SGTA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Chatbox
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» The AFK thread
by Tecuani Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:15 am

» Basic - Camouflage and spotting - 26th of November - 19:30UTC
by ZerONRNS Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:42 am

» SGTA is moving!
by Vallu01 Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:57 am

» Trying to understand the T-34...
by Vallu01 Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:53 am

» Hello from Prometheus
by Pendergast Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:15 am

» Repeat of peek-a-boo lesson?
by JosefSvejk Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:57 pm

» M46 Patton, wat to do .vs TD division
by Rajahz Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:46 am

» T-44 Patrol Duty
by Wen90 Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:45 am

» Peek a boo lesson
by Madhias Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:51 am

Tank companies, tanks of choice (>patch 8.6)

+10
Zoidie
nilzatron
CountOfTuscany
Kostis_Larsson
Wasp
BehemothNL
Vampir_Kifla
RoninRage
we_just_dinged_em
Boos B
14 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Tank companies, tanks of choice (>patch 8.6) Empty Tank companies, tanks of choice (>patch 8.6)

Post  Boos B Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:47 pm

Work in progress!

This topic will host the tanks of choice per tank company type. Please feel free to contribute, since i have limited information regarding this aspect.

Junior TC:
With the rebalance of the arty, you can take 10 tier 4 tanks to get the best effects, rendering lights useless here.
Light: (not recommended)
Medium: Mathilda as main assault, T-28 as sniper
Heavy: (not recommended)
TD: m8a1 (also for scouting), Hetzer DERP!
Arty: Pz.Sfl. IVb, SU-5

1 thing we can still try is to use t1 + SU-26. (Dong760, I welcome your feedback here)

Medium TC
Light: t-50
Medium: Easy8, VK3601, Cromwell
Heavy: KV1s, KV2 (derp)
TD: hellcat, SU-100Y
Arty: M44, LEFH

Champion TC
Light: AMX 13/90
Medium: t69
Heavy: T32, IS-3, AMX 50 100
TD: MLE 1948, ISU 152
Arty: Lorraine 155 51, GW Panther

Absolute TC
Light:
Medium: BatChat, t-62a
Heavy: IS-7, T110e5, T57, E-100, AMX50B
TD: Foch, Obj 268
Arty: BatChat 155/55 (tier 9), Obj 261, (All tier 10 arties still viable, but T92 and Batchat probably are a bit more situational now.)

will update with your feedback Smile

TANK COMPANIES AT SGTA!
Tank companies at SGTA are there to learn about tactics, prepare you for TCs in more professional clans and potentially clan wars.

As FC for JTC I deal with the tanks as they come. So do not let this list stop you. HOWEVER! Owning these tanks will increase the win-chances and the fun in the game. So consider that. Also: you have a bigger chance of being swapped out. Personally subconsiously I do consider tanks choices. (just being honest here...)

FAQ:
Q: Do I need to have all modules?
A: No, but it is recommended. It will increase your own performance and effectiveness, resulting in more fun.

Q: Do I need to have my crew fully trained?
A: No, but it is recommended. It will increase your own performance and effectiveness, resulting in more fun.

Q: Do I need to have consumables?
A: This is one where I would say yes. It is a small investment, which should earn itself back.

Q: Do I need gold / premium shells or consumables?
A: hell no! There is nothing at stake if you lose, so it would be a waste of money. Only noobs go into TCs with clan wars settings.

Q: With all those talks about communications, should I say nothing at all?
A: Of course not. It is meant to be fun. But know when to be quiet. (I have difficulties with this myself.) Most important: do not comment or question an order.

Last edited by Boos B on Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:08 pm; edited 8 times in total
Boos B
Boos B
INSTRUCTOR
INSTRUCTOR

Back to top Go down

Tank companies, tanks of choice (>patch 8.6) Empty Re: Tank companies, tanks of choice (>patch 8.6)

Post  we_just_dinged_em Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:53 pm

Junior TC arty: PZ IV SFLB, SU-5 is still good (high dmg) but situational, depends on map, tactics and TC. SU26 is useless as it can barely scratch heavy tanks IMHO.

Medium TC arty: M44 bar none, it's the only tier 6 arty that doesnt have to reaim every few seconds and has nice dmg. The LEFH can also be used (tier 5) due to its high rate of fire (great for keeping people tracked) Wouldnt touch the Hummel IMHO.

Champ TC arty: Lorraine 155 50 due to speed and decent reload/aim time. GW Panther also usefull (Tier 7) and still does decent dmg. Wouldnt touch the rest with a shitty stick.

Absolute: All tier 10 arties still viable, but T92 and Batchat probbaly a bi more situational now. I personally would consider the Tier 9 french arty (great aimtime, reload and good dmg). I've also heard the Tier 9 US arty is good but havent ground it yet.

The new British arties look nice, some might be useful for TC such as the Birch gun (turreted arty)
we_just_dinged_em
we_just_dinged_em

http://www.noobmeter.com

Back to top Go down

Tank companies, tanks of choice (>patch 8.6) Empty Re: Tank companies, tanks of choice (>patch 8.6)

Post  RoninRage Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:27 pm

@medium tc and hellcat:
We did some medium TC's with rancid and the Hellcat worked fine as far as i saw and can recall the battle results (i think they dealt good damage most times more than the KV-1s's in all battles we were in) in my mind. But a hellcat driver might know that better I used the KV-1s due to lack of hellcat at the moment.

@junior tc's:
There was a point (when it did not go as well with the Panzer III's) where i thought of bringing the B2 740 which has a bigger health pool (400) than the matilda's and a thicker hull armor (90) ok it has no slopping going on there has a higher profile and i think to be successfull it would be needed to go full gold. Just as a tank to discusse and if the FC aggrees i might try at the next JTC.
RoninRage
RoninRage
Guide
Guide

Back to top Go down

Post  Boos B Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:45 pm

thanks guys. A hellcat driver told me it was nerfed to grap because of the accuracy buff. Anything can hit now and all will pen. Making it not as good as it used to be.
Boos B
Boos B
INSTRUCTOR
INSTRUCTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  we_just_dinged_em Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:49 pm

hellcat is still viable, it just needs to be used cleverley...i.e. get in fire and get out, you can't trade shots wih oher tanks with 13mm of hull armour! Smile

You also missed Wasps VK off the medium TC, think he might be upset as its a stronk tenk! Smile

ISU 152 might be useful in Tier 8 TC depending on maps and tactics. OFC its got no armour but the BL10 with APCR is pure win.
we_just_dinged_em
we_just_dinged_em

Back to top Go down

Post  Vampir_Kifla Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:57 pm

Boosb, Hellcat is as stronk as ever. No nerfs there. You could add SU-100Y along with the Hellcat since it has very good pen and high alpha.
For absolute, E-100 is also used, T62A (best dpm) and Obj 268. Also that Obj 261 is awesome (best acc)
Vampir_Kifla
Vampir_Kifla
INSTRUCTOR
INSTRUCTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Boos B Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:05 pm

Vampir_Kifla wrote:Boosb, Hellcat is as stronk as ever. No nerfs there. You could add SU-100Y along with the Hellcat since it has very good pen and high alpha.
For absolute, E-100 is also used, T62A (best dpm) and Obj 268. Also that Obj 261 is awesome (best acc)
do not shoot the messenger! O.o This is what a hellcat player told me.

Anyway: added the tanks. The VK3601 is the worst tank in the game (jk). If Wasp wants this in the list, he must edit the post himself Razz
Boos B
Boos B
INSTRUCTOR
INSTRUCTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  we_just_dinged_em Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:11 pm

Boobs, its the Lorraine 155 51, not the 155 50, the 50 is tier 7 and is now utter dog turd.

Also, the Batchat 155 55 is the Tier 9 arty and is greta, thr Tier 10 is the Batchat 155 58 and is ok but situational (its the one with the 75 sec drum reload)
we_just_dinged_em
we_just_dinged_em

Back to top Go down

Post  Boos B Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:18 pm

duly corrected. Thank greta for me.
Boos B
Boos B
INSTRUCTOR
INSTRUCTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  BehemothNL Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:30 pm

Don't forget the Pz1 Ausf. C for the Juniors and the power of the KV-2 derp for Medium.
BehemothNL
BehemothNL
INSTRUCTOR
INSTRUCTOR

https://www.youtube.com/user/sNiPeReLiTeNL

Back to top Go down

Post  we_just_dinged_em Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:34 pm

Boos B wrote:duly corrected. Thank greta for me.

It's because I have pigs tits for fingers.
we_just_dinged_em
we_just_dinged_em

Back to top Go down

Post  Boos B Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:21 am

BehemothNL wrote:Don't forget the Pz1 Ausf. C for the Juniors and the power of the KV-2 derp for Medium.
Thanks KV2 added. Yesterday we tried the JTC and found that the Pz1c is not so much used anymore. It simply lacks pen against hetzers and mathilda. There is only one option now: spam gold. Besides that, it is tier 3. With the new change to arty, a team can consist of 10 tanks medium and arty, so tier 3s are really not that useful for team composition.
Boos B
Boos B
INSTRUCTOR
INSTRUCTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Vampir_Kifla Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:51 am

Can you use the duck for JTC or it's too high?
Vampir_Kifla
Vampir_Kifla
INSTRUCTOR
INSTRUCTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Boos B Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:08 am

Vampir_Kifla wrote:Can you use the duck for JTC or it's too high?
Duck is tier 4. To be honest, I did not even consider the duck...Suspect 
Boos B
Boos B
INSTRUCTOR
INSTRUCTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Wasp Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:14 am

Boos B wrote:
Anyway: added the tanks. The VK3601 is the worst tank in the game (jk). If Wasp wants this in the list, he must edit the post himself Razz

Done Very Happy

I would also add the AMX 50 100 for champ TCs. But just one maximum two of them + it needs good players to play them efficient.

Last edited by Wasp on Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Wasp
Wasp
DEP. COMMANDER
DEP. COMMANDER

Back to top Go down

Post  BehemothNL Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:14 am

AMX40 is a tier4 light tank, IE not available for JTC. The dreamteam already made that mistake by buying gold crew for it and unable to use it Very Happy
BehemothNL
BehemothNL
INSTRUCTOR
INSTRUCTOR

https://www.youtube.com/user/sNiPeReLiTeNL

Back to top Go down

Post  Boos B Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:49 am

ah, yes it was a light disguised as a heavy. Thanks for that!
Boos B
Boos B
INSTRUCTOR
INSTRUCTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Kostis_Larsson Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:08 am

For Medium companies you should also add the Cromwell, it's super fast and can be used as scout, flanker and sniper. Much better than T-50 in the right hands.

T-69 is useful only if it shoots gold otherwise you can ding IS-3s sides.

Slow and tanks without turret (TDs) are not that useful for companies unless your tactic is to camp and defend a specific area.

T-50-2 can also be used in Champion companies, but after the arty nerf we don't use them that much for the early spotting. We used to play with two t-50-2 and four arties.
Another scout combination that is viable is the T-71 + t1 (cunnigham), the t1 stays in a bush somewhere near the base to spot attacking enemies.

For absolute companies another heavy that can be used as sniper to replace TDs is the French AMX50B.
Kostis_Larsson
Kostis_Larsson

Back to top Go down

Post  CountOfTuscany Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:21 am

lol, I grounded my way up to the PzIII, so I could use it in JTC. Havent played a JTC so far, and now my pz3 is useless Razz

I think i will get myself a m8a1 again someday.
CountOfTuscany
CountOfTuscany

Back to top Go down

Post  Kostis_Larsson Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:26 pm

If i remember correct PzIII is the king of junior companies.
Kostis_Larsson
Kostis_Larsson

Back to top Go down

Post  nilzatron Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:17 am

Used to be, apparently. From what I have heard, it has progressed into mostly M8A1 (pretty much a mini-Hellcat, so makes sense) and derp-Hetzer (T4 alpha king, so also makes sense).

The 8.5 arty nerf seems to have changed the TC dynamic quite a bit.
nilzatron
nilzatron
Guide
Guide

Back to top Go down

Post  Zoidie Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:11 am

Seem's I have some buying/grinding to do since looking at the list, the only tank I have is a Hellcat. I never realised for TC's that people only wanted specific tanks. I always thought it was a bring the player kind of thing.

Zoidie

Back to top Go down

Post  HowTheStoryEnds Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:33 am

I think hetzer got nerfed quite a bit as well, trajectory and speed of the shell has changed and it's a lot harder to lead and hit with it now. HE isn't what it was before either. It more or less became much more of a crapshoot/gamble tanks than before. :-/
HowTheStoryEnds
HowTheStoryEnds
Guide
Guide

Back to top Go down

Post  Daeworn Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:32 pm

Zoidie wrote:Seem's I have some buying/grinding to do since looking at the list, the only tank I have is a Hellcat.  I never realised for TC's that people only wanted specific tanks.  I always thought it was a bring the player kind of thing.

For random TC maybe, but for organized TCs and a specially for CWs later, you have to have proper tank against enemy. And as the number of tanks is limited in TCs by points, you have to select the strongest in their tier.

With that comes an idea which may bring me back to WoT. Cool What about national-experimental TCs ... like British or germen companies (and etc.)? Or even some setups deployed in real battlefields (like tanks which are chosen for events), like Russian side on Stalingrad or germen in Ardennes (Battle of the Bulge) and so. Not for win, as we are dependent on random choice of map in TCs, but it may be fun Smile

Daeworn

Back to top Go down

Post  CountOfTuscany Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:08 pm

Daeworn wrote:

With that comes an idea which may bring me back to WoT. Cool What about national-experimental TCs ... like British or germen companies (and etc.)? Or even some setups deployed in real battlefields (like tanks which are chosen for events), like Russian side on Stalingrad or germen in Ardennes (Battle of the Bulge) and so. Not for win, as we are dependent on random choice of map in TCs, but it may be fun Smile

Interesting idea. I have been thinking of some Schwerer Panzer Abteilung (mainly Panthers, Tigers, Tiger II's). but a TD corps of Hellcats and Sluggers might also be interesting.
CountOfTuscany
CountOfTuscany

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next