SGTA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Chatbox
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» The AFK thread
by Tecuani Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:15 am

» Basic - Camouflage and spotting - 26th of November - 19:30UTC
by ZerONRNS Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:42 am

» SGTA is moving!
by Vallu01 Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:57 am

» Trying to understand the T-34...
by Vallu01 Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:53 am

» Hello from Prometheus
by Pendergast Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:15 am

» Repeat of peek-a-boo lesson?
by JosefSvejk Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:57 pm

» M46 Patton, wat to do .vs TD division
by Rajahz Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:46 am

» T-44 Patrol Duty
by Wen90 Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:45 am

» Peek a boo lesson
by Madhias Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:51 am

preferred tanks for CW/TC

5 posters

Go down

preferred tanks for CW/TC Empty preferred tanks for CW/TC

Post  nilzatron Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:39 pm

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could provide me with a list of preferred tanks for CW and/or TC and the respective minimum skill levels? I'd like to see what I already have (but maybe should develop a little further), or which ones I could research/buy within a reasonable timeframe, while I am on the waiting list. I am currently enjoying some time off work, so there should be plenty of time for some pre-admission prep sessions Wink
nilzatron
nilzatron
Guide
Guide

Back to top Go down

preferred tanks for CW/TC Empty Re: preferred tanks for CW/TC

Post  RoninRage Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:51 pm

Hi!

I think CW is not the normal case we only do it because the campaign is more for low Tier tanks.
Most time Junior (Tier 4) or Senior (Tier 6) TC's are played.
Preferred tanks for Junior:
Arty: SU-26, Wespe, Bison
Tanks: Panzer III, Mathilda, T-28
Scout: Tetrarch, Panzer Ic, T2 Light

for Senior:
Arty: Grille, M7 Priest, AMX 105AM, (SU-5)
Tanks: KV1-S, Hellcat, Cromwell, VK 36.01 H
Scout: T-50

Others feel free to correct me or extend that list.

And if you want to be hated by the FC you bring a TOG II.

Greetz
Ronin

Last edited by RoninRage on Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
RoninRage
RoninRage
Guide
Guide

Back to top Go down

Post  we_just_dinged_em Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:00 pm

Wespe is not the preferred arty for Junior TC. Bison is better and is a tier lower.

Also, Priest is not preferred for Medium TC due to low damage output. Best Tier 4 arties are Grille and AMX 105 AM for TC, but the SU5 is also devastating loaded with HEAT shells, but needs an experienced player to get the most out of it.

Tanks are pretty much spot on tho Smile
we_just_dinged_em
we_just_dinged_em

http://www.noobmeter.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Daeworn Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:06 pm

For the TCs only is preferred to have the crew main skill at 100% and preferably have the tank fully researched, everything else (modules, consumable, secondary skills, etc.) is up to you (consult in chat or check some guides for the type of tank you use to max his attributes).

For CW on other hand you need more:
100% main crew skill is must
rammer module and ventilation (if possible) is must
premium ammo is must
for arty premium food to boost skills (coca, chocolate etc.) must
preferred are also other premium consumables (med kit, rep kit)

rest is on FC what he wants or what guides on internet suggest

Daeworn

Back to top Go down

Post  Rancidpunk Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:02 pm

montyburns1982 wrote:Wespe is not the preferred arty for Junior TC. Bison is better and is a tier lower.

Also, Priest is not preferred for Medium TC due to low damage output. Best Tier 4 arties are Grille and AMX 105 AM for TC, but the SU5 is also devastating loaded with HEAT shells, but needs an experienced player to get the most out of it.

For the CW tournament I think the gold ammo for arty is too much a of a gamble on a direct hit against equal tier, low hp, tiny little tanks for me to take any tonight (****ing noob arty's like me keep missing) so I'm only loading the ammo that causes splash damage!
Rancidpunk
Rancidpunk
INSTRUCTOR
INSTRUCTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  we_just_dinged_em Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:09 pm

SU26 best arty for tonights CW I think Smile

Mine has 24 HEAT shells loaded, but might swap them out for normal HE being as I'll be shooting and PZ I Cs and the like Smile
we_just_dinged_em
we_just_dinged_em

Back to top Go down

Post  Daeworn Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:25 pm

Rancidpunk wrote:
montyburns1982 wrote:Wespe is not the preferred arty for Junior TC. Bison is better and is a tier lower.

For the CW tournament I think the gold ammo for arty is too much a of a gamble on a direct hit against equal tier, low hp, tiny little tanks for me to take any tonight (****ing noob arty's like me keep missing) so I'm only loading the ammo that causes splash damage!

higher tier artys have splash prem ammo, but yes for arty is usually the HE ammo just what they need (the bonus splash dmg is not as marginal compare to price and you still can onehit tanks of same tier with normal ammo)

Daeworn

Back to top Go down

Post  nilzatron Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:31 pm

Cheers!

My garage contains a  Panzer III, Panzer Ic, and a KV1-S. I have a T49, because I am grinding towards a Hellcat. Cromwell is on the wishlist down the line. I plan to buy back a VK 36.01 H at some point (probably retrain my VK 30.01 H crew to it, now that my KV-1S is the go-to T6), but grinding a couple of different lines lately ate all my creds.
I suck at arty (nor do I enjoy it very much), so I will skip those for now. Still, once I get the Hellcat, that should give me 2 options for each company class Cool

I tend to drop some gold on tanks I intend to keep to buy the crew to 100% straight away and put some camo on it, so all three of those tanks are at 150-200% skill. I'll make sure to at least do the x2 on those tanks to develop the crews a bit more.
nilzatron
nilzatron
Guide
Guide

Back to top Go down

Post  Rancidpunk Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:50 pm

Daeworn wrote:
Rancidpunk wrote:

higher tier artys have splash prem ammo, but yes for arty is usually the HE ammo just what they need (the bonus splash dmg is not as marginal compare to price and you still can onehit tanks of same tier with normal ammo)

I've tried all the ammo on all the arty tiers except the T92 (tried it on test server but gave up after I saw the size of the aim circle!) and I honestly think it's a complete waste of time buying premium shells for their extended splash range, if I can't land a standard shell close enough I really shouldn't keep playing arty Smile
I'm waiting for the patch before I decide whether to buy the French tier 5 and 7 arty again and sell the yank tier 7, depends on what seems best. 
Although atm I'm desperately saving credits to get three heavy spall liners before the update!
Rancidpunk
Rancidpunk
INSTRUCTOR
INSTRUCTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Daeworn Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:59 pm

Rancidpunk wrote:I'm waiting for the patch before I decide whether to buy the French tier 5 and 7 arty again and sell the yank tier 7, depends on what seems best. 
Although atm I'm desperately saving credits to get three heavy spall liners before the update!
(A bit more off topic :-) )
Tell me about sparing credits. Expensive modules for lousy low tiers (usually 10-20 times more than whole tank with ammo lol) drain my wallet almost to the bottom. And still I want to keep my plan and buy one T7 and one T6 arty before they both change to T8 and be three times or twice more expensive, respectively.

Daeworn

Back to top Go down

Post  we_just_dinged_em Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:11 pm

I keep one or 2 high tier premium HE shells in my arty, just because they can be used to decap if someone is hiding and his hard to hit, I've managed to decap many times using premium ammo when standard ammo just didnt have the splash Smile

mostly its a waste of time tho.

I am nearly at T92, its a race against time before the patch, but I have the other tier 8 arties. The new German tier 9 arty with the turret looks fun Smile
we_just_dinged_em
we_just_dinged_em

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down