SGTA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Chatbox
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» The AFK thread
by Tecuani Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:15 am

» Basic - Camouflage and spotting - 26th of November - 19:30UTC
by ZerONRNS Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:42 am

» SGTA is moving!
by Vallu01 Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:57 am

» Trying to understand the T-34...
by Vallu01 Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:53 am

» Hello from Prometheus
by Pendergast Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:15 am

» Repeat of peek-a-boo lesson?
by JosefSvejk Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:57 pm

» M46 Patton, wat to do .vs TD division
by Rajahz Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:46 am

» T-44 Patrol Duty
by Wen90 Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:45 am

» Peek a boo lesson
by Madhias Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:51 am

ever had a night when

+2
Brainfarter
vorlontank
6 posters

Go down

ever had a night when Empty ever had a night when

Post  vorlontank Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:47 am

you just want to shoot your own team?
at least half of my games tonight have had either a bot or an afk top tierr heavy.some games were lost so bad i dont think my team had brought any ammo.to cap it all, we lost the last game tonight which would have been mega for me because we got capped. so what i hear you say.three of us were rushing back to decap but slowly( me in ferdi, others equally slow) while the closest guy in his full hp black prince wouldn't go down and take a shot.he sat while they capped to 100 from zero. looked up his game after. 2 shots fired, one of them at his own team!
grrrrrh:x  i had 4 kills and over 3k damage, we were 5 v 2 at the end

vorlontank

Back to top Go down

ever had a night when Empty Re: ever had a night when

Post  Brainfarter Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:01 pm

Classic. Shake it off, focus on your own performance only. It is in fact the only thing one can optimize.
/pat and then on with it.

I notice from your autosig. that even though you had a terrible evening you still improved. Take that from the day, and leave the rest behind.

/B
Brainfarter
Brainfarter
Lead Guide
Lead Guide

Back to top Go down

Post  flash64 Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:28 am

hiya,

I think it is the mission 7 kills , 7 wins and survive 7 times. People did not take any risks.
Hopefully you'll see better performance when this is over.

cheerio
flash64
flash64

Back to top Go down

Post  Daeworn Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:09 pm

What I found out from my Saturday pain with teams. The less you care, the more fun you have. Simply, when you drive light tank, go out and scout enemy until you win or are killed. If you drive medium, follow heavies and harass enemy from sides until you win or are killed. If you drive arty or TDs, find spot from where you can reach enemy and do dmg until you win or are killed. If you drive heavy, go to the front and hold the line against enemy as long as you can until you win or are killed. Everything up from this is just not necessary weight on your shoulders and no one will appreciate it at the end, so why bother. At the end what matters is, if you feel good. As if you feel good, you will play good too and have fun. And fun is about what it all should be. It is a game after all.

Daeworn

Back to top Go down

Post  vorlontank Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:22 am

do you know tonight wasn't any teams fault, i think the rng said ' hes been playing better, i'll shaft him!' i had paper armour and couldn't pen anyone. got killed a couple of times from stealth and sixth sense never went off. horrible time
ha just checked this morning and 29%, even a bot is better than me now

vorlontank

Back to top Go down

Post  flash64 Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:41 pm

hiya,

Although is is very frustrating that 29% day will even itself out over time.
When you have fail teams it pays to go into " selfish" mode.
Don't try to force issues which will just get you shot up for nothing. I.E just wait it out let someone else be a hero.
Try and avoid losing HP early game , so you can trade HP in late game for damage and/or kills.
What i am trying to say is stay alive as long as you can .
You will lose the match but you will improve your own game ,and that is the most important thing.

Don't forget even when you are 60% WR you still lose 4 out of 10 whether you like it or not.
don't fret to much about WR.Smile 

Cheerio
flash64
flash64

Back to top Go down

Post  Daeworn Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:29 pm

flash64 wrote:hiya,
When you have fail teams it pays to go into " selfish" mode.
Don't try to force issues which will just get you shot up for nothing. I.E just wait it out let someone else be a hero.
Try and avoid losing HP early game , so you can trade HP in late game for damage and/or kills.
What i am trying to say is stay alive as long as you can .
You will lose the match but you will improve your own game ,and that is the most important thing.
Yep, it happened a lot to me to be called noob, when I simply don’t go head on against 2 tiers higher hard hitting enemies and sit back, camp and snipe ... what those people don’t realize, that with my lesser armor and hp I would die in lets say 5-10s, but if I sit back and snipe I do ten times more dmg to the enemy = ten times more help to my team. So don’t fight in battles which are disadvantageous for you from start. The more dmg you do to enemy, the more help you do for team and for you too. You still may lose, but when the after battle tab came out and your T8 did most dmg among your teammates with T10 and T9 tanks, you did hell of a job for team (and money too Cool )

Daeworn

Back to top Go down

Post  AndyScouser Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:44 am

All you can do is make sure you are in the top 3 damage dealers and be happy with that some battles.... It gets really bad when you see that 8 or more of your team have done 0dmg at the end...

Ill sometimes take my anger out on the seals with my T18/Matilda/LTP or Pak40 if things get too bad.

Change servers too if you have a bad losing streak, im not sure if it is really worth it but it seems to give me a fresh perspective on things.
AndyScouser
AndyScouser

Back to top Go down

Post  nilzatron Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:10 am

vorlontank wrote:do you know tonight wasn't any teams fault, i think the rng said ' hes been playing better, i'll shaft him!' i had paper armour and couldn't pen anyone. got killed a couple of times from stealth and sixth sense never went off. horrible time
ha just checked this morning and 29%, even a bot is better than me now
I had a feeling that happened to me a couple of times yesterday, but I thought it was just down to me having tunnel vision and missing it. I will pay attention to it, see if it happens again...check a couple of replays if I can find it.
nilzatron
nilzatron
Guide
Guide

Back to top Go down

Post  AndyScouser Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:23 am

Sixth sense has been changed recently, since 8.7 has it not...? It takes longer to alert you, from 3 to 5s, and 5s is often enough for the enemy to shoot you.
Where sixth sense was crucial, now it means you have to peek out from cover and immediately pull back, assuming you are spotted, if after a few seconds the alarm doesnt sound you are ok to advance.

If you have been spotted and soon after you advance and the alarm doesnt go off, its probably due to the fact that you where not 'un-spotted' after the initial sighting.
AndyScouser
AndyScouser

Back to top Go down

Post  Daeworn Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:24 pm

AndyScouser wrote:Sixth sense has been changed recently, since 8.7 has it not...?  It takes longer to alert you, from 3 to 5s, and 5s is often enough for the enemy to shoot you.  

5s ? Holly crap, so that why, when sixth ring on my arty, enemy is already sitting on my back.

Daeworn

Back to top Go down

Post  AndyScouser Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:09 pm

You know, i didnt just dream that 5s thing up, but im unable to find where i saw it on the net.... even the wiki doesnt specify the time.
AndyScouser
AndyScouser

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum