphere will be more than friendly (Hmmm... I wonder where is that whip that I was once using with my wife in bed?)
Sapaki
Sapaki

Back to top Go down

Post  Kostis_Larsson Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:54 pm

Sapaki wrote:...(Hmmm... I wonder where is that whip that I was once using with my wife in bed?)
That whip belongs to your wife scratch
Kostis_Larsson
Kostis_Larsson

Back to top Go down

Post  Etairos Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:26 am

First of all if i knew that i could give you my 970 Asrock 8120 cpu and my 6750 -.-.I recomend the second rig without the black caviar you can buy a seagate and do not take the 6750 better get Asus 7750 hd http://www.topsystems.gr/products/ASUS-HD7750%252d1GD5%252dV2-AMD-Radeon-HD-7750-1GB-DDR5.html cheaper and better
Etairos
Etairos

Back to top Go down

Post  glooscap Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:05 am

Right Sapaki, i've been working on your WiFi issues and have come up with two alternatives. Please bare in mind this is just first draft and may need some work.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
glooscap
glooscap

Back to top Go down

Post  Sapaki Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:16 pm

Ok guys internet issue solved! FINALLY! cheers  

WILLY IS FREE! cheers  

YAY! cheers  

HURRAY! cheers  

WOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOO! cheers  

(you get the picture)  

For info, "solution" included a power drill (more efficient than the hammer proposed by Vallu), some holes in some walls, 20m of Cat5e cable, and some cold and hot silicone guns.

I have not yet told anyhting to my wife... When she will eventually notice I will say something like : "ah this thinghy? Has been here for ages! Don't you remember we discussed about it before I did it?"Twisted Evil

Last edited by Sapaki on Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
Sapaki
Sapaki

Back to top Go down

Post  Vampir_Kifla Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:32 pm

So, when are you coming online? cheers 
Vampir_Kifla
Vampir_Kifla
INSTRUCTOR
INSTRUCTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Vallu01 Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:24 am

Power drill? Close enough.

And yay for interwebz! cheers 
Vallu01
Vallu01
ADMIN
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post  Sapaki Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:38 pm

Vallu01 wrote:Power drill? Close enough.

And yay for interwebz! cheers 
yay for the interwebz my ass! The "whales" odyssey is stil ongoing, as now, my ISP decided to fuck smth up in the connection. My connection has been limited to 1Mbs, for speeds higher than this the modem cannot syncronise! Upload speed is 100Kbs!

Turns out though that I can still play with a 150ish ping regardless, I have a small lag in TS but that's about it!

Expecting a technician from the ISP this afternoon...
Sapaki
Sapaki

Back to top Go down

Post  PointyHairedJedi Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:18 pm

I'm glad everything arrived ok! How's the ISP stuff going?
PointyHairedJedi
PointyHairedJedi
INSTRUCTOR
INSTRUCTOR

https://www.youtube.com/user/PointyHairedJedi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sapaki Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:25 pm

ISP stuff ALL sorted yesterday (I did it ALL by myself!), their technician is still coming "just to check things" today. 

Bad luck the little one got very ill and he is starting to recover only today after 5 hard days and nights. Hopefully from now on I will be able to be online as regularly as I used to.

Another little question, I am now playing with graphics in "medium" and fps is fine. Problem is that I cannot get used to the new display. Bushes namely are much more opaque than before and there is some blur in far away objects which kind of makes aiming at distant targets somewhat more difficult. The whole thing just makes me dizzy!

Should I really switch back to the "basic" engine or are there graphics settings I can activate or de-activate to make things a bit simpler for my eyes?
Sapaki
Sapaki

Back to top Go down

Post  Wasp Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:50 am

That blooming on some maps might be because of the post processing.
Try to lower it/ turn it off completely Very Happy
Wasp
Wasp
DEP. COMMANDER
DEP. COMMANDER

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next