SGTA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Chatbox
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» The AFK thread
by Tecuani Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:15 am

» Basic - Camouflage and spotting - 26th of November - 19:30UTC
by ZerONRNS Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:42 am

» SGTA is moving!
by Vallu01 Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:57 am

» Trying to understand the T-34...
by Vallu01 Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:53 am

» Hello from Prometheus
by Pendergast Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:15 am

» Repeat of peek-a-boo lesson?
by JosefSvejk Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:57 pm

» M46 Patton, wat to do .vs TD division
by Rajahz Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:46 am

» T-44 Patrol Duty
by Wen90 Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:45 am

» Peek a boo lesson
by Madhias Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:51 am

Ding760 is Leaving SGTA Q.Q

+27
ZerONRNS
Maddog30
TANKOPPRESSION
SunTZuGa
Opa_Apo
Boos B
Brainfarter
tickomatick
antoncini
Grayarea
CountOfTuscany
Shufuni
lophius
Etairos
fluffy_paw
Wasp
BehemothNL
RoninRage
IronClaw
HowTheStoryEnds
we_just_dinged_em
nilzatron
Vallu01
Sapaki
EUROBrit
Emric
Ding760
31 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Ding760 is Leaving SGTA Q.Q - Page 2 Empty Re: Ding760 is Leaving SGTA Q.Q

Post  tickomatick Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:10 am

All the best mate, no girly talks from me, i hope you find your way through, it was (and it still will be) a great time out there on the battlefields!
purely, thank you for everything!
tickomatick
tickomatick
Guide
Guide

Back to top Go down

Post  Brainfarter Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:08 pm

Feeling: By abandoning us, you have turned your back on the project you "invented". Disowning your own child. Shame on you. No friends-list from me.

Thinking: Ok, if you no longer feel the way about the project as before, then this might be the solution. Godspeed and enjoy the game and life out there. I am still no way in sync with your decision but if that is the way it must be, then so be it.
I fear that SGTA will suffer under this, since your network and ingame-name has given us many opportunities to be part of something bigger. It is some big footsteps to follow, on that behalf.
I however have full confidence in that the management will work as hard as ever before to build and nurse the educational environment that was so much the founding-stone of this.

GG and GJ.

/Brain

PS: Added to friendslist
PPS: I sincerely hope that you could make a small statement (yes, try to keep it short) on the official forums, so that noone can troll a "Ding was thrown out of SGTA!!!" story there. If you still feel like supporting the project, you should give your recommendations to it there imo.

Brainfarter
Brainfarter
Lead Guide
Lead Guide

Back to top Go down

Post  Boos B Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:19 pm

No trolling this time... This news hurts. You were the one pulling me in and having the confidence in me to grow.

I will miss you and your weird tactics. Keep in touch.
Boos B
Boos B
INSTRUCTOR
INSTRUCTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  CountOfTuscany Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:10 am

Ding760 wrote:Lol you fellas are hilarious. I'm hardly that far away in the internet age.

Add me to friends list -> see me online -> drop me a message -> ask me anything -> profit lol, simples! Very Happy
(had you already added to friends list)

Lol, I wonder how the first day playing on your new Alienware notebook will look like... some 200 platoon requests and messages sent lol! 
CountOfTuscany
CountOfTuscany

Back to top Go down

Post  Opa_Apo Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:11 am

I'm for a week offline and somthing like this happens Sad
Well good luck on your new/old way Smile
Opa_Apo
Opa_Apo

Back to top Go down

Post  Ding760 Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:08 am

fluffy_paw wrote:Ding!
Very sad to see you leave.

I wish you all the best and hope to see you around!
If me and Harald keeps in contact we'll see each other around don't worry lol.
Ding760
Ding760

Back to top Go down

Post  Ding760 Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:24 am

Brainfarter wrote:Feeling: By abandoning us, you have turned your back on the project you "invented". Disowning your own child. Shame on you. No friends-list from me.

Thinking: Ok, if you no longer feel the way about the project as before, then this might be the solution. Godspeed and enjoy the game and life out there. I am still no way in sync with your decision but if that is the way it must be, then so be it.
I fear that SGTA will suffer under this, since your network and ingame-name has given us many opportunities to be part of something bigger. It is some big footsteps to follow, on that behalf.
I however have full confidence in that the management will work as hard as ever before to build and nurse the educational environment that was so much the founding-stone of this.

GG and GJ.

/Brain

PS: Added to friendslist
PPS: I sincerely hope that you could make a small statement (yes, try to keep it short) on the official forums, so that noone can troll a "Ding was thrown out of SGTA!!!" story there. If you still feel like supporting the project, you should give your recommendations to it there imo.

You know the feeling is mutual right? No matter what I or others want to believe I'm only human. I cannot ignore the fact I do feel slightly hijacked of my "invention". But don't worry, I am well aware this is how the world turns, it is the right decision I've undertaken given the circumstances, or else all students in SGTA will have no instructors, and that's something I want even less than me leaving SGTA, it's really that simple.

My contribution towards the SGTA initiative was considered to be minor by the staff base from our chats in the private section of the forum and in the end it was generally not deemed sufficient enough to even earn me a right to voice my opinions without sarcastic retaliation. I have to admit I felt undervalued despite doing a totally different set of tasks for the initiative which unfortunately, rightly or wrongly, was not deemed to be significant. However, all is not lost as the roles I had dedicated myself to can be replaced. I have little doubt suitable replacements can be found.

Ding was not thrown out of SGTA, but if I tell people what really made me leave (from my point of view) it wouldn't sound better believe me. Regardless, my plan is to keep silent about it unless asked or otherwise unless the requests for information to my forum message inbox gets too much as to warrant such a large-scale response.
Ding760
Ding760

Back to top Go down

Post  SunTZuGa Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:43 am

Ding760 wrote:

... or else all students in SGTA will have no instructors, and that's something I want even less than me leaving SGTA, it's really that simple.

My English isn't so good but that sounds like you've been blackmailed Crying or Very sad ?

My contribution towards the SGTA initiative was considered to be minor by the staff base from our chats in the private section of the forum and in the end it was generally not deemed sufficient enough to even earn me a right to voice my opinions without sarcastic retaliation. I have to admit I felt undervalued despite doing a totally different set of tasks for the initiative which unfortunately, rightly or wrongly, was not deemed to be significant.
For ME personally YOUR name was the synonym for the SGTA and that was what lead me to the SGTA. No additional comments wont be necessary ...
SunTZuGa
SunTZuGa

Back to top Go down

Post  Sapaki Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:56 am

Ding760 wrote:
My contribution towards the SGTA initiative was considered to be minor by the staff base from our chats in the private section of the forum and in the end it was generally not deemed sufficient enough to even earn me a right to voice my opinions without sarcastic retaliation. I have to admit I felt undervalued despite doing a totally different set of tasks for the initiative which unfortunately, rightly or wrongly, was not deemed to be significant.
I kind of disagree on a personal note. Your contribution was significant, especialy on the meta-game. You ensured a strong presence for the clan in the forums as well as in other activities outside of the immediate game scope (media etc.). You where also acting as a very succesful clan diplomat. This is my opinion, but I think that most of the staff thinks likewise. This will be terribly missed and it is not easy to replace at all.
Sapaki
Sapaki
His Royal Majesty the Admissions Officer of the Clan Himself

Back to top Go down

Post  Ding760 Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:08 am

SunTZuGa wrote:
My English isn't so good but that sounds like you've been blackmailed Crying or Very sad ?

Not true, if I had been blackmailed I would have had no choice. I did have a choice which was to change my vision to be compatible with what the management is doing. I declined to do so, hence I left. Blackmail is a strong word lol, in this case that is not the case definitely Smile

Last edited by Ding760 on Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Ding760
Ding760

Back to top Go down

Post  SunTZuGa Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:51 am

Ding760 wrote:
SunTZuGa wrote:

Not true, if I had been blackmailed I would have had no choice. I did have a choice which was to change my vision to be compatible with what teh management is doing. I declined to do so, hence I left. Blackmail is a strong word lol, in this case that is not the case definitely Smile
Strong word or not ... who cares ... but if you wrote "or else all students in SGTA will have no instructors" that means (for me): Ding stay/don't change his vision/ ... = instructors will go = student will have no instructors, so if students want to learn from instructors, instructors have to stay and Ding has to go or change his vision, or ... Smile  It starts to be very complicated for my brain Cool ... In any case I'm very sad because that kind of situation happened between our management. In many situations in my business practice that kind of misunderstanding was the first sign of bad things that will lead to worse Mad .
SunTZuGa
SunTZuGa

Back to top Go down

Post  Ding760 Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:07 am

Sapaki wrote:
I kind of disagree on a personal note. Your contribution was significant, especialy on the meta-game. You ensured a strong presence for the clan in the forums as well as in other activities outside of the immediate game scope (media etc.). You where also acting as a very succesful clan diplomat. This is my opinion, but I think that most of the staff thinks likewise. This will be terribly missed and it is not easy to replace at all.
Didn't do me much good regarding most of the staff when it came to decision making time did it? -.-
Ding760
Ding760

Back to top Go down

Post  Ding760 Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:17 am

SunTZuGa wrote:Strong word or not ... who cares ... but if you wrote "or else all students in SGTA will have no instructors" that means (for me): Ding stay/don't change his vision/ ... = instructors will go = student will have no instructors, so if students want to learn from instructors, instructors have to stay and Ding has to go or change his vision, or ... Smile  It starts to be very complicated for my brain Cool ... In any case I'm very sad because that kind of situation happened between our management. In many situations in my business practice that kind of misunderstanding was the first sign of bad things that will lead to worse Mad .
Yeeeah... but it's still not really blackmail.

Ok ok the way I see it is simple... in real life, in a business for example... differences in vision happens quite a lot (you just never hear about them). When members of management concretely disagree with each other over some core visionary issues, one side has to compromise or leave.

I have compromised on my vision quite a lot during my journey in SGTA, but I have never compromised any of my core values (in my view) regarding SGTA. Recently, I have been given indication that decisions will be made which breaks one of my core values in my view (which is a part of my vision), and on that I am not willing to compromise any further. Also when voicing my opinion I was given indication my voice was not really welcome. Under such circumstances, I decided instead of arguing my point, which risks losing all the instructors, I would simply leave. This is the choice of the least risk if I wanted to keep my core values while keeping the instructors where they are in my opinion.

So you see... it's a voluntary choice made by me under a particular set of circumstances. The staff base in SGTA are just getting on with what they do best, it was my decision to leave and they didn't do anything above and beyond the ordinary to force me to leave. I just didn't see the signs until recently that's all!
Ding760
Ding760

Back to top Go down

Post  Etairos Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:58 am

:'(
Etairos
Etairos

Back to top Go down

Post  Brainfarter Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:06 pm

Would have loved you to stick around, since the concept in its original form was yours and your exposure on forums, in media and by WG contributed to the uniqueness of SGTA.

That said, this ship still sails (full of TOG's, mind you!!!) and I am not abandoning a project which still holds the potential to move almost all players attached to a higher level of gaming.

GG and GJ to you, dear Ding.
Now lets get the best of the future.

/Brain
Brainfarter
Brainfarter
Lead Guide
Lead Guide

Back to top Go down

Post  TANKOPPRESSION Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:13 pm

Ok Ding give back said item to you know who ! and everything will be back to normal .

Ding760 is Leaving SGTA Q.Q - Page 2 Y6373_11

pig
TANKOPPRESSION
TANKOPPRESSION

Back to top Go down

Post  Maddog30 Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:12 pm

:-( very sad of this news. l joined only 1 month and a half ago and in that time l have enjoyed chatting and playing your crazy tcs. Thanks to you and instructors I have got better at this game meet some amazing people as well. I owe you a beer for that . Wish everything gos well for your future m8

Maddog30

Back to top Go down

Post  ZerONRNS Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:44 pm

oh my Asian friend pale Sad 

dont go No 
ZerONRNS
ZerONRNS

Back to top Go down

Post  PointyHairedJedi Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:27 am

Whatever else, Ding, I know we're all grateful that you founded SGTA to begin with, and I'm as sorry as everyone else to see you're ending your official association with the clan.

Don't be a stranger, eh. Smile
PointyHairedJedi
PointyHairedJedi
INSTRUCTOR
INSTRUCTOR

https://www.youtube.com/user/PointyHairedJedi

Back to top Go down

Post  Ding760 Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:48 pm

PointyHairedJedi wrote:Whatever else, Ding, I know we're all grateful that you founded SGTA to begin with, and I'm as sorry as everyone else to see you're ending your official association with the clan.

Don't be a stranger, eh. Smile
Only if you're a stranger with me Very Happy
Ding760
Ding760

Back to top Go down

Post  weulitus Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:14 am

Sad news on a rainy October day... affraid 
As one who has been around right from the start of SGTA (but generally keeping to the back rows so to say) I am sad to see Ding go and to read that we have drifted away from his envisioned direction. But at the same time I am glad, that Ding - as usual - acted rational, put his personal feelings behind the common interest and handed things over smoothly. While I can relate to his personal disappointment, I still think he achieved a lot of his ambitious ideas first voiced in a forum post almost one and a half years ago.
That things have moved in a direction he can no longer support is unfortunate, but as others have mentioned one of the realities of life. What is important is, how we act upon reaching such a point and in my opinion Ding did the right thing.

I hope am sure to still see you around ingame and if not I have you in my friendlist on steam.

So long and thanks for all the fish inspiration!

If the administration needs someone to donate for hosting the web site just PM me Exclamation 

Oh I almost forgot: about that statue, do you prefer Chinese style or Graeco-Roman?
weulitus
weulitus

Back to top Go down

Post  Ding760 Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:12 am

weulitus wrote:Sad news on a rainy October day... affraid 
As one who has been around right from the start of SGTA (but generally keeping to the back rows so to say) I am sad to see Ding go and to read that we have drifted away from his envisioned direction. But at the same time I am glad, that Ding - as usual - acted rational, put his personal feelings behind the common interest and handed things over smoothly. While I can relate to his personal disappointment, I still think he achieved a lot of his ambitious ideas first voiced in a forum post almost one and a half years ago.
That things have moved in a direction he can no longer support is unfortunate, but as others have mentioned one of the realities of life. What is important is, how we act upon reaching such a point and in my opinion Ding did the right thing.

I hope am sure to still see you around ingame and if not I have you in my friendlist on steam.

So long and thanks for all the fish inspiration!

If the administration needs someone to donate for hosting the web site just PM me Exclamation 

Oh I almost forgot: about that statue, do you prefer Chinese style or Graeco-Roman?
Thanks weulitus, it has been a pleasure playing and talking with you when we got the chance.

You are quite a game collector on Steam...all I see is "weulitus recently bought..."

Why....Graeco-Roman style of course! Why would I settle for anything else? Very Happy It is clearly the better of the two! Very Happy
Ding760
Ding760

Back to top Go down

Post  Sapaki Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:57 pm

Ding760 wrote:
Why....Graeco-Roman style of course! Why would I settle for anything else? :DIt is clearly the better of the two! Very Happy
If you want your Graeco-Roman style we need to have that naked picture of yours... It is either that or you will get your face on a Maneki-Neko figurine constantly waiving at us!
Sapaki
Sapaki

Back to top Go down

Post  TANKOPPRESSION Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:58 am

Has The Ascending Dragon gone yet .

pig
TANKOPPRESSION
TANKOPPRESSION

Back to top Go down

Post  Ding760 Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:33 am

TANKOPPRESSION wrote:Has The Ascending Dragon gone yet .

pig
Evil or Very Mad 
Ding760
Ding760

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next