SGTA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Chatbox
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» The AFK thread
by Tecuani Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:15 am

» Basic - Camouflage and spotting - 26th of November - 19:30UTC
by ZerONRNS Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:42 am

» SGTA is moving!
by Vallu01 Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:57 am

» Trying to understand the T-34...
by Vallu01 Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:53 am

» Hello from Prometheus
by Pendergast Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:15 am

» Repeat of peek-a-boo lesson?
by JosefSvejk Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:57 pm

» M46 Patton, wat to do .vs TD division
by Rajahz Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:46 am

» T-44 Patrol Duty
by Wen90 Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:45 am

» Peek a boo lesson
by Madhias Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:51 am

Issues regarding Windows system and WoT

+3
IronClaw
Moulie
The_Raging_Bull
7 posters

Go down

Issues regarding Windows system and WoT Empty Issues regarding Windows system and WoT

Post  The_Raging_Bull Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:42 am

Hello everyone Marco1105 with a rather unpleasing thing going on now.

I used to run WoT on my MacBook via bootcamp (basicly cutting the Hard drive in half and instaling a windows operating system on it. Tho lately i found out that a virus has infected that half and basicly destroyed everything on that part of the disc. So after this i dont want to keep windows on my Mac anymore (since having iOS with some exeptions is indeed safer)

So because i need some time to figure out the best way how to run WoT on an iOS system. I wont show up on World of tanks atm.

I am talking about a week or two. Just to test every option and the fps, the stability of the program and so on and so on.

So for the moment i wont be online, i will try to fix the problem as fast as i can. See ya all soon online;)
The_Raging_Bull
The_Raging_Bull

Back to top Go down

Issues regarding Windows system and WoT Empty Re: Issues regarding Windows system and WoT

Post  Moulie Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:49 am

Bugger...I won't even ask what you were doing to get a virus like that...nudge, nudge, wink, wink, say no more!

Come back soon though....i really need to have another 7/8 day!!

Moulie

Back to top Go down

Issues regarding Windows system and WoT Empty Re: Issues regarding Windows system and WoT

Post  The_Raging_Bull Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:14 pm

It apears after all investigations i made. The virus itself came from an USB Flashdisk that i borowed from my brother.. I didnt run the routine check soo yeah i can just blame myself.

Right now WoT isnt as important as trying to salvage as many school important data and programs as i can. That is why i need so much time.

I am trying some emulators that work with iOS and provide me an option to run WOT without windows i just need to check if it is stable and playable as well.

TS3 is not a problem since it is already supported on iOS
Anyway back to work. See ya soon ingame m8. Or at least i hope so
The_Raging_Bull
The_Raging_Bull

Back to top Go down

Post  IronClaw Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:52 am

Wow, nasty stuff.

I read up on installing WoT on a macbook a while ago, but didn't find any easy (enough) way to do it. And then the macbook broke down anyway, so I forgot about it Razz
IronClaw
IronClaw
Lead Guide
Lead Guide

Back to top Go down

Post  The_Raging_Bull Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:33 am

great i feel even better
The_Raging_Bull
The_Raging_Bull

Back to top Go down

Post  Rancidpunk Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:09 am

I don't want ask anything too obvious but I asked a mate who uses apple stuff and he said if you run an MS Windows emulator you'll need to make sure you have a compatible anti virus that will protect the MS system. If that's how you got the virus you should be ok just reinstalling as before but better protected.
Rancidpunk
Rancidpunk
INSTRUCTOR
INSTRUCTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  The_Raging_Bull Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:40 am

Just a little sitrep of what is happening atm.

Ran World of Tanks on several emulators. Tryed every single option that there is and the max fps that i can get from it is about 10-15 fps.... Soo yeah unplayable. Got to try the last and most obvious option.. Boot camp again..
The_Raging_Bull
The_Raging_Bull

Back to top Go down

Post  RoninRage Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:46 am

I am no apple pro (more in windows pc consulting/development stuff) but a friend of mine uses http://www.parallels.com/eu/products/desktop/
for virtualization of Windows Applications (Devleopment => needs performance) and it seems to work really smooth for business stuff. I know it is not free but there is a trial version to see if it might help.

Greets
Ronin
RoninRage
RoninRage
Guide
Guide

Back to top Go down

Post  RoninRage Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:51 am

forget it seems that it does not work ... read thru their forum.
RoninRage
RoninRage
Guide
Guide

Back to top Go down

Post  SunTZuGa Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:02 pm

Try to install Oracle VM VirtualBox for OS X hosts: https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads
SunTZuGa
SunTZuGa

Back to top Go down

Post  The_Raging_Bull Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:59 pm

Nah I am better off with boot camp right now. It gives me the performance that i need for WoT and Other applications like Cad Systems 3d rendering software and others.

Going to do it the proper way tho. Will store data and access the internet only from the Mac, and Windows will serve only for running programs and WoT of course.

That leads me to an another question. Wich is the better antivirus program? Avast or AVG?
The_Raging_Bull
The_Raging_Bull

Back to top Go down

Post  Vampir_Kifla Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:12 pm

I'm using AVG free, so far so good, haven't had any problems with it.
Vampir_Kifla
Vampir_Kifla
INSTRUCTOR
INSTRUCTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Rancidpunk Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:49 pm

Marco1105 wrote:Nah I am better off with boot camp right now. It gives me the performance that i need for WoT and Other applications like Cad Systems 3d rendering software and others.

Going to do it the proper way tho. Will store data and access the internet only from the Mac, and Windows will serve only for running programs and WoT of course.

That leads me to an another question. Wich is the better antivirus program? Avast or AVG?
Avast by about a million miles!
Rancidpunk
Rancidpunk
INSTRUCTOR
INSTRUCTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  SunTZuGa Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:58 pm

Marco1105 wrote:Nah I am better off with boot camp right now. It gives me the performance that i need for WoT and Other applications like Cad Systems 3d rendering software and others.

I'm using Avast many years and didn't have any problem or infection by virus/malware/spyware/.... All attempts was detected succesfully. If you would like to help me to collect one more recomendation/invitation please use link: http://www.avast.com/en-eu/get/4mKdFgRt for download.
SunTZuGa
SunTZuGa

Back to top Go down

Post  Moulie Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:25 am

I have used AVG for many years, although now i use the Windows defender on my pc i still rely on AVG for my S4. AVG never let me down since XP first came out!

Moulie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum